Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 19 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day is observed on which date?
A) November 13
B) November 14
C) November 19
D) November 18
Answer: C) November 19
|Women’s Entrepreneurship Day|
|World Toilet Day|
|International Men’s Day|
|November 15 and 21||National Newborn Week|
2. T B Solabakkanavar passed away. He won which award?
A) Rajyotsava award
B) Padma Shri
C) JCB Prize
D) Padma Bhushan
Answer: A) Rajyotsava award
- Creator of the Rock Garden at Gotagodi and Rajyotsava award winner T B Solabakkanavar died due to COVID-19 related complications.
- T B Solabakkanavar – Creator of the Rock Garden at Gotagodi and Rajyotsava award.
3. According to TRACE, What is the rank of India in business bribery risks of 2020?
Answer: B) 77
Total Countries – 194
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Which Bank introduces ‘Cardless EMI’ using PAN, mobile number in lieu of wallet or cards?
A) ICICI Bank
B) HDFC Bank
C) Bandhan Bank
D) IDBI Bank
Answer: A) ICICI Bank
Benefits for ICICI Bank pre-approved customers:
- No-cost EMI without using a card: Customers get no-cost EMI without using cards.
- No processing fee: The Bank doesn’t charge any processing fee for this facility.
- Digital process: The process is completely digital, contactless and secure.
- Wide transaction limit: Customers can get pre-approved limit for purchases from Rs 10,000 to Rs 10 lakh.
- Flexible tenures: Customers can select tenures of their choice from three to 15 months.
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO : SandeepBakshi
Tagline : Hum Hai Na, KhayalApka
ICICI Bank – Cardless EMI’using PAN, mobile number.
5. The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of Rs 5 lakh on Nissan Renault Financial Services India Private Limited for non-compliance with the central bank’s directions.what is the headquarters of Nissan Renault Financial Services India Private Limited?
A) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
B) Bangalore, Karnataka
C) Mumbai, Maharashtra
D) Pune, Maharashtra
Answer: A) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
RBI said the penalty has been imposed for non-compliance with its directions contained in Non-Banking Financial Company – Systemically Important Non-Deposit taking Company and Deposit taking Company (Reserve Bank) Directions, 2016 on Fair Practices Code for applicable NBFCs.
Reserve Bank of India:
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
RBI – Rs 5 lakh penalty on Nissan Renault Financial Services India for non-compliance with the central bank’s directions.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
6. Larsen and Toubro has bagged an order worth over how much amount to construct a part of the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR)?
A) Rs 5,000 crore
B) Rs 4,000 crore
C) Rs 7,000 crore
D) Rs 3,000 crore
Answer: C) Rs 7,000 crore
- Infrastructure major Larsen and Toubro (L&T) said it has bagged an order worth over Rs 7,000 crore to construct a part of the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR), also known as the Bullet Train Project.
- The transportation infrastructure business of L&T Construction has secured mega contract from the National High-Speed Rail Corporation Ltd (NHSRCL) to construct 87.569 km of the MAHSR project.
L&T – Rs 7,000-cr order to construct part of Bullet Train project.
7. Which company and USAID partner to launch ‘Project Kirana’ for women entrepreneurs?
Answer: D) Mastercard
- To enable women entrepreneurs to launch, grow and thrive, Mastercard and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) announced their partnership to launch Project Kirana.
- A two year programme, the project will first be rolled out in select cities of Uttar Pradesh – Lucknow, Kanpur and Varanasi.
- The programme will be implemented by DAI Digital Frontiers and ACCESS Development Services.
Mastercard + USAID = to launch ‘Project Kirana’ for women entrepreneurs.
8. Which IT company collaborates with start-up incubator Social Alpha launches programme for health-tech start-up?
- Microsoft announced the launch of a dedicated programme for health-tech startups.
- The ‘Microsoft for Healthtech Startups’ programme has been launched to provide necessary resources to health-tech start-ups along with go-to-market support.
- The tech giant is also collaborating with start-up incubator Social Alpha “to accelerate the growth of participating start-ups.
Microsoft + Social Alpha = programme for health-tech start-ups.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
9. ‘The commonwealth of cricket: The most subtle and sophisticated game known to mankind’ is authored by whom?
A) Girish Kuber
B) Manbeena Sandhu
C) R C Bhargava
D) Ramachandra Guha
Answer: D) Ramachandra Guha
‘The commonwealth of cricket: The most subtle and sophisticated game known to mankind’ – Ramachandra Guha (Author)
10. Who is appointed as President of the News Broadcasters Association?
A) K L Sathish
B) Anuradha Prasad Shukla
C) M K Anand
D) Rajat Sharma
Answer: D) Rajat Sharma
- The News Broadcasters Association elected India TV Editor-in-Chief Rajat Sharma as the president for another term in 2020-21
- The board also elected Anuradha Prasad Shukla, chairperson-cum-managing director – News24 Broadcast India Ltd, as the vice president and M K Anand, managing director & chief executive officer – Times Network – Bennett, Coleman and Co. Ltd, Honorary Treasurer of the NBA for the year 2020-2021.
Rajat Sharma – President of News Broadcasters Association.
11. The National Fisheries Development Board has conferred four awards to which state for the success in the fishery sector?
B) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Assam
- The National Fisheries Development Board has conferred four awards to Assam for the success in the fishery sector.
- Assam has got the best state award under the category of best hilly and North Eastern state.
- Assam Apex Cooperative Fish Marketing and Processing Federation Limited (FISHFED) has been selected under the category of best hilly and North eastern government organization.
- Nagaon district has been selected under best hilly and North Eastern district category
Nalbari based farmer Amal Medhi is selected under hilly and North Eastern fish farmer category.
NFDB – Four awards to Assam for success in fishery sector.
12. “Interior Chinatown” won National Book Award for fiction. Who is authored in this book?
A) Mee Choi
B) Charles Yu
C) Tamara Payne
D) Kacen Callender
Answer: B) Charles Yu
- Charles Yu’s “Interior Chinatown,” a satirical, cinematic novel written in the form of a screenplay, has won the National Book Award for fiction.
- Tamara Payne and her father the late Les Payne’s Malcolm X biography, “The Dead Are Arising,” was cited for nonfiction
- Kacen Callender’s “King and the Dragonflies” for young people’s literature.
- The poetry prize went to Don Mee Choi’s “DMZ Colony”
- The winner for best translated work was Yu Miri’s “Tokyo Ueno Station,” translated from Japanese by Morgan Giles.
“Interior Chinatown” – National Book Award for fiction authored by Charles Yu.
13. Indian Navy gets ninth Poseidon 8I maritime reconnaissance aircraft from which country?
Answer: A) USA
- The Indian Navy received the first of the four Poseidon 8I maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft from the US under a USD 1.1 billion deal.
- The aircraft, equipped with the latest sensors, landed at INS Hansa, a key naval base in Goa.
- India was Boeing’s first international customer for this aircraft. The first P-8I aircraft was inducted into the Indian Navy in 2013.
- In 2016, the defence ministry had placed a follow-on order for four additional P-8I under the USD 1.1 billion deal.
Capital : Washington D.C
Currency :US Dollar
Indian Navy – ninth Poseidon 8I maritime reconnaissance aircraft from the US.
14. Which country launched a heavy warship capable of carrying helicopters, drones and missile launchers amid ongoing tensions with the U.S?
- Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard said it launched a heavy warship capable of carrying helicopters, drones and missile launchers amid ongoing tensions with the U.S.
- Photographs of the ship, named after slain Guard naval commander Abdollah Roudaki, showed it carrying truck-launched surface-to-surface missiles and anti-aircraft missiles.
Capital : Tehran
Currency : Rial
Iran – A heavy warship capable of carrying helicopters, drones and missile launchers.
15. India set to attract Rs 10,000 cr for 1,000 LNG stations in how many years?
Answer: B) 3
Petroleum Minister lays foundation stone for the first 50 LNG fueling stations, says 1000 LNG stations will be set up in next three years.
India – attract Rs 10,000 cr for 1,000 LNG stations in three years.
16. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates the Bengaluru Tech Summit 2020. What is the theme of this summit?
A) Start from Now
B) Next is Now
C) Final is Now
D) Basic to Now
Answer: B) Next is Now
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Bengaluru Tech Summit 2020 via video conferencing.
- The Bengaluru Tech Summit, organised by the Government of Karnataka along with Karnataka Innovation and Technology Society (KITS), Karnataka government’s Vision Group on Information Technology, Biotechnology and StartUp, Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) and MM Activ Sci-Tech Communications
- The theme of the summit is “Next is Now”
- It is 23rd edition
- PM Narendra Modi – inaugurate Bengaluru Tech Summit 2020
17. Delhi government has announced to increase the fine from 500 rupees to which rupees for not wearing masks in the national capital?
A) ₹ 1000
B) ₹ 2000
C) ₹ 750
D) ₹ 1500
Answer: B) ₹ 2000
Capital: New Delhi
CM: Arvind Kejriwal
Governor: Anil Baijal
Delhi – increase fine to two thousand rupees for not wearing masks.
18. Madhya Pradesh conducts ‘Poshit Parivar-Suposhit Madhya Pradesh’ campaign in all districts under the nurtured families. Under this campaign how much amount given to each families?
A) Rs 200
B) Rs 400
C) Rs 300
D) Rs 500
Answer: B) Rs 400
Madhya Pradesh – ‘Poshit Parivar-Suposhit Madhya Pradesh’ campaign in all districts
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
19. Chhattisgarh launched scheme to distribute education incentives online to talented children of Tendupatta collectors. Under this scheme, How much amount is provided to the students who have passed class 10?
A) Rs 45,000
B) Rs 35,000
C) Rs 15,000
D) Rs 25,000
Answer: C) Rs 15,000
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel will distribute education incentives online to talented children of Tendupatta collectors in a virtual program.
- Under this scheme, Rs 15,000 is provided to the students who have passed class 10 and Rs 25,000 to students who have passed class 12, under Education Incentive Scheme.
- Chhattisgarh – distribute education incentives to children of tendupatta collectors.
20. NABARD unveiled the Potential Linked Credit Plan (PLP) for which Union Territory at ₹3,457.14 crore for 2021-22?
B) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: C) Puducherry
Chairman– G R Chintala
Headquarter– Mumbai, Maharashtra
CM : V Narayanasamy
Governor : Kiran Bedi
NABARD – the Potential Linked Credit Plan (PLP) for Puducherry at ₹3,457.14 crore for 2021-22.
21. Union IT and Communications Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad releases “My Stamp on Chhath Puja”. What is the special cover on the theme?
A) Chhath- A symbol of Simplicity and Dustiness
B) Chhath- A symbol of Simplicity and Sweetness
C) Chhath- A symbol of Simplicity and Cleanliness
D) Chhath- A symbol of Simplicity and Happiness
Answer: C) Chhath- A symbol of Simplicity and Cleanliness
- Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister of Communications, Electronics & Information Technology and Law and Justice released a “My Stamp on Chhath Puja”.
- My Stamp is an innovative concept initiated by Department of Posts.
- A special cover on the theme ‘Chhath- A symbol of Simplicity and Cleanliness ‘was also released.
Law and Justice, Communications and Electronics and Information Technology:
Minister : Ravi Shankar Prasad
Constituency :Patna Sahib, Bihar
Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad – release “My Stamp on Chhath Puja”.