Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 05 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. The United Nations has unanimously declared which year as the International Year of Millets?
Answer: C) 2023
- The United Nations has unanimously declared 2023 as the International Year of Millets.
- The 193-member UN General Assembly adopted a resolution sponsored by India and supported by over 70 nations declaring 2023 as the International Year of Millets.
- India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador T.S. Tirumurti said it is a big step to promote nutritional and ecological benefits of millets to the world as a key component of the food basket and effect policy changes.
- He expressed gratitude to all co-sponsors, especially Bangladesh, Kenya, Nepal, Nigeria, Russia and Senegal, and all Member States of the UN for their strong support.
- He also expressed delight that all Member States enjoyed the delicious millet ‘murukku’ distributed by Indian Mission.
- Millets can grow on poor soils and are resistant or tolerant to many crop diseases and pests.
- They can also survive adverse climatic conditions.
UN General Assembly – Adopt India’s resolution to declare 2023 as International Year of Millets
2. Which state is topped in the list of clean energy mission in the last three-and-a-half years?
B) Madhya Pradesh
C) West Bengal
Answer: A) Karnataka
|3rd Rank||Tamil Nadu|
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. PNB Housing Finance, which Bank sign strategic co-lending pact home loans?
A) YES Bank
B) RBL Bank
C) DBS Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: A) YES Bank
- PNB Housing Finance said it has tied up with Yes Bank for a strategic co-lending service that will facilitate retail home loans at competitive rates.
- PNB Housing and Yes Bank will synergise capabilities to provide an efficient and seamless experience to existing and new retail home loan customers.
- In 2020, the RBI allowed the co-origination of housing finance companies (HFCs) with banks to enable non-banking finance companies and other banking institutions to provide mutually beneficial risk assessment services.
- The revised co-lending model, introduced in November 2020, gives lenders greater flexibility vis-a-vis offering higher credit for the unserved and underserved segments of the population.
PNB Housing Finance:
Headquarters: New Delhi, elhi
MD: Hardayal Prasad
Hq: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD and CEO : Prashant Kumar
Tagline: Experience our Expertise
PNB Housing Finance + Yes Bank – Sign strategic co-lending pact home loans.
4. Which company, SBI Payments join hands to launch “RuPay SoftPoS” for merchants?
Answer: E) NPCI
- Merchants will now be able to use their near-field communication (NFC)-enabled smartphones as point of sale (PoS) terminals to accept payment up to Rs 5,000 through a simple tap and pay mechanism.
- National Payments Corporation of India, the umbrella entity for digital payments in India, and SBI Payments have partnered to launch “RuPay SoftPoS”, which is expected to provide seamless, cost-effective acceptance infrastructure to retailers at a nominal cost, and help deepen the digital payment acceptance among millions of underserved Indian MSMEs.
NPCI + SBI Payments – Launch “RuPay SoftPoS” for merchants.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
5. Which organisation has revealed that more than 930 million tonnes of food is thrown away in waste bins every year?
Answer: B) UNEP
- A new UN global report has revealed that more than 930 million tonnes of food is thrown away in waste bins every year.
- The UN Environment Programme, UNEP and partner organization WRAP, the Food Waste Index Report 2021 yesterday revealed that 17 per cent of the food available to consumers in shops, households and restaurants is just dumped.
- Some food is also lost on farms and in supply chains, indicating that overall a third of food is never eaten.
UN global report – More than 930 mn tonnes of food thrown away in waste bins every year.
6. Which company rolls out second edition of a mentoring program for deep tech start-ups?
Answer: E) NASSCOM
- To boost India’s tech start-up ecosystem, the National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) has launched the second edition for its DeepTech Mentoring program.
- The DTC program’s central focus is to act as a catalyst in empowering pioneers in India-based deep technology start-ups and connect them with industry leaders, investors, academia, researchers, and government regulators to establish a global deep tech ecosystem impacting physical and digital transformation.
- To achieve this, in its first stage NASSCOM DTC has formed exclusive partnerships on the global front with Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute (ATR), Japan and Dallas VC, USA.
- On the domestic front, NASSCOM has partnered with industry and academia leaders, including Intel, Cisco Launchpad, NetApp, IIT-Kanpur, Sine (IIT-B), T-Hub and ZINNOV.
- The program aims to drastically increase the number of partnerships in stage 2, accelerating the growth of the Indian DeepTech ecosystem.
Abbreviation: The National Association of Software and Service Companies
Chairperson: U. B. Pravin Rao
Founded: 1 March 1988
Headquarters location: New Delhi
Nasscom – Second edition of a mentoring program for deep tech start-ups.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
7. “Amethi Sangram: Aitihasik Jeet Ankahi Dastan” is authored by whom?
A) Kannan Vijay
B) Anant Vijay
C) Siva Vijay
D) Aravind Vijay
E) Arun Vijay
Answer: B) Anant Vijay
- The English translation of journalist-author Anant Vijay’s book “Amethi Sangram: Aitihasik Jeet Ankahi Dastan” will be released on March 15, announced publishing house Westland.
