Daily Current Affairs October 06
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 06. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 06| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs October 06
1. World Cerebral Palsy Day is observed on?
A) October 6
B) October 4
C) October 5
D) October 2
E) October 3
Answer: A) October 6
- Date: October 6
- Day: World Cerebral Palsy Day
- 1st Observed: 2012
- Observed By: World Cerebral Palsy Alliance and United Cerebral Palsy
- Campaign: 2022 millions of Research Campaign
2. World Teachers’ Day is observed on?
A) October 6
B) October 4
C) October 5
D) October 2
E) October 3
Answer: C) October 5
- Date: October 5
- Day: World Teachers’ Day or International Teachers’ Day
- 1st Observed: 1994
- Observed by: United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (Unesco)
- Theme: The Transformation of Education Begins with Teachers
Sports – Daily Current Affairs October 06
3. Who among the following voted FIH Men’s Goalkeeper of the Year?
A) Rupinder Pal Singh
B) Amit Rohidas
C) Surender Kumar
D) Gurjant Singh
E) PR Sreejesh
Answer: E) PR Sreejesh
- PR Sreejesh and Savita Punia have been voted FIH Men’s and Women’s Goalkeeper of the Year for the second year in a row.
- Savita Punia, the captain of the Indian women’s hockey team, and veteran goalkeeper PR Sreejesh both received the FIH goalkeeper of the year title in the men’s and women’s categories on the strength of their performances beneath the bar.
- Savita is just the third athlete to win Goalkeeper of the Year (Women) for three years in a row since the award’s debut in 2014.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 06
4. Which of the following Home Finance launched loan product for small businesses?
A) Nivara Home Finance limited
B) Sundaram Home Finance limited
C) Motilal Oswal Home Finance limited
D) RelianceHome Finance limited
E) Fullerton Home Finance limited
Answer: B) Sundaram Home Finance limited
- Sundaram Home Finance, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sundaram Finance, has introduced a customised business loan product targeted at small traders, shops, and business owners.
- As the first step in this direction, the company has opened an exclusive small business loan branch at Madurai in Tamil Nadu.
- The branch will focus on providing small businesses with loans for residential property to support their growth and working capital requirements.
- The company will open another exclusive small business loan branch in Tenkasi.
5. NARCL makes offers to acquire _____ Infratech debt held by Public Banks?
Answer: D) Jaypee
- State-owned banks that gave loans to Jaypee Infratech will be able to recover their money next month.
- However, 24,000 homeowners, owners of fixed deposits, and private lenders will have to wait until the bankruptcy court endorse the resolution plan of the winning bidder Suraksha Group.
- This is due to the government-sponsored National Asset Reconstruction Company’s (NARCL) pledge to only acquire Jaypee Infratech loans that are currently held by public sector banks (PSB).
- Sixty-two per cent of the recognised claims against the distressed real estate developer are constituted of homebuyers, owners of fixed deposits, and private banks.
- A Swiss challenge auction has been launched in response to NARCL’s Rs 3,570 crore offer for the Rs 9,234 crore of debt held by nine public sector lenders.
- According to a bid document sent to Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARCs), lenders led by IDBI Bank invited expressions of interest on October 10 and scheduled an auction on October 27.
- NARCL will have the right to match the successful bid and take over the debt.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs October 06
6. WTO cuts global trade forecast for 2023 to how many percent?
Answer: A) 1%
- The growth in world trade is expected to slow down to one per cent in 2023, due to global uncertainties, according to a WTO forecast.
- The World Trade Organization (WTO) has also projected a growth of 3.5 per cent in global trade this year, as against the April estimate of 3 per cent.
- World trade is expected to lose momentum in the second half of 2022 and remain subdued in 2023, as multiple shocks weigh on the global economy, the multi-lateral body.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs October 06
7. Apollo Hospitals will acquire how many per cent stake in Ayurveda hospital chain?
Answer: C) 60%
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise (AHEL) has announced the execution of definitive agreements to acquire a 60 per cent stake in AyurVAID, a leading classical Ayurveda hospital chain.
- The acquisition will be through a combination of primary and secondary capital infusion totalling ₹26 crore, the healthcare major.
- Established in 2005, AyurVAID has touched more than 3 lakh lives so far, and is a pioneer in precision ayurveda.
- It was the first NABH accredited Ayurveda hospital, the first National Quality Award winner from the Ayurveda sector, and currently has eight in-patient hospitals, including four hospital-in-hospital units.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 06
8. Govt appointed Justice Dinesh Kumar Sharma of ____ High Court as Presiding officer of UAPA Tribunal?
Answer: E) Delhi
- The government has appointed Justice Dinesh Kumar Sharma of the Delhi High Court as the Presiding officer of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Tribunal.
- The presiding officer has been appointed to review the ban on the Popular Front of India (PFI) and its associates.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs October 06
9. ISRO will launch how manyOneWeb satellites onboard LVM3 later this month?
Answer: B) 36
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch 36 satellites of UK’s global communications network OneWeb onboard its heaviest launcher LVM3 or the Launch Vehicle Mark III later in October.
- The ISRO will launch the satellites under the ‘OneWeb India-1 mission/ LVM3 M2′, which will mark LVM3’s entry into the global commercial launch service market.
- This contract with M/s OneWeb is a historic milestone for NSIL and ISRO, as LVM3 is making its entry into the Global commercial launch service market.
- As part of the Contract, 36 satellites will be placed into orbit by one LVM3, from Satish Dhawan Space Centre.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 06
10. India emerged as largest producer of sugar in world, which of the following country was previous largest producer of Sugar?
Answer: C) Brazil
- India has emerged as the world’s largest producer and second largest exporter of sugar.
- In Sugar Season 2021-22, a record of more than five thousand lakh metric tons of sugarcane was produced in the country.
