Daily Current Affairs October 18
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 18. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 18| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs October 18
1. BCCI Annual General Meeting approved Women’s IPL in which year?
Answer: C) 2023
- The Women’s Indian Premier League (IPL) is set to take place in 2023 after the 91st Annual General Meeting of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) gave it a green signal.
- Women’s Indian Premier League (WIPL) is set to start as a five-team tournament next year immediately after the conclusion of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup on February 26.
- As per ESPNCricinfo, BCCI’s proposal plan consists of 22 matches and each squad will feature 18 players, with a maximum of six overseas players.
- More than five overseas players cannot feature in a playing XI at the same time, with four players from a full-member nation and one from an associate team.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 18
2. RBI imposed how many lakh monetary penalty on Cooperative Bank of Rajkot?
A) Rs 2 lakh
B) Rs 5 lakh
C) Rs 3 lakh
D) Rs 6 lakh
E) Rs 4 lakh
Answer: A) Rs 2 lakh
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 2 lakh on Gujarat-based The Co-operative Bank of Rajkot for non-compliance with regulations related to awareness schemes.
- The RBI issued an order dated October 13, 2022 in this regard.
- This penalty has been imposed in the exercise of powers vested in RBI under the provisions of Section 47 A (1) (c) read with Sections 46 (4) (i) and 56 of the Act, taking into account the failure of the bank to adhere to the aforesaid directions issued by RBI.
3. SBI hiked interest rate on savings deposits above Rs 10 crore by how many bps?
A) 60 bps
B) 30 bps
C) 40 bps
D) 20 bps
E) 50 bps
Answer: B) 30 bps
- The country’s largest lender, State Bank of India (SBI), has hiked interest rates on savings bank deposits of over Rs 10 crore by 30 basis points, with effect from October 15.
- Accordingly, deposits of Rs 10 crore and above will attract an interest rate of 3 per cent from now as opposed to 2.70 per cent earlier.
- However, deposits up to Rs 10 crore will continue to attract 2.70 per cent interest rate.
- Deposit rates have not moved in tandem with lending rates despite the monetary policy committee (MPC) of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) raising the benchmark repo rate by 190 bps since May this year.
4. Which of the following Bank launched ‘KBL Centenary Deposit Scheme’?
A) Federal Bank
B) DBS Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) Karnataka Bank
E) Axis Bank
Answer: D) Karnataka Bank
- As a precursor to its centenary year in 2023-24, Karnataka Bank has launched a term deposit scheme — ‘KBL Centenary Deposit Scheme’ — with effect from October 17.
- Quoting Mahabaleshwara MS, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the bank, a statement said the bank has launched a unique term deposit scheme ‘KBL Centenary Deposit Scheme’ with higher rate of interest in order to mark the glorious journey towards centenary and to reward its patrons.
- This deposit will be for a period of 555 days with interest rate of 7.20 per cent.
- The rate of interest will be 7.60 per cent for senior citizens.
- He said it is a golden opportunity to the customers to save and invest to realize better returns.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs October 18
5. 5G, telecom jobs in India see 33.7 % growth in last how months?
A) 12 months
B) 17 months
C) 14 months
D) 13 months
E) 16 months
Answer: A) 12 months
- Job postings for 5G and telecommunications have witnessed significant uptick in the last 12 months, as enterprises are looking at 5G adoption at an accelerated pace.
- According to global job site Indeed, job postings for telecommunications and 5G have increased by 33.7 per cent between September 2021 and September 2022.
- The report further noted that clicks for Customer Service Representatives and Operations Associates have increased by 13.91 per cent and 8.22 per cent, respectively, in the last one month.
- The data also revealed that the average salary for top job roles such as technical support, BPO executive and customer service representative was Rs 3,53,298, Rs 3,29,520 and Rs 3,06,680, respectively.
- The report is based on analysis of job posting data from September 2021 till September 2022 on the Indeed platform.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs October18
6. ONGC Videsh bids to retake how many percent stake in Russia’s Sakhalin-1?
Answer: B) 20%
- ONGC Videsh Ltd, the overseas arm of state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), is making a proposal to retake 20 per cent stake in Russia’s Sakhalin-1 oil and gas project in the far east.
- OVL has stakes in 33 oil and gas assets in 15 countries, most of these being exploration assets.
- Sakhalin-1 is one of the oldest investments of OVL, where it has recovered all the money sunk in and was enjoying dividends.
- Sakhalin-1 is a large oil and gas field in far-east offshore Russia, spread over 1,140 square kilometers, which includes three offshore fields namely Chayvo, Odoptu and ArkutunDagi. OVL acquired a 20 per cent stake in the project in July 2001.
- Sakhalin-1 was producing 220,000 barrels per day of oil before the Ukraine war. Of this OVL’s share was 44,000 bpd or 2.2 million tonnes per annum.
- Exxon Neftegas Limited (ENL) and Sodeco held a 30 per cent stake each. The remaining 20 per cent is held by Russia’s Rosneft through its subsidiaries SMNG (11.5 per cent) and RN Astra (8.5 per cent).
- Sources said Russian authorities have incorporated a new operator – also named Sakhalin-1 – as a limited liability company with a foundation capital of just 10,000 rubles (USD 160).
- The new entity is managed by Rosneft subsidiary Sakhalinmorneftegaz-shelf (SMNG).
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs October 18
7. Delhi will get how many electric vehicle charging stations in two months?
Answer: C) 100
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said the national capital would get 100 electric vehicle charging stations in the next two months.
- Kejriwal inaugurated 11 charging stations and said the facilities would also include battery swapping points
- Earlier, battery swapping points and charging stations were different but these have now been clubbed together.
- These 11 stations have 73 charging points.
- In the next two months, Delhi will get 100 charging stations.
8. Suzlon bags order will supply wind turbines totalling how many MW to Adani Green Energy?
A) 48.3 MW
B) 34.7 MW
C) 39.2 MW
D) 49.2 MW
E) 45.8 MW
Answer: A) 48.3 MW
- Suzlon has bagged an order to supply 23 wind turbines totalling 48.3 MW from Adani Green Energy.
- Suzlon will install 23 units of their wind turbine generators (WTGs) with a Hybrid Lattice Tubular (HLT) tower and a rated capacity of 2.1 MW each.
- The project is located in Mandvi, Kutch Gujarat and is expected to be commissioned in 2023.
- This order is a repeat order from Adani Green Energy and is in addition to the existing order of 226.8 MW as announced on 13th August 2021.
9. Solar manufacturing PLI will create how many Gw addl capacity in India?
A) 60 Gw
B) 80 Gw
C) 50 Gw
D) 90 Gw
E) 70 Gw
Answer: D) 90 Gw
- The union minister for power, new and renewable energy said India will have more than 65 per cent of its power generation from renewable energy sources by 2030.
- He also said initiatives by the Centre including the Production Linked Scheme (PLI) scheme will ensure India to have a 90 Gw solar module capacity.
- The minister said India already has 42 per cent of non-fossil fuel capacity (including hydro power) as of 2021.
- Our established capacity is 170-odd Gw of non-fossil.
- We have about another 80 Gw under construction.
- That makes it 250 Gw.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 18
10. India’s oilmeal exports in current financial year rise by how many per cent?
Answer: B) 39%
- India’s oilmeal exports during the first half of the current financial year – April to September – were 39 per cent higher year-on-year at around 1.77 million tonnes, data compiled by vegetable oil industry body The Solvent Extractors’ Association of India (SEA).
- During the same period last fiscal, the export of oilmeals was at 1.27 million tonnes.
- Oilmeals are basically the residue left over after the extraction of oil from oilseeds, and they are widely used as livestock feed. In September, exports of oilmeals were provisionally reported at 240,669 tonnes, compared to 183,837 tonnes in September 2021 — up by 31 per cent.
- South Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Bangladesh, and Taiwan are some of India’s major oilmeal destinations.
- During April-September 2022, South Korea imported 529,201 tonnes of oilmeals, Vietnam imported 311,046 tonnes, Thailand imported 358,191 tonnes, Bangladesh sourced 178,017 tonnes, and Taiwan imported 61,838 tonnes of oilmeals.
11. Cabinet approved increase in MSPs for rabi crops,what is the increase in MSP for lentil per quintal?
A) Rs 700
B) Rs 300
C) Rs 600
D) Rs 400
E) Rs 500
Answer: E) Rs 500
- Union minister Anurag Thakur announced that the government has approved the minimum support prices (MSPs) for all rabi crops for marketing season 2023-24.
- The minister said the absolute highest increase in MSP approved for lentil (masoor) is at Rs 500 per quintal; wheat is at Rs 110 per quintal; barley is at Rs 100 per quintal; gram is at Rs 105 per quintal, rapeseed and mustard is at Rs 400 per quintal and safflower is at Rs 209 per quintal.
- The actual MSP for wheat, barley, gram, masoor, rapeseed and mustard, and safflower during 2022-23 were at Rs 2,015, Rs 1,635, Rs 5,230, Rs 5,500, Rs 5,050, and Rs 5,441 per quintal, respectively.
12. India’s first Global Women’s Health Innovation Conference to highlight potential of femtech & digital innovations will be held in which of the following state?
Answer: D) Mumbai
- Global Women’s Health Innovation Conference to be held in Mumbai, India.
- Aligned with the vision of National Health Authority (NHA), the implementing agency for Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) to build a national digital health ecosystem.
- India’s leading health tech providers, practitioners and policy makers come together to build a stronger and more supportive ecosystem for women’s health.
- Learnings in how to successfully tap in to the Femtech market in India which is estimated to be worth 71 Billion dollars by 2026 and the wider digital health ecosystem that will be substantially higher Mumbai (Maharashtra) will host India’s first health conference dedicated to advancing women’s health through technologies on 12 and 13 December 2022.
13. Kati Bihu being observed across which of the following state?
C) Arunachal Pradesh
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Assam
- In Assam, Kati Bihu is being observed across the state.
- Kati or Kongali Bihu, marks a crucial phase of the year for every farming household in terms of the beginning of the harvest season and the relocation time of rice saplings.
- People of Assam will light lamps outside their homes as well as in paddy fields in the evening praying for a better crop in the next season.
- People also plant a Tulsi outside their homes and worship Goddess Lakshmi.
- Assam Governor Prof. Jagdish Mukhi, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma and other senior leaders wished people on the occasion of the Kati bihu.
14. PM Modi laid foundation stone of projects worth around how many crores in Gujarat?
A) Rs 17560 crore
B) Rs 16750 crore
C) Rs 15670 crore
D) Rs 15760 crore
E) Rs 16570 crore
Answer: C) Rs 15670 crore
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Gujarat and lay the foundation stone of projects worth around 15 thousand 670 crore rupees.
- During the two-day visit, he will lay the foundation stone of various development projects worth around three thousand 580 crore rupees in Junagadh.
- He will lay the foundation stone for improvement of coastal highways along with construction of missing links.
- In the first phase of this project, total highway length of over 270 Kilometre will be covered across 13 districts.
- Mr Modi will also dedicate and lay the foundation stone of projects worth around five thousand 860 crore rupees in Rajkot.
- Mr Modi will also inaugurate the DefExpo22 in Gandhinagar.
- The Expo, being held under the theme Path to Pride, will witness the largest-ever participation in Indian Defence Expo held till date.
- The event will showcase expansive scope and scale of Indian defence manufacturing prowess.
- The Expo will have an India Pavilion and ten state pavilions.
15. Kerala government will ink deal with which of the following state on rice?
C) Arunachal Pradesh
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: E) Andhra Pradesh
- The Kerala government has sought the state to supply 60,000 metric tons of MTU 3626 (Bondalu) Jaya variety rice to them.
- An agreement in this regard will be signed by both governments soon, said Civil Supplies Minister Karumuri Venkata Nageswara Rao.
- Kerala Civil Supplies Minister GR Anil along with his officials called on Nageswara Rao at the Civil Supplies Office.
- The duo discussed supplying and procuring various commodities between both the states. Disclosing the details before the media, Nageswara Rao said that Kerala is buying 60,000 metric tonnes of Jaya variety of rice from Andhra Pradesh every year along with pulses, pesal, millet, red chillies etc.
- In this regard, the Kerala Government wants to enter into an agreement with the AP.
- The Kerala government has informed that 550 tonnes of chillies will be required per month.
- A delegation from Kerala led by GR Anil has expressed their interest in entering into an agreement with the AP Civil Supplies Department and MarkFed for supply of jaya rice and red chillies to meet the demand of Kerala consumers.
- The Kerala delegation informed that 4,500 tonnes of jaya rice and 550 tonnes of dry chillies are needed every month.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Environment and Energy