Daily Current Affairs October 20
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 20. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 20| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs October 20
1. Fifth Khelo India Youth Games 2022 will be held in which of the following state?
A) Madhya Pradesh
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Madhya Pradesh
- The Fifth Khelo India Youth Games -2022 will be held in the State of Madhya Pradesh.
- This was announced by Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Singh Thakur at an event in New Delhi in presence of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- Khelo India Youth Games will be held at eight locations.
- More than 8 thousand 500 athletes and sportspersons are expected to participate in the sporting event.
- Khelo India Youth Games was started in 2016 and provided a very effective platform for the youth of the country to showcase their performance and talents in sports.
- Madhya Pradesh is now showing its excellence in every sector and State Chief Minister has improved the infrastructure of sports and built up a big infrastructure of shooting and water sports
- Speaking to reporters Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Minister Anurag Singh Thakur for providing the opportunity to organize the Khelo India Youth Games in his State.
- Mr Chouhan assured that the State government will leave no stone unturned in organizing the event in most spectacular way.
- The games will be held at different places in the State including Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, Ujjain, and Jabalpur.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 20
2. Paytm gaining from online transactions; firm deployed ___ million devices just in July-September quarter?
A) 3 mn
B) 5 mn
C) 1 mn
D) 4 mn
E) 2 mn
Answer: C) 1 mn
- The growth of digital payments in India has been significant, especially over the past couple of years when millions of merchants transitioned towards accepting online payments from consumers.
- This change in consumer behaviour has led to the massive popularity of payment-based devices.
- Amidst the online payments boom in India, Paytm – India’s leading digital payments and financial services company — has played a significant role in empowering merchants with its payment-based devices such as QR, All-in-one POS and Soundbox.
- Such is the popularity of Paytm’s devices among merchants that the company is now witnessing 10 lakh deployments per quarter, helping it further strengthen its offline payments vertical.
- In a regulatory filing to stock exchanges on October 10, Paytm said its total device deployment base has exceeded 48 lakhs as of Q2 FY23, compared to 38 lakhs at the end of Q1FY23.
- It effectively added 1 million new deployments during the second quarter.
3. LIC launched ‘Dhan Varsha’ — single premium savings and protection plan, in which year LIC founded?
Answer: E) 1956
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) launched ‘Dhan Varsha’, a close-ended single premium plan offering savings and protection.
- The individual the non-participating plan will be available for sale until the end of the current financial year, and will have a tenure of 10 years or 15 years.
- Dhan Varsha offers to provide financial support for the family in case of unfortunate death of the life assured during the policy term.
- It also provides a guaranteed lump sum amount on the maturity date for the surviving life assured.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs October 20
4. India making efforts to achieve how many billion USD turnover in defence production by 2025?
A) $ 20 billion
B) $ 22 billion
C) $ 24 billion
D) $ 21 billion
E) $ 23 billion
Answer: B) $ 22 billion
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said the central government is making efforts to achieve a turnover of USD 22 billion by 2025 in defence production.
- Speaking at the ‘Invest in Defence‘ event as part of the ongoing Defence Expo 2022 in Gujaray capital Gandhinagar, Singh also appealed to investors to approach him or defence ministry officials without any hesitation to resolve issues.
- He appealed to private players to come forward and invest in the Indian defence industry, saying it is at an important juncture.
- Not just large corporates, even start-ups and MSMEs (micro small and medium enterprises) are now associated with the defence sector.
- This is the golden period for the defence sector.
- The Indian defence industry is the sunrise sector of the future.
- The government is making efforts to take domestic defence production from the current USD 12 billion to USD 22 billion by 2025.
- We may even surpass this target of USD 22 billion.
- There is no dearth of opportunities in the defence sector.
- India is marching ahead in fulfilling the demands of the world in this sector.
5. CCI imposed over how many crore penalties on online travel firms MakeMyTrip, Goibibo and OYO?
A) Rs 391 crores
B) Rs 393 crores
C) Rs 395 crores
D) Rs 392 crores
E) Rs 394 crores
Answer: D) Rs 392 crores
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) has slapped penalties totalling more than 392 crore rupees on online travel firms including MakeMyTrip, Goibibo and OYO for adopting unfair business practices.
- The decision has been taken by the CCI against MakeMyTrip and GoIbibo for abusing their dominant position and also for having anti-competitive arrangements with OYO.
- The CCI examined the parity obligation which MMT-Go was imposing wide price parity as well as room availability parity obligations on its hotel partners.
- CCI found that the deep discounts and parity conditions create an ecosystem that reinforces MMT-Go’s dominant position in the relevant market.
- CCI observed that MMT-Go is a dominant player in the relevant market and consumers heavily rely on results being shown on MMT-Go’s website.
- It said, any misrepresentation of information on MMT-Go’s platform could affect the perspective of the consumer.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 20
6. Who among the following appointed as Prime Minister of Sweden?
A) Ulf Kristersson
B) Rodrigo Duterte
C) Alikhan Samilov
D) Joko Widodo
E) Ebrahim Raisi
Answer: A) Ulf Kristersson
- Country : Sweden
- Position : Prime Minister
- Appointed : Ulf Kristersson
- Succeeded : Magdalena Andersson (1st Women Prime Minister)
7. ISRO designated Dr Sankarasubramanian as the Principal Scientist of the ____ mission?
Answer: C) Aditya-L1
- The Indian Space Research Organisation said Dr. Sankarasubramanian K has been designated as the Principal Scientist of the Aditya-L1 mission.
- Aditya-L1 is the first observatory-class space-based solar mission from India.
Dr. Sankarasubramanian K. is a senior solar scientist at the U R Rao Satellite Centre (URSC), Bengaluru.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs October 20
8. Who among the following facilitied Young Industrialist Rohit Somani from Indore with Excellence Award?
A) Hardeep Singh Puri
B) Jithendra Singh
C) Anurag Singh Thakur
D) Arjun Munda
E) Ashwini Vaishnav
Answer: E) Ashwini Vaishnav
- Young and renowned Entrepreneur from Indore, Rohit Somani has been recognised for his significant contributions in bringing state of art technologies and solutions in the field of Food and Grains Processing by Ashwini Vaishnav, a very distinguished Union Cabinet Minister for Railways, Communication, Electronics & IT of Modi Government, in an award ceremony held at the Hotel ‘The Imperial’, Janpath, New Delhi.
- Somani brings a trust and quality symbol and standard with its state of art Technology driven Machines, which are tested and certified by Govt. of India.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 20
9. Prime Minister held bilateral talks with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, how many members are there in United Nation?
Answer: B) 193
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold bilateral talks with the UN Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres in Kevadiya, Gujarat.
- They will also pay floral tributes at the Statue of Unity.
- Antonio Guterres will join Prime Minister Modi at the launch of the Mission LiFE (Lifestyle for Environment) booklet, logo, and tagline at the same venue.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar held a bilateral meeting with Mr Guterres at Ekta Nagar in Kevadia.
- Mr Gutress, who is on a three-day official visit to India, reached Gujarat.
- He will participate in the 10th Heads of Missions Conference, at Kevadiya and visit 24×7 Solar Powered Village ‘Modhera’ and the world-famous Sun Temple at Modhera in Mahesana.
- UN Secretary-General will also interact with locals at Modhera.
- Mr Gutress is visiting India for the first time since he commenced his second term.
- On the first leg of his visit, he paid tributes to the victims of the 26/11 terror attacks at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai.
- He also delivered an address at IIT Mumbai on India @75: UN-India Partnership: Strengthening South-South Cooperation.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 20
10. PM Modi participated in ‘Griha Pravesham’ of over how many lakh PMAY beneficiaries in Madhya Pradesh on Dhanteras?
A) 4.51 lakh
B) 3.51 lakh
C) 5.51 lakh
D) 6.51 lakh
E) 7.51 lakh
Answer: A) 4.51 lakh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate in ‘Griha Pravesham‘ of about 4.51 Lakh beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin in Madhya Pradesh’s Satna on the occasion of Dhanteras via video conferencing.
- The Prime Minister will also address the gathering on the occasion.
- A PMO release said it has been a constant endeavour of the Prime Minister to provide each citizen of the country a house of her own with all basic amenities and the programme marks yet another step in this direction.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, about 38 lakh houses have been sanctioned so far in Madhya Pradesh and construction of about 29 lakh houses have been completed at a cost of more than Rs 35,000 crore.
- The Prime Minister will launch Mission LiFE, followed by his participation in the 10th Heads of Missions Conference in Kevadia, after which he will lay the foundation stone of various development initiatives at Vyara.
- After concluding his visit to Gujarat, PM Modi will head towards the spiritual destinations of Kedarnath and Badrinath, where he will lay the foundation stone of connectivity projects worth around Rs 3,500 crore.
11. CMFRI, Andaman admin inked MoU on marine fish catch data collection,where is the headquarters CMFRI?
Answer: D) Kochi
- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)-affiliated Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) and the Andaman and Nicobar Administration entered into an agreement on online data collection of marine fish catch at various places in the archipelago.
- The data collection was launched on the same day when the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was entered into.
- As part of the agreement, CMFRI introduced its sampling methodology for the estimation and analysis of the catch data through Fish Catch Survey and Analysis (FCSA) software from 74 landing centres of the islands by using electronic tablets.
12. PM-Kisan scheme benefit discontinued for over 1.5 million farmers in which of the following state?
A) Madhya Pradesh
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Jharkhand
- The financial benefit under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan) has been discontinued for over 15.27 lakh people in Jharkhand as they fail to provide the necessary documents.
- The Union Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Ministry has sought a report on beneficiaries from all the states including Jharkhand.
- The government is also identifying those who fraudulently took the benefits under the scheme.
- The amount paid to such people will be recovered by the government.
- In Jharkhand, as many as 15.27 lakh beneficiaries, who either have not submitted the land documents or have not updated the KYC, are under the government’s radar.
- Out of these 15.27 lakh beneficiaries, 11.2 lakh people have not submitted the land documents while 4.07 lakh farmers have not updated the KYC.
- In May 2019, over 30.97 lakh farmers had registered under the scheme in the state.
They were also paid the financial benefit till four to six installments.
- But now the government has stopped sending the financial aid to 15.27 lakh people as they failed to provide the required documents.
13. Who among the following launched draft of National Credit Framework for public consultation?
A) Hardeep Singh Puri
B) Dharmendra Pradhan
C) Anurag Singh Thakur
D) Arjun Munda
E) Ashwini Vaishnav
Answer: B) Dharmendra Pradhan
- Union Minister of Education Dharmendra Pradhan has launched the draft of National Credit Framework (NCF) for public consultation.
- The Government has developed it to enable the integration of academic and vocational domains to ensure flexibility and mobility between them.
- The Framework would be a game changer by opening numerous options for further progression of students and inter-mingling of school and higher education with vocational education and experiential learning.
- It will also enable students who have dropped out of mainstream education to re-enter the education ecosystem.
- National Credit Framework is a next-generation, multidimensional instrument under National Education Policy, 2020.
- National Credit Framework is an umbrella framework for skilling, re-skilling, up-skilling, accreditation, and evaluation encompassing our people in educational & skilling institutions and workforce.
- Mr. Pradhan appealed to all institutions, schools, ITIs, AICTE-affiliated engineering colleges, centrally-funded Higher Education Institutions, state universities, and regulatory authorities to host the public consultation for the Framework on their website.
14. Finance Ministry released how many crores to four States for providing grants to Million Plus Urban Cities?
A) Rs 1647 crores
B) Rs 1674 crores
C) Rs 1476 crores
D) Rs 1764 crores
E) Rs 1746 crores
Answer: D) Rs 1764 crores
- Ministry of Finance released an amount of one thousand 764 crore to four States for providing grants to Million Plus Urban Cities.
- Of the total amount, 136 crore rupees was released to Andhra Pradesh, 109 crore rupees to Chhattisgarh, 799 crore rupees to Maharashtra and 720 crore rupees to Uttar Pradesh.
- The grant was released to Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam of Andhra Pradesh, Durg Bhilainagar and Raipur in Chhattisgarh, Aurangabad, Greater Mumbai, Nagpur Nashik, Pune and Vasai-Virar City in Maharashtra and in Uttar Pradesh it was given to Agra, Allahabad, Ghaziabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut and Varanasi.
- Out of the total grants recommended by the 15th Finance Commission for Million Plus Cities and Urban Agglomerations, more than two- third is recommended for Solid Waste Management component and the remaining is allocated for Ambient Air quality.
- The Ministry said, so far a total grant of nearly 4 thousand 762 crore rupees were released to Urban Local Bodies in 2022-23.
15. Which of the following state government provided fortified rice to needy to prevent starvation deaths?
A) Madhya Pradesh
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: E) Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh Food Commission is working to provide food security to all the poor and needy, Commission Chairman Ch Vijaya Pratap Reddy.
- He participated in the panel’s general body meeting.
- As per the National Food Security Act, Andhra Pradesh State is providing fortified food to all those who are eligible through various programs to ensure that there are no deaths due to hunger, Pratap Reddy said and added that since August 2017, the food commission has been functioning in the State.
- He will complete inspecting all centres in the State by December and review the benefits received by the poor beneficiaries through the schemes implemented by the State government for food security.
- The commission will review the schemes related to food security such as public distribution system, schemes implemented by women and child development organizations, mid-day meal scheme, food and accommodation for welfare hostel students, implementation of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana scheme in all districts and take appropriate action.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy