Daily Current Affairs July 01
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 01. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 01| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs July 01
1. CA Day or Chartered Accountant Day is observed on?
A) June 29
B) July 01
C) June 28
D) July 02
E) June 30
Answer: B) July 01
- CA Foundation Day will be celebrated on July 1.
- This observance will mark the 74th anniversary of ICAI’s foundation.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) was established on July 1 1949.
National Doctor’s Day:
- Celebrate to mark the birth anniversary of an eminent physician Dr. BC Roy and the day is also his death anniversary.
- 1st observed on 01/07/1991.
- Theme: ‘Family Doctors on the Front Line’
- GST was implemented in 2017.
- GST Day was first observed on July 1, 2018.
- This year observed as 5th Anniversary.
- Idea – “One Nation- One Market- One Tax”
SBI Foundation Day:
- Founded on 01/07/1955
- 66th Anniversary
- 43rd largest bank in the world.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs July 01
2. Former diplomat Satinder Lambah, who led backchannel talks between India and Pakistan, passed away he worked during which period?
Answer: D) 2005-2014
- Former diplomat Satinder Lambah, who led the backchannel diplomatic process between India and Pakistan from 2005 until 2014, passed away in Delhi.
- Lambah was 81 years old and had been unwell for about a year.
- As Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s Special Envoy to Pakistan, Lambah held secret talks with his counterpart Tariq Aziz, who had been appointed by Pakistan’s then military ruler General Parvez Musharraf.
- His role as a negotiator saw the relations between the two countries improve from 2004 to 2008.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs July 01
3. Bad loans of banks expected to decline further to how many percent by March 2023?
Answer: A) 5.3%
- The Reserve Bank the bad loans of banks are expected to further decline to 5.3 per cent of total advances by March 2023 from a six-year low on the back of growth in credit and declining trend in the stock of NPAs.
- However, it cautioned that the proportion of bad loans may increase if the macroeconomic environment worsens.
- The gross non-performing asset (GNPA) ratio of banks fell to a six-year low of 5.9 per cent in March 2022.
- The GNPA ratio of scheduled commercial banks (SCBs) stood at 7.4 per cent in March 2021.
4. SBI Life signs bancassurance pact with PaschimBangaGramin Bank, it belongs to which state?
C) West Bengal
Answer: C) West Bengal
- The PaschimBangaGramin Bank has joined hands with SBI Life Insurance for a bancassurance pact.
- The partnership will see all the branches of PaschimBangaGramin Bank across West Bengal offer SBI Life’s range of protection, wealth creation, credit life, annuity and savings products, thereby increasing accessibility of life insurance solutions in the region.
- The agreement was signed by Arun Kumar Patra, General Manager of PaschimBangaGramin Bank and Jayant Pandey, Regional Director of SBI Life.
- Bancassurance is an arrangement between a bank and an insurance company, as a part of which the latter can sell its products to the lender’s customers.
5. Who among the following company and Aditya Birla Finance launch co-branded credit card?
A) ICICI Card
B) Axis Card
C) HDFC Card
D) Kotak Mahindra credit card
E) SBI Card
Answer: E) SBI Card
- The country’s largest pure-play credit card company SBI Card along with Aditya Birla Finance announced the launch of a co-branded credit card.
- The ‘Aditya Birla SBI Card’ is a co-branded credit card offering significant reward points to customers on their purchases in telecom, fashion, travel, dining, entertainment and hotels, among others.
- This makes ‘Aditya Birla SBI Card’ one of the most compelling cards for customers across segments, offering exciting benefits on both premium and mass brands that belong to Aditya Birla Group.
- The rewards-centric credit card has two variants – ‘Aditya Birla SBI Card SELECT’ and ‘Aditya Birla SBI Card’, on the Visa platform.
6. India gothow many billion USD from World Bank loan for health, private investment?
Answer: B) 1.75
- The World Bank has approved loans totalling USD 1.75 billion (about Rs 13,834.54 crore) to fund India’s PM Ayushman Bharat scheme and private investment to boost economic growth.
- Of the total loan, USD 1 billion will go towards the health sector, while the rest USD 750 million will be in the form of development policy loans (DPL) to fill the financing gaps through private sector investment in the economy.
- The World Bank Board of Executive Directors approved two complementary loans of USD 500 million each to support and enhance India’s health sector.
- Through this combined financing of USD 1 billion, the World Bank will support India’s flagship Pradhan Mantri-Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission (PM-ABHIM), launched in October 2021.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs July 01
7. Sebi leviedhow many lakh fine on 2 individuals in Esaar India case?
Answer: D) 20
- Capital markets regulator Sebi levied fines totalling Rs 20 lakh on two individuals for indulging in fraudulent practices in the matter of Esaar India Ltd (EIL).
- In its order, the regulator imposed a fine of Rs 10 lakh each on Geetaben Joshi and Shivshankar Joshi.
8. Crisil cuts FY23 GDP growth estimate to how many percent?
Answer: A) 7.3%
- Domestic rating agency Crisil lowered its real GDP growth forecast for India to 7.3 percent in FY23 from 7.8 percent estimated earlier.
- This is in line with the RBI’s estimate of 7.2 percent real GDP growth for this fiscal year.
9. Govt slaps export tax on petrol for how many rupees?
Answer: C) 6
- The government slapped an export tax on petrol, diesel and jet fuel (ATF) while also joining nations like the UK in imposing a windfall tax on crude oil produced locally.
- Rs 6 per litre tax on export of petrol and ATF and Rs 13 per litre tax on export of diesel is effective from July 1, finance ministry notifications showed.
- Additionally, Rs 23,250 per tonne tax was levied on crude oil produced domestically.
- Government has raised its basic import duty on gold to 12.5% from 7.5%.
10. GST collections up 56 pc to how many lakh cr in June?
Answer: E) 1.44
- GST collections in June witnessed a 56 percent year-on-year increase to over Rs 1.44 lakh crore on economic recovery and better anti-evasion measures.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) collections in June 2021 stood at Rs 92,800 crore.
- This is the fifth time that the monthly GST collections crossed the Rs 1.40-lakh-crore mark since the inception of GST and the fourth month at a stretch since March 2022.
- GST collections in May were Rs 1.41 lakh crore and in April hit a record high of Rs 1.68 lakh crore.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs July 01
11. EknathShinde takes oath as ____ Chief Minister of Maharashtra?
Answer: B) 20th
- Chief Minister – EknathShinde replaces Uddhav Thackeray
- Deputy Chief Minister – DevendraFadnavis
12. Jackson sworn in, became___ Black woman on Supreme Court?
Answer: D) 1st
- Ketanji Brown Jackson was sworn in to the Supreme Court, shattering a glass ceiling as the first Black woman on the nation’s highest court, United States of America
13. YairLapid became PM of Which of the following country?
Answer: A) Israel
- YairLapid for becoming the 14th leader of Israel.
- This was after ex-prime minister Naftali Bennett’s coalition government lost majority.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs July 01
14. PSLV-C53 successfully injected how many satellites into orbit?
Answer: C) 3
- ISRO’s PSLV C-53, carrying three commercial satellites from Singapore, lifted off from the spaceport.
- This was the second dedicated commercial mission of the space agency’s commercial arm NewSpace India Limited (NSIL).
- The launch vehicle carrying DS-EO satellite along with two other co-passenger satellites lifted off at 6.02 PM from the second launch pad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre here.
- This is the 55th mission of PSLV.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 01
15. India extends Line of Credit worth how many million euro to Cuba to meet food shortage?
Answer: E) 100
- India has extended support to Cuba by giving a Line of Credit (LOC) of Euro 100 million to facilitate them to buy rice from India.
- Until now LOC worth $248 million has been extended by India to Cuba for developmental work.
16. International Criminal Court marked___ anniversary?
Answer: B) 20th
- The International Criminal Court (ICC) is an intergovernmental organization and international tribunal seated in The Hague, Netherlands.
- The International Criminal Court marked the 20th anniversary of its establishment.
Formed on 1 July 2002.
17. Aadhaar-PAN: how many rupees Fine to Link Aadhaar and PAN from July 01?
Answer: D) 1000
- From July 1, the penalty for linking PAN Aadhaar has doubled.
- Till June 30, the PAN-Aadhaar linking fine was Rs 500, but from July 1 that same has been increased to Rs 1000, as per the instructions of the Central Board of Direct Taxes, or CBDT.
- The top tax board has has extended the deadline to link PAN-Aadhaar to March 31, 2023.
18. Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises (PMFME) Scheme of M/o Food Processing Industries, under Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, Completedhow many years?
Answer: A) 2
- The centrally sponsored Pradhan MantriFormalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PMFME) Scheme was launched on 29th June, 2020 by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India under the Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- It has completed 2 years.
- PMFME Scheme is currently being implemented in 35 States and Union Territories in the country
- PMFME Scheme envisages financial support of Rs. 40,000 for working capital and purchase of small tools for each member of the Self Help Group (SHG) engaged in food processing activities
- Over 1 lakh SHG members have been identified and the seed capital amount of Rs. 203 Cr. has been released so far.
19. NTPC commissions India’s largest floating solar power project in which of the following state?
B) Madhya Pradesh
E) Andra Pradesh
Answer: C) Telangana
- NTPC announced that its 100 megawatt (MW) floating solar photovoltaic plant in Telangana is now fully operational.
- The project’s reservoir spans 500 acres and was built with a cost of Rs. 423 crores through M/s BHEL EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) contract. 40 blocks, each with a 2.5 MW capacity.
- One floating platform and an array of 11,200 solar modules make up each block.
20. UAE investors signed up how many billion USD worth of investment in Odisha?
Answer: E) 2.76
- UAE investors have signed Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) worth USD 2.76 billion with India’s state Odisha, after meeting with Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in Dubai.
- The Investors’ Meet was jointly organized with industry body FICCI and the Embassy of India in UAE.
- It was attended by more than 150 companies based out of the UAE and the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology