Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 30 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Rajasthan Statehood day is observed on which date?
A) March 30
B) March 31
C) March 25
D) March 27
E) March 29
Answer: A) March 30
Rajasthan Statehood Day:
- Rajasthan Statehood Day or Rajasthan Diwas is observed on March 30th every year to commemorate the formation of the state.
- Rajasthan Diwas 2021 is being celebrated as the 72nd foundation day of the state.
History of Rajasthan Statehood Day:
- Rajasthan is known as the ‘Land of Kings’ or ‘Land of Kingdom’ as it is the largest state by area.
- Located in the northwest part of the country, it is home to a rich cultural diversity.
- The state was formed on March 30th, 1949 when Rajputana was merged into the Dominion of India.
- Jaipur being the largest city was declared as the capital of the state.
- The state mostly comprises lands of Rajputs including the erstwhile nineteen princely states, two chief ships, and the British district of Ajmer-Merwara.
- Rajasthan, which is the largest state of India in terms of the area, also shares borders with Pakistan’s Punjab province.
2. Didier Ratsiraka passed away. He was former president of which country?
Answer: E) Madagascar
- The former President Didier Ratsiraka who was President of Madagascar from 1975 to 1993 and from 1997 to 2002 passed away on March 28 in Antananarivo.
- He was 84 years old.
- He had visited India in 1980 on a bilateral state visit and in 1983 to participate in the NAM Summit.
- He was a friend of India and had contributed in advancing India-Madagascar ties.
President: Andry Rajoelina
Currency: Malagasy ariary
Didier Ratsiraka – Former President of Madagascar.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. Which Bank and Tide tie up for SME-focussed India platform?
A) Bandhan Bank
B) IndusInd Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) RBL Bank
Answer: E) RBL Bank
- Private sector lender RBL Bank said it will provide banking infrastructure for Tide’s India platform, which is focussed on small and medium enterprises.
- Under the tie-up, businesses — especially small- and medium-sized enterprises — have an option to open current and savings accounts at RBL Bank through Tide’s business platform.
- Depending on customer requirements, the bank can also integrate its payment APIs (application programming interfaces) to enable Tide users to make seamless transactions from Tide’s platform.
Hq: Mumbai, Mahrashtra
MD and CEO: Vishwavir Ahuja
RBL Bank + Tide – SME-focussed India platform.
4. Which organisation has approved a USD300 million loan to finance the construction of a 300-megawatt hydropower plant on the Kunhar river near Balakot City in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province?
B) World Bank
Answer: E) ADB
- The Asian Development Bank has approved a USD300 million loan to finance the construction of a 300-megawatt hydropower plant on the Kunhar river near Balakot City in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province that will increase the share of clean energy in Pakistan and improve the country’s energy security.
- The plant will add 1,143 gigawatt-hours of clean energy annually to the country’s energy mix, enhancing the energy sector’s reliability and sustainability.
- The plant, which will incorporate seismic strengthening and climate-proofing measures, will be commissioned by 2027.
Asian Development Bank:
Member Countries: 68
Founded Year: 1966
Headquarters: Manila, Philippines
Head: Masatsugu Asakawa
ADB – USD 300 million to Pakistan for hydropower plant.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
5. Tata Power receives orders to develop how much MW solar project in Gujarat?
Answer: B) 60
- Tata Power said it has bagged an order to develop 60 MW (mega watt) solar project for Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam.
- As per the company, the project has to be commissioned within 18 months from the date of execution of the PPA.
BHEL receives order worth Rs 400 crore from Indian Oil Corporation:
- State-run engineering firm BHEL has bagged an order worth Rs 400 crore for setting up a sulphur recovery unit at Indian Oil’s Paradip Refinery in Odisha.
- The project is scheduled for completion in 25 months.
Dilip Buildcon wins ₹1,137 cr contract from NHAI in Karnataka:
- Highway’s builder Dilip Buildcon Ltd (DBL) said it has won a ₹1,137 crore contract from NHAI in Karnataka.
- The contract from the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has been won under Bharatmala Pariyojana
- The project, it said, pertains to four-laning of the Sannur to Bikarnakette section of NH- 169 on Hybrid Annuity Mode (HAM).
- The completion period for the 45-km project is 24 months.
Tata Power Limited:
CEO: Praveer Sinha
Parent organization: Tata Group
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
CM: Vijay Rupani
Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat
Tata Power – Receive orders to develop 60 MW solar project in Gujarat.
6. Which Organisation released a report titled ‘Investment opportunities in India’s healthcare sector’?
E) NITI Aayog
Answer: E) NITI Aayog
- India’s healthcare industry is expected to reach $372 billion in 2022, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of around 22% over 2016, with covid-19 pandemic opening up opportunities for the sector, said a NITI Aayog report.
- The report titled ‘Investment opportunities in India’s healthcare sector’ has outlined the range of investment opportunities in various segments of India’s healthcare industry that comprises hospitals, medical devices and equipment, health insurance, clinical trials, telemedicine and medical tourism.
- The report said these market segments are expected to diversify as an ageing population with a growing middle class increasingly favours preventative healthcare.
- Moreover, rising proportion of lifestyle diseases caused by high cholesterol, high blood pressure, obesity, poor diet and alcohol consumption in urban areas is boosting demand for specialised care services, it said.
Abbreviation: National Institution for Transforming India Aayog
Hq: New Delhi, Delhi
CEO: Amitabh Kant
NITI Aayog – The report titled ‘Investment opportunities in India’s healthcare sector’.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
7. Wild and Wilfil: Tales of 15 Iconic Indian Species is authored by whom?
A) Shanthi Sinha
B) Suga Sinha
C) Neha Sinha
D) Suba Sinha
E) Sarath Sinha
Answer: C) Neha Sinha
Wild and Wilfil: Tales of 15 Iconic Indian Species – Authored by Neha Sinha – Published by HarperCollins India.
8. India will participate in France-led naval drill La Perouse for the first time in which place?
A) Arctic Ocean Region
B) Arabian Sea
C) Bay of Bengal
D) Andaman Sea
E) Indian Ocean Region
Answer: C) Bay of Bengal
- India will participate in France-led naval drill La Perouse for the first time in the Bay of Bengal April.
- Australia, Japan and the US will also participate in La Perouse, but India’s first-ever participation is seen as a significant step.
- The exercise is scheduled between April 5 and 7.
- After La Perouse, another important naval exercise, the India-French Varuna exercise, will also take place.
- This time, it will also include the United Arab Emirates.
- The strategic relationship between France and India, which has been on an upward trajectory ever since France was supportive of India’s nuclear tests in 1998 when most of the western world’s first reaction was to impose sanctions, has expanded considerably in the last two decades.
Indian Navy – Take part in French Naval Exercise in Bay of Bengal along with other QUAD member countries.
9. How many feet tall flag mast hoisting the National Flag was inaugurated by Sikkim Governor Ganga Prasad at the Mahatma Gandhi Marg?
Answer: D) 104
- A 104 feet tall flag mast hoisting the National Flag was inaugurated by Sikkim Governor Ganga Prasad at the Mahatma Gandhi Marg.
- The governor unveiled the plaque and hoisted the national flag in the presence of Chief Minister Prem Singh Tamang, other ministers and senior officials.
CM: Prem Singh Tamang
Governor: Ganga Prasad
Ganga Prasad – Inaugurate 104-feet tall flag mast.
10. Alstom wins how much amount contract to manufacture 234 metro cars for Mumbai Metro Lines 4, 4A?
Answer: E) €220-million
- French mobility company Alstom has been awarded a €220-million (₹1,854 crore) contract by the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) to design, manufacture, supply, test and commission 234 metro cars, including personnel training for Mumbai Metro Line 4 and the extension corridor (Wadala-Kasarvadavali-Gaimukh).
- The Line is a 35.3-kilometre-long elevated corridor with 32 stations.
- It will provide interconnectivity among the existing Eastern Express Roadway, Mono Rail, the ongoing Metro Line 2B (D N Nagar – Mandale), and the proposed Metro Line 5 (Thane – Kalyan), Metro Line 6 (Swami Samarth Nagar – Vikhroli).
- Mumbai Metro Line 4 & 4A is expected to reduce the current travel time by
50-75 per cent, depending on road conditions.
- Alstom has delivered metro trains for Delhi, Chennai, Lucknow, Kochi and is currently executing the Mumbai Metro Line 3 project.
CEO: Henri Poupart-Lafarge
Headquarters: Saint-Ouen, France
Alstom – €220-million contract to manufacture 234 metro cars for Mumbai Metro Lines 4, 4A.
11. Which Minister attends 6th Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of New Development Bank through video-conference?
A) Union Minister of Health
B) Union Minister of Education
C) Union Minister of Women and Child Development
D) Union Minister of Finance
E) Union Minister of External Affairs
Answer: D) Union Minister of Finance
- Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs and India’s Governor in New Development Bank (NDB), Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman attended the 6th Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of New Development Bank through video-conference in New Delhi.
- The meeting was also attended by Governors/Alternate Governors of Brazil, China, Russia and South Africa.
- Due to the current pandemic, this Annual Meeting of NDB was organized in virtual mode. This year’s Annual Meeting theme was “New Development Paradigms: The Evolution of Infrastructure” which is well aligned with its mandate.
- Highlighting the role of Development Financial Institutions (DFIs) in infrastructure financing, she mentioned that India is going to set up a new DFI with initial paid-up capital of around $3 billion with a lending target of $69 billion in next three years.
- She also suggested NDB to develop a synergistic relationship with these institutions that share its development priorities to achieve greater results.
- NDB, a multilateral development bank was set up by the BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) in 2014 with the objective of mobilizing resources for infrastructure and sustainable development projects in the BRICS as well as other EMDCs of the world.
- The Bank has been operationalised in 2015, with its Headquarters in Shanghai, China.
NDB has so far approved 18 projects of India for an amount of $6,924 million.
Finance and Corporate Affairs:
Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman
Constituency: Rajya Sabha MP, Karnataka
Nirmala Sitharaman – 6th Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of New Development Bank through video-conference.