Daily Current Affairs October 19
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 19. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 19| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs October 19
1. Sajan Bhanwal became _____ Indian Greco-Roman wrestler to win medal at U-23 World Championship?
Answer: B) 1st
- Sajan Bhanwal became the first-ever Indian Greco-Roman wrestler to win a medal at the Under-23 World Championship defeating Ukraine’s Dmytro Vasetskyi in the 77 kg bronze medal play-off at Pontevedra, Spain.
- The bout ended at 10-10 but since the Indian had scored the last point he was declared the winner on criteria.
- Six Greco-Roman w restlers are participating in the championship along with two women and one free-style wrestler.
2. India, Saudi Arabia emerge as final bidders to host ____ edition of AFC Asian Cup?
Answer: D) 2027
- India and Saudi Arabia have emerged as two final bidders to host the 2027 edition of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Asian Cup.
- Qatar, who are the current Asian champions were interested to host the 2027 Asian Cup, but had to drop out after it was announced as hosts for the 2023 edition.
- India have qualified for the AFC Asian Cup 2023, Qatar, following their table-topping performance in the third round of qualifiers.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs October 19
3. Adani Defence Systems & Technologies will acquire Air Works for how many crores?
A) Rs 400 crores
B) Rs 300 crores
C) Rs 500 crores
D) Rs 200 crores
E) Rs 600 crores
Answer: A) Rs 400 crores
- Adani Defence Systems & Technologies (ADSTL) has signed definitive agreements to acquire Air Works in a Rs 400 crore deal.
- The company said that Air Works was the country’s biggest and highly-diversified independent maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) with the largest pan-India network presence across 27 cities.
- Air Works had developed extensive operational capabilities within the country for key defence and aerospace platforms.
- From the first P-8I aircraft Phase 32 checks to Phase 48 checks and MRO on the landing gear of the Indian Air Force’s 737 VVIP aircraft, Air Works undertakes base maintenance for Air Transportation Rack (ATR) 42/72, A320 and B737 fleet of aircraft from its EASA and Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA)-certified facilities at Mumbai, Delhi, Hosur and Kochi.
4. Who among the following appointed as Revenue Secretary?
A) Sanjay Rajan
B) Sanjay Bajaj
C) Sanjay Malhotra
D) Sanjay Nayak
E) Sanjay Raj
Answer: C) Sanjay Malhotra
- The government named Financial Services Secretary Sanjay Malhotra as Revenue Secretary.
- He will succeed Tarun Bajaj, who is retiring on 30 November.
- Sanjay Malhotra who will assume the post of Officer on Special Duty in the finance ministry’s Department of Revenue.
- He will take charge after Tarun Bajaj retires.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs October 19
5. ISRO will launch _____ space vehicle to carry OneWeb satellites to outer orbit?
Answer: E) LVM3-M2
- The Indian Space Research Organisation, ISRO will launch LVM3-M2 space vehicle to carry OneWeb satellites to the outer orbit from Satish Dhawan spaceport in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- This is a historic milestone for New Space India Limited which is the commercial arm of ISRO as it enters the Global Commercial Launch Service Market.
- The New Space India Limited, NSIL has signed two launch service contracts with Network Access Associated Limited of United Kingdom to launch One Web LEO Broadband Communication Satellites on board ISRO’s heaviest launcher LVM3.
- This will be the first dedicated commercial launch of LVM3 on demand through NSIL.
- The launcher will place 36 satellites into orbit under contract.
- The LVM3 launch vehicle with two solid strap-on boosters and a liquid core stage is fully integrated at the second launch pad at spaceport in Sriharikota.
- The integration of 36 One Web satellites with the dispenser unit is also completed.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs October 19
6. BEL to manufacture Hydrogen fuel cells with technology from US-based TEV,where is the headquarters of BEL?
Answer: B) Bangalore
- Navratna defence PSU Bharat Electronics Ltd has signed an MoU with US-based Triton Electric Vehicle for manufacturing Hydrogen fuel cells with technology transfer from the latter to meet the requirements of the Indian market and mutually agreed export markets.
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) aims at tapping the demand for clean energy solutions for various applications, including e- mobility, by leveraging central government’s thrust for adoption of clean energy fuels for applications in transport and energy storage, the Bengaluru-headquartered company.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs October 19
7. Army Chief hailed indigenous weapon systems at DefExpo 2022, what is the time period of Chief of Army Staff?
A) 6 years
B) 4 years
C) 7 years
D) 3 years
E) 5 years
Answer: D) 3 years
- Army Chief General Manoj Pande exuded confidence in the indigenous weapon systems and said that these equipments were of world-class quality.
- His remarks came while addressing mediapersons at the DefExpo 2022 in Gujarat’s Gandhinagar.
- For our Make I projects, there are 2-3 major projects we’re looking at including light tanks, Future-ready Combat Vehicles and Future Infantry Combat Vehicles.
- These are partially funded by the government.
- In the Make II category, we’ve 43 projects, in which about 187 industries are participating, these amount to Rs 27,000 crore and largely pertain to improving our intelligence, and surveillance capabilities.
- We are also looking at projects in artificial intelligence.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 19
8. Who among the following launched special cleanliness drive at Chandni Chowk?
A) Anurag Thakur
B) Nirmala Sitharaman
C) Amit Shah
E) Narendra Modi
Answer: A) Anurag Thakur
- Union minister Anurag Thakur launched a special cleanliness drive at Chandni Chowk here as part of the Swachh Bharat campaign, which aims to collect 1 crore kg of plastic waste across the country.
- The Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Sports and Youth Affairs had launched the month-long campaign, being conducted across 744 districts of the country, at Prayagraj on October 1 through Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan and National Service Scheme affiliated institutions.
- The minister also asked them to participate in the ‘plog run‘ during the ‘Run for Unity‘ on October 31, the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The objectives of the Swachh Bharat 2022 programme are to organise cleaning of public spaces and households across the country from October 1 to October 31 by involving all segments of society, and government and non-government organisations.
9. Jio overtook BSNL to become largest landline service provider in August,in which year BSNL founded?
Answer: C) 2000
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio became the largest landline service provider in the country for the first time, in August.
- With 7.35 million landline connections as on August 31, Reliance Jio beat state-owned telecom operator and hitherto market leader BSNL’s 7.13 million connections, according to the latest data released by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai).
- Third-placed MTNL provided 2.6 million connections.
10. Who among the following dedicated Asia’s largest Compressed Biogas Plant CBG to people of Punjab?
A) Tribal Affairs Minister
B) Defence MInister
C) Home Minister
D) Finance Minister
E) Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister
Answer: E) Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister
- Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Hardeep Singh Puri dedicated a Asia’s largest Compressed Biogas Plant CBG to the people of Punjab.
- The plant set up in 20 acres has been commissioned with an Foreign Direct Investment of 220 crore rupees by Verbio AG one of the Germany’s leading bioenergy company.
- Mr Puri said that this plant in Sangrur district is just the beginning of India’s master plan for a CBG based rural economy.
- The CBG is the need of hour and Government is taking all steps to promote the ecosystem around it.
- Centre will continue to support states for commissioning of such projects.
- Talking about the benefits of Sangrur CBG plant for rural economy he said that this plant will consume 100,000 tons of paddy straw which will be procured from 6 to 8 satellite locations within 10 kilometre radius of the plant.
- There will be daily production of about 600-650 tons of Fermented Organic Manure which can be used for organic farming.
- The plant shall also provide direct employment to 390 and indirect employment to 585 people.
- Union Minister said that the initiatives such as this CBG plants are huge leap forward in arriving at a win-win situation for farmers and the environment.
11. PM will inaugurate ‘Indian Urban Housing Conclave-2022’ in which of the following state?
A) Madhya Pradesh
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate ‘Indian Urban Housing Conclave-2022’, IUHC2022, a three-day event being organised by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs from tomorrow at Rajkot, Gujarat.
- This Conclave will provide a platform to all stakeholders to demonstrate their technologies and they will deliberate upon various options of technologies, materials and processes for large scale adoption and mainstreaming in different type of housing construction suitable for different Geo-climatic regions of the country.
- It will help devise strategies, action plan and roadmap for achieving the vision of “Future Ready Urban India.”
- The Conclave will also help in widening the horizon and bringing technology transition in the construction sector for sustainable development.
- It will bring together all global and indigenous innovative technologies, materials and process, including those developed subsequently by various stakeholders across the world.
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri, his deputy in the Ministry Kaushal Kishore and other dignitaries from Centre and States will attend the conclave.
12. Which edition of Tribal Youth Exchange Programme held in New Delhi?
Answer: D) 14th
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports in collaboration with Ministry of Home Affairs organised 14th Tribal Youth Exchange Programme for the development of Tribal Youth in New Delhi.
- The aim of the programme is to sensitize tribal youth to rich cultural heritage of the country and to enable them to appreciate the concept of unity in diversity.
- Its objective is also to expose them to development activities and industrial advancement and help the tribal youth to develop emotional linkages with their peer groups in other parts of the country and enhance their self-esteem.
- 220 selected youth in the age group of 18 to 22 years are participating in the programme from Left Wing Extremism-affected districts of Sukma and Rajnandgaon of Chhattisgarh, Balaghat district of Madhya Pradesh and Jamui of Bihar.
13. How many crore given to over 25,000 beneficiaries under ‘Ashirwad’ scheme in current financial year: Punjab minister?
A) Rs 129.29 crore
B) Rs 159.59 crore
C) Rs 139.39 crore
D) Rs 169.69 crore
E) Rs 149.49 crore
Answer: A) Rs 129.29 crore
- The Punjab government has spent Rs 129.29 crore on 25,399 beneficiaries of ‘Ashirwad’ scheme in the current financial year, minister Baljit Kaur.
- A total of Rs 161.31 crore has been earmarked this financial year under the scheme, which offers Rs 51,000 to women from Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other backward classes for marriage.
- Kaur, Minister of Social justice, Empowerment and Minorities, said the government is committed to the welfare of SCs, STs and economically weaker sections.
- In order to avail the scheme, the applicant, apart from belonging to a backward class, should be a permanent resident of Punjab and a BPL card holder.
14. Railways will develop how many cargo terminals under PM Gati Shakti in 3 years?
Answer: C) 100
- The Ministry of Railways said that 100 cargo terminals will be developed during the next three years under the PM Gati Shakti master plan.
- So far, 15 GCTs (Gati Shakti Multi-Modal Cargo Terminal) have been commissioned and around 96 more locations have been provisionally identified for development of GCTs.
15. India’s domestic passenger volume rose how many percent to 10 mn in September?
Answer: E) 64.61%
- Domestic air passenger volume grew 64.61 per cent to 10.35 million in September over the same period last year, according to a data released by aviation safety regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
- Indian domestic carriers (excluding newly launched Akasa Air) had flown a total of 7.66 million passengers on the local routes.
- Akasa Air commenced its flight services on domestic routes from August 7 this year.
- The average passenger load factor of these carriers stood at 77.5 per cent against 72.5 per cent PLF delivered in August 2022.
- In terms of market share, leading carrier IndiGo cornered 57 per cent of the total domestic traffic pie, carrying 59.72 lakh passengers across its domestic network followed by full service carrier Vistara, which flew 9.96 lakh passengers with 9.6 per cent market share.
- The combined market share of Vistara, Air India and AirAsia India stood at 24.7 per cent in September.
- Besides, Vistara also had the best on-time performance with 91 per cent of its flights arriving and departing from four key airports Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Bengaluru on time.
- In Vistara, Tata Group holds 49 per cent while in AirAsia India, it has 83.67 per cent holding.
- Moreover, Tata Group regained the control of Air India on January 27 this year following its privatisation.
Over All Review
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology
Environment and Energy