Daily Current Affairs March 26
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 26. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 26 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 26
1. Iga Swiatek to become Poland’s first World No 1 in tennis history:
- The 20-year old Iga Swiatek is set to become Poland’s first World No. 1 in tennis history.
After her 6-2, 6-0 victory over Viktorija Golubic at the Miami Open, Swiatek secured the WTA Tour’s No.1 ranking.
- It will become official when the newly retired Ashleigh Barty’s name will come off the list at her request.
- Swiatek becomes the 28th woman to reach the WTA summit.
- By comparison, since the rankings were introduced in 1975, there have been 184 major tournaments, with 52 different women winning titles.
- She’s the youngest player to make her No.1 debut since Caroline Wozniacki, who was 216 days younger, in 2010.
- Swiatek is currently the WTA’s most in form player.
- She’s on a career best 12-match winning streak and has a tour high 21 wins this year, with WTA 1000 titles in Doha and Indian Wells.
2. India girls clinch SAFF U-18 Women’s Championship 2022 title:
- India Under-18 girls emerged champions of SAFF Under-18 Women’s Championship 2022 at JRD TATA Sports Complex.
- India emerged as champions enjoying a better goal difference, +11 in comparison to +3 of Bangladesh though they lost the match 0-1.
- The valuable player of the tournament and the highest goal scorer was Lynda Kom who scored 5 goals in total.
- In the last match of the championship, Bangladesh scraped past India by a solitary goal.
- India seized the initiative early as in the 5th minute as Shubhangi managed to find some space in the opposition box and went for a shot which went directly to Bangladesh custodian Rupna.
- India were unlucky to miss the post in the 40th minute when Nitu, all in the clear, placed it past Rupna only to see the ball bouncing off the post, and straight into Rupna’s hands as both teams headed to the interval locked goalless.
- Head Coach Thomas Dennerby brought in Poonam in place of Shubhangi in the 46th minute.
- In the 60th minute, the captain Shilky Devi went for a shot from a long-range but an agile Rupna was not to be beaten.
- Couple of substitutions followed as Martina and Sunita were replaced by Naketa, and Amisha respectively.
- With time running out for Bangladesh, they went all out in the attack, and Priyanka put them into the lead in the 74th minute with a shot from outside the box.
3. Cricket-South Africa batsman Hamza suspended by ICC over positive dope test:
- South African test cricketer Zubayr Hamza has been provisionally suspended by the International Cricket Council (ICC) under its anti-doping code after testing positive for a prohibited substance.
- Earlier Hamza was left out of the squad for the series against Bangladesh, did not dispute the positive test and agreed to a voluntary suspension.
- Hamza has been charged with the presence and/or use of a prohibited substance following the detection of Furosemide in a sample collected out-of-competition.
- Furosemide, a medicine used to treat high blood pressure, heart failure and a build up of fluid in the body, is on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s Prohibited List as a diuretic or masking agent.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 26
4. RBI releases framework for geo-tagging of payment system touch points:
- Reserve Bank of India released the framework for geo-tagging of payment system touch points to ensure proper monitoring of the availability of payment acceptance infrastructure.
- Geo-tagging refers to capturing the geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude) of payment touch points deployed by merchants to receive payments from their customers.
- The payment acceptance infrastructure includes Point of Sale (PoS) terminals, and Quick Response (QR) codes.
- Monitoring of geo-tagging of payment system touch points will ”support policy intervention to optimise distribution of payment infrastructure.
- Digital payment transactions carried out by customers using payment touch points use two broad categories of physical infrastructure banking infrastructure (like bank branches and ATMs), and payment acceptance infrastructure (like PoS and QR codes).
- As per the framework, banks/non-bank PSOs (Payment System Operators) would capture and maintain geographical coordinates for all payment touch points.
5. India1 Payments gets perpetual WLA operator licence:
- India1 Payments (formerly BTI Payments Private Ltd) has received a perpetual licence to set-up, own and operate White Label ATMs (WLAs) in India from the RBI.
- The validity of the Certificate of Authorization (CoA) was renewed on a perpetual basis.
- This is subject to compliance with all regulatory guidelines and the terms and conditions of the original CoA.
- The company, which deploys ATMs under the brand name of India1ATMs in the semi-urban and rural areas of the country, has an installed base of 10,710 ATMs across 14 states and union territories in India.
- K Srinivas was the MD and CEO of India1 Payments.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs March 26
6. Airtel to acquire Vodafone’s 4.7% stake in Indus Towers for Rs 2,388 cr:
- Telecom company Bharti Airtel will acquire a 4.7 per cent stake in Indus Towers from Vodafone Group for about Rs 2,388 crore, according to a company filing.
- The transaction will be executed at a price of Rs 187.88 per share.
- Indus Towers by the company and/or Nettle Infrastructure Investments, a wholly-owned subsidiary, from Vodafone Group affiliate, Euro Pacific Securities.
- Indus Towers deploys, owns and manages telecom towers and communication structures for various mobile operators.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs March 26
7. BJP’s Ritu Khanduri becomes first woman Speaker of Uttarakhand Assembly:
- Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Ritu Khanduri was elected as the Speaker of the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly, becoming the first woman Speaker of the state Assembly.
- Kanduri was elected as the fifth Speaker of the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly.
She succeeded BJP’s Premchand Aggarwal.
8. Int’l labour organization elects new chief:
- Gilbert Houngbo from Togo will be the next Director-General of the International Labour Organization by the UN agency’s governing body, comprising representatives of governments, workers and employers during their meeting in Geneva.
- Houngbo, former Prime Minister of Togo, will be the 11th head of the agency and the first African to hold the post.
- His five-year term will begin on October 1, 2022.
- The current Director-General, Guy Ryder, from the United Kingdom, has held the office since 2012.
9. Himanta Biswa Sarma re-elected unopposed as BAI president:
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma was re-elected unopposed as the President of Badminton Association of India (BAI) for another four years term from 2022 to 2026 at the General Body Meeting held in Guwahati.
- Sarma, who took over the reins of BAI in 2017, had been instrumental in raising substantial funds for the development of the game in the last four years.
- He is also the Badminton Asia Vice President and a member of the Badminton World Federation Executive Council member.
- Former junior national coach Sanjay Mishra would be the new General Secretary with incumbent Ajay Kumar Singhania becoming Vice President in the new Executive Council.
- Maharashtra Badminton Association President Arun Lakhani will be the new treasurer.
- The newly elected Executive Council will also have 11 Vice Presidents alongside eight Joint Secretaries and an equal number of committee members.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs March 26
10. ‘Clara Sola’ bags prestigious Suvarna Chakoram award in 26th IFFK:
- Spanish movie ‘Clara Sola’, directed by Nathalie Álvarez Mesén bagged the prestigious ‘Suvarna Chakoram’ (The Golden Crow Pheasant) award in the 26th edition of the International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK)
- Argentinian director Inés Barrionuevo bagged the ‘Rajata Chakoram’ (The Silver Crow Pheasant) for Best Director for his movie ‘Camila Comes Out Tonight’.
- The award for the best debut director from India will be shared equally by ‘Not the River Jhelum’ (Be Ches Ne Veth) directed by Prabhash Chandra and ‘Forbidden’ (Nishiddho) directed by Tara Ramanujan.
- Network for Promotion of Asian Cinema (NETPAC) Award for the Best Asian Film was bagged by Pebbles (Koozhangal) by Vinothraj P S for depicting the harsh life of the marginalised, the troubled relationship between father and son and their difficult journey through the stark landscape.
- The Arbit Documentation of an Amphibian Hunt (Aavasavyuham) by Krishand bagged the NETPAC Award for the Best Malayalam Film for showing the synergy between nature and humans, societal issues and bringing together documentary and fiction.
11. CIAL wins ‘Covid Champion’ award at Wings India-2022:
- Cochin International Airport Ltd (CIAL) has won the ‘Covid Champion’ award at Wings India 2022 for the successful implementation of a meticulous project named ‘ Mission Safeguarding ‘ during the pandemic time to ensure safe travel.
- Asia’s largest event on civil aviation jointly organized by the Ministry of Civil aviation and FICCI at Begumpet airport Hyderabad.
- CIAL Managing Director S Suhas IAS received the ‘Covid champions’ trophy from Jyotiraditya Scindia, Union Minister for Civil Aviation.
- CIAL followed the 5R rule; Recognise, Respond, Repeat, Record & Refer for this project which maintained hassle free passenger movement at the terminals.
- The project comprehended extensive Covid testing facilities, medical surveillance and follow up planning programmes ensuring seamless traffic.
- CIAL became the third largest airport in the country in international sector.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs March 26
12. IIT Hyderabad developed cost-effective ventilator available for commercial use:
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad has developed a portable, cost-effective, and IoT-enabled ventilator powered by lithium-ion batteries, is now available for commercial use.
- The smart ventilator named ‘Jeevan Lite’ was launched by Telangana Governor Dr Tamilisai Soundararajan recently.
- That each unit costs about 4 lakh rupees against similar imported devices priced at about 10-15 lakh rupees per unit.
- Jeevan Lite will improve the public healthcare facilities as the maintenance of medical devices was affected due to delay in import of certain parts during the Covid pandemic.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) enabled ventilator operates uninterrupted in synchronized intermittent mandatory ventilation, continuous mandatory ventilation, adaptive and hybrid modes of ventilation for five hours and is both invasive and non-invasive.
- The Ventilator can be controlled using a smart phone app.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 26
13. EAM Jaishankar begins 5-day visit to Maldives and Sri Lanka:
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar embarked on a five day visit to the Maldives and Sri Lanka to explore the possibilities of further expansion of bilateral engagement with the two key maritime neighbours of India.
- Jaishankar will inaugurate a number of India-supported projects and firm up several agreements to further bolster bilateral cooperation in Maldives.
- During his visit to the Maldivian city of Addu Jaishankar will call on President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih and hold discussions with Foreign Affairs Minister Abdulla Shahid.
- The external affairs minister’s visit will see the signing of several agreements related to the bilateral development cooperation, inauguration/handing over and launch of a number of key India supported projects that will contribute to the socio-economic development of the Maldives and enhance its security.
- Jaishankar will also participate in the BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) ministerial meeting on March 29 in Colombo.
- Both Maldives and Sri Lanka are India’s key maritime neighbours in the Indian Ocean Region and occupy special place in the prime minister’s vision of ‘SAGAR’ (Security and Growth for all in the Region) and Neighbourhood First.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 26
14. Army conducts airborne rapid response exercise near Siliguri Corridor:
- The Indian Army has carried out a two day airborne insertion and rapid response exercise near the Siliguri Corridor along the northern border with China.
- The exercise involving around 600 soldiers was conducted from March 24 to March 25.
- It involved advanced aerial insertion techniques or airdropping of soldiers, surveillance and target practice.
- The Siliguri Corridor is a stretch of land bordering Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh.
- It connects the north eastern region with the rest of India and is considered very important from the military perspective.
15. PM Modi to attend virtual summit of BIMSTEC on March 30:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend a virtual summit of the 5th BIMSTEC grouping on March 30, which is expected to focus on expanding economic engagement among its member countries.
- The summit is being hosted by Sri Lanka in its capacity as the chair of the BIMSTEC.
- Besides India and Sri Lanka, the BIMSTEC comprises Bangladesh, Myanmar, Thailand, Nepal and Bhutan.
- India has been making concerted efforts to make BIMSTEC a vibrant forum for regional cooperation as initiatives under the SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) are not moving forward for a variety of reasons.
- The leaders are also expected to discuss the establishment of basic institutional structures and mechanisms of the group.
16. India, WHO sign agreement to set up Global Traditional Medicine Centre in Gujarat:
- The World Health Organization (WHO) and the Government of India signed an agreement to establish Global Centre for Traditional Medicine in Gujarat.
- The onsite launch of the new WHO Global Centre for Traditional Medicine (WHO-GCTM) in Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- This global knowledge centre for traditional medicine, supported by an investment of USD 250 million from the Government of India, aims to harness the potential of traditional medicine from across the world through modern science and technology to improve the health of people and the planet.
- Ensuring all people have access to safe and effective treatment is an essential part of WHO’s mission, and this new centre will help to harness the power of science to strengthen the evidence base for traditional medicine.
- The term traditional medicine encompasses ancient practices such as acupuncture, ayurvedic medicine and herbal mixtures as well as modern medicines to maintain health and prevent, diagnose and treat physical and mental illness.
17. Fourth edition of India Boat and Marine Show begins in Kochi:
- The fourth edition of India Boat and Marine Show (IBMS) has started in Kochi according to the organisers of the Cruz expo.
- IBMS has emerged as the country’s premier boat and marine industry-related expo, nearly 45 exhibitors are displaying their products and services at the expo.
- The event organised by Kochi-based Cruz Expo which has been conducting the boat shows in Kochi is a step forward in India’s self-reliant initiative of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ and represents the collective efforts of CSL, KMRL and IRS.
- Indian Coast Guard, Naval Ship Repair Yard, Cochin Shipyard, Cochin Port Trust and Inland Waterways Authority of India, are participating in the expo.
- It will be a good networking platform for MSMEs in the marine and boating sector to look at business opportunities.
18. HP High Court launches Mobile App:
- Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court Mohammad Rafiq launched an official Mobile Application for the High Court for the benefit of lawyers and litigants.
- The Computer Branch of the Registry in collaboration with NIC scientists has developed a user friendly android based Mobile Application.
- Upgraded features such as Advocate directory, case status, judgments and orders search with multiple options like cause list, digital display, free text search, e-gate pass, my diary, important judgments and links for District Courts’ websites etc are available in this app.
- This App also has facility to seek the feedback of the user, the valuable suggestions received in this regard will helps to further upgradation and improvement of the Application.
19. HM Amit Shah inaugurates state’s first ever Audiology Speech language pathology college in Ahmedabad:
- Union Home minister Amit Shah inaugurated the state’s first ever Audiology Speech language pathology college at Sola Civil Hospital in Ahmedabad.
- Gujarat has become the 5th State to establish such college in the country.
- Accurate Diagnosis and rehabilitation of patients with congenital deafness, hearing impairment and other speech-related diseases will be possible with the establishment of this college.
- Amit Shah also inaugurated the Meal center to provide Free nutritious meals at Sola Civil Hospital.