Daily Current Affairs October 27
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 27. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 27| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs October 27
1. BCCI announced equal pay for centrally-contracted male and female players,in which year BCCI founded?
Answer: E) 1928
- In a landmark decision, the BCCI announced equal match fees for its centrally-contracted female and male players in a bid to tackle gender discrimination.
- BCCI secretary Jay Shah took to Twitter to announce the development.
- The match fee for both Men and Women Cricketers will be same as we move into a new era of gender equality in Cricket.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 27
2. How many members committee set up by Irdai to increase health insurance?
A) 16 members
B) 13 members
C) 15 members
D) 17 members
E) 14 members
Answer: C) 15 members
- India’s insurance regulator has set up a 15-member committee for two years, asking it to give suggestions for increasing health insurance coverage in the country.
- The 15-member committee is headed by Rakesh Joshi, member at Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai), and it will have representatives from the healthcare and insurance industries.
- From the healthcare industry, Devi Prasad Shetty, chairman of Narayana Health; Naresh Trehan, chairman and managing director (MD) of Medanta Heart Institute; Alexander Thomas, national president of Association of Healthcare Providers India; Arati Verma, senior vice president of Max Healthcare, and Ajay Nair will be part of this consultative committee.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs October 27
3. Dabur India will acquire how many percent stake in Badshah Masala?
A) 51 %
B) 60 %
C) 49 %
D) 47 %
E) 55 %
Answer: A) 51 %
- Home-grown FMCG firm Dabur India will acquire 51 per cent stake in Badshah Masala in a Rs 587.52-crore deal, marking its entry in the fast-growing spices and seasoning category.
- The company has signed definitive transaction agreements to acquire 51 per cent shareholding of Badshah Masala Pvt Ltd, a firm engaged in manufacturing, marketing and export of ground spices, blended spices and seasonings.
- 51 per cent equity shareholding has been agreed at Rs 587.52 crore less proportionate debt as on the closing date, with the Badshah enterprise being valued at Rs 1,152 crore.
- While the balance 49 per cent of the equity share, Dabur said is to be acquired after a period of 5 years.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs October 27
4. SJVN soars 11% on commissioning ___ MW solar power project in Uttar Pradesh?
A) 80 MW
B) 50 MW
C) 30 MW
D) 75 MW
E) 40 MW
Answer: D) 75 MW
- The company has started commissioning of its 75MW Solar Power Project located at Tehsil Kalpi, District Jalaun near Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh through its wholly owned subsidiary SJVN Green Energy Limited.
- The entire 75 MW capacity is expected to be operational by the end of this month, on October 30, 2022.
- SJVN said the project will generate 168.34 million units (MUs) in the first year, with a total energy output of 3919 MUs during a 25-year period.
- This will result in an annual revenue increase of about Rs 45.11 crore, improving both the top and bottom lines of the balance sheet.
- A 25-year Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) has been signed with Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL).
5. Tata Power Solar Systems launched off-grid solar solutions in West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand,where is the headquarters of Tata Power?
C) New Delhi
Answer: B) Mumbai
- Tata Power Solar Systems announced the launch of cost-efficient solar off-grid solutions in West Bengal, Bihar and Jharkhand.
- Tata Power Solar Systems Ltd (TPSSL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd (TPREL).
- The off-grid solutions provide a combination of high-efficient solar modules, inverters and batteries and are available in 11 variants ranging from 1 – 10 Kw with 5-year warranty.
- The solutions offered by the company are engineered to provide an efficient integrated power system to consumers for their power backup requirements in times of grid supply shortages.
- The solution was unveiled in the presence of S Suresh Kumar, Additional Chief Secretary, West Bengal; Partha Pratim Mukherjee, Director (Distribution), West Bengal Power Development Corporation Ltd and Nayak, Director (EV), West Bengal Power Development Corporation Ltd in Kolkata.