- Out of this, 35 lakh metric ton sugar was diverted to ethanol production and 359 lakh metric ton of sugar was produced by sugar mills.
- Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution Ministry said, the season has proven to be a watershed season for the Indian Sugar Sector.
- Records highest sugar exports of over 109 lakh metric tons have been registered.
- The Ministry said, supportive international prices and Central government Policy led to this feat of the Indian Sugar Industry.
- These exports earned foreign currency of about 40 thousand crore rupees.
- It said, the success story of the sugar industry is the outcome of synchronous and collaborative efforts of Central and State Governments, farmers, and sugar mills with a supportive overall ecosystem for business in the country.
11. Gujarat govt announcedAatmanirbhar Gujrat Scheme for assistance to Industries,the scheme will attract investment of nearly how many lakh crore rupees?
A) Rs 15.50 lakh crore
B) Rs 14.50 lakh crore
C) Rs 11.50 lakh crore
D) Rs 13.50 lakh crore
E) Rs 12.50 lakh crore
Answer: E) Rs 12.50 lakh crore
- In Gujarat, the state government announced Aatmanirbhar Gujrat Scheme for Assistance to Industries at Gandhinagar.
- Addressing the media in Gandhinagar, chief minister Bhupendra Patel said the scheme is expected to attract a proposed investment of nearly 12.50 lakh crore rupees in the state besides generating employment for around 15 lakh people in the coming days.
- Chief Minister said, 9 sectors including green energy ecosystem, sustainability and mobility have been recognized as thrust manufacturing sectors in line with Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
- Our correspondent reports that the policy proposes various incentives for MSMEs, Large Industries and Mega-industries.
- This includes reimbursement of Net SGST to MSMEs and large industries up to 75% of fixed capital investment over 10 years, reimbursing the employer’s contribution in the EPF of new employees for ten years, and Electricity Duty exemption for industries for 5 years among others.
- The policy also proposes Interest subsidies up to 12 percent to Mega and large enterprises.
- The new policy also proposes Incremental incentives for women entrepreneurs, young entrepreneurs, startups and differently-abled entrepreneurs.
- Minister of State for Industries Jagdish Vishwakarma was also present on the occasion.
- Gujarat chamber of commerce and industry GCCI has welcomed the AtmaNirbhar policy.
12. Who among the following launched Gujarat Gati Shakti Portal?
A) Gujarat Jal Shakthi Minister
B) Gujarat CM
C) Gujarat Home Minister
D) Gujarat Governor
E) Gujarat Finance Minister
Answer: B) Gujarat CM
- In Gujarat, Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel launched Gujarat Gati Shakti Portal, at GIFT City.
- Addressing the occasion, Chief Minister said Gujarat has become the first state to launch Gati Shakti Portal at State Level.
- He said the portal will offer investors ease of doing business, by bringing more transparency to the governance.
- This will save time, money, and logistic cost.
- He said Gati Shakti Gujarat Portal will integrate more than 500 layers of data from 21 state government departments and 52 sub-departments.
- Our correspondent reports that Gati Shakti Gujarat Portal focuses on the speedy execution of infrastructure projects in the state.
- Through the portal, processing of applications, granting permissions, and monitoring the progress of the projects will be made faster.
- The portal is developed by Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board in association with Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geo-informatics.
13. Which edition of DhammachakraPravartan Day being celebrated at DeekshaBhoomi in Nagpur?
Answer: D) 66th
- In Maharashtra, the 66th DhammachakraPravartan Day is being celebrated with full zeal and fervor at DeekshaBhoomi in Nagpur.
- Architect of the Indian Constitution Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar embraced Buddhism on the day of Viajaydashmi on 14th October 1956 with lakhs of his followers at Dikshabhoomi in Nagpur.
- From that date, the day is celebrated as DhammaChakrapravartan day.
- To pay their respects to the Central memorial of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, on the occasion of DhammaChakrapravartan day, millions of followers have reached Deekshabhoomi from all corners of the country and state.
14. Finance minister allowed airlines to avail up to how many crore loan under ECLGS?
A) Rs 1500 crore
B) Rs 1700 crore
C) Rs 1400 crore
D) Rs 1600 crore
E) Rs 1300 crore
Answer: A) Rs 1500 crore
- The Union Finance Ministry allowed airlines to avail of up to Rs 1,500 crore loan under the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS), to help them tide over their cash flow problems.
- Earlier, an airline could avail of a loan of not more than Rs 400 crore under the ECLGS.
- The Centre had in 2020 started the ECLGS to provide collateral-free and government-guaranteed loans to businesses affected by the Covid pandemic.
- The Finance Ministry’s decision is likely to benefit financially-beleaguered airlines, such as SpiceJet, which have been looking for the Centre’s assistance to run their operations.
- Last month, the airline took a loan of approximately Rs 225 crore under ECLGS.
15. Which of the following state bagged most textile PLI investments?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) West Bengal
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh has bagged the highest amount of investment, to the tune of Rs 3,513 crore under the production linked incentive (PLI) scheme for the textile sector, data from a recent parliamentary panel report shows.
- The standing committee on labour, textiles and skill development in its report on the man-made fibres (MMF) was informed by the textile ministry earlier this year that out of 67 applicants, 64 projects with a proposed investment of Rs 19,798 crore were approved by a selection committee under the PLI scheme.
- While Gujarat saw the highest number of proposed projects (13), Madhya Pradesh cornered the highest amount of proposed investment (Rs 3,513 crore).
- The government approved the PLI Scheme for textile products in September last year with an aim to promote MMF apparel, MMF fabrics, products of technical textiles and to enhance manufacturing capabilities and exports from the country of select MMF products with an approved outlay of Rs 10,683 crore.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology