Daily Current Affairs March 25
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 25. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 25 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs March 25
1. International Day of Remembrance of Victims of Slavery and Transatlantic Slave Trade 2022:
- International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade is a United Nations international observance designated in 2007 to be marked on 25 March every year.
- The Department of Global Communications, which manages the United Nations Outreach Programme on the Transatlantic Slave Trade and Slavery and communications around the International Decade for People of African Descent (2015-2024) together with UNESCO and UNFPA will hold an online cultural event to mark the International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade.
- Called “Rhythms of Resistance,” the online event will highlight the history of the transatlantic slave trade, as well as its ongoing legacy of racism.
- Through showcasing rhythmic performances in multiple countries, it will also demonstrate how African cultures have shaped societies throughout the Americas.
- Observed first in 2008 after a December 2007 resolution, International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade honours and remembers the more than 15 million men, women and children who were brutalized under a slavery system that endured for more than 400 years.
- The legacy of the inhumane forced migration 96 per cent of captives arrived in South America and the Caribbean islands – is the large population of people of African descent in the Americas.
- From 1501 to 1830, four Africans crossed the Atlantic for every one European, making the demographics of the Americas in that era more of an extension of the African diaspora than a European one.
- The theme for this year is – “Stories of Courage: Resistance to Slavery and Unity against Racism.”
- The transatlantic slave trade is often studied and discussed at the macro level.
- It was a phenomenon characterized by unprecedented mass human trafficking, degrading economic transactions and unspeakable human rights violations.
- But examining the transatlantic slave trade at the micro level reveals its true brutality.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 25
2. Fino Payments Bank is Rajasthan Royals’ Digital Payments Partner:
- Fino Payments Bank has announced that it will be the official Digital Payments Partner of the Rajasthan Royals for Season 15 of India’s biggest premier cricket competition.
- This association with the Rajasthan Royals (RR), the inaugural winners of the cricket competition in 2008 and often known as the most entertaining team in the competition, is Fino’s maiden foray with the mega sporting event.
- As the digital bank for Bharat, Fino Bank will have the opportunity to enhance its visibility to digitally savvy consumers who are associated with the Rajasthan Royals, the league and the sport of cricket as a whole.
3. Hero IWL to kick-off on April 15 in Bhubaneswar:
- Twelve teams will feature in the Hero Indian Women’s League to be held in Bhubaneswar from April 15, the All India Football Federation (AIFF) announced.
- The matches will be played at the Kalinga Stadium, the Seventh Battalion Ground and the Capital Ground.
- Defending Champions Gokulam Kerala FC, who have made the cut for the league as the champions of Kerala will also be joined by the champion teams from 10 other states.
- Odisha Police (Odisha), Hans Women FC (Delhi), Kickstart FC Karnataka (Karnataka), Gokulam Kerala FC (Kerala), Sethu Madurai (Tamil Nadu), PIFA Sports Colaba FC (Maharashtra), Mata Rukmani FC (Chhattisgarh), Sirvodem Sports Club (Goa), Indian Arrows (AIFF’s Developmental Team), SSB Women FC (West Bengal), Sports Odisha (Odisha) and one club from the Hero IWL Qualifiers.
- The qualifiers of the Hero IWL will take place in New Delhi from April 1 to 5, where four clubs – Guwahati City FC, Golazo FC, ARA FC, and YWC will lock horns at the Ambedkar Stadium in around-robin format with the top team proceeding to the tournament proper.
4. Long jumper Someswara Rao Ramudri, javelin thrower Mohit bag Gold medals at World Para Athletics Grand Prix:
- Long jumper Someswara Rao Ramudri and javelin thrower Mohit bagged Gold medals in their individual events at the Dubai 2022 World Para Athletics Grand Prix and the Indian contingent won six medals on the day and set two Asian records.
- Ramudri came out with his personal best to take the long jump men’s T64 gold medal, in the combined T43/44/63/64 final.
- In the men’s javelin final F44/46/63/64, Mohit achieved an impressive 54.71-metre distance in his very first throw which was enough to take the gold medal.
- Paralympian Dharambir claimed his second silver medal in the Championships, this time in men’s wheelchair discus final F51 where he attained a distance of 10.93 metre for the silver.
- Algeria’s Mohamed Berrahal took the gold, as Dharambir’s fellow thrower Ajitkumar Amrutla Panchal claimed the bronze in the F52 category.
- In women’s track events, Jayanti Behera claimed the silver medal in 200 metre women final T46/47.
- Ishwari Nishad also took second place in 400 metre women’s final T11.
5. BCCI announces Swiggy as its official partner for TATA IPL 2022:
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced that Swiggy Instamart is he official partner for the 2022 season of TATA IPL tournament.
- The IPL 2022 is scheduled to be played in the country starting from March 26 till May 29.
- IPL is one of the most celebrated sports leagues in the world, and look forward to engaging with customers/fans and catering to their needs, be it mid match snack cravings, beverages and popcorn for nail biting finishes or sweet indulgences to celebrate team victories.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs March 25
6. Stephen Wilhite, creator of the GIF, has died:
- Stephen Wilhite, one of the lead inventors of the GIF, died from COVID at the age of 74.
- Stephen Wilhite worked on GIF, or Graphics Interchange Format, which is now used for reactions, messages, and jokes, while employed at CompuServe in the 1980s.
- He retired around the early 2000s and spent his time traveling, camping, and building model trains in his basement.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs March 25
7. Gujarat again tops NITI Aayog’s Export Preparedness Index 2021:
- Gujarat for the second consecutive year has topped the Niti Aayog’s Export Preparedness Index 2021 which is aimed at assessing the readiness of the states in terms of their export potential and performance.
- Followed by Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Andhra Pradesh and Telengana.
- Union territories and states like Lakshadweep, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Ladakh and Meghalaya were placed at the bottom.
- The index, prepared in partnership with the Institute of Competitiveness, can be used by states and Union Territories (UTs) to benchmark their performance against their peers and analyse potential challenges to develop better policy mechanisms to foster export-led growth at the sub-national level.
- The ranking is based on four main pillars: policy, business ecosystem, export ecosystem and export performance, and 11 sub-pillars like export promotion policy and business environment.
- The index’s primary goal is to instil competition among all states to bring about favourable policies, ease the regulatory framework, create necessary infrastructure and assist in identifying strategic recommendations for improving export competitiveness.
- The second edition of the index will be a significant catalyst for promoting competitive federalism and a fair contest among states and UTs in the global export landscape.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 25
8. SBI General Insurance Collaborates with Maharashtra Police to Support the ‘MrityunjayDoot’ Scheme:
- Donates 2 fully equipped High Impact Ambulances and 800 Stretchers to Maharashtra Highway Police Mumbai and SBI General Insurance company associated with Yashlok Welfare Foundation, NGO dedicated to alleviating social inequalities, to support the Highway ‘MrityunjayDoot’ scheme implemented by the State Highway Police Department.
- Further it will provide medical help to accident victims on Mumbai Pune Highway and on Nashik highway and take them safely to the hospitals during the ‘Golden Hour’ and help them get timely treatment.
- It has been observed that the injured during a road accident are more likely to die due to improper handling while taking them to the hospital.
- As part of this scheme, the Highway police have created groups of four to five people which is made up of local villagers, employees of Dhabas and petrol pumps, doctors around National and State highways and have trained them as ‘MrityunjayDoot’.
- This trained manpower is provided with stretchers and first-aid kits and they immediately provide medical aid to the accident victims.
9. Max Life Insurance partners PhonePe to offer financial protection to consumers:
- Max Life Insurance Co. Ltd has announced the launch of Max Life Smart Secure Plus Plan, a non-linked non-participating individual pure risk premium life insurance plan on the PhonePe app to enhance financial protection for digitally-savvy customers.
- PhonePe customers can avail comprehensive financial coverage for their families with premiums starting as low as ₹4,426 annually.
- Through a simplified digital customer journey, the term plan can be purchased on the PhonePe app without any hassle or excessive paperwork.
- Customers have the flexibility to choose a sum assured up to ₹10 crore and can have their policies renewed on the PhonePe app.
- Under the life insurance category, Max Life will offer PhonePe customers inbuilt terminal illness benefit and special exit option.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs March 25
10. SIDBI acquires 7.84 pc stake in public digital infrastructure platform ONDC for Rs 10 cr:
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), the apex Financial Institution for financing and development of MSMEs in the country has acquired 7.84 per cent stake in open public digital infrastructure framework entity named Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) through an investment of Rs 10 crore.
- It will help develop digital infrastructure to democratize digital commerce in the country.
- The infrastructure created would serve as a public good by augmenting market access for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
- It will help particularly the micro-enterprises and retailers by lowering cost and effort for them to onboard the e-commerce marketplaces.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs March 25
11. Shashi Sinha appointed as new BARC India chairman:
- Shashi Sinha, chief executive officer at IPG Mediabrands India, has been elected as the new chairman of Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC India).
- Sinha also represents the Advertising Agencies Association of India.
- He takes over from Punit Goenka, MD & CEO of Zee Entertainment Enterprises who successfully served as the chairman for the last three years.
- BARC is registered with the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) as a self-regulated, not-for-profit Joint Industry Body (JIB) that provides the most authentic audience estimates of What India Watches, to Broadcasters, Advertisers and Advertising Agencies.
- Sinha is also actively involved in various industry bodies such as the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI, past chairman of Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC), past president of The Ad Club, current chairman of Media Research Users Council (MRUC) and till very recently, before becoming a board member, was the first chairman of the Technical Committee of BARC India.
- He is also an honourable member of the prestigious Facebook India Client Council.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs March 25
12. Governor of the year 2022:
- Mario Marcel, the Governor of the Central Bank of Chile, has won the Governor of the year award at the Central Banking Awards 2022.
- Chile’s governor has expertly navigated a third currency crisis in two years, amid wider EM stress and political volatility, while bolstering the central bank’s capabilities.
- Mario Marcel was named governor of the Central Bank of Chile (BCCh) in October 2016, he took over the leadership of an institution that had secured a reputation as one of the most independent and well-run central banks in Latin America.
- Marcel took steps to further improve the institution.
- He changed its internal management structure, reducing the number of monetary policy meetings from 12 to eight.
- The BCCh also improved the quality of its communications in both English and Spanish.
- But the BCCh’s reputation, as well as Marcel’s own, would be put to a severe test from 2019.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 25
13. India-Madagascar chamber of commerce launched in Antananarivo:
- Indian embassy in Antananarivo organized a trade promotion event, which saw the launch of the India-Madagascar Chamber of Commerce in the capital city of the island nation.
- The event was attended by Valery Fitzgerald Ramonjavelo, Secretary-General of the Presidency of Madagascar, Secretary-General of Ministry of Trade, President of Chamber of Commerce of Antananarivo, Malagasy traders and members of Indian Diaspora.
- India-Madagascar Chamber of Commerce will go a long way in strengthening the bilateral trade relationship between our two countries and serve as a focal point for numerous Indian and Malagasy traders who would like to do business with our two countries and also those who wish to extend their markets to India or Madagascar.
- Special videos on Ayurveda and trade opportunities between India and Madagascar were showcased during the event.
- The event saw a cultural performance by ITEC and ICCR alumni in Madagascar to mark the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 25
14. Centre releases Rs 96,576 crore to states as GST compensation:
- The Union Finance Ministry has released Rs 96,576 crore to states and Union Territories (UTs) so far this year to meet the revenue shortfall on account of the implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- The states and UTs have also been provided an additional Rs 1.59 lakh crore as a back-to-back loan, Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman informed the Rajya Sabha recently.
- According to the minister, Rs 53,661 crore is yet to be released to the states as GST compensation for the current financial year.
- As part of the implementation of the new tax regime, the centre has agreed to compensate the states and Union Territories (UT) with Legislative Assembly for any loss in revenue.
- The centre has agreed to compensate the revenue shortfall for the first five years of the implementation.
- On consistent demands from the states, the Government of India has agreed to extend the GST compensation cess till March 2026.
15. G Kishan Reddy inaugurates North-East festival ‘Ishan Manthan’ at IGNCA:
- Union Minister for Culture, Tourism & DONER Shri G Kishan Reddy inaugurated the three-day North-East festival called ‘Ishan Manthan’ at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts today in New Delhi.
- The event will give an opportunity to get acquainted with the culture, art, music, folk dances, handicrafts and traditional cuisines of Northeast India in the premises of the Kala Kendra near the Western Court.
- The audience-listeners will be able to enjoy various cultural programmes and they will be able to buy handicrafts, garments and other items direct from the artisans of northeast.
