Daily Current Affairs October 08&09
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 08. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 08&09| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs October 08&09
1. Indian Air Force Day is observed on?
A) October 7
B) October 5
C) October 8
D) October 6
E) October 9
Answer: C) October 8
- Date: October 8
- Day: Indian Air Force Day
- Established: 1932 (Royal Indian Air Force)
- Anniversary: 90th raising day
- Theme: Transforming for the Future
2. World Post Day is observed on?
A) October 7
B) October 5
C) October 8
D) October 6
E) October 9
Answer: E) October 9
- Date: October 9
- Day: World Post Day
- 1st Observed: 1969 (Tokyo, Japan)
- Theme: Post for Planet
- Others: October 9 to October 15 (National Postal Week)
Sports – Daily Current Affairs October 08&09
3. Which edition of National Games will be hosted by Goa in October 2023?
Answer: B) 37th
- IOA is pleased to note the whole-hearted support of the Government of Goa to host the 37th National Games in Goa in 2023, hence conveying IOA’s approval to orgainse the 37th National Games in Goa.
- The Goa delegation may receive the IOA flag in the Closing Ceremony of the 36th National Games on 12th October, 2022 in Surat, Gujarat.
4. Harshada Garud won bronze medal in women’s ___ category at Asian Weightlifting C’ship 2022?
E) 42 kg
Answer: D) 45 kg
- Indian weightlifter Harshada Garud, a reigning junior world champion, won a bronze medal in the women’s 45kg category at the Asian Weightlifting Championships 2022 in Manama, Bahrain.
- Harshada Garud lifted 68kg in snatch and followed it up with the best effort of 84kg in clean and jerk for a combined total of 152kg.
- The 18-year-old Indian weightlifter was tied with the Philippines’ Rose Ramos on 152kg but won the medal as she had a better snatch lift of 68kg, for which she was awarded a bronze in the section.
- Vietnam’s Khong My Phuong took the gold with a total lift of 166kg and S Nafisatul Hariroh of Indonesia won silver with 162kg.
- The Asian Weightlifting Championships 2022 will conclude on October 16.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 08&09
5. Who among the following will launch e-Rupee on pilot basis soon?
D) Finance Ministry
E) Axis Bank
Answer: A) RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will soon commence pilot launches of Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC), referred to as Digital Rupee (e₹), for specific use cases.
- The move towards CBDC issuance comes in the backdrop of rapid mushrooming of private cryptocurrencies, whose inherent design is more geared to bypass the established and regulated intermediation and control arrangements.
- In its concept note on CBDC, RBI said the e₹ will provide an additional option to the currently available forms of money.
- CBDC is legal tender issued by a central bank in a digital form.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs October 08&09
6. Direct tax collection jumpedhow many percent in first half of FY23?
Answer: C) 24%
- Gross collection of tax on corporate and individual earnings jumped nearly 24 percent so far in the current fiscal year that started on April 1.
- The gross collection of taxes on corporate earnings rose 16.74 percent from April 1 to October 8, while personal income tax collection jumped 32.30 percent.
- Direct tax collection came at Rs 8.98 lakh crore between April 1 to October 8, 2022, 23.8 percent higher than the gross collection in the corresponding period a year ago.
- Tax on corporate and individual income makes up for direct taxes.
- After adjusting refunds, direct tax collection stood at Rs 7.45 lakh crore, 16.3 percent higher than the net collection for the corresponding period a year ago.
- This collection is 52.46 percent of the total Budget Estimates of Direct Taxes for FY 2022-23.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs October 08&09
7. GOI and LIC to sell how many percent stake in IDBI?
Answer: E) 60.72%
- The government invited bids for privatising IDBI Bank and said that it together with LIC will sell a total of 60.72 per cent stake in the financial institution.
- The Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM), while inviting Expressions of Interest (EoI), said that the potential investor should have a minimum net worth of Rs 22,500 crore, must report net profit in three out of the past five years to be eligible for bidding for IDBI Bank.
- Also, a maximum of four members would be allowed in a consortium.
- The successful bidder would be required to mandatorily lock-in at least 40 per cent of the equity capital for five years from the date of acquisition.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 08&09
8. Who among the following appointed as Suzlon board Chairman and Managing Director for three years?
A) Vinod S Tanti
B) Vinod R Tanti
C) Vinod A Tanti
D) Vinod M Tanti
E) Vinod J Tanti
Answer: B) Vinod R Tanti
- Suzlon Energy announced the appointment of Vinod R Tanti as its Chairman and Managing Director with immediate effect for the next three years.
- The appointment of Vinod Tanti comes after the sudden demise of his brother and Suzlon Energy founder Tulsi Tanti, who was holding the position of Chairman and Managing Director.
