Daily Current Affairs June 30
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 30. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 30| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs June 30
1. World Asteroid Day is observed on?
A) June 28
B) June 26
C) June 30
D) June 27
E) June 29
Answer: C) June 30
- Asteroid Day is an event observed on 30 June to provide online education about the asteroid.
- This event is held on the anniversary of the Siberian Tunguska event that took place on 30 June 1908.
- It is the most harmful known asteroid related event on Earth in recent history.
- The United Nations passed a resolution for celebrating 30 June as Asteroid Day.
- 1st observed on 30/06/2015
2. International Joke Day is observed on?
A) June 29
B) June 27
C) June 30
D) June 28
E) July 1
Answer: E) July 1
- International Joke Day is celebrated every year on July 1 to appreciate the fact that life is better when you are laughing, sharing jokes and making memories with people you love.
- Created by author and graphic artist Wayne Reinagelin 1994.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs June 30
3. How many states among top achievers in ‘ease of doing business’ ranking of states, UTs?
Answer: A) 7
- Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, and Telangana are among the seven states categorized as top achievers in the ranking of states and Union Territories based on the implementation of the business reform action plan 2020, according to a report released by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Haryana, Karnataka, Punjab, and Tamil Nadu are the other states on the list of top achievers.
- Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh have been categorized as Achievers in the ranking.
- The Aspires category too includes seven states, including Assam, Kerala, and Goa.
- Other states in this section are Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Kerala, Rajasthan, and West Bengal.
- In the category of emerging business ecosystems, there are 11 states and UTs, including Delhi, Puducherry, and Tripura.
- Andaman and Nicobar, Bihar, Chandigarh, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Jammu and Kashmir, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Tripura are the other states and UTs in this section.
- The BRAP 2020 includes 301 reform points covering 15 business regulatory areas, such as access to information, single window system, labor, and land administration.
- 118 new reforms were included to further augment the reform process.
- Sectoral reforms with 72 action points spread across nine sectors like trade license, healthcare, legal metrology, and cinema halls were introduced to expand the scope of the reform agenda.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 30
4. Banks’ GNPAs fell to six-year low of how many percent in March 2022?
Answer: B) 5.9%
- Gross non-performing assets (GNPAs) of scheduled commercial banks (SCBs) fell to a six-year low of 5.9 per cent in March 2022 and could fall further to 5.3 per cent by March 2023, according to the Financial Stability Report of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- “Under the assumption of no further regulatory reliefs as well as without taking the potential impact of stressed asset purchases by National Assets Reconstruction Company Limited into account, stress tests indicate that GNPA ratio of all SCBs may improve from 5.9 per cent in March 2022 to 5.3 per cent by March 2023 under the baseline scenario driven by higher expected bank credit growth and declining trend in the stock of GNPAs, among other factors.
5. Mudra loans see robust growth in Q1 at how many crores?
Answer: D) 62650
- The disbursal of Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) loans showed a significant surge at ₹62,650 crore in the first quarter of the current financial year.
- This is significant growth, even surpassing the pre-Covid performance.
- In the comparable period last year, the disbursal was about ₹37,600 crore.
- Till date, PMMY loans worth ₹66,520 crore have been sanctioned, of which, ₹62,650 crore has been disbursed.
- In the first quarter of FY22, Mudra advances to the tune of ₹41,516 crore were sanctioned, of which, ₹37,600 crore was disbursed.
- Public sector banks have been the major channel of small business loans, accounting for more than 55 per cent of total disbursals.
- Private commercial banks, regional rural banks, small finance banks, MFIs and NBFCs account for the rest.
- Mudra loans are given by commercial banks, regional rural banks, small finance banks, MFIs and NBFCs.
- Public sector banks, however, have been the main channel, accounting for over 60 per cent of the loans disbursed.
6. World Bank approvedhow many million USD development policy loan to support Indian economic growth?
Answer: A) 750
- The World Bank Board of Executive Directors approved a $750 million development policy loan (DPL) to the Government of India (GoI) to support reforms critical to addressing financing gaps by leveraging private sector investment in infrastructure, small businesses, and the green finance markets.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs June 30
7. SEA welcomes GST Council’s decision to impose how many percent GST on deoiled rice bran?
Answer: C) 5%
- Edible oil industry body SEA welcomed the GST Council’s decision to impose 5 per cent Goods and Services Tax (GST) on deoiled rice bran, saying this will discourage the use of the produce for feed purpose.
- At present, about 5 per cent GST is applicable on rice bran (before oil extraction) and crude rice bran oil.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs June 30
8. Ferdinand Marcos Jr sworn in President of which of the following country?
Answer: E) Philippines
- Ferdinand Marcos Jr has been sworn in as the President of the Philippines in Manila.
- He succeeded the outgoing President Rodrigo Duterte.
- Sara Duterte, the daughter of the outgoing president, is being sworn in as vice-president.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 30
9. India’s urban population to stand at 675 mn in which year, behind China?
Answer: B) 2035
- India’s urban population is estimated to stand at 675 million in 2035, the second highest behind China’s one billion, the UN has said in a report, noting that after the COVID-19 pandemic, the global urban population is back on track to grow by another 2.2 billion by 2050.
- The United Nations-Habitat’s World Cities Report 2022, released, said that rapid urbanisation was only temporarily delayed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The global urban population is back on track to grow by another 2.2 billion people by 2050.
- India’s urban population is projected to be 675,456,000 in 2035, growing from 483,099,000 in 2020 to 542,743,000 in 2025 and 607,342,000 in 2030.
- By 2035, the percentage of population in India at mid-year residing in urban area will be 43.2 per cent.
10. India and which of the following countrydiscuss cooperation in 5G technology?
Answer: D) Japan
- Cooperation in 5G telecom technology figured prominently in the India-Japan cyber dialogue held virtually.
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said both sides discussed important areas of bilateral cyber cooperation and reviewed the progress achieved in the areas of cybersecurity and information and communication technologies.
- Thediscussions included developments in cyber domain and mutual cooperation in the area during discussions at the United Nations and other multilateral and regional fora.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 30
11. Centre’s fiscal deficit at how many percent of full-year target in May: Govt data?
Answer: A) 12.3%
- The central government’s fiscal deficit at the end of May stood at 12.3 per cent of the annual budget target for 2022-23, mainly due to higher expenditure.
- Fiscal deficit is the difference between total expenditure and revenue of the government.
- It is an indication of the total borrowings that are needed by the government.
- The fiscal deficit was at 8.2 per cent of the Budget Estimate (RE) of 2021-22 during the corresponding period.
- In actual terms, the deficit was at Rs 2,03,921 crore at the end of May, as per the data released by the Controller General of Accounts (CGA).
- The country’s fiscal deficit is projected at 6.4 per cent of the GDP for this fiscal ending March 2023 as against 6.71 per cent for the previous year.
- As per the data, the total receipts of the government at the end of May was at Rs 3.81 lakh crore or 16.7 per cent of the BE for 2022-23.
- The collection was about 18 per cent of the BE of 2021-22 in the corresponding period last fiscal.
- In May, the tax (net) revenue was at 15.9 per cent of the BE of 2022-23. It was 15.1 per cent of the BE 2021-22 in the year-ago period.
- In actual terms, the net tax revenue stood at Rs 3,07,589 crore during April-May 2022-23.
- As per the data, the central government’s total expenditure at the end of May stood at Rs 5.85 lakh crore or 14.8 per cent of this year’s BE.
- It was 13.7 per cent of the BE in the corresponding period.
- For 2022-23, the fiscal deficit of the government is estimated to be Rs 16,61,196 crore.
12. TN CM inauguratedCollectorate at how many crores?
Answer: C) 129
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin inaugurated Rs 129.56 crore worth of completed infrastructure projects, including a new Collectorate complex for Tirupattur District.
- Inaugurating the 7-storeyed complex, with a 2,94,565sqft built-up area at Tirupattur in north Tamil Nadu, Stalin inspected the new government office spaces located in a site spread over 10.38 acre.
- The complex has been built at a cost of Rs 109.71 crore.
- The Revenue Divisional Office building at Vaniyambadi (Rs 2.12 crore), a college hostel building (Rs 4.10 crore) in Ambur taluk were among the other completed projects inaugurated on the occasion.
- In total, 28 projects worth Rs 129.56 crore were inaugurated.
- Stalin also laid the foundation stone for six new projects being taken up at an estimated cost of Rs 13.66 crore.
- Also, on behalf of various government departments, the Chief Minister gave away welfare assistance to beneficiaries, which includes free of cost houses and aid to the unemployed.
- As many as 16,820 beneficiaries are set to get assistance worth Rs 103.42 crore.
13. Child’s Aadhaar not mandatory for availing benefits of Poshanscheme,the scheme was implemented in which year?
Answer: E) 2018
- The Women and Child Development Ministry have clarified that a child’s Aadhaar card is not mandatory for availing the benefits of the nutrition scheme and that these can be accessed using the mother’s biometric card to register on the Poshan tracker app.
- The ministry recently proposed that the Anganwadi services should be digitized through the Poshan tracker to keep a tab on the nutrition access of the children moving across states.
14. IOC to invest how many crores to raise Digboi refinery capacity?
Answer: B) 740
- State-owned Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) will invest over Rs 740 crore to raise the capacity of the nation’s oldest oil refinery at Digboi in Assam.
- In a stock exchange filing, IOC said its board has approved raising of Digboi refinery capacity from 0.65 million tonnes per annum to 1 million tonnes along with associated facilities at an estimated cost of Rs 740.20 crore.
15. With over 4 lakh subscribers, Reliance Jio becomes largest fixed line service provider in which of the following state?
C) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: D) Gujarat
- Adding over 4 lakh subscribers in less than three years of its launch, Reliance Jio has become the largest provider of fixed line service in Gujarat.
- Since the commercial launch of JioFiber on September 5 in 2019, Jio has reached over 40 cities, towns and villages of Gujarat gaining over 4 lakh subscribers.
16. Odisha received how many crores investment proposals at Dubai meet?
Answer: A) 21000
- The Dubai Investors’ Meet, inaugurated by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, saw the participation of around 150 companies from the Middle East and North Africa.
- Investment intents worth more than Rs 21,000 crore which have employment potential of more than 19,000, was received by the state across sectors such as infrastructure, hospitality, logistics, chemicals, food processing.
- The chief minister announced that the state would be hosting the third edition of the ‘Make In Odisha’ summit from November 30 to December 4 in Bhubaneswar.
- Patnaik said that Odisha attracted investments worth USD 50 billion during the last two years despite the pandemic.
17. PM launches ‘Capacity Building of First-Time MSME Exporters (CBFTE)’ scheme to encourage export of products and services,MSME accounts for ____ of country’s economy?
D) ¾ th
Answer: C) 1/3rd
- PM launches ‘Capacity Building of First-Time MSME Exporters (CBFTE)’ scheme to encourage export of products and services.
- India’s micro, small and medium enterprises are a huge pillar of growth journey, as they together account for almost one-third of the country’s economy.
- Inaugurated the Rs 6,062.45-crore ‘Raising and Accelerating MSME Performance’ (RAMP) scheme for MSMEs at the ‘Udyami Bharat’ program held at VigyanBhawanin the national capital.
- The scheme aims to scale up the implementation capacity and coverage of MSMEs in the states, with impact enhancement of existing schemes.
- The scheme has an outlay of around Rs 6,000 crore.
- The scheme aims to scale up the implementation capacity and coverage of Medium Small and Micro Enterprises (MSME) in the states, with impact enhancement of existing MSME schemes.
- It will complement the Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan by fostering innovation, encouraging ideation, incubating new business and entrepreneurship by developing quality standards, improving practices and processes, enhancing market access, deploying technological tools and Industry 4.0 to make MSMEs competitive and self-reliant.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy