Daily Current Affairs October 07
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 07. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 07| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 07
1. RBI asked credit info companies to appoint internal ombudsman by ______?
A) September 1 2023
B) August1 2023
C) July1 2023
D) June1 2023
E) April 1 2023
Answer: E) April 1 2023
- The Reserve Bank asked Credit Information Companies to appoint internal ombudsman by April 1 next year in order to improve the efficiency of their grievance redressal mechanisms.
- The Internal Ombudsman (IO) will not handle complaints received directly from the complainants or members of the public and, instead, deal only with the complaints that have already been examined by the CIC but have been partly or wholly rejected by the CIC.
- In order to make the Reserve Bank-Integrated Ombudsman Scheme (RB-IOS) 2021 more broad based, the central bank in August this year had decided to bring CICs also under the ambit of the scheme.
- The RBI had said the move will provide a cost-free alternate redressal mechanism to customers of regulated entities for grievances against CICs.
2. Which of the following Bank launched app for merchants?
A) Axis Bank
B) Federal Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) DBS Bank
E) ICICI Bank
Answer: C) HDFC Bank
- HDFC Bank launched SmartHubVyapar Merchant app, a payments and banking solution for merchants’ daily business needs.
- The app allows merchants to accept interoperable payments across multiple modes, including cards — tap and pay, UPI, and QR code, and enables instant, digital, and paperless merchant onboarding for bank customers.
- According to the company, merchants can also accept remote payments by sending a payment link via mobile or email.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs October 07
3. RattanIndiawill acquire how many percent stake in electric motorcycles maker Revolt?
Answer: A) 100%
- RattanIndia Enterprises Ltd announced that it will acquire 100 percent stake in electric motorcycle maker Revolt Motors.
- The company had earlier acquired 33.84 percent of the shares with an option to further increase the shareholding.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs October 07
4. Who among the following minister launched book “Modi@20: Dreams Meet Delivery” in Auckland?
A) Home Affairs Minister
B) External Affairs Minister
C) Finance Minister
D) Education Minister
E) Prime Minister
Answer: B) External Affairs Minister
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar participated in the Kiwi Indian Hall of Fame Awards 2022 and launched the book “Modi@20: Dreams Meet Delivery” in Auckland.
- New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern was also present during the event.
- The event felicitated members of the Indian community in New Zealand for their exceptional achievements and contributions.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 07
5. Who among the following appointed as brand ambassador of Walkaroo?
A) Sharuk Khan
B) Ranbir Kapon
C) Amir Khan
D) Ajay Devgn
E) Salman Khan
Answer: D) Ajay Devgn
- Footwear brand Walkaroo International Ltd has roped in Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn as its brand ambassador.
- The company would unveil a series of television commercials featuring the actor.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs October 07
6. Annie Ernaux awarded Nobel Prize in literature,she belongs to which of the following country?
Answer: A) France
- French author Annie Ernaux, who mined her own biography to explore life in France since the 1940s, was awarded this year’s Nobel Prize in literature for work that illuminates murky corners of memory, family and society.
7. Nobel Prize in Chemistry jointly awarded to how many scientists?
Answer: C) 3
- The Nobel Prize in Chemistry has been jointly awarded to Carolyn Bertozzi, Morton Meldal and Barry Sharpless for their work on snipping molecules together, known as click chemistry.
- “Click” chemistry is about linking together molecules like those in living cells.
- Their work is used to explore cells and track biological processes and can be applied in cancer treatment drugs.
- Johan Aqvist, a member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences announced the winners at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden.
- The Nobel committee praised their work for making chemistry functional and said they had an enormous impact on science.
- Americans Carolyn Bertozzi and Barry Sharpless, and Danish scientist Morten Meldal were cited for their work on click chemistry and bioorthogonal reactions.
- These are used to make cancer drugs, map DNA and create materials that are tailored to a specific purpose.
- Eighty-one-year-old Sharpless, who previously won a Nobel Prize in 2001 and is now the fifth person to receive the award twice, first proposed the idea of connecting molecules using chemical “buckles” around the turn of the millennium.
- Sixty-eight-year-old Meldal is based at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark, and Sharpless is affiliated with Scripps Research, California.
- Fifty-five-year-old Bertozzi is based at Stanford University in California.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs October 07
8. NTPC ropes in GE Gas Power to reduce CO2 emissions at plants in which of the following state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
C) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Gujarat
- State-owned NTPC has roped in GE Gas Power to help it reduce carbon emissions at its 645 MW Kawas gas power plant in Gujarat.
- Both companies have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in this regard.
- NTPC’s MW Kawas gas power plant is powered by four GE 9E gas turbines operating in a combined-cycle mode and has an installed capacity of 645 megawatt.
- Under this pact, GE Gas Power will evaluate the possible modifications to the gas turbine unit and auxiliaries required for blending of H2 with natural gas.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs October 07
9. Who among the following inducted indigenous 4×4 armoured terrain vehicles to enhance operational capabilities in J&K?
B) Indian Army
C) Indian Navy
D) Indian Air Force
Answer: B) Indian Army
- In Jammu and Kashmir, in order to enhance the operational capabilities in difficult and challenging terrains of Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh, the Army inducted much awaited indigenous 4×4 armoured terrain vehicles in the armory.
- AIR Jammu Correspondent reports that the first consignment of specialized armoured vehicles was formally received by General Officer Commanding-in-Chief (GOC-in-C) Northern Command, Lieutenant General Upendra Dwivedi from officials of India’s Bharat Forge Limited in Command headquarters Udhampur.
- The Northern Command deployed the vehicles for Quick Reaction Force (QRF), the specialized unit capable of rapidly responding to emergent situations.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 07
10. Which of the following country tied up with Kerala govt to replicate Little KITEs model?
Answer: D) Finland
- Finland has expressed interest in implementing the Kerala Education Department’s Little KITEs programme in their country’s schools.
- Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE) will provide technical assistance for this and a Special Working Group will be constituted for this programme.
- The Little KITEs IT clubs initiative is one of India’s largest information and communications technology (ICT) network of students across more than 2,000 schools, totalling 1.70 lakh student members.
- KITE is equipped to provide consultancy support in free and open-source software (FOSS)-based digital education activities to other states and countries, said K AnvarSadath, CEO, KITE.
- Little KITE members will be trained in electronics, animation, hardware, cyber-safety, 3D modelling, artificial intelligence (AI) and so on.
- This year, they have trained over four lakh parents in cyber-safety.
- Further, 9,000 robotic kits would be deployed to schools this year through the Little KITEs units, he added.
- The Little KITEs programme was launched by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan in 2018.
11. Finance Ministry released how many crores grant to 14 states?
A) Rs 7183 crores
B) Rs 7138 crores
C) Rs 7813 crores
D) Rs 7831 crores
E) Rs 7381 crores
Answer: A) Rs 7183 crores
- The Finance Ministry released the monthly instalment of revenue deficit grant of Rs 7,183 crore to 14 states.
- With the release of seventh instalment for the month of October, 2022, the total amount of Revenue Deficit Grants released to the states in current fiscal has gone up to Rs 50,282.92 crore.
- The Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant is released based on the recommendation of the 15th Finance Commission to 14 states — Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tripura, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.
12. Who among the following under Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission scheme introduced QR Code based rapid OPD registration?
D) Women and Child Development Ministry
E) Health Ministry
Answer: C) NHA
- The National Health Authority under its flagship scheme Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission has introduced QR Code based rapid OPD registration in the hospital.
- This service allows old as well as new patients to simply scan a QR Code and share their demographic details like name, father name, age, gender, address and mobile number with the hospital.
13. J&K Tourism department inaugurated_____ Bird Festival at Pahalgam in South Kashmir?
Answer: E) 1st
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, a first of its kind Bird Festival 2022 was inaugurated at Pahalgam in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district.
- The Bird Festival is being organised by the J & K Tourism Department in collaboration with Sanctuary Nature Foundation.
- Secretary Tourism J&K, Sarmad Hafeez inaugurated the festival.
- Addressing the gathering of nature lovers and bird enthusiasts, he said, the department’s partnership with the Sanctuary Nature Foundation will not only help in promoting tourism in Kashmir but also bring to the fore those aspects of the tourism sector which are yet to be explored.
- The inaugural ceremony of the six-day Bird Festival was attended by a large number of nature enthusiasts and bird lovers from across the country as well as Jammu and Kashmir.
14. Which of the following state celebrated annual festival Sirimanotsavam?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) Andhra Pradesh
C) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Andhra Pradesh
- Vizianagaram in Andhra Pradesh is gearing up for the annual Sirimanotsavam, which will be held on October 11.
- It is a major festival of the presiding deity of Vizianagaram town Sri Pydithalli Ammavari Jatara.
- The major tribal- folk Festival in North coastal Andhra Pradesh remained a low-key affair in the past two years due to Covid- 19.
- Traditionally, SirimanotsavamJatara is celebrated on the first Tuesday after the Dussehra festival every year.
- This annual fete also known as SirimanuPanduga is expected to draw four to five lakh people from different parts of Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, and Chhattisgarh.
- Devotees will witness the spectacle of the priest sitting atop a 55-foot pole (made of a tree trunk, Sirimanu) in regal robes to be taken around the Fort in Vizianagaram.
- The priest blesses devotees, and the chariot covers the thoroughfares of Vizianagaram.
15. Which of the following State/UT launched month-long intensive anti-dust campaign?
A) Jammu and Kashmir
C) Himachal Pradesh
D) New Delhi
Answer: D) New Delhi
- Delhi government has launched a month-long intensive anti-dust campaign.
- Delhi Environment Minister Gopal Rai said under the campaign, the construction sites will have to compulsorily follow all the 14 anti-dust norms.
- On violation of anti-dust norms at construction sites, fines ranging from 10 thousand to 5 lakh rupees will be imposed by the government as per National Green Tribunal guidelines.
- A total of 586 teams including 33 Delhi Pollution Control Committee, DPCC teams have been formed to monitor the implementation of this campaign.
- The 14 antidust rules include building huge tin walls around the construction sites in order to stop the dust from spreading and covering construction or demolition work with tents or nets.
- Delhi government has urged people to complain on the Green Delhi App by clicking photographs if they come across someone not following these rules.
- The anti-dust campaign will end on 6th of November.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Acquisitions and Mergers
Books and Authors
Environment and Energy