- On the first day, Sikkim’s sofiyam band performed and on the second day ‘KarpakKardang’ of Arunachal and third-day musical performance of ‘Teteseo Sisters Band’ of Nagaland.
16. IIE signs MoU with MoRD to promote entrepreneurship for rural youth:
- PM Narendra Modi’s vision of Atmanirbhar Bharat, the Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE) under the aegis of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), to promote entrepreneurship at a local level amongst the rural youth.
- Under the agreement, the Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme (SVEP), the sub scheme of the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM), with the core objective of promoting employment opportunities in rural India, particularly developing self-employment avenues for unemployed rural people.
- By developing a sustainable model for Village Entrepreneurship Promotion, the programme aims to enable the rural poor (from the SHG ecosystem) to start their own businesses.
- This will be accomplished through the use of integrated ICT techniques and tools for training, capacity building, business advisory services, and the provision of loans from banks, SHGs, and federations.
17. Ram Nath Kovind presents ‘President’s Colour’ to INS Valsura:
- President Ram Nath Kovind presented “President’s Colour” to Indian Naval Ship (INS) Valsura at Jamnagar in Gujarat.
- The “President’s Colour” is bestowed on any military unit, in recognition of exceptional service rendered to the Nation, both in peace and in war.
- To mark the occasion, a ceremonial parade with 150-men Guard of Honour was presented to the President.
- Established in 1942, INS Valsura is a premier training establishment of the Indian Navy and entrusted with the responsibility of imparting training to officers and sailors of the Indian Navy, Coast Guard and Friendly Foreign Countries in Electrical, Electronics, Weapon Systems and Information Technology.
18. Education Ministry conducts first-of-its-kind study, aims to set up comprehension benchmarks in 22 Indian languages:
- Ministry of Education will be conducting a ‘foundational learning study’ in order to draw a first-hand understanding of the learning levels of the students at the foundational learning stage at the end of Grade 3.
- The study is first of its kind in the world as it aims to set up benchmarks for reading with comprehension in 22 Indian languages.
- The Foundational Learning Study will be conducted by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) in all States and Union Territories (UTs).
- Approximately, 10,000 schools and one lakh students are expected to participate in this study to establish a baseline for the National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy (NIPUN) Bharat mission.
19. Indian cultural fest ‘Passage to India’ in Doha inaugurated by FS:
- Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla inaugurated ‘Passage to India’ an Indian community festival at the MIA Park in the Qatari capital.
- The festival is being organized by the Indian Cultural Centre in coordination with Qatar Museums, the Museum of Islamic Art (MIA) and the Indian Embassy in Qatar.
- The festival is being organized as part of the Qatar MENASA (Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia) year of culture 2022 and Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrating 75 years of India’s independence.
- The festival showcasing and promoting the diverse Indian cultural richness, achievements of modern India and boosting IndiaQatar friendship.
- The fiesta showcases a variety of cultural programmes from Qatar and different states of India.
- Stalls have been put up displaying various items like handicrafts, clothes, jewellery etc, depicting a variety of Indian culture.
- The mega event is organized with the full support and active involvement of various socio cultural organisations associated with the Indian Cultural Centre representing the Indian community residing in Qatar.
20. IBM collaborates with Nagaland govt:
- IBM announced a collaboration with the Department of School Education Nagaland to introduce the IBM STEM for Girls programme in more than 250 secondary and higher secondary schools across 15 districts in the state.
- The curriculum will align and supplement Nagaland’s efforts towards quality education.
- The programme will help enable more than 12,000 girls studying between 8th to 10th grade with access to digital fluency, coding skills training, 21st-century skills, including life and career skills.
- The collaboration is part of a three-year program between IBM and Nagaland Government, with the QUEST Alliance and YouthNet as an implementation partner, to increase the participation of girl children and women in STEM careers.
- The programme will also aim to empower nearly 1,400 teachers in the participating schools to engage and train students on computational thinking, STEM, and agency development for girls.
- Educators will use IBM SkillsBuild (skillsbuild.org), a programme that includes online coursework and tools to engage with students.
- This is a part of IBM’s ground-breaking commitment to provide 30 million people of all ages worldwide with new skills needed for the jobs of tomorrow by 2030.
- The IBM Stem for Girls programme, currently running in 12 states that are Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Odisha, Assam, Bihar, Uttarakhand, and Nagaland.