Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 06 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Which country defeated England by an innings and 25 runs in the fourth and final test played at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad?
A) New Zealand
B) West Indies
Answer: D) India
- In Cricket, India defeated England by an innings and 25 runs in the fourth and final test played at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
- With this win, India clinched the four-match series 3-1 and sealed a place in the final of the inaugural edition of the World Test Championship.
- Rishabh Pant with his formidable innings of 101 runs and Washington Sundar who scored unbeaten 96 runs set up the huge win for the hosts after they bowled the visitors for 205 in their first innings.
- Ravichandran Ashwin and Axar Patel picked up five-wicket hauls in the second innings to help India bundle England out for 135.
- Dan Lawrence put up a half-century for the visitors.
- Earlier, India started day three at 294 for seven and Axar Patel along with Sundar continued to score freely in the first hour.
- The duo put on 106 runs for the eighth wicket before a mix-up in the middle ended Axar’s stay.
- He was run out on 43.
- India made 365 runs in their first innings.
- While Rishabh Pant was declared Player of the Match, Player of the series award went to Ravichandran Ashwin.
|England||205 & 135|
- Both teams will now shift their focus to the shortest format of the game as they will play five Twenty20 Internationals at the same venue, starting from 12th of this month.
- With a comprehensive 3-1 Test series win over England, Team India has reclaimed the top spot in the latest ICC Test Team Rankings.
- Virat Kohli and Company jumped to the first position with 122 rating, while New Zealand are at second with 118.
India – Beat England by an inning and 25 runs; clinch series 3-1.
2. MG George Muthoot passed away. He served as Chairman of which company?
A) Mamta Finance
B) Tech Finance
C) Bajaj Finance
D) Mahindra Finance
E) Muthoot Finance
Answer: E) Muthoot Finance
- MG George Muthoot, the chairman of Muthoot Finance which is the largest gold loan NBFC in the country, passed away.
- Mathai George George Muthoot was born in November 1949 in Kozhencherry in the present day Pathanamthitta district of Kerala as the son of M George Muthoot, who began the finance business and as the grandson of Muthoot Ninan Mathai, the group founder.
- The Muthoot Group’s flagship Muthoot Finance had a loan book of close to Rs 56,000 crore in the December 2020 quarter.
- He was also a lay trustee of the powerful Orthodox Church in the state and was also a member of the national executive committee of Ficci and headed the Ficci Kerala council.
- Forbes Asia listed him as the 44th richest Indian in 2020 with close to USD5 billion assets and the richest Keralite.
M G George Muthoot – Chairman and whole time director of the Muthoot Group.
3. India has extended a grant of how much amount to Nepal to build a new school building in Rupandehi district of the country under the Nepal-Bharat Maitri Development Partnership?
A) 24.17 million Nepali Rupees
B) 34.17 million Nepali Rupees
C) 14.17 million Nepali Rupees
D) 64.17 million Nepali Rupees
E) 44.17 million Nepali Rupees
Answer: E) 44.17 million Nepali Rupees
- India has extended a grant of 44.17 million Nepali Rupees to Nepal to build a new school building in Rupandehi district of the country under the Nepal-Bharat Maitri Development Partnership.
- An Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed yesterday between the two countries for the construction project.
- Indian Embassy said that since 2003, under High Impact Community Development Projects programme, India has completed 446 projects in the areas of health, education, drinking water, connectivity, sanitation and creation of other public utilities across all seven provinces of Nepal.
- The Embassy also informed that India is also reconstructing 71 educational institutions damaged during the 2015 earthquake in eight districts of Nepal under a reconstruction grant of 5,800 million Nepali Rupees.
- The embassy also said that as close neighbours, India and Nepal share unique ties of friendship and cooperation. Signing of the MoU reflects continued commitment of Government of India in complementing the efforts of Government of Nepal in creating infrastructure in priority sectors.
President: Bidya Devi Bhandari
Prime Minister: K. P. Sharma Oli
India – Grant NRs 44.17M to build new school building under Nepal-Bharat Maitri Development Partnership.
4. Which state approves state’s first Health Policy named MOTHER policy?
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Meghalaya
- In a significant decision, the State Cabinet approved its first State Health Policy named MOTHER policy (Measurable Outcomes Transforming Health sector through a holistic approach with a focus on women’s Empowerment).
- Health being a state subject, the State did not have a health policy of its own but with the approval of this policy, the State will now have its own health policy in place.
- Meghalaya is the first State to have materialised a State Health Policy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
CM: Conrad Sangma
Governor: Satya Pal Malik
Meghalaya Cabinet – Approve state health policy.
5. The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed how many feet bailey bridge on Joshimat-Malari road across the Rishiganga river?
Answer: D) 200
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed a 200-feet bailey bridge on Joshimat-Malari road across the Rishiganga river, restoring connectivity to the 13 border villages in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district affected by last month’s flash floods.
- The bridge is near Reini village of the district and it was opened for public.
- On February 7, the glacial lake outburst flood (GLOF) in the Rishiganga river had washed away a 90-metre Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) bridge near Reini village on Joshimat-Malari road.
Capital: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
CM: Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
BRO – Constructs 200-ft bailey bridge, restores connectivity to 13 border villages in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli.
6. Which organization introduces AI-based face recognition system for attendance monitoring?
Answer: B) NHAI
- Line with its commitment to adopt technology to enhance transparency and accountability, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has deployed artificial intelligence (AI)-based face recognition system for field staff’s attendance monitoring.
- The technology also comes with a real-time location capturing feature to track the personnel’s presence at the project site.
- Applicable to all key personnel/engineers deployed by authority engineers / independent engineers and consultants, the technology will help NHAI officers in easily view the staff’s presence at the project site and their attendance.
Headquarters: New Delhi
Chairman: Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
NHAI – AI-based face recognition system for attendance monitoring
7. Who addresses the inaugural session of Techbharat 2021 – the e-conclave bringing together stakeholders from HealthTech & Edutech sectors?
A) Amit Shah
B) Nirmala Sitharaman
C) Ramnath Kovind
D) Narendra Modi
E) Harsh Vardhan
Answer: E) Harsh Vardhan
- Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan addressed the inaugural session of TechBharat 2021.
- Laghu Udyog Bharati and IMS Foundation have organized the 2nd edition of the conclave bringing together stakeholders from the HealthTech & Edutech sector on a virtual platform.
- Techbharat is facilitating interactions & deliberations between thousands of domestic & global participants, including policy makers, government representatives, industry members, investors & start-ups to nurture resourceful partnerships and boost growth in the sectors.
- Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Government of Karnataka, Dr K Sudhakar, Member of Parliament, Shri Tejasvi Surya, President, Laghu Udyog Bharati, Shri P S Srikanta Dutta & Chairman, IMS Foundation, Shri H V S Krishna were also present for the inaugural session.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurates new research building ‘Desikan Bhawan’ at ICMR- NJIL & OMD, Agra:
- Honorable Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the new research building ‘Desikan Bhawan’ equipped with new COVID-19 diagnostic facility at ICMR-NJIL&OMD, Agra in the presence of Director General ICMR & Secretary, Department of Health Research, Prof. Balram Bhargava.
- The building is dedicated for research facilities like animal experimentation, COVID-19 diagnosis, whole genome sequencing of different Mycohacteriu: species and phytochemical extraction from medicinal plants for anti-TB drug development.
- The capacity of COVID-19 Diagnostic Laboratory is around 1200 samples per day.
- This COVID diagnostic lab is loaded with Biosafety level II (BSL I) cabinets, automated RNA extractors, and Real Time PCR machines with which the diagnostic results can be reported within a day.
About the Institute:
- ICMR- National JALMA Institute for Leprosy and Other Mycobacterial Diseases, Agra was established in 1967 by the Japan Leprosy Mission for Asia (JALMA) and was handed over to the Indian Council of Medical Research in 1976. ICMR-NJIL&OMD carries out basic and applied research on leprosy, TB and other myeobacterial diseases in the following thrust areas: (i) Early diagnosis and treatment, transmission dynamics (ü) prevention of deformities in leprosy (ii) field studies (iv) operational research (v) laboratory research on mycobacterial diseases and MIP vaccine to leprosy.
Health and Family Welfare, Science and Technology; and Earth Sciences:
Minister: Dr Harsh Vardhan
Constituency: Chandni Chowk, Delhi
Dr Harsh Vardhan – Address the inaugural session of Techbharat 2021.
8. India’s first ‘Transgender Community Desk’ opens in Gachibowli in which state?
A) Tamil Nadu
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: E) Telangana
- In what is claimed to be the first-of-its-kind gender inclusive community policing initiative in the country, Cyberabad police inaugurated a ‘Transgender Community Desk’ at Gachibowli police station.
CM: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
Gachibowli – India’s first ‘Transgender Community Desk’.