Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 22 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Which edition of Raising Day NCC is observed on November 22?
Answer: D) 72
—> 59th National Pharmacy Week November 16-22 Pharmacists: Frontline Health Professionals.
—> Boyra Day November 22.
2. Bulgarian player Aleksandrina Naydenova has banned lifetime and fined her $150,000 for match-fixing offences. He is related to which sports?
C) Table Tennis
Answer: A) Tennis
Aleksandrina Naydenova – ban lifetime and fined her $150,000 for match-fixing offences.
Capital : Sofia
Currency : Bulgarian Lev
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. Which country central Bank becomes world’s 1st central bank to reach 1 mn followers on Twitter?
B) US Federal Reserve
C) Bank of England
D) European Central Bank
Answer: A) RBI
- With one million Twitter followers, the Reserve Bank of India has become the first central bank in the world to reach this milestone.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has beaten the US Federal Reserve and European Central Bank on Twitter by emerging as the most popular central bank on the microblogging site with one million followers.
RBI – world’s 1st central bank to reach 1 mn followers on Twitter.
Reserve Bank of India:
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
4. Who won Woman Entrepreneur of the Year for developing novel immune-oncotherapeutics during Bengaluru Tech Summit 2020?
A) Gayathri Nadarajan
B) Kavitha Iyer Rodrigues
D) Nibedit Dey
Answer: B) Kavitha Iyer Rodrigues
- ShanMukha Innovations Private Limited won ‘Best product against COVID-19’ for their Mobile Infection Testing and Reporting (MITR) Labs provide a unique end-to-end RT-PCR testing infrastructure.JALODBUST, whose SaniPreneur replaces manual scavenging by emptying and transporting the settled/hardened sludge in the septic tanks and leach-pits, won the ‘Best Social Enterprise/ Institute award’.
- While Nibedit Dey, Founder & CEO of Ibrum Technologies , a company developing a novel point-of-care pneumonia screening device for primary care healthcare users received ‘Innovator of the Year’.
- Kavitha Iyer Rodrigues, Co-Founder & CEO of Zumutor Biologics Private Limited, who is developing novel immune-oncotherapeutics won Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Fibroheal Woundcare Private Limited, a healthcare biotech startup that developed biomaterial-based wound healing products was awarded ‘Startup of the Year’.
Kavitha Iyer Rodrigues – Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
5. US-European ocean monitoring satellite named The Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite launched into orbit in which rocket?
A) Falcon 7
B) Falcon 9
C) Falcon 8
D) Falcon 4
Answer: B) Falcon 9
A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carrying the satellite blasted off from Vandenberg Air Force Base
Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich is the first of two satellites jointly developed by a group of agencies in the United States and Europe, including NASA, NOAA, the European Space Agency, Eumetsat and the European Commission, to provide precise measurements of rising sea levels.
The Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite – A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carrying the satellite blasted off from Vandenberg Air Force Base.
6. 2nd edition of India, Singapore and Thailand Trilateral Maritime Exercise in Andaman Sea. What is the name of that exercise?
Answer: C) SITMEX-20
- Indian Navy Ships including indigenously built ASW corvette Kamorta and missile corvette Karmuk are participating in the 2nd edition of India, Singapore and Thailand Trilateral Maritime Exercise SITMEX-20 in Andaman Sea.
- The 2020 edition of the exercise is being hosted by Republic of Singapore Navy which is being represented by the ‘Formidable’ Class frigate ‘Intrepid’ and ‘Endurance’ Class Landing Ship Tank ‘Endeavour’.
- Royal Thai Navy is being represented by the ‘Chao Phraya’ Class frigate ‘Kraburi’ in the exercise.
Andaman Sea – the 2nd edition of India, Singapore and Thailand Trilateral Maritime Exercise SITMEX-20.
capital : Singapore
Currency : Singapore Dollar
Capital : Bangkok
Currency : Thai bhat
7. Which country and India have announced to work together in the fields of advanced technology, including Artificial Intelligence, IoT and cybersecurity?
C) The Maldives
Answer: A) Australia
Australia and India have announced to work together in the fields of advanced technology, including Artificial Intelligence, IoT and cybersecurity, after the two countries signed a $12.7 million cybersecurity pact in June.
Australia + India = fields of advanced technology, including Artificial Intelligence, IoT and cybersecurity.
Australia: Capital : Canberra
Currency : Australian Dollar
8. Uttarakhand government would provide houses to 84,726 beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin) by which year?
A) January 2022
B) March 2022
C) February 2022
D) August 2022
Answer: B) March 2022.
Uttarakhand – Provide Houses To 84726 Poor Under PMAYG By 2022.
Capital : Dehradun(Winter), Gairsain(Summer)
CM : Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor : Baby Rani Maurya
9. 59th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Aerospace Medicine was held in which place?
A) Bangalore, Karnataka
B) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
C) New Delhi, Delhi
D) Hyderabad, Telangana
Answer: A) Bangalore, Karnataka
- With the theme of ‘Extraordinary Times: Changing Aeromedical Paradigms’, the 59th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Aerospace Medicine was held at the Institute of Aerospace Medicine, Bengaluru on November 20-21.
- Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria, PVSM, AVSM, VM, ADC, Chief of the Air Staff, inaugurated the conference.
Bengaluru – 59th Annual Conference Of Indian Society Of Aerospace Medicine.
10. Which state governor presented Doctor of Science honorary doctorate upon ISRO Chairman K Sivan?
B) Andhra Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Karnataka
Karnataka Governor – Doctor of Science honorary doctorate upon ISRO Chairman.
Capital : Bengaluru
CM : B. S. Yeddyurappa
Governor : Vajubhai Vala
11. DRDO flagged off the first Varunastra,the heavy weight torpedo that was delivered to the Indian Navy. It is designed by which organisation?
A) NSTL, Mumbai
B) NSTL, Visakhapatnam
C) NSTL, Kochi
D) NSTL, Kolkata
Answer: B) NSTL, Visakhapatnam
- G. Satheesh Reddy, Secretary, Department of Defence R&D and Chairman, DRDO flagged off the first Varunastra, the heavy weight torpedo that was delivered to the Indian Navy at a ceremony held at BDL, Visakhapatnam Unit.
- He later laid the foundation stone for setting up of a state-of-the-art central store at BDL, Visakhapatnam Unit.
- Varunastra, the heavy weight torpedo, has been designed and developed by NSTL, Visakhapatnam.
- BDL, being the production agency, is manufacturing Varunastra at its Visakhapatnam Unit for the Indian Navy.
DRDO -flag off first Varunastra, a heavy weight torpedo.
DRDO: Hq : New Delhi
DRDO Chairman : G. Satheesh Reddy