- Tulsi Tanti passed away on October 1, 2022.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs October 08&09
9. Nobel Peace Prize Awarded to who among the following?
A) Anderson Bialiatski
D) Ales Bialiatski
Answer: D) Ales Bialiatski
- This year’s Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to human rights advocate Ales Bialiatski from Belarus, the Russian human rights organisation Memorial and the Ukrainian human rights organisation Center for Civil Liberties.
- Chairperson of the Norwegian Nobel Committee in Oslo,Berit Reiss Anderson announced the name of the winners.
- Born on September 25, 1962, in Vyartsilya, Russia’s Karelia, Bialiatski was a resident of Belarus at the time of the award.
- Bialiatski was one of the initiators of the democratic movement that emerged in Belarus in the mid-1980s.
- He has devoted his life to promoting democracy and peaceful development in his home country.
- He founded the organisation Viasna (Spring) in 1996.
- Viasna evolved into a broad-based human rights organisation that documented and protested against the authorities’ use of torture against political prisoners.
- Despite tremendous personal hardship, Mr Bialiatski has not yielded an inch in his fight for human rights and democracy in Belarus.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs October 08&09
10. Govt approves creation of new Weapon Systems branch in which of the following armed force?
A) Indian Air Force
B) Indian Navy
C) Indian Army
Answer: A) Indian Air Force
- The government has approved the creation of a new Weapon Systems branch in the Indian Air Force.
- The branch will enhance the war-fighting capability of the Indian Air Force.
- The Ministry of Defence said the branch would encompass operators in four specialised streams of Surface-to-Surface missiles, Surface-to-Air missiles, Remotely Piloted Aircraft, and Weapon System Operators in twin-multi-crew aircraft.
- Terming this a historic step for the IAF, the Ministry said, creation of Weapon System branch would entail the unification of all weapon system operators under one entity.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 08&09
11. How many crore investment announced by Gautam Adani in Rajasthan?
A) Rs 60000 crores
B)Rs 75000 crores
C) Rs 65000 crores
D) Rs 80000 crores
E) Rs 70000 crores
Answer: C) Rs 65000 crores
- Gautam Adani announced a Rs 65,000 crore investment in Rajasthan over the next 5 to 7 years in setting up a mega 10,000 MW solar power capacity, expanding cement plant and upgrading Jaipur airport.
- The investment by ports-to-energy conglomerate that Adani heads also spans city gas infrastructure for retailing CNG to automobiles and piped gas to households and industries as well as laying transmission lines to carry renewable power.
- Speaking at the Invest Rajasthan 2022 Summit here, he said the Adani group already has a sizeable presence in the state.
- It operates a thermal power plant, has set up a solar park and supplies coal to the state’s power-generating units.
12. Which of the following state/UT achieved milestone of being first to establish at least 75 Amrit Sarovars in each of its districts?
A) Himachal Pradesh
E) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: E) Jammu and Kashmir
- Jammu and Kashmir has achieved the milestone of being the first to establish at least 75 Amrit Sarovars in each of its districts as per the aspirations of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- This was informed by Chief Secretary Dr Arun Kumar Mehta in a review meeting of Rural Development Department at Srinagar.
- On the occasion, Dr Mehta asked the officers not to stop here but work harder to further improve these rural assets throughout J&K.
- Jammu and Kashmir had started implementing the scheme in a mission mode and the UT level committee under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary with the participation of departments like Forest, Culture, Revenue, Jal Shakti was constituted for apex level monitoring and implementation of the scheme.
- As per the guidelines of the Mission, the UT had to complete 300 Amrit Sarovars before 15th August this year and 1500 Amrit Sarovars by 15th August, next year.
- However, the UT completed 1490 Amrit Sarovars on 15th of August, 2022 and hoisted National Flags over them on the occasion of Independence Day.
- At present the UT has completed the work on 1953 Amrit Sarovars.
- The UT is endeavoring to create and beautify more Amrit Sarovars and the Finance Department has released 50 crore rupees for the rejuvenation and creation of these Amrit Sarovars.
- The Mission Amrit Sarovar was launched by Prime Minister on National Panchayati Raj Day on 24th of April this year in Palli Gram Panchayat in District Samba of J&K itself.
- At the national level, the UT stands at No. 2 in terms of completion of Amrit Sarovars featuring just after the much bigger State of Uttar Pradesh.
13. Union Minister of Heavy Industries reiterated country’s commitment towards reducing carbon emissions by how many percent by year 2030?
Answer: B) 45%
- Union Minister of Heavy Industries, Dr. Mahendranath Pande reiterated the country’s commitment towards reducing carbon emissions by 45 percent by the year 2030.
- The Minister said the government is promoting use of E vehicles to ensure pollution-free cities.
- More than 7,000 Electric buses will be run in the country in near future.
- He was speaking after the inauguration of the National Conference on Industry 4.0 in Kevadia, Gujarat.
14. In Next how many years 3049 more e-buses to ply on Indian roads under FAME-II scheme?
A) 5 years
B) 3 years
C) 6 years
D) 2 years
E) 4 years
Answer: D) 2 years
- Over 3,000 more electric buses will ply in different cities of the country in the next two years under the FAME-II scheme, Heavy Industries Minister Mahendra Nath Pandey.
- He added that already 3,049 e-buses are operating in the country.
- The minister flagged off 175 e-buses for Gujarat (75) and Karnataka (100) under the scheme.
- He was here to participate in a conference on Industry 4.0.
- In 2019, the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India Phase II (FAME India Phase II) scheme for promotion of electric mobility in the country was approved.
- Through the scheme, it is planned to support 10 lakh e-two wheelers, 5 lakh e-three wheelers, 55,000 four-wheelers and 7,000 e-buses.
- He also said the ministry has sent notices to two companies seeking information regarding the components used in their electric vehicles and whether these are locally produced or not as the firms have filed subsidy claims under the Rs 10,000 crore FAME-II scheme.
15. How many crores project announcedby Gadkari for Uttar Pradesh?
A) Rs 7000 crores
B) Rs 3500 crores
C) Rs 6000 crores
D) Rs 4500 crores
E) Rs 5000 crores
Answer: A) Rs 7000 crores
- Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari announced projects worth Rs 7,000 crore for Uttar Pradesh and said that by 2024, the road infrastructure of the state will be at par with that of the US.
- After the inauguration of the 81st session of the Indian Road Congress (IRC), Gadkari said a total of Rs 5 lakh crore will be invested on roads in Uttar Pradesh before 2024.
- Stating that a gift of Rs 7,000 crore is being given to Uttar Pradesh, he said this includes the Shahabad bypass-Hardoi bypass of Rs 1,212 crore, Shahjahanpur to Shahabad bypass of Rs 950 crore, Moradabad to Kashipur National Highway (Rs 2,007 crore), 13 railway over bridges (Rs 1,000 crore), among others.
- Gadkari said that by 2024, the road infrastructure of Uttar Pradesh will be at par with that of America.
- For achieving the target of USD 5 trillion economy, as directed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the road network is most important.
16. Odisha Government approvedhow many industrial projects worth ₹1924 crores?
Answer: C) 10
- The State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) of Odisha Government has approved as many as 10 industrial projects worth ₹1924 crores, which would help generate employment opportunities for over 5,170 people in the State.
- The projects, which were approved in the 113th meeting under the chairpersonship of the Chief Secretary of Odisha, belonged to power and renewable energy, chemicals, IT&ESDM, food processing, oil and gas, metal downstream, technical textiles, tourism, and infrastructure.
- The approved projects will be set up across Odisha with four of the projects being set up in Khordha, and one each in Puri, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapada, Balasore, Keonjhar, and Angul.
- The SLSWCA approved the proposal of Luminous Power Technologies to set up a manufacturing unit of new technology eco-friendly, Advanced Chemistry Cell batteries, and power storage and solar batteries in the Angul Aluminium Park with a proposed investment of ₹481 crores generating employment for over 1,150 people in the State.
17. Who among the following inaugurated first phase of Shri Mahakaleshwar Temple Extension project?
A) Vice President
B) Finance Minister
D) Home Minister
E) Prime Minister
Answer: E) Prime Minister
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the first phase of Shri Mahakaleshwar Temple Extension project at Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh on October 11.
- Mahakaleshwar Jyotirling in Ujjain is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas located in the country.
- AIR correspondent reports that the Mahakal temple complex expansion project was planned in the year 2017.
- The 800 crore works of this expansion project are being conducted in two phases.
- In the first phase, works worth Rs 351 crore have been completed.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate these works of the first phase on October 11.
- The second Phase will be completed in 2023-24.
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan requested people to witness this moment.
- The corridor built in the Mahakal temple complex has been named Shri Mahakal Lok.
- In the first phase, Mahakal Plaza, Mahakal Corridor, and Mahakal Theme Park have been developed and constructed.
- A 200-meter-long walkway has been made for walking in the Mahakal corridor.
- It has a mural wall 25 feet high and 500 meters long.
- The 108 Shiva pillars with different postures of Shiva are also the center of attraction for the devotees.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers