Daily Current Affairs October 28
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 28. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 28| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs October 28
1. Veteran actor Nipon Goswami died at age 80,he belong to which language film industry?
Answer: E) Assamese
- Veteran actor Nipon Goswami donned varied roles for over 50 years to stride like a colossus in the Assamese film industry and his well-wishers rued that an era ended with his death, following a prolonged illness.
- Goswami acted in over 50 Assamese and seven Hindi films, and ill-health notwithstanding, he went on to face the camera till last year, taking the final bow with ‘Lanka Kanda’ by Rajani Barman.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs October 28
2. CBDT extended deadline for filing TDS for non-salary transactions till which date and year?
A) October 30,2022
B) December 31,2022
C) March 31,2023
D) November 30,2022
E) April 30,2023
Answer: D) November 30,2022
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes extended the deadline for filing quarterly TDS statement in Form 26Q for the June quarter by a month till November 30.
- Form 26Q is used for quarterly filing of TDS returns on payments other than salary.
- Considering the difficulties in filing of TDS statement in the revised and updated Form 26Q, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has extended the due date of filing of Form 26Q for the second quarter of financial year 2022-23 from 31st October, 2022 to 30th November, 2022.
3. Musical instruments’ exports rose to how many crores in Apr-Sept?
A) Rs 172 crores
B) Rs 182 crores
C) Rs 192 crores
D) Rs 162 crores
E) Rs 142 crores
Answer: A) Rs 172 crores
- India’s musical instruments exports have increased to 172 crore rupees during April-September this fiscal against the 49 crore rupees in the same period of 2013-14.
- In a tweet, Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal said, exports of musical instruments have risen to more than 3.5 times.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has expressed happiness over the spike in the country’s exports of musical instruments.
- Sharing the tweet of Mr Goyal, the Prime Minister said, this is encouraging. In a tweet, Mr Modi said, with Indian music gaining popularity worldwide, there is a great opportunity to further grow in this sector.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs October 28
4. Marathon Edge India buys Newgen Software Technologies shares worth how many crores?
A) Rs 75 crores
B) Rs 38 crores
C) Rs 69 crores
D) Rs 82 crores
E) Rs 54 crores
Answer: C) Rs 69 crores
- Marathon Edge India Fund I bought Newgen Software Technologies shares worth Rs 69 crore through an open market transaction.
- According to the bulk deal data available with the National Stock Exchange (NSE), Marathon Edge India Fund I purchased 20,00,000 shares, amounting to a 2.85 per cent stake in the company.
- The shares were acquired at an average price of Rs 345 apiece, taking the transaction value to Rs 69 crore.
- As of September 2022, Marathon Edge India Fund I owned a 2.65 per cent stake in the company, shareholding data showed with the bourse.
- Meanwhile, India Acorn ICAV and Al Mehwar Commercial Investments LLC combinedly offloaded 14,85,132 shares of the company at the same price.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 28
5. Adani Green Energy got shareholders’ nod to appoint Ahlem Friga Noy as director,where is the headquarters of Adani Green Energy?
Answer: E) Ahmedabad
- Adani Green Energy said it has received shareholders’ approval to appoint Ahlem Friga Noy as a non-executive, nominee director in the company.
- Shareholders of the company has approved the appointment of Ahlem Friga Noy as a director (non-executive, nominee director) in an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) of the company.
- According to the notice for the EGM, the board had recommended for the approval of the members for the appointment of Ahlem Friga Noy as a director of the company, from 27th July, 2022.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs October 28
6. ISRO will launch first test flight of Gaganyaan by?
A) July 2023
B) June 2023
C) May 2023
D) April 2023
E) February 2023
Answer: E) February 2023
- India is inching closer to its dream of launching a human space mission with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) planning to start a series of test flights for its Gaganyaan mission in February 2023.
- The director of ISRO’s Human Space Flight Centre, R Umamaheshwaran, informed that the space agency plans to deploy the heavy-lift Chinook helicopter and the C-17 Globemaster transport aircraft for testing the crew module which will carry the astronauts as part of the mission.
7. Which IIT developed AI model to predict bone repair outcomes after surgery?
A) IIT Indore
B) IIT Guwahati
C) IIT Kharagpur
D) IIT Madras
E) IIT Bombay
Answer: B) IIT Guwahati
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati have developed an Artificial Intelligence (AI) model to predict the healing of thigh bone fractures after surgery.
- According to the team, the model can be used to assess the healing outcomes of different fracture fixation strategies so that an optimum strategy can be chosen for the patient depending on their personal physiologies and fracture type.
- Using such precision models can reduce the healing time, and lighten the economic burden and pain for patients who need thigh fracture treatment.
- The results of the research have recently been published in open-source journal, “PLoS One”.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs October 28
8. India can accelerate green investments to USD 12.1 trillion by which year?
Answer: D) 2050
- India can accelerate green investments to USD 12.1 trillion by 2050 and reap a host of benefits, a consultancy firm.
- With the ongoing rate, India’s net Green House Gas (GHG) emissions will rise to 11.8 gigatons of carbon dioxide equivalent by 2070 from the 2.9 gigatons in 2019, Mckinsey & Co said in a report.
- However, India has the potential to create 287 gigatons of carbon space for the world if it accelerates its efforts to fight climate change, the report said, adding that this amounts to almost half of the global carbon budget for an even chance at limiting warming to 1.5 degree celsius.
- India’s decarbonisation will require an estimated USD 12.1 trillion (5.9 per cent of GDP) of green investments until 2050 for the ‘accelerated’ scenario.
- India has committed to net zero emissions by 2070. As per earlier estimates, the shift to net zero by 2070 will require USD 10 trillion worth investments.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 28
9. PM Modi and Rishi Sunak agreed on early conclusion of Free Trade Agreement what id the currency of UK?
A) Pound Sterling
D) CFA Franc
Answer: A) Pound Sterling
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke to his UK counterpart Rishi Sunak.
- Mr. Modi said, they will work together to further strengthen the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership between the two nations.
- Both leaders also agreed on the importance of the early conclusion of a comprehensive and balanced Free Trade Agreement.
10. India’s oil imports from Middle East fall to _____month low?
A) 18 months
B) 16 months
C) 19 months
D) 15 months
E) 17 months
Answer: C) 19 months
- India’s oil imports from the Middle East fell to a 19-month low in September while Russian imports rebounded although refining outages hit overall crude imports, data from trade and shipping sources showed.
- Iraq remained the top supplier while Russia overtook Saudi Arabia as the second biggest after a gap of a month, the data showed.
- India’s total oil imports in September fell to a 14-month low of 3.91 million barrels per day (bpd), down 5.6% from a year earlier, due to maintenance at refiners such as Reliance Industries and Indian Oil Corp, the data showed.
- India’s imports from the Middle East fell to about 2.2 million bpd, down 16.2% from August, the data showed, while imports from Russia increased 4.6% to about 896,000 bpd after dipping in the previous two months.
- Russia’s share of India’s oil imports surged to an all-time high of 23% from 19% the previous month while that of the Middle East declined to 56.4% from 59%.
- The share of Caspian Sea oil, mainly from Kazakhstan, Russia and Azerbaijan, rose to 28% from 24.6%.
- India has emerged as Russia’s second biggest oil buyer after China, taking advantage of discounted prices as some Western entities shun purchases over Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 28
11. Centre transferred how many acres of HMT land to Uttarakhand government?
A) 43.33 acres
B) 46.33 acres
C) 44.33 acres
D) 42.33 acres
E) 45.33 acres
Answer: E) 45.33 acres
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami expressed gratitude towards Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Heavy Industries Minister Mahendra Nath Pandey for transferring the HMT land to the Uttarakhand Government.
- This double engine is another important achievement of the government.
- The much-awaited demand of Uttarakhand has been fulfilled.
- This matter was pending for a long time. Now the land has been transferred to the state government.
- It will be used in the interest of the state and for the development of the state.
- According to the order, 45.33 acres of HMT land at Ranibagh and Haldwani has been transferred to Uttarakhand Government at a reserve price of Rs. 72 crores 2 lakh 10,000.
12. India’s first Indigenously developed Drone Simulator launched by IG Drones in the presence of whom?
A) Defence Minister
B) Prime Minister
C) External Affairs Minister
D) Finance Minister
E) Civil Aviation Minister
Answer: B) Prime Minister
- To empower over 10 million youth and aligning with the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to make India the drone superpower Delhi based IG Drones launched it at Defence Expo 2022.
- IG Drones has pioneered the first ever indigenously developed drone simulator with our Honourable Prime Minister, Mr Narendra Modi.
- To empower more than 10 million youth and to join forces with the Prime Minister’s vision of making India a drone capital across the globe, Delhi-based organisation, IG Drones, launched India’s maiden ‘Drone Simulator’ at the Defence Expo, 2022.
- India is aiming to have drones as its superpower and to do so, it needs trained pilots, which is not very cost-effective when compared to the risks involved.
- To address this plight, India’s leading enterprise drone solutions company, IG Drones, has developed India’s foremost, indigenously developed drone simulator.
- This drone simulator will help pilots avoid the frustration of a damaged drone while providing the most realistically simulated flying experience using technologically advanced software.
- This IG Drones software, tailored for varied applications, enables users to hone piloting skills without the potential risks and expenses associated with real-life training.
- Every aspect of IG Drones’ unique flight control technology is analysed and adapted to create the most realistic simulated flying experience.
- The CEO of IG Drones, Bodhisattwa Sanghapriya, is very passionate about creating a global drone force that will serve local communities needs and serve as a leader in applying technology to a variety of issues.
- IG Drones is present all over the country, starting from the head office in Delhi and branch offices in Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Guwahati, Bangalore, and Bhubaneswar.
- PAN India IG Drones has a presence in every sector of India, having completed over 300 projects.
13. PM Modi to virtually address Bhoomi Poojan ceremony of integrated steel facility at Hazira it is located in which state?
Answer: D) Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will virtually address the gathering at the Bhoomi Poojan ceremony of the expansion of the Arcelor Mittal Nippon steel – AM/NS integrated facility at Hazira, Gujarat, October 28.
- With an investment of 60 thousand crore rupees, the expansion project will create diverse employment opportunities in the state of Gujarat and across the country.
- It is yet another step towards the realisation of the Prime Minister’s vision of Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
- The project will help in the production of value-added steel types which will further strengthen India’s position as a global manufacturing hub of steel.
14. How many projects of BRO dedicated to the nation to ensure better connectivity among border states?
Answer: A) 75
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has dedicated 2,180 crore rupees worth 75 different Border Roads Organisation, BRO, projects to the nation, from India’s last village Shyok in Leh.
- The projects include 45 bridges, 27 roads, two helipads and a Carbon Neutral habitat, spread across six states and two union territories.
- On his two-day visit to Leh, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh dedicated 75 BRO projects to the nation, from Shyok in Leh.
- On his whirlwind second day, Mr Singh visited Project Himank in Leh and electronically laid the foundation stone for upgradation of the Himank Air Dispatch Complex at Chandigarh.
- This complex will be the first highest complex constructed using 3D printed technology and helps in energy conservation.
- On the occasion, Mr. Singh also laid the foundation stone for a BRO Museum at Project Himank.
- Defence Minister also released the Coffee Table Book on world’s highest motorable road Umling La followed by acceptance of the registration of Oxygen Cafe at the pass as the world’s highest and biggest Oxygen Café, to help the tourists and visitors.
15. Tourism & Culture Minister, G Kishan Reddy inaugurates exhibition of artworks by artist Akbar Saheb in which of the following city?
C) New Delhi
Answer: C) New Delhi
- Tourism and Culture Minister, G Kishan Reddy, inaugurated an exhibition of artworks by eminent artist Akbar Saheb, curated by Rajeev Menon in Delhi.
- It is a unique exhibition where the artworks are inspired by the contribution of Prime Minister Narendra Modi towards the country’s progress.
- The exhibition will be on till the 3rd of November in the National Gallery of Modern Art.
16. Who among the following moots idea of ‘One Nation, One Uniform’ for police?
A) Vice President
B) Home Minister
D) Defence Minister
E) Prime Minister
Answer: E) Prime Minister
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi mooted the idea of “One Nation, One Uniform” for police, saying it is just a suggestion for consideration and he is not trying to impose it on the states.
- Addressing a “Chintan Shivir” of state home ministers, Modi also advocated close cooperation among the states to tackle crimes and criminals.
- He said cooperative federalism was not only the feeling of the Constitution but also the responsibility of the states and the Centre.
- The One Nation, One Uniform for police is just an idea.I am not trying to impose it on you.Just give it a thought.It may happen, it may happen in 5, 50, or 100 years.But let’s give it a thought,” Modi said.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology
Environment and Energy