- The book, titled “Dynasty to Democracy: The Untold Story of Smriti Irani’s Triumph”, traces Union Minister Irani’s journey from her defeat in 2014 to her victory in the Congress stronghold of Amethi, Uttar Pradesh during the 2019 Lok Sabha election.
- The Hindi book was published in December, 2020.
Billie Jean King memoir ‘All In’ to be published in August:
- Billie Jean King has a memoir coming this summer, and she calls it a journey to her “authentic self.”
- Alfred A. Knopf announced Thursday that “All In: An Autobiography” will be published Aug. 17.
- It will cover the highlights of her celebrated and groundbreaking tennis career, including her 39 Grand Slam titles and her defeat of Bobby Riggs in the famous “Battle of the Sexes” match in 1973.
“Amethi Sangram: Aitihasik Jeet Ankahi Dastan” – Author Anant Vijay – Publishing house Westland.
8. Who is appointed as Brand Ambassador of Candid Powder, product of Glenmark Pharma?
A) R Ashwin
B) Suresh Raina
C) Virat Kholi
D) M S Dhoni
E) Rohit Sharma
Answer: E) Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma – Brand Ambassador of Candid Powder, product of Glenmark Pharma.
9. A high-level National Committee headed by Prime Minister constituted to commemorate how many years of India’s Independence?
A high-level National Committee – Head by Prime Minister constituted to commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence
10. Which country was the top source of foreign direct investment (FDI) into India in the first nine months of FY21 at $15.7 billion?
Answer: A) Singapore
- Singapore was the top source of foreign direct investment (FDI) into India in the first nine months of FY21 at $15.7 billion, followed by the US at $12.82 billion with Mauritius at the third position at $3.47 billion.
- The government on Thursday said that FDI equity inflows rose 40% year-on-year in the April-December of FY21 at $51.47 billion compared to $36.77 billion in the year ago period.
- Officials said Gujarat garnered the highest share of FDI in the period at $21.23 billion followed by Maharashtra at $13.63 billion.
- In the October 2019-December 2020 period, FDI in Gujarat was $23.8 billion and in Maharashtra, $29.89 billion.
- FDI equity inflows were $21.46 billion in the quarter ended December 31, 2020 with October receiving the lowest inflows at $5.33 billion in the quarter. FDI in November and December 2020 was $8.51 billion and $7.62 billion, respectively.
- Computer software and hardware was the biggest gainer and garnered FDI worth $24.38 billion in the April-December period of FY21.
- Construction witnessed the second largest FDI inflows at $7.14 billion. Services sector that includes banking, financial and insurance, drew $3.85 billion of FDI during the period.
Singapore – Top source of FDI in Apr-Dec into India.
11. Which country has launched its national app portal bdapps.com?
Answer: B) Bangladesh
- The Government of Bangladesh has launched its national app portal bdapps.com.
- The agreement between the ICT division of the government of Bangladesh and the telecom company Robi was signed in Dhaka.
- Through this agreement, BDApps will be established as the hub of the ICT division for application developers.
- Under the agreement, the ICT division will collaborate with bdapps to organise exclusive boot camps and software development events in the country.
- BDApps is the largest mobile application platform in Bangladesh hosting more than 23,000 apps developed by 12,000 developers.
Currency: Bangladeshi Taka
President: Mohammad Abdul Hamid
Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
Bangladesh – National app portal bdapps.com.
12. The Defence Research and Development Organisation successfully conducted a flight test of Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) technology in which state?
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Odisha
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation successfully conducted a flight test of Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) technology in Odisha.
- The successful demonstration of the SFDR technology will enable DRDO to develop long-range air to air missiles.
- During the test, all subsystems including the ground booster motor have performed as expected.
Abbreviation: Defence Research and Development Organisation
Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
Chairman: G. Satheesh Reddy
DRDO – Conduct successful flight test of SFDR technology.
13. Which armed forces inaugurates Community Radio Station ‘Radio Chinar 90.4, Har Dil Ki Dhadkan’ in Sopore?
B) Indian Coast Guard
C) Indian Air Force
D) Indian Navy
E) Indian Army
Answer: E) Indian Army
- The first of its kind in North Kashmir, Community Radio Station with the tagline “Radio Chinar 90.4, Har Dil Ki Dhadkan” was inaugurated by the Indian Army for the Awam in Mazbugh, Sopore.
- The Radio Station was inaugurated by Lt Gen BS Raju, General Officer Commanding Chinar Corps in presence of Maj Gen HS Sahi, General Officer Commanding Kilo Force and various Army and civil dignitaries.
- The reach of the Community Radio Station will be Sopore, Bandipora and Baramulla Districts.
- This Community Radio Station has been started with an aim to revitalize the connection within different segments of the community.
- This will provide a good platform for a community dialogue, sharing of information, art & culture.
- It will build a community environment, which is better connected with issues which are local and important to the community.
- This Community Radio Station will be highlighting & showcasing the hidden talent of North Kashmir, especially local entrepreneurs, musicians, sportsmen and artists to the Awam of Kashmir and the rest of the world.
- The Community Radio Station is being run by local Radio Jockeys from North Kashmir who have themselves come forward to contribute to this noble cause.
- It also provides a platform for people of all age groups to share their experiences & also to spread awareness about drug abuse and other social causes.
- The Community Radio Station will also be available on social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube and Internet Radio so as to provide uninterrupted service to a wider audience.
- During the inauguration ceremony, Lt Gen BS Raju, General Officer Commanding Chinar Corps, the Chief Guest dedicated the Community Radio Station, Sopore to the peace and development of Kashmir.
Indian Army – Community Radio Station ‘Radio Chinar 90.4, Har Dil Ki Dhadkan’ in Sopore
14. Which state govt launches online registration portal for migrant workers?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Meghalaya
- In Meghalaya, the State Government launched the online registration portal for migrant workers under the Meghalaya Identification Registration (Safety and Security) of Migrant Workers Act 2020, in a function organized by the Labour Department in Shillong.
- Launching the portal, Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong said, the online portal will improve the ease of doing business.
- He urged all stakeholders to utilize the portal so that a record of genuine migrant labourers or workers is maintained in the State.
- The portal enables the migrant workers and persons or contractors employing migrant labourers or workers to register them, failing which they will be liable to a fine of up to 5000 rupees.
- Registration through the portal can be made from any part of the country, or through the common service centres or a help desk at the registration office with a payment of 50 rupees.
CM : Conrad Sangma
Governor : Satya Pal Malik
Meghalaya – Online registration portal for migrant workers.
15. Which state launched an official “Factcheck” portal aimed at curbing misinformation by vested interests against the state government?
A) Andhra Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched an official “Factcheck” portal aimed at curbing misinformation by vested interests against the state government
Launching the website: http://factcheck.ap.gov.in at his camp office, the chief minister said the objective of this initiative is to stop the spread of malicious propaganda on social media.
- He also launched an exclusive Twitter handle for the same.
- The launch of the new portal follows the latest campaign on social media against the government accusing it of promoting Christianity thereby hurting the sentiments of the Hindus.
Capital: Visakhapatnam (Executive), Amaravati (Legislative), Kurnool (Judicial)
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
Jagan Reddy – Fact Check website to counter fake news against govt.
16. Which edition of the annual New Delhi World Book Fair, organized by the National Book Trust (NBT), India will be held virtually?
Answer: C) 29
- The 29th edition of the annual New Delhi World Book Fair, organized by the National Book Trust (NBT), India will be held virtually from March 6 to 12.
- The event will be inaugurated by Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, the Union Education Minister, at a virtual ceremony on March 5.
- The e-press conference for the book fair was held at the NBT Headquarters on March 4, 2021.
- While addressing a conference, Professor Govind Prasad Sharma announced that it is the first virtual edition of the New Delhi World Book Fair which is being organised as such due to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions in the place but assured that will be a memorable experience for the visitors.
- This year, the theme of the book fair is ‘National Education Policy (NEP) 2020’.
- The policy is a vision document that aims to universalise the Indian Education system from pre-primary levels to higher education.
- The policy endeavours to enhance the quality of education equally for all and move in the direction of strengthening India as a global superpower, read the statement.
- The book fair will also provide a platform for B2B activities for publishers from India and abroad.
- A publisher’s forum organised by NBT and FICCI, CEO Speak will focus on challenges and opportunities for publishers in the light of the NEP 2020.
Minister: Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
Constituency: Hardwar, Uttarakhand
Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank – Inaugurate 29th edition of New Delhi World Book Fair.
17. Who addresses the summit on ‘Agriculture and Food Processing Opportunities in Madhya Pradesh’?
A) Piyush Goyal
B) Narendra Modi
C) Narendra Singh Tomar
D) Ramnath Kovind
E) Nirmala Sitharaman
Answer: C) Narendra Singh Tomar
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Food Processing Industries, Rural Development and Panchayat Raj, today addressed the summit on ‘Agriculture and Food Processing Opportunities in Madhya Pradesh’ organized by the Ministry of Food Processing, in partnership with ASSOCHAM and Invest India through video conference.
- Addressing the summit, Union minister , Sh. Tomar encouraged entrepreneurs to set up food processing units in the country, and assured them that the government will provide all possible help.
- He added that the government is granting speedy approvals to the food processing projects.
- The union minister also stressed on the need to bring private investment and latest technology in the field of farming.
- The event saw participation from major Food Processing companies such as Dabur, Hyfun, Patanjali, UPL and supply chain companies such as Flipkart.
- The summit included Business to Government (B 2 G) and business to business (B 2B) meetings.
- The details of the PMFME scheme were also presented for the benefit of registered entrepreneurs, FPOS and self help groups.
- The summit was also attended by officials of the state government and members of ASSOCHAM.
Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Food Processing Industries:
Minister: Narendra Singh Tomar
Constituency: Morena, Madhya Pradesh
Narendra Singh Tomar – The summit on ‘Agriculture and Food Processing Opportunities in Madhya Pradesh’.