- These solar off-grid solutions are charged during the day time and enable consumers access sustainable electricity by reducing their reliance on costly and polluting alternatives like diesel generators during night time and outages.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 27
6. India’s fertilizer subsidy bill may overshoot by how many crores?
A) Rs 20000 crores
B) Rs 50000 crores
C) Rs 30000 crores
D) Rs 10000 crores
E) Rs 40000 crores
Answer: E) Rs 40000 crores
- The government’s fertilizer subsidy bill could increase by Rs 40,000 crore this financial from the already-announced allocation of Rs 2.15 lakh crore because of the continued surge in the prices of the key raw material – natural gas– for manufacturing urea, rating agency CRISIL Ratings.
- The rating agency said any delay in increased allocation and disbursement would lead to higher working capital requirements and moderate the credit metrics of fertiliser makers.
- Notably, the government has been proactive in addressing the subsidy requirements of the industry.
- In addition to Rs 1.05 lakh crore approved in the Union Budget for this fiscal, an additional subsidy of Rs 1.10 lakh crore was announced in May 2022 to offset surging feedstock and product prices.
7. How many crores investment had come to Jammu and Kashmir post-2019?
A) Rs 25000 crores
B) Rs 47000 crores
C) Rs 57000 crores
D) Rs 35000 crores
E) Rs 63000 crores
Answer: C) Rs 57000 crores
- Rs 57,000 crore investment has come to Jammu and Kashmir post-2019: Home Minister Amit Shah.
- All states will have National Investigation Agency offices by 2024: Home Minister Amit Shah.
8. Manufacturing facility for production of Airbus ____ aircraft to come up in Vadodara?
Answer: A) C-295
- A manufacturing facility for production of Airbus C295 transport aircraft will come up in Vadodara in Gujarat, Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar.
- The foundation laying ceremony for setting up of the facility will be held on October 30 and Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend it.
- For the first time, the C-295 aircraft will be manufactured outside of Europe.
- In September last year, India sealed a nearly Rs 21,000 crore deal with Airbus Defence and Space to procure 56 C-295 transport aircraft to replace the ageing Avro-748 planes of the IAF under a project that entails manufacturing of military aircraft in India for the first time by a private company.
9. How many crores project inaugurated and laid by Home Minister Amit Shah in Haryana?
A) Rs 6992 crores
B) Rs 6692 crores
C) Rs 6269 crores
D) Rs 6629 crores
E) Rs 6296 crores
Answer: D) Rs 6629 crores
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah laid the foundation stone of the Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor and inaugurated three other projects here worth a combined Rs 6,629 crore.
- Shah inaugurated the projects virtually from an event at the Parade Ground in Sector 12.
- He laid the foundation stone of the Rs 5,618-crore Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor project.
- Shah inaugurated a rail coach refurbishment factory worth Rs 590 crore in Sonipat’s Barhi and India’s first longest elevated railway track in Rohtak, built at a cost of Rs 315.40 crore.
- The Home minister also inaugurated the Haryana Police Housing Complex, Bhondsi, constructed at a cost of Rs 106 crore.
10. How many percent phones used in country are made in India?
Answer: B) 97%
- Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology Rajeev Chandrasekhar said that over 97 per cent of mobile phones used in India are made in the country itself.
- The minister made the remarks while speaking at the event CyFY2022, organised by Observer Research Foundation (ORF).
- In 2014, over 92 per cent of mobile phones used in India were imported, today over 97 per cent of mobile phones used in India are made in India.
- Today we export electronic devices worth $12 billion.
11. SAIL crossed how many crores procurement mark on GeM portal?
A) Rs 12000 crores
B) Rs 14000 crores
C) Rs 11000 crores
D) Rs 13000 crores
E) Rs 10000 crores
Answer: E) Rs 10000 crores
- Steelmaker SAIL has made procurement worth Rs 10,000 crore through the Government-e-Marketplace (GeM) since the inception of the portal.
- The portal was launched on August 9, 2016.
- Presently more than 7,400 products in about 150 product categories and hiring of transport service are available on it.
- GeM is a completely paperless, cashless and system-driven e-marketplace that enables procurement of common-use goods and services with minimal human interface.
- It has become the first Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) to achieve the major milestone of procurement value of Rs 10,000 through GeM since inception.
- From Rs 2.7 crore in FY 2018-19, the total value of procurement from GeM has already crossed the Rs 10,000 crore mark this fiscal, Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL).
12. DGCA issues aerodrome licence for Mopa airport in which of the following state?
B) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Goa
- Aviation watchdog DGCA has given the aerodrome licence for the new airport at Mopa in Goa, paving the way for starting commercial flights operations from there soon.
- The licence for the Mopa airport, which will be operated by GMR group, was issued on October 26, according to a senior official at the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
- This will be the second airport in Goa, where already there is an operational airport at Dabolim in Mormugao city.
- The new airport will be around 35 kilometre from Panjim in the northern part of Goa.
- The Mopa airport is being constructed in four phases with an annual passenger capacity of In phase III, the capacity will rise to 9.4 million passengers per annum and once phase IV is also complete, the total capacity will be at 13.1 million passengers per annum.
- GMR Airports Ltd (GAL), a subsidiary of GMR Infrastructure, had in November 2016 signed a concession agreement with the Goa government to develop and operate greenfield international airport project at Mopa.
- GAL’s subsidiary GMR Goa International Airport is developing the project, which is based on design, build, finance, operate and transfer (DBFOT) basis.
13. Dabur to infuse how many crores in Indore plant?
A) Rs 325.87 crores
B) Rs 327.87 crores
C) Rs 324.97 crores
D) Rs 329.87 crores
E) Rs 323.87 crores
Answer: A) Rs 325.87 crores
- Home-grown FMCG major Dabur will invest Rs 325.87 crore in its Indore plant.
- The company will manufacture red toothpaste and one-litre juice packs, and increase the production capacity of portion packs of its range of juices.
- The Board of Directors have approved the Capital Expenditure of Rs 325.87 crore for its Indore Project in Madhya Pradesh.
- The work for capacity addition would be completed in the next 1.5 years, and production would start in March 2024.
14. Gujarat achieved 100 percent household tap connections under Jal Jeevan Mission,in which year Jal Jeevan Mission launched?
Answer: D) 2019
- Gujarat has been declared as a 100 percent ‘Har Ghar Jal’ state.
- It means all households in rural areas have access to safe drinking water through taps in the state.
- As per the government data, all 91,73,378 houses in the state now have water connections.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has lauded Gujarat as the state was declared as 100 percent ‘Har Ghar Jal’.
- The motto of the Jal Jeevan Mission is ‘no one is left out’, thus ensuring every household irrespective of its socio-economic status, gets tap water supply.
- Under the scheme, the government plans to provide potable tap water to all the villages in the country by 2024.
15. Gehlot govt sanctioned Rs 13.10 crore for smart classes in how many madrasas?
Answer: B) 500
- The Ashok Gehlot government allotted Rs 13.10 crore to ensure that 500 madrasas of the state, approved by state Madarsa Board, have smart classrooms.
- Funds worth Rs 2.62 lakh will be spent to set up smart classrooms in each madrasa.
- While addressing state budget 2022-23, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had announced plans to set up smart classrooms in registered madrasas of the state.
16. Rajasthan govt approved how many crores for digital libraries in 344 govt-run schools?
A) Rs 56.56 crores
B) Rs 26.56 crores
C) Rs 46.56 crores
D) Rs 66.56 crores
E) Rs 36.56 crores
Answer: E) Rs 36.56 crores
- The Rajasthan government sanctioned Rs 36.56 crore to set up digital libraries in 344 residential schools across the state.
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the amount in compliance with the announcement made during the discussion of the Finance and Appropriation Bill 2022-23.
- Gehlot had announced the financial provision for digital libraries and other necessary facilities for classes 9 to 12 in residential educational institutes and selected schools under various departments in view of the importance of digital learning in today’s scenario.
17. Shiprocket became ____ inter-city logistics provider to join ONDC network?
Answer: E) 1st
- Shiprocket, a shipping and logistics solutions provider, has gone live on the government’s Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) and made its first successful transaction on October 22.
- Shiprocket said it is the first inter-city logistics provider to plug into the ONDC network, enabling sellers from all segments to ship products to cities and towns across India.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Acquisitions and Mergers
Environment and Energy