Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 04 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. ‘Chabahar Day’ is observed on which date?
A) March 3
B) March 4
C) March 5
D) March 6
E) March 2
Answer: B) March 4
- India will commemorate ‘Chabahar Day’ on March 4 on the sidelines of the Maritime India Summit 2021 being held in Delhi.
- The virtual event will see the participation of ministers from Afghanistan, Armenia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Russia and the Uzbekistan.
- India will commemorate ‘Chabahar Day’ on March 04, 2021 on the margins of the Maritime India Summit-2021 which is being held from March 2-4, 2021.
- The ministerial-level opening session will be followed by two webinar sessions ‘Development of Port Infrastructure: Unleashing Opportunities’ and ‘Boosting Business through Trade Promotion and Regional Connectivity’ The location of the Chabahar port has strategic advantage and high potential to provide connectivity among India, Iran, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan and other Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries, and boost trade.
National Safety Day:
- March 4 is observed every year as National Safety Day in India with the purpose of creating awareness among people with respect to safety measures.
- The day seeks to increase awareness about all guidelines, which includes road safety, workplace safety, the safety of human health as well as the environment.
- This year, the focus of National Safety Day is on road safety and the theme is ‘Sadak Suraksha’ (road safety).
- The celebrations this year have also been spread over a week and National Safety Week will be observed from March 4 to March 10, in order to highlight the importance of safety on the roads.
History of National Safety Day:
- The Union ministry of labour and employment organised a conference on industrial safety for the first time from December 11 to 13, 1965.
- During the conference, a need was felt for safety councils on national and state levels and a proposal for a National Safety Council was then accepted in the 24th session of the standing labour committee.
- The campaign for the National Safety Day was born half a decade later, on March 4, 1972, to mark the National Safety Council’s day of formation.
- The National Safety Council is a non-profit, self-financing and tripartite apex body set up to generate, develop and sustain a voluntary movement on safety, health and environment at the national level.
2. Kieron Pollard is related to which sports?
Answer: E) Cricket
- West Indies limited-overs format skipper Kieron Pollard became the third batsman in the history of international cricket to hit six 6s in an over.
- He achieved the feat in the first T20I of the three-match series against Sri Lanka here at the Coolidge Cricket Ground in Antigua.
- With these six 6s, Pollard has joined the likes of Herschelle Gibbs and Yuvraj Singh in the elusive list.
- Pollard is now the second batsman after Yuvraj to achieve this feat in the shortest format.
- Yuvraj had hit 6 sixes in an over during the 2007 World Cup against England.
- While Gibbs achieved the feat against the Netherlands during the 50-over World Cup in 2007.
Pollard – Third batsman to hit six 6s in an over in int’l cricket.
3. Which city has emerged as top city on government’s Ease of Living Index 2020 in the Million+ category?
D) New Delhi
Answer: E) Bangalore
The Million+ category
- Bengaluru emerged as top city on government’s Ease of Living Index 2020 that was released by Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri.
- Pune was second and Ahmedabad was ranked third among 111 cities.
- Puri announced the release of the final rankings of Ease of Living Index (EoLI) 2020 and the Municipal Performance Index (MPI) 2020 in an online event.
- Bengaluru emerged as the top performer in the Million+ category, followed by Pune, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Surat, Navi Mumbai, Coimbatore, Vadodara, Indore, and Greater Mumbai.
- In the Less than Million category, Shimla was ranked the highest in ease of living, followed by Bhubaneshwar, Silvassa, Kakinada, Salem, Vellore, Gandhinagar, Gurugram, Davangere, and Tiruchirappalli.
- Similar to the EoLI index, the assessment framework under MPI 2020 has classified municipalities based on their population- Million+ (municipalities having over a million population) and Less than Million Population.
- The Ease of Living Index (EoLI) is an assessment tool that evaluates the quality of life and the impact of various initiatives for urban development.
- It provides a comprehensive understanding of participating cities across India based on quality of life, economic-ability of a city, and its sustainability and resilience.
- The assessment also incorporates the residents’ view on the services provided by city administration through a Citizen Perception Survey.
4. Which institution is topped in the list of the QS Subject Ranking in Mineral and Mining Engineering sector?
A) IIT Kanpur
B) IIT Mandi
C) IIT Madras
D) IIT Bombay
E) IIT Kharagpur
Answer: D) IIT Bombay
|1st||Colorado School of Mines Golden||United States||95.5|
|2nd||Curtin University Perth||Australia||87.3|
|3rd||The University of Queensland Brisbane||Australia||81.8|
|41st||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB)||Mumbai, India||64.6|
|44th||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT-KGP)||Kharagpur, India||64|
5. Which Municipal Council was ranked number one in the Centre’s ‘Municipal Performance Index’ in the ‘less than a million population’ category?
A) New Delhi
Answer: A) New Delhi
- The index released by Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri
the ‘less than a million population’ category.
The million-plus category:
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. Which Bank has signed a MoU with the Indian Army for salary account?
A) IndusInd Bank
B) Kotak Mahindra Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) Federal Bank
Answer: B) Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Army for salary account.
- The MoU enables Kotak to offer its salary account proposition, combined with exclusive benefits for the Indian Army, to all army personnel – both active and retired.
Kotak Mahindra Bank:
MD and CEO: Udaykotak
Tagline: Let’s make money simple, Ab Kona KonaKotak
Kotak Mahindra Bank + Indian Army – Salary account.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
7. ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India inked an agreement with which state government for setting up a 12 mtpa integrated steel plant in Kendrapada district with an investment of Rs 50,000 crore?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Odisha
- Steelmaker ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India (AM/NS India) inked an agreement with the Odisha government for setting up a 12 mtpa integrated steel plant in Kendrapada district with an investment of Rs 50,000 crore.
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and steel tycoon Lakshmi N Mittal were present during the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) at Lokaseva Bhavan.
Reliance Power, JERA to launch gas-fired project in Bangladesh:
- Reliance Power Limited (“Reliance Power”) and JERA Co. Inc. (“JERA”), through their joint venture project company, are developing a new gas-fired power generation project in Bangladesh.
- The project company has achieved financial closure for the project with a group of lenders that includes Japan Bank for International Cooperation (“JBIC”) & Asian Development Bank (“ADB”) and all requisite conditions for availing drawdown under the loan agreements have been satisfied.
- The Project is to build, own, and operate a 745 MW (net output: 718 MW) natural gas combined-cycle power project in Meghnaghat, Narayanganj, located approximately 40 km southeast of Dhaka (the “Project” / “Phase 1”).
- Reliance Power’s wholly owned subsidiary Samalkot Power Limited (“Samalkot Power”) has received the approval from the Export Import Bank of the United States (“US Exim Bank”) to sell one module of equipment (Module 1) to Samsung C&T Corporation (“Samsung C&T”) of South Korea, who is the EPC contractor for the Project, for Rs. 1540 Crore.
- Reliance Power Limited, a part of the Reliance Group, is India’s leading private sector power generation and coal resources company.
- The company has one of the largest portfolios of power projects in the private sector in India, based on coal, gas and renewable energy, with an operating portfolio of 5,945 megawatts.
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
ArcelorMittal + Odisha – Set up Rs 50,000 cr steel plant.
8. Which organisation, Capgemini and UNGCNI entered into a collaboration to work together to skill India’s young people?
Answer: D) UNICEF
- YuWaah, UNICEF, Capgemini, and United Nations Global Compact Network India (UNGCNI) entered into a collaboration to work together to skill India’s young people.
- This initiative will offer a range of opportunities, including local demand-based skilling with job matching through quality internships and apprenticeships and promote entrepreneurship.
- YuWaah (Generation Unlimited/GenU) is a UNICEF-initiated multi-stakeholder global platform, that aims to prepare young people to transition from education and learning to productive work and active citizenship.
YuWaah,UNICEF + Capgemini + UNGCNI – Provide opportunities for young people.
9. Rajesh Vaishnaw appointed India’s next Ambassador to which Country?
E) The Philippines
Answer: C) Morocco
- Vaishnaw, a 1996-batch Indian Foreign Service officer, is currently the High Commissioner of India to Malta.
Currency: Moroccan dirham
Rajesh Vaishnaw – India’s next Ambassador to Morocco.
10. Who has appointed Chairman of Honeywell Automation India?
A) Ravi Natarajan
B) Subash Natarajan
C) Sivam Natarajan
D) Ganesh Natarajan
E) Vikram Natarajan
Answer: D) Ganesh Natarajan
- Honeywell Automation India Limited has appointed Ganesh Natarajan as Independent Director (Non-Executive) and Chairman of its Board of Directors.
- Natarajan succeeds Suresh Senapaty, who completes his five-year tenure as Independent Director and Chairman of HAIL.
Ganesh Natarajan – Chairman of Honeywell Automation India –
Succeeds Suresh Senapaty.
11. Mohankrishna Bohara is related to which field?
Answer: E) Writer
- The 30th Bihari Puraskar for 2020 will be given to Mohankrishna Bohara for his Hindi book of Criticism, titled Taslima: Sangharsh aur Sahitya.
- The K.K. Birla Foundation announced this in New Delhi today. The book was published in 2016.
- Bihari Puraskar carries an award money of two lakh 50 thousand rupees, a Citation and a Plaque.
- The award is one of the three literary awards instituted by the K.K. Birla Foundation in 1991.
- Named after famous Hindi poet Bihari, the award is given every year for an outstanding work in Hindi or Rajasthani published in the last 10 years by a Rajasthani writer.
Mohankrishna Bohara – Bihari Puraskar 2020.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
12. Which space agency successfully tests Starship SN10 rocket after 2 failed attempts?
Answer: D) SpaceX
- SpaceX successfully tested its Starship SN10 prototype rocket after two recent failed attempts.
- The rocket prototype was launched on Wednesday to an altitude of 10,000 kilometers and then landed back on the ground.
- However, the rocket exploded about six minutes after landing.
- The test launch is deemed successful because the goal was to gather information on how the flaps work to control the rocket when it is horizontal as it is falling back to earth.
Headquarters: Hawthorne, California, United States of America
Founded: 6 May 2002
CEO: Elon Musk
SpaceX – Successfully test Starship SN10 rocket after 2 failed attempts.
13. India signed a key pact with which country for the sale of “defence material and equipment” which are likely to include BrahMos cruise missiles?
E) The Philippines
Answer: E) The Philippines
- India signed a key pact with the Philippines for the sale of “defence material and equipment”, which are likely to include BrahMos cruise missiles.
- Philippine Defence Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, who was also present at the pact’s signing ceremony in Manila, has reportedly said that his country is buying BrahMos missiles.
- India and Russia have been planning to export the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile to the Philippines and several other countries, Russian Deputy Chief of Mission in India Roman Babushkin had said on November 12 in an online briefing.
- The BrahMos missile is produced by an Indo-Russian joint venture and it can be launched from submarines, ships, aircraft or from land platforms.
- On October 18 last year, a naval version of the BrahMos missile was successfully test-fired from an indigenously-built stealth destroyer of the Indian Navy in the Arabian sea.
- Days later, the Indian Air Force test-fired an air-launched version of the BrahMos missile from a Sukhoi fighter aircraft in the Bay of Bengal.
- India has already deployed a sizeable number of the original BrahMos missiles and other key assets in several strategic locations along the LAC with China in Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh.
- The IAF is also integrating the Brahmos supersonic cruise missile on over 40 Sukhoi fighter jets to bolster the overall combat capability of the force.
Currency: Philippine peso
India + Philippines – Sale of ‘defence equipment’.
14. Hailakandi district administration develops app named ‘Prashikshan’ for convenience of polling personnel. This district is situated in which state?
C) Arunachal Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: E) Assam
- A new App ‘Prashikshan’ has been developed by Assam’s Hailakandi district administration and National Informatics Centre (NIC) for convenience of polling personnel.
- Monsoor Akhtar, who developed the App, said it contains EVM training, poll training, Election Handbooks, constituency details and take your test for Returning Officers, Sector Officers and Presiding Officers.
CM: Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
Assam’s Hailakandi district administration – App for convenience of polling personnel.
15. A three-day Combined Commanders’ Conference begins in which state?
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Gujarat
- A three-day Combined Commanders’ Conference will begin at Kevadia in Gujarat.
Theaterisation of armed forces, self-reliance in defence sector and evolving threats in the region will be the focus areas during the three-day annual event.
- During the conference, the setting up a new air defence command and maritime command is likely to be discussed at length.
- Implementation of the air defence command timeline is also likely to come up for discussion.
- The formation of theatre commands will synergise the capabilities and combat potential of the three forces during war and peace.
- Air defence command and maritime command are part of the restricting plan of the Indian armed forces as was announced by Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat last year.
- The newly created Department of Military Affairs is working towards the creation of joint military commands along with theatre command for the last one year.
CM: Vijay Rupani
Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat
Kevadiya in Gujarat – Combined Commanders’ Conference.
16. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Railway Station is situated in which state?
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Maharashtra
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Railway Station of Central Railway is the first railway station in Maharashtra to be awarded with Gold certification as per CII’s Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) ratings.
- Central Railway has implemented various green initiatives across its zone, with plantation creating green areas, installation of solar panels, customer-friendly initiatives at many stations, LED bulbs and lights etc.
- Amidst that, the Mumbai Division of Central Railway has put in concerted efforts in implementing many Green & passenger-friendly initiatives across its stations, especially at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus.
- The rating system gives impetus to the national priorities like energy efficiency, water conservation, handling of waste measures and motivates the adoption of green standards for buildings and its environment.
CM: Udhav Thackarey
Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Mumbai’s CSMT – First railway station to get IGBC Gold Certification.