Daily Current Affairs October 29&30
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 29&30. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 29&30| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs October 29&30
1. World Thrift Day is observed worldwide on?
A) October 29
B) October 27
C) October 31
D) October 28
E) October 30
Answer: C) October 31
- Date: October 30 every year in India and on October 31 worldwide
- Day: World Thrift Day
- 1st Observed: 1924
- Observed by: World Society of Savings Banks
- Message: “savings can make all the difference”
- Others: The day, also known as World Savings Day.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 29&30
2. Indian Bank hiked interest rates on fixed deposits (FDs) by up to how many bps?
A) 40 bps
B) 80 bps
C) 30 bps
D) 50 bps
E) 90 bps
Answer: E) 90 bps
- Indian Bank, a leading public sector lender, increased interest rates on fixed deposits below ₹2 crore.
- The new rates are in effect, October 29, 2022, according to the bank’s official website.
- The interest rate on fixed deposits that mature in 7 days to 29 days has remained constant at 2.80%, while Indian Bank will continue to give a 3.00% interest rate on deposits that mature in 30 days to 45 days.
- Deposits maturing between 46 and 90 days will continue to earn 3.25% interest, and fixed deposits maturing between 91 and 120 days will continue to earn 3.50% interest.
- On deposits maturing in 121 days to 180 days, Indian Bank will continue to give an interest rate of 3.85%, and on deposits maturing in 181 days to less than 9 months at a rate of 4.50%.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs October 29&30
3. Government extended curbs on sugar exports till which date?
A) October 31,2023
B) September 30,2023
C) July 31,2023
D) June 30,2023
E) April 30,2023
Answer: A) October 31,2023
- The government has extended restrictions on sugar exports till October 31 next year, a move aimed at increasing availability of the commodity in the domestic market.
- Earlier, the restrictions were imposed till October 31 this year.
- ”Restriction on export of sugar (raw, refined, and white sugar) is extended beyond October 31, 2022 till October 31, 2023, or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- Other conditions will remain unchanged,” the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) said in a notification dated October 28.
- However, it said these restrictions will not be applicable on sugar being exported to the EU and the US under CXL and TRQ duty concession quotas.
- A specified amount of sugar is exported to these regions under CXL and TRQ (tariff rate quota).
- India has been the highest producer and the second largest exporter of sugar in the world in the current year.
- An exporter would require a licence or permission from the government to export sugar, which is under the restricted category.
- The country’s sugar production is projected to be 36.5 million tonnes in the 2022-23 marketing season, an increase of 2 per cent compared to the year-ago period, industry body ISMA.
- The production in India stood at 35.8 million tonnes during the 2021-22 marketing season.
- The season is from October-September.
- With an estimated increase in production despite higher diversion for ethanol, ISMA expects export to be around 9 million tonnes this season.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs October 29&30
4. Who among the following asked people to adopt basic principles of Mission Life to protect the environment?
A) Environment Minister
B) Vice President
D) Prime Minister
E) Health Minister
Answer: D) Prime Minister
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi hailed some villages of Tripura which have set very good examples.
- These villages have ascended to the level of Bio-Village 2.
- Bio-Village 2 emphasizes how to minimize the damage caused by natural disasters.
- Under this, full attention is given to improving the quality of life of the people through various measures.
- There is a complete focus on Solar Energy, Biogas, Bee Keeping and Bio-Fertilizers.
- Mr Modi stressed that Bio-Village 2 is going to lend a lot of strength to the campaign against climate change.
- The simple principle of Mission Life is to promote a lifestyle that does not harm the environment.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 29&30
5. How much US dollar contributed by India for UN Trust Fund for Counter-Terrorism?
A) $ 300,000
B) $ 500,000
C) $ 100,000
D) $ 400,000
E) $ 200,000
Answer: B) $ 500,000
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar said that India will contribute USD 500,000 to the United Nations Trust Fund for Counter Terrorism this year to aid capacity-building support to member states in combating terrorism.
- He made this announcement during his keynote address at the plenary session of the UNSC special meeting of the Counter Terrorism Committee (CTC) on ‘Countering the use of new and emerging technologies for terrorist purposes’ in New Delhi.
- In his address, minister Jaishankar highlighted the global threat of terrorism is growing and expanding, particularly in Asia and Africa, despite the UN Security Council’s (UNSC) best efforts to combat the “gravest threat to humanity“.
6. Which of the following country and India collaborate for sustainable future via innovation projects?
Answer: E) Sweden
- The 9th annual India Sweden Innovation Day 2022 concluded successfully.
- The day-long event was organised in association with the Embassy of India to Sweden & Latvia, Sweden-India Business Council (SIBC), and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- The event was a massive success with over 1,000 participants from across the globe.
- About 350 esteemed delegates attended the Innovation Day 2022 in person while more than 700 marked their presence online.
- The main highlight of the event was the implementation of the partnership, principles of co-funding, co-development, co-creation towards mutual benefits, and making full use of complementary strengths.
- The 9th India Sweden Innovation Day also encompassed comprehensive sessions with relevant stakeholders in domains such as sustainable urban development and safe transportation, life science, energy, environment, health, and science and technology.
- Since industry 4.0 is at the forefront of driving sustainable industrial growth across the globe, the event laid considerable emphasis on exploring its potential in the development and adoption of smart technologies for enhanced efficiency and socio-environmental sustainability.
7. Which edition of ASEAN-India Start-up Festival 2022 bolstered ASEAN-India cooperation?
Answer: C) 1st
- Dr. Srivari Chandrasekhar, Secretary, Department of Science and Technology, inaugurated the 1st ASEAN-India Start-up Festival (AISF) in Bogor, Indonesia, in the presence of Mr. Satvinder Singh, Deputy Secretary-General for ASEAN Economic Community and Ambassador Mr. Jayant Khobragade, Indian Mission to ASEAN (IMA).
- The festival is part of the over-all ASEAN-India Science, Technology and Innovation Cooperation program between the ASEAN Committee on Science, Technology, and Innovation (COSTI) and the Department of Science and Technology (Govt of India) and is supported under the ASEAN-India Science and Technology Development Fund (AISTDF) of Govt of India which is jointly contributed by Department of Science and Technology and Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- The four-day event is being hosted in conjunction with the Indonesia Research and Innovation Expo (INA-RIE) from the 27th until the 30th October 2022 at the Innovation Convention Centre, Cibinong Bogor, Indonesia.
- The AISF is part of a series of events to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the ASEAN-India diplomatic relationship.
- Comprising of four main events —startup exhibitions; seminar and talk show; G2G meetings and B2B meetings, as well as startup pitch battle, it has brought together government officials, startups, research institutes, universities, inventors and innovators, and other financial institutes.
- The festival provided a platform to further expand the national startup ecosystem to global networks, seeking cooperation for cumulative growth and creating of more opportunities.
- The festival commemorates and strengthens cooperation and collaboration in science, technology, and innovation between the ASEAN countries and India.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 29&30
8. India needed ____ million tonnes of foodgrains a year to be distributed to the poor?
A) 108 million tonnes
B) 105 million tonnes
C) 103 million tonnes
D) 106 million tonnes
E) 104 million tonnes
Answer: A) 108 million tonnes
- The country needs 108 million tonnes of foodgrains every year to support 80 crore poor people who get 10 kg of rice or wheat every month, under the Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana, said Union Food Minister Piyush Goyal.
- In an interactive session at the Federation of Telangana Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Goyal said there is a fear that production of foodgrains may drop in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, though it is not confirmed yet due to untimely rain.
- The Minister said 80 crore people were already getting food security with foodgrains (of) about 5 kg per person or 35 kg for the very poor Antyodaya families and under the Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana, the quota was doubled with an additional 5 kg.
- I need 40 lakh tonnes every month for additional foodgrains.
- We already need 50 lakh tonnes in addition to that.
- So that means 90 lakh tonnes of food
9. SAIL inked pact with AAI for facilitating start of commercial flights from which of the following place?
Answer: E) Rourkela
- State-owned SAIL said that it has entered into a pact with Airport Authority of India (AAI) for facilitating the start of commercial flights from Rourkela in Odisha.
- Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) has signed the operation and management contract with AAI through its unit Rourkela Steel Plant.
- The public sector enterprise had in 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for use of its own airport, under the regional connectivity scheme UDAN, for operation of commercial flights.
- The civil aviation ministry has rendered financial support for the upgradation of this airport.
- The Odisha government will deliver security, fire and ambulance services besides assisting with other local clearances.
- AAI, on behalf of SAIL – Rourkela Steel Plant, will operate and manage the airport.
- Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) -UDAN, a flagship project of the central government launched by the civil aviation ministry, envisages enhancing the regional air connectivity by providing support in terms of infrastructure and other facilities.
10. Which of the following state government will set up cyber intelligence unit to curb cyber and financial crime?
B) Andhra Pradesh
C) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Maharashtra
- Maharashtra’s Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has announced that a dedicated cyber intelligence unit will be set up in the state to curb cyber and financial crime.
- He was speaking at the Chintan Shivir, being held in Haryana’s Surajkund, wherein Home Ministers and senior police officials of all states had gathered to discuss policy matters related to internal security.
11. How many crores action plan approved by Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry for J-K under AMRUT 2.0?
A) Rs 1665.30 crores
B) Rs 1665.10 crores
C) Rs 1665.50 crores
D) Rs 1665.20 crores
E) Rs 1665.40 crores
Answer: B) Rs 1665.10 crores
- Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), in its fifth Apex committee meeting, has approved UT Water Action Plan (UTWAP) for 153 projects amounting to Rs. 1665.10 crore for 78 urban local bodies of Jammu and Kashmir under Atal Mission for Rejuvenation of Urban Transformation (AMRUT) 2.0.
- Principal Secretary, Housing and Urban Development Department, Dheeraj Gupta, made a presentation on the action plan to the Apex committee.
- The meeting was held under the chairmanship of Union Secretary MoHUA Manoj Joshi.
- The UTWAP will be covering 99 projects under water supply, four under sewerage and seepage management besides 50 water bodies.
- The allocation includes provisions for the Housing and Urban Development Department for providing round-the-clock quality water supply, universal households water tap connections to all the urban areas of Jammu and Kashmir and coverage of households under Sewerage and Seepage Management in three mission cities of AMRUT including Srinagar, Jammu and Anantnag. Besides, under AMRUT 2.0 about 2.25 lakh new tap household connections would be provided and more than four lakh connections would be augmented.
- Likewise, 72,872 sewage connections in three mission Cities of Srinagar, Jammu and Anantnag shall be provided and 54 MLD capacities of sewage treatment plants will be augmented under AMRUT 2.0.
- Pertinently, AMRUT 2.0 has been designed to provide universal coverage of water supply through functional taps to all households in all the statutory towns of the country and coverage of sewerage/seepage management in AMRUT cities by 2025-26.
12. Gulmarg Festival is celebrated in which of the following state/UT?
D) Himachal Pradesh
E) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: E) Jammu and Kashmir
- The Gulmarg Festival 2022 aimed at providing a major boost to the tourism sector of Jammu and Kashmir commenced.
- The first day of the two-day mega event conducted by the Dagger Division of Indian Army in collaboration with Jammu and Kashmir tourism department witnessed a glittering opening ceremony encompassing a wide array of activities showcasing various facets of Gulmarg as a premier tourist destination along with the immense talent of Kashmiri youth in all it is grandeur.
- The day witnessed numerous sports and adventure activities such as Mini Marathon, Pony Race, Hot Air Balloon display, Hiking and Tiranga Rally on ATV.
- In addition, the sequence of events also included high-octane cultural performances by local artists and display of state of the art craft work by local craftsmen of the valley.
- Maj Gen Ajay Chandpuria, GOC Dagger Division inaugurated the event.
13. Which of the following state government will set up committee to implement Uniform Civil Code ahead of Assembly Elections?
B) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Gujarat
- Gujarat Government has decided to set up a committee for the implementation of Uniform Civil Code in the state ahead of assembly elections.
- Addressing the media in Gandhinagar, Minister of State for Home Harsh Sanghvi said, the State cabinet cleared a proposal to effect during its meeting.
- Union Minister Parshottam Rupala who was also present at the press conference said, the high-level committee will be headed by a retired high court judge and will have three to four members.
- Mr. Rupala congratulated Gujarat government for this historic decision which he said is in line with PM’s vision of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
14. Eknath Shinde was ____ CM of Maharashtra?
Answer: A) 20th
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde said that the government is committed to the development of the tribal community in the state.
- Speaking at the inauguration of new administrative building of Nandurbar Nagar Parishad, Chief Minister Mr. Shinde said, the state government has allocated 11,199 crore rupees in 2022-2023 for the upliftment of tribals.
- He added, his government is determined to plan time-bound programs for the development of the tribal community and bring them into the mainstream.
- Mr. Shinde said, his government is striving for the all-round development of tribals, farmers, laborers, workers, and deprived-exploited people.
- He said that more than 400 government decisions have been taken in the last four months for the overall development of all societies.
- Besides, the CM said that the government is trying to bring big industries to provide employment to the youth of the state.
15. Naveen launched ____ crore projects for Padampur?
A) Rs 486 crores
B) Rs 488 crores
C) Rs 485 crores
D) Rs 487 crores
E) Rs 489 crores
Answer: B) Rs 488 crores
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched an array of projects worth Rs 488 crore for Padampur Assembly constituency in Bargarh district.
- The CM virtually laid the foundation for construction of 38 bridges and 25 roads which are estimated to cost Rs 260 crore and Rs 136 crore respectively.
- The other projects included 20 lift irrigation projects worth Rs 10 crore and projects worth Rs 18.48 crore for development of agriculture markets and rural infrastructure projects worth Rs 9 crore.
- He also inaugurated projects worth Rs 30 crore in three blocks and urban areas of the constituency.
- Those included 20 kalyan mandaps, panchayat bhavans, village markets and common facility centres.
- The Chief Minister said the State government will spend Rs 26 crore for development of Nrusinghnath temple which will generate employment and contribute towards economic prosperity of the locality.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Environment and Energy