Daily Current Affairs July 02
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 02. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 02| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs July 02
1. World UFO Day is celebrated on?
A) June 30
B) June 28
C) July 02
D) June 29
E) July 01
Answer: C) July 02
- World UFO Day is marked on July 2 across the globe.
- It is observed to spread awareness about unidentified flying objects and to “acknowledge the presence” of UFOs.
- This day was first observed by UFO researcher HaktanAkdogan in 2001.
- The word UFO or an unidentified flying object was first coined by the United States Air Force in 1953.
International Day of Cooperatives 2022:
- On July 2, cooperatives all around the world will celebrate the 100th International Day of Cooperatives (#CoopsDay).
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) passed a resolution on 16 December 1992 to declare the first Saturday of July 1995 as the International Day of Cooperatives.
- ‘Cooperatives Build a Better World.’
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs July 02
2. RBI ask banks to test note sorting machines on _____ basis?
B) 2 years
C) Half Yearly
D) 3 years
Answer: A) Quarterly
- The RBI asked banks to test their note sorting machines for accuracy and consistency every quarter to ensure currency notes conform to the prescribed parameters.
- In the circular on ‘Note Sorting Machines – Authentication and Fitness Sorting Parameters’, the RBI said a fit note is “a note that is genuine, sufficiently clean to allow its denomination to be readily ascertained and thus suitable for recycling”.
- An unfit note is the one that is not suitable for recycling because of its physical condition or belongs to a series that has been phased out by the Reserve Bank of India.
- The parameters, it said, provide the minimum standards for cash handling machines used by banks.
3. Bank of India hiked MCLR on loans by how many basis point?
Answer: E) 15
- Bank of India has increased its marginal cost of funds-based lending rate (MCLR) by 15 basis points (bps) for select tenors, with effect from July 1, 2022.
- The one-year MCLR has gone up from 7.35 to 7.50 percent as a result of the modification.
- A 15 basis point increase has been made to the one-month, three-month and 6 month MCLRs, bringing them to 7.05, 7.10, and 7.20 percent, respectively.
- The overnight and 3 year MCLR has been kept unchanged at 2.90 and 7.70 percent, respectively.
4. UPI transactions remained above how many lakh crore in June for second month in a row?
Answer: B) 10
- UPI-enabled digital transactions remained above Rs 10 lakh crore in June for the second month in a row, data from NPCI.
- However, it was down by nearly 3 percent from the previous month.
- The transaction value under Unified Payments Interface (or BHIM UPI) digital payments in June 2022 stood at Rs 10,14,384 crore, down by 2.6 percent from the previous month, the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) data showed.
- The UPI-led payments during the month were in correspondence to a total of 5.86 billion transactions.
- In May 2022, the UPI transactions were valued at Rs 10,41,506 crore involving total number of 5.95 billion transactions.
- In April, the UPI transactions were worth Rs 9,83,302 crore through a total of 5.58 billion transactions.
5. Which of the following Bank signed MoU with Government of Haryana?
B) Bank of Baroda
C) HDFC Bank
D) Indian Bank
E) Axis Bank
Answer: D) Indian Bank
- Public sector Indian Bank has inked a pact with the Government of Haryana towards distribution of mobile phones to consumers through e-unified payment interface system.
- As per the agreement, the city-headquartered bank would provide e-upi coupons to beneficiaries.
- The coupons can be redeemed without any credit or debit card allowing the customers to avail a mobile phone from a designated vendor.
- Mobile distribution melas would be organised by the bank in Haryana under this initiative.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs July 02
6. Govt hiked gold import duty to how many percent?
Answer: A) 15%
- The government has hiked gold import duty to 15 percent from 10.75 percent to check the current account deficit (CAD) and rising import of the yellow metal.
- The duty changes came into effect on June 30.
- Earlier, the basic customs duty on gold was 7.5 percent, now it will be 12.5 percent.
Along with the agriculture infrastructure development cess (AIDC) of 2.5 percent, the effective gold customs duty will be 15 percent.
7. Sebi finedhow many lakh on PGIM AMC, CEO Ajit Menon, 3 others?
Answer: C) 36
- Capital markets regulator Sebi has imposed a penalty totalling Rs 36 lakh on five entities including PGIM Asset Management Company and its chief executive officer Ajit Menon for flouting mutual funds norms while executing Inter-Scheme Transfers (ISTs).
- Apart from these, the regulator has penalised Kumaresh Ramakrishnan, Puneet Pal and Rakesh Suri.
- They were the fund managers at the time of the violation of the rule.
- In its order, Sebi noted that five entities did not adhere to the provisions of the mutual fund regulations while executing ISTs between open and close-ended schemes of PGIM MF.
- While executing ISTs, certain low-quality securities were transferred from close-ended schemes to open-ended schemes.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs July 02
8. Indian origin Raja Kumar starts as FATF President,FATF founded in which year?
Answer: E) 1989
- Raja Kumar, President of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) started his work as the chief of the world’s anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism financing agency.
- Raja Kumar has rich leadership and operational experience, having held a wide range of senior leadership roles in the Ministry of Home Affairs in Singapore and the Singapore Police Force for over 35 years.
- He currently serves as the Senior Advisor (International) in the Ministry of Home Affairs, advising on international policy development, partnerships and engagement.
- Prior to this, he was Deputy Secretary (International) at the Ministry from January 2015 to July 2021 and was concurrently the Chief Executive of the Home Team Academy between 2014 and 2018.
- As Deputy Secretary (International), Raja Kumar forged stronger collaborative relationships with key counterparts in the safety and security arena, including with strategic partners such as INTERPOL and the UN.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs July 02
9. Army planned to buy atleasthow many light armoured multipurpose vehicle for deployment along China, Pakistan borders?
Answer: B) 800
- The Army is planning to procure atleast 800 Light Armoured Multipurpose Vehicle (LAMV) for reconnaissance and surveillance tasks carried out by mechanised infantry and armoured corps borders with Pakistan and China.
- The defence ministry intends to give preference to buy LAMV through ‘Make in India’ initiative to give further boost to the indigenous industry.
10. DRDO conducts successful maiden flight of Autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator in which of the following State?
A) Andra Pradesh
B) Madhya Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Karnataka
- In a major breakthrough, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully carried out the maiden flight of the Autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator from the Aeronautical Test Range, Chitradurga, Karnataka.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 02
11. The ____ round of the Foreign Office Consultations between India and Mexico held in Mexico?
Answer: A) 6th
- The sixth round of the Foreign Office Consultations between India and Mexico were held in Mexico City.
- The discussions were led on the Indian side by Secretary (East) in Ministry of External Affairs Saurabh Kumar and on the Mexican side by Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mexico Ms. Carmen Moreno Toscano.
- The consultations reviewed the entire gamut of bilateral relations including Political, Trade and Investment, Health and Pharmaceuticals, Science and Technology including Space, Culture and Tourism, Education, Consular, and other areas of mutual interest.
- A Specific Agreement on cooperation in outer space focusing on Crop Monitoring, Drought Assessment and Capacity Building between ISRO and Mexican Space Agency was also signed during the visit.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 02
12. Singapore firm plannedhow many crore chip park in TN?
Answer: C) 25600
- IGSS venture, a Singapore-based firm, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Tamil Nadu Industrial Guidance and Export Promotion Bureau to set up the State’s first semiconductor park at an investment of Rs 25,600 crore over the next five years.
- The project is expected to create 25,000 jobs.
- While the location for setting up the high-tech electronics park is yet to be finalised, it is expected to be spread over 300 acres when it’s fully completed.
- Tamil Nadu has attracted over Rs 90,000 crore worth of investments by signing 132 memoranda of understanding soon after the government assumed office in May 2021 and the investments led to generation of over two lakh jobs.
13. Karnataka records an impressive how many percent growth in GST collection?
Answer: E) 73%
- Karnataka has recorded an impressive 73 per cent growth in GST collection for the month of June, bringing accolades for the GST collection team headed by Commercial Tax Commissioner C. Shikhafrom Chief Minister BasavarajBommai.
- Though Karnataka stood only second to Tamil Nadu’s GST growth of 83 per cent, collection-wise Karnataka with Rs 8,845 crore pipped Tamil Nadu whose collection stood at Rs 8,027 crore.
14. HM Amit Shah inaugurates, laid foundation stone of various development projects worth over how manycrore in Ahmedabad?
Answer: B) 33
- Union Minister for Home and Cooperation Amit Shah inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of various development projects in Ahmedabad,Gujarat.
- These projects worth over 33 crore rupees belong to Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation and Railway sector.
- He also dedicated Chandlodiya – Khodiyar Railway Under-Bridge on this occasion.
- This will provide more facilities to the people and ease the traffic congestion.
15. Finance ministry empaneledhow many transaction advisers for assisting in implementation of PPP projects?
Answer: D) 12
- Finance Ministry said the Department of Economic Affairs has empanelled12 Transaction Advisers (TAs) to provide necessary support to Project Sponsoring Authorities in transactions of Public Private Partnership (PPP) projects.
- In Union Budget 2022-23, the government had announced its intention to create an enabling environment for stepping up private investment in infrastructure.
- Earlier, the government had launched VGF Scheme to provide financial support to PPPs for infrastructure projects that are economically justified but commercially unviable.
- The latest initiative requires that at the Central, State, and Local government level, Project Sponsoring Authorities have access to quality advisory support for viable PPP transactions.
16. How many New Airportsto be added to existing 53 Krishi UDAN Airports?
Answer: A) 5
- Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India in collaboration with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) organised a stakeholder workshop for evaluation of Krishi UDAN 2.0.
- The conference brought together experts from Air Cargo Sector for highlighting the benefits of Krishi UDAN and how domestic air cargo players can work in convergence and creating a seamless transaction across the value chain.
- It was also informed that 5 new airports namely Belagavi, Jharsuguda, Jabalpur, Darbhanga and Bhopal are to add to the list of existing 53 list of Krishi UDAN airports.
- With this, 58 airports would be actively participating in Krishi UDAN.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy