Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 03 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Birth Defects Day is observed on which date?
A) March 3
B) March 2
C) March 5
D) March 6
E) March 1
Answer: A) March 3
World Birth Defects Day:
- World Birth Defects Day, started in 2015 by the World Health Organization, is celebrated every year on March 3 to raise awareness on congenital disorders.
- It has now become a movement.
- The aim is to prevent, increase the care and awareness about these preventable defects and associated disabilities.
World Wildlife Day:
- March 3 is celebrated as the World Wildlife Day commemorating the day of the signing of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) in 1973.
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) celebrated the day every year to raise awareness about global wildlife and plants.
- The theme of World Wildlife Day 2021 — Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet — is set in alignment with the UN Sustainable Development Goals 1,12, 13 and 15.
- The significance of this year’s theme is to highlight the role of forests, forest species and ecosystems services in sustaining the livelihood of millions of people at a global level and especially of the indigenous and local communities that have been associated with the forest for the longest of times.
World Hearing Day:
- The World Hearing Day is celebrated on March 3 annually to raise awareness, advocacy and action against hearing loss and deafness and to promote hearing care across the globe.
- The World Hearing Day was started in 2007 by the Office of Prevention of Blindness and Deafness of the World Health Organization (WHO).
- It was called International Ear Care Day till 2016.
- The theme for World Hearing Day in 2021 is “Hearing care for all!”.
2. Which state/UT tops medals tally at Khelo India Winter National Games in Gulmarg?
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: D) Jammu & Kashmir
- Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir topped the medals tally in the second edition of Khelo India Winter National Games.
- J&K won 11 gold, 18 silver and 5 bronze medals.
- The five-day mega sports event which began on 26th of February, concluded in the famous ski resort of Gulmarg in the north Kashmir’s Baramulla district.
J&K – Top medals tally at Khelo India Winter National Games in Gulmarg.
3. According to NITI Aayog, Nawada tops aspirational districts ranking in January. This district is situated in which state?
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Bihar
- The delta rankings took into account incremental progress made by over 112 aspirational districts across six developmental areas in December 2020.
- Health and nutrition, education, agriculture and water resources, financial inclusion, skill development and basic infrastructure were the development areas that were taken into consideration for the ranking.
- Aspirational districts programme, launched in January 2018, aims to transform districts that have shown relatively lesser progress in key social areas
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Which company announced the launch of ‘YIELD’ – an online platform to buy and sell bonds as well as debentures in the secondary market?
A) Axis Securities
B) G7 Securitas Group
C) Tops Security Ltd
D) G4S Secure Solutions India Pvt Ltd
E) Armour Security Pvt Ltd
Answer: A) Axis Securities
- Axis Securities announced the launch of ‘YIELD’ – an online platform to buy and sell bonds as well as debentures in the secondary market.
- With a simple investment process, YIELD is the first-of-its-kind initiative that allows retail investors direct access to the debt instruments.
- This removes the hassle of filling up physical forms or the need for separate KYC with the bond institutions.
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Managing Director & CEO : B. Gopkumar
Axis Securities – Platform to make investment in bond, debenture hassle free.
5. Which RRB has signed MoU with Our Food Pvt Ltd, Visakhapatnam, for arranging cost-effective processing units to farmers through the bank loan?
A) Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank
B) Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank
C) Chaitanya Godavari Gramin Bank
D) Saptagiri Gramin Bank
E) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
Answer: E) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
- The Dharwad-headquartered Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) has signed memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Our Food Pvt Ltd, Visakhapatnam, for arranging cost-effective processing units to farmers through the bank loan.
Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank:
Headquarters: Dharwad, Karnataka
Chairman: Puttaganti Gopi Krishna
KVGB + Our Food Pvt Ltd – Arranging processing units to farmers.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
6. Truecaller launches a safety app for women. What is the name of that app?
Answer: C) Guardians
- Caller identity app Truecaller has launched a safety app for women—Guardians.
- The app helps women share their location with family or friends at all or specific times and alert them in case of an emergency.
- The app was built by a dedicated team of 10 people stationed in India and Stockholm over the last 15 months.
- The company is not looking to monetise the app.
Truecaller – Launch Guardians, a safety app for women.
7. Which organisation joins hands with Samhita-CGF’s REVIVE to restore livelihoods affected by COVID-19?
B) UNEP India
E) UNDP India
Answer: E) UNDP India
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), in partnership with Samhita-Collective Good Foundation’s (CGF) REVIVE Alliance, has committed to supporting and restoring the livelihoods of informal workers, nano and micro-entrepreneurs, artisans and women collectives who have been severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- REVIVE is a recently launched $6.85 million multi-stakeholder blended finance facility, also supported by USAID, Omidyar Network India, and Michael & Susan Dell Foundation.
- It leverages corporate and philanthropic funds to provide accessible and affordable capital in the form of grants, returnable grants and credit, to previously employed or self-employed workers and at-risk small enterprises.
- These grants and credit help them to restart and sustain their work or find alternative business and livelihood opportunities.
UNDP India + Samhita-CGF’s REVIVE – Restore livelihoods affected by COVID-19.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
8. ‘Neelkanth’ is released by Rajkummar Rao. Rajkummar Rao is related to which field?
Answer: E) Actor
- Neelkanth is authored by Satyam Srivastava and Rajeev Garg.
- It has been published by Leadstart.
Neelkanth – Authored by Satyam Srivastava and Rajeev Garg – Published by Leadstart.
9. Who is appointed as Chairperson of AIBA’s champions & veterans committee?
A) Vikas Krishan Yadav
B) Dingko Singh
C) Shiv Thapa
D) Mohammed Ali Qamar
E) Mary Kom
Answer: E) Mary Kom
- Six-time world champion pugilist Mary Kom has been appointed as the Chairperson of the International Boxing Association’s (AIBA) champions and veterans committee.
- AIBA President Umar Kremlev said this in a letter to the 2012 Olympic bronze-medallist.
- Mary Kom was elected by the Board of Directors of AIBA.
- The Committee, formed in December last year, consists of most respected worldwide boxing veterans and champions who have achieved significant results and who are ready to share their experience.
Mary Kom – Chairperson of AIBA’s champions & veterans committee.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. Which IIT developed a soil-mapping technology to bring efficiency in the use of fertilizers in farmland?
A) IIT Hyderabad
B) IIT Madras
C) IIT Mandi
D) IIT Delhi
E) IIT Kharagpur
Answer: E) IIT Kharagpur
- Researchers at IIT Kharagpur have developed a soil-mapping technology to bring efficiency in the use of fertilisers in farmland.
- The country’s food security programme largely relies on soil health and aims at increasing productivity and keeping inorganic components in check.
- The differential global positioning system-enabled technology will facilitate cultivators to use nitrogen, phosphorus and potash (NPK) efficiently for automated soil nutrition management.
IIT Kharagpur – Develop technology to improve efficiency in fertiliser application.
11. Exim Bank inks how much amount soft loan pact with Eswatini?
A) $11.40 million
B) $12.40 million
C) $13.40 million
D) $14.40 million
E) $10.40 million
Answer: E) $10.40 million
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) said it has inked a USD 10.40 million
(Rs 75.99 crore) loan deal with Eswatini (Swaziland) on behalf of the Indian government for the construction of disaster recovery site.
- With the signing of this agreement, Exim Bank, till date has extended three LoCs to Eswatini, taking the total value to USD 68.30 million.
- With the signing of this latest agreement, Exim Bank has now in place 270 LoCs, covering 62 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States), with credit commitments of around USD 26.75 billion, available for financing exports from India.
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO : David Rasquinha
Capitals: Mbabane, Lobamba
Currency: Swazi lilangeni
Exim Bank – $10.40 million soft loan pact with Eswatini.
12. Naveen Patnaik sanctions scholarship worth how much amount for SC, ST students?
A) Rs 105 crore
B) Rs 104 crore
C) Rs 103 crore
D) Rs 102 crore
E) Rs 101 crore
Answer: E) Rs 101 crore
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik sanctioned Rs 101 crore for providing scholarships to 50,000 Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students.
- The Chief Minister also inaugurated three ‘Akanshya’ hostels and 68 other hostels.
- He also launched “My Hostel” cards for 5.75 lakh students living in hostels.
Naveen Patnaik – Sanction scholarship worth Rs 101 cr for SC, ST students.
13. Which Minister announced Project Development Cell for Biotechnology?
A) Commerce & Industry Minister
B) Finance Minister
C) Home Minister
D) Women & Child Development Minister
E) Jal Shakti Minister
Answer: A) Commerce & Industry Minister
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal announced Project Development Cell for Biotechnology.
- Mr. Goyal made this announcement in Global Bio-India 2021 conclave, a three-day event focusing on different aspects of biotechnology which has been organized by DBT-BIRAC.
- Mr. Goyal also released Indian Bio-economy Report by ABLE, and Biotech Investment Potential for Indian States Report by IFC.
- Secretary of Department of Biotechnology Dr. Renu Swarup said that it was heartening to see that there was a growth in the biotech sector with 850 start-ups in the last year alone despite all the challenges.
Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution:
Minister: Ram Vilas Paswan
Constituency: MP Rajyasabha from Bihar
Piyush Goyal – Project Development Cell for Biotechnology.
14. Which State/UT approved Rs.185 crore for several child welfare schemes?
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: E) Delhi
- The Delhi cabinet approved Rs.185 crore for several child welfare schemes.
- The cabinet approved Rs.100 crore for the Ladli Scheme that would benefit school-going girls,” the statement said.
- The Ladli Scheme, implemented by the Department of Women and Child Development in 2008, aims at promoting education among girls, reducing their drop-out rate, and providing financial security to families of girl child.
- The cabinet has also decided to release Rs.75.98 crore under different scholarship schemes for the benefit of SC/ST/OBC students.
- These scholarship schemes include pre-matric and post-matric scholarships, and merit scholarships for SC/ST/OBC/minority students from Class 1 to 12.
- To ensure education is accessible and inclusive, the Delhi Cabinet has also approved Rs.2 crore for children with special needs and children with disabilities.
Capital: New Delhi
CM: Arvind Kejriwal
Governor: Anil Baijal
Delhi – Okay Rs.185 crore for child welfare, scholarship programme.