Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 21 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Fisheries Day is observed on which date?
A) November 24
B) November 23
C) November 21
D) November 22
Answer: C) November 21
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana:
- On 10th of September this year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched the “Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana” (PMMSY) at an estimated investment of 20 thousand 50 crore rupees for a period of five years from 2020-21 to 2024-25.
- The scheme aims to achieve fish production to 22 million metric tonnes by 2024-25 and also to create an additional employment opportunity to about 55 lakh people.
2. Sheik Khaja Hussain passed away. He won Kendra Sahitya Akademy award in which year?
Answer: B) 2017
- Renowned Telugu poet, journalist, scriptwriter and Kendra Sahitya Academy award winner Sheik Khaja Hussain, popularly known as Devi Priya, died of brief illness in Hyderabad.
- He received Kendra Sahitya Akademy award for his book “Gaali Rangu” (colour of wind) in 2017.
Sheik Khaja Hussain – Renowned Telugu poet, Kendra Sahitya Academy award.
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
3. Bharti Airtel will acquire how much % stake in solar power company Avaada MHBuldhana for Rs 4.55 crore?
A) 5.2 per cent
B) 4.2 per cent
C) 3.2 per cent
D) 2.2 per cent
Answer: A) 5.2 per cent
- Avaada MHBuldhana Private Limited is a newly-formed company and developing a captive generating solar power plant in Maharashtra which will become operational by March 2021.
- It is a subsidiary of Avaada Energy Private Limited (AEPL).
- Bharti Airtel – acquire 5.2% stake in Avaada MHBuldhana for Rs 4.55 crore.
|Company||Acquire company||% Stake||Amount|
|Canara Bank||IBBIC||6.67 per cent||Rs 5 lakh|
|South Indian Bank|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|Bank of Baroda|
4. Who is appointed as the policy director of Jill Biden?
A) Kala Adiga
B) Mala Adiga
C) Bala Adiga
D) seetha Adiga
Answer: B) Mala Adiga
Mala Adiga – The policy director of Jill Biden.
5. India plans to nearly double its oil refining capacity in the next how many years?
Answer: C) 5
- India plans to nearly double its oil refining capacity in the next five years, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said.
- India is moving ahead with target of reducing its carbon footprint by 30 to 35 pct, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said.
6. Amit Shah will lay the foundation stone for the reservoir at Thervoykandigai built at a cost of how much amount?
A) Rs 180 crore
B) Rs 380 crore
C) Rs 280 crore
D) Rs 480 crore
Answer: B) Rs 380 crore
- Union Home Minister and BJP leader Amit Shah reached Chennai where he will inaugurate and lay the foundation stone of various development projects in Tamil Nadu.
- He will lay the foundation stone for the reservoir at Thervoykandigai built at a cost of Rs 380 crore and lay the foundation for various infrastructure projects worth a whopping Rs 67,378 crore in Tamil Nadu.
- Shah would be laying foundation stone of Phase II of the Chennai Metro Rail project (Rs 61,843 crore), elevated corridor on Coimbatore-Avinashi Road (Rs 1,620 crore), construction of new barrage across the Cauvery at Nanjai Pugalur in Karur district (Rs 406 crore), Chennai Trade Centre extension project (Rs 309 crore), Indian Oil Corporation Terminal at Vallur in Tiruvallur district (Rs 900 crore), Lube plant at Amullaivoyal (Rs 1,400 crore) and a new berth at Kamarajar port in Chennai (Rs 900 crore) to boost cargo handling.
Amit Shah – The foundation stone for the reservoir at Thervoykandigai built at a cost of of Rs 380 crore.
Minister : Amit Shah
Constituency : Gandhinagar, Gujarat
7. who lay the foundation stones for rural drinking water supply projects worth Rs 5,555 crore in Mirzapur and Sonbhadra districts of Uttar Pradesh?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Ramnath Kovind
C) Amit Shah
D) Nirmala Sitharaman
Answer: A) Narendra Modi
Narendra Modi – Lay foundation stones for water supply projects in parched Vindhya region.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
8. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister laid the foundation stone in for the construction of four new fishing harbours and 25 aqua hubs in the State with a total outlay of how much amount?
A) Rs 4,735 crore
B) Rs 3,735 crore
C) Rs 1,735 crore
D) Rs 2,735 crore
Answer: C) Rs 1,735 crore
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, on World Fisheries Day , laid the foundation stone in virtual mode for the construction of four new fishing harbours and 25 aqua hubs in the State with a total outlay of Rs 1,735 crore.
- The harbours will come up at Juvvaladinne, Nizampatnam, Machilipatnam and Uppada along the Bay of Bengal coast.
9. Country’s First moss garden comes up in which place?
B) Pauri Garhwal,Uttarakhand
D) Nainital ,Uttarakhand
Answer: D) Nainital ,Uttarakhand
Nainital ,Uttarakhand – Country’s first moss garden.
Capital : Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
CM : Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor : Baby Rani Maurya
10. Which state launched a drive named “Him Suraksha” to find covid-19 cases in state?
A) Himachal Pradesh
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh -“Him Suraksha” to find covid-19 cases in state.
Capital : Shimla
CM : Jai Ram Thakur
Governor : Bandaru Dattatreya
11. Which state bans online gaming involving betting?
A) Himachal Pradesh
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Tamil Nadu
An ordinance to “ban online gaming” involving betting, has been promulgated by the Tamil Nadu government in the backdrop of suicides by gamers who allegedly lost money, and any violation would attract both fine and imprisonment, ranging up to two years.
Tamil Nadu – Ban online gaming involving betting.
Capital : Chennai
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit