Daily Current Affairs March 24
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 24. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 24 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs March 24
1. World Tuberculosis Day 2022:
- World Tuberculosis Day 2022 is observed to raise awareness about the serious bacterial disease that affects the health of the lungs.
- The day also highlights the social and economic consequences of tuberculosis along with its health impacts globally.
- World Tuberculosis Day, was the day when Dr Robert Koch announced his discovery of the bacterium that causes TB.
- Commemorating this discovery in 1882, the day is observed worldwide.
- This year, World Tuberculosis Day 2022, the theme of World Tuberculosis Day is “invest to End TB. Save Lives.”
- The theme focuses on the need for investments and resources that are required to eradicate this disease.
- It’s a way of conveying these needs to global leaders to reinforce their commitment to fighting this disease.
- The theme also ensures access to prevention and care of TB in order to achieve Universal Health Coverage by WHO.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 24
2. Dubai 2022 Para Athletics GP: Ramudri, Dharambir set Asian records, win 2 golds for India on Day 3:
- Indian long jumper Someswara Rao Ramudri and javelin thrower Mohit clinched gold medals in their individual events at the 2022 World Para Athletics Grand Prix.
- The Championships kicked off the World Para Athletics’ Grand Prix season with around 500 para-athletes from 43 nations in action at the Dubai Club.
- Overall, the Indian contingent won six medals on the penultimate day and set two Asian records.
- Ramudri came out with a personal best effort a leap of 6.40m to take the long jump men T64 gold medal, in the combined T43/44/63/64 final.
- Thailand’s Kantinan Khumphong (5.74 m) and Malaysia’s Eddy Bernard (6.20m) finished second and third, respectively.
- In javelin men final F44/46/63/64 finals, Mohit achieved an impressive 54.71m distance in his very first throw which was enough to clinch the gold medal.
- Kazakhstan’s Rufat Khabibullin (45.72m) and Nigeria’s Sunday Adebayo (42,55m) took the silver and bronze medals, respectively.
- Meanwhile, paralympian Dharambir claimed his second silver medal in the Championships, this time in discus wheelchair men final F51 where he attained a distance of 10.93m and Algeria’s Mohamed Berrahal (12,29m) took the gold.
3. Byju’s announced as the official sponsor of FIFA World Cup 2022:
- Indian multinational educational technology company Byju’s announced as the official sponsor of FIFA World Cup 2022, which is slated to be held in Qatar.
- The ed-tech firm has become the first Indian company to be associated with the FIFA World Cup.
- Now, Byju’s will be able to access FIFA World Cup’s mark, emblem, and assets to create unique promotions and run them across passionate football fans across the world.
- According to reports, Byju’s is also planning to create engaging educational content for the young fans as part of a multifaceted activation plan.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs March 24
4. Former Chief Justice of India R C Lahoti dies at 81:
- Former Chief Justice of India Ramesh Chandra was passed away at the age of 81.
- Justice Lahoti was appointed as the 35th chief justice of India from June 2004 to November 2005.
- He was a former independent director on the board of directors of the Press Trust of India (PTI).
- He was appointed as arbitrator by the Government of India in the Rs 20,000 crore high-profile tax dispute case with telecom major Vodafone.
- He was served as a chief justice in Madhya Pradesh and Delhi High Court and also Supreme Court.
5. Madeleine Albright, former U.S. secretary of state, dies at 84:
- Madeleine Albright, who fled the Nazis as a child in her native Czechoslovakia during World War Two but rose to become the first female U.S. secretary of state and, in her later years, a pop culture feminist icon, has died at the age of 84.
- Albright, a tough talking diplomat in an administration that hesitated to involve itself in the two biggest foreign policy crises of the 1990s the genocides in Rwanda and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 24
6. Guv Das inaugurates Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH) in Bengaluru:
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das inaugurated the Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH) in Bengaluru, set up with an initial capital contribution of Rs 100 crore to encourage and nurture financial innovation.
- The Hub has an independent Board with Senapathy (Kris) Gopalakrishnan as the Chairman and other eminent persons from industry and academia as members.
- The RBI has set up the RBIH as a Section 8 company under Companies Act, 2013, with an initial capital contribution of Rs 100 crore to encourage and nurture financial innovation in a sustainable manner through an institutional set-up.
- RBIH aims to create an ecosystem that focuses on promoting access to financial services and products for the low-income population in the country.
- The objective behind establishment of RBIH to bring world class innovation to the financial sector in India, coupled with the underlying theme of financial inclusion.
- The Hub would bring convergence among various stakeholders (BFSI Sector, Start-up ecosystem, Regulators and Academia) in the financial innovation space.
7. PNB to be lead bank for newly-formed district in Meghalaya:
- Punjab National Bank is assigned the responsibility of lead bank for the newly created district of Eastern West Khasi hills in Meghalaya.
- Sonali Sen Gupta, Chief General Manager-in-Charge of Reserve Bank of India in letter stated The Government of Meghalaya vide Gazette Notification No.HPL.84/2021/253 had notified formation of a new district in the State of Meghalaya.
- Eastern West Khasi Hills West Khasi Hills is craved out it was erstwhile West Khasi hills districts.
- There is no change in the lead bank responsibilities of the erstwhile district and of other districts in the State of Meghalaya.
8. AU Small Finance Bank, Tata Motors tie up for passenger vehicles financing:
- AU Small Finance Bank announced its tie-up with Tata Motors to offer finance options to customers on the latter’s new forever range of passenger cars and UVs.
- Under the scheme, customers will get the benefit of unique EMI options with a repayment tenure of up to seven years.
- This offer is available to salaried, self-employed professionals, self-employed non-professionals, agri and dairy farmers etc., including new to credit customers.
- Customers can apply for a car loan via AU 0101 App to avail pre-approved offers.
- This offer is available across AU Small Finance Bank branches and Tata Motors dealers across the states and union territories of the country.
- To avail the above schemes, customers can reach out to their nearest AU Small Finance Bank branch or register their interest in buying a Tata car through Tata Motors dealer.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs March 24
9. CreditVidya and Flipkart Wholesale join hands to offer BNPL credit to merchants:
- Lending platform CreditVidya and digital B2B BNPL solution in association with Flipkart Wholesale to offer an ‘Embedded Buy Now, Pay Later’ credit solution to Flipkart Wholesale’s 1.5 lac merchants.
- With the CreditVidya integration, the marketplace will now have access to $100 million in capital through multiple financial institutions to address the credit needs of its merchants.
- Flipkart Wholesale and CreditVidya’s team have designed a multilingual application for onboarding of businesses.
- Following onboarding, businesses on Flipkart Wholesale can opt for digital credit with a ticket size as small as ₹500.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs March 24
10. Former SBI chairman Rajnish Kumar joins advisory board of Dun & Bradstreet:
- Former State Bank of India (SBI) chairman Rajnish Kumar has joined the international strategic advisory board of data and analytics firm Dun & Bradstreet.
- Kumar currently sits on the boards of HSBC Asia Pacific, L&T Infotech, Hero MotoCorp and BharatPe.
- Dun & Bradstreet is contributing to empowering MSMEs through technology-based finance, risk, compliance, data and marketing solutions in India.
- Kumar is recognised as a leader in the digital India mission, and to his guidance and vision contribute to Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- Dun & Bradstreet has a legacy of more than 180 years, and is a respected name in business decisioning data, analytics and ratings.
11. Hisashi Takeuchi to take over as MD and CEO of Maruti Suzuki from April 1:
- The country’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) has appointed Hisashi Takeuchi as the new Managing Director and CEO with effect from April 1, consequent to the completion of the term of Kenichi Ayukawa on March 31.
- In order to facilitate a smooth transition, Ayukawa will continue as a whole-time Director designated as Executive Vice Chairman till September.
- Takeuchi joined Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC) in 1986.
- With vast experience in the international operations at SMC as well as in overseas markets, he has been on the Board of Maruti Suzuki since July 2019, as Joint Managing Director (Commercial) since April 2021.
12. RBI approves appointment of Pralay Mondal as CSB Bank’s interim MD and CEO:
- The Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of Pralay Mondal, Deputy Managing Director, CSB Bank as interim Managing Director and CEO for three months from April 1, or till the appointment of a regular Managing Director and CEO, whichever is earlier.
- The bank on January 8 announced the decision of CVR Rajendran, Managing Director and CEO, to take early retirement due to health reasons.
- He will continue in the office of the Managing Director and CEO till the close of office hours on March 31.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs March 24
13. NTPC Kahalgaon gets prestigious PRSI National Award:
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Kahalgaon, has bagged the third prize in the prestigious Public Relation Society of India (PRSI) National Awards 2021 for its Coffee Table Book ‘Birds of Kahalgaon’ on conservation of indigenous bird species inside its plant and township premises.
- In a virtual award ceremony, Arindam Sinha, CGM (Kahalgaon) received the coveted award from Etsuko Tsugihara, President, International Public Relation Association, Akhilesh Mishra, Ambassador of India to Ireland and Ajit Pathak, National President of Public Relation Society of India.
- ‘Birds of Kahalgaon’ Coffee Table Book showcases the beautiful avifauna that thrives inside NTPC Kahalgaon and its township premises.
- The book exhibits NTPC’s endeavour to protect and preserve the colourful winged residents of the ecosystem.
14. Mangaluru airport gets ACI accreditation:
- Airports Council International (ACI) has awarded the certificate of accreditation to Mangaluru International Airport (MIA) for level one of the Airport Customer Experience Accreditation programme.
- The certificate recognizes the commitment of the airport to continual customer experience improvementwhich was valid for one year.
- Participating airports undergo a comprehensive review and training process that includes stakeholder and employee engagement and staff development.
- It is the only programme in the airport industry to provide a 360 degree view of customer experience management.
- MIA is the third airport in India from the Asia Pacific region to get this coveted accreditation.
- This accreditation comes on the back of the ACI World’s ‘Voice of the Customer’ award that MIA received in February.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs March 24
15. North Korea fires suspected missile into sea:
- North Korea fired at least one suspected ballistic missile toward the sea.
- Apparently extending its barrage of weapons tests that may culminate with a flight of its biggest yet intercontinental ballistic missile.
- It was North Korea’s 12th round of weapons launches this year and came after it fired suspected artillery pieces into the sea.
- The North’s unusually fast pace in testing activity underscore its dual goal of advancing its weaponry and applying pressure on Washington over a deepening freeze in nuclear negotiations.
- The North has also tested a variety of new missiles, including a purported hypersonic weapon and its first launch since 2017 of an intermediate range missile potentially capable of reaching Guam, a key US military hub in the Pacific.
- It also conducted two medium-range tests from near its capital area in recent weeks that the US and South Korean militaries later assessed as involving components of the North’s largest ICBM, the Hwasong-17.
- Those two tests were aimed at developing cameras and other systems for a spy satellite.
The launch may possibly come around a major political anniversary in April, the birthday of state founder Kim Il Sung, the late grandfather of current leader Kim Jong Un.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 24
16. World Bank sells first ‘rhino’ bond to help S.Africa’s conservation efforts:
- The World Bank has issued the world’s first wildlife conservation bond, raising $150 million to help efforts to increase the endangered black rhino population in South Africa.
- The five-year ‘rhino bond’ issued will pay investors returns based on the rate of growth of black rhino populations at South Africa’s Addo Elephant National Park (AENP) and the Great Fish River Nature Reserve (GFRNR).
- After five years, investors would get a return of between 3.7% and 9.2% if the population increases.
- They would get no return if there is no change in the black rhino population, it added. Black rhinos are two-horned species of the endangered rhino family and are found only in Africa.
- The pay for success financial structure protects an endangered species and strengthens South Africa’s conservation efforts by leveraging the World Bank’s infrastructure and track record in capital markets.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 24
17. Rajnath Singh inaugurates BRO Tourism portal to facilitate e-booking of guided tours:
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated Border Roads Organisation (BRO) Tourism portal (https://marvels.bro.gov.in) in New Delhi.
- The user-friendly website aims to facilitate e-booking of guided tours to the road infrastructure projects constructed by the BRO.
- In the initial phase, only e-Booking for guided tour to Atal Tunnel, Rohtang will be available through the portal.
- Soon, infrastructure projects in Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh etc. will be included for guided tours.
- World’s highest motorable road at Umling La Pass, state of the art bi lane Sela Tunnel and Nechiphu Tunnel are among the projects which will be included.
- Special mention of the setting up of BRO Cafes at 75 places in far-flung areas, expressing confidence that these cafes will provide basic amenities to the travellers, promote tourism in remote areas and strengthen the local economy.
18. Govt has set target of creating 220 new airports by 2025:
- The Civil Aviation industry has become a key element of India’s economy, Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia announced that the Government has set a target of creating 220 new airports by 2025.
- The simplification of pilot licence will be done in the coming days with the latest technology.
- The Government plans to create 33 new domestic cargo terminals, set up 15 new flight training schools for pilots, create more jobs, and increase focus on the drone sector.
- Earlier only big cities had airports, today that has changed completely.
- This is the reason why the Civil Aviation industry has become a key element of India’s economy.
- The minister informed the House that 3.82 lakh passengers per day undertook air travel in the last seven days.
- He informed the house that Ministry is targeting to triple the passenger throughput from 34.5 crore in 2018-19 to 40 crore in 2023-24.
19. PM Modi Inaugurates Biplobi Bharat Gallery at Kolkata’s Victoria Memorial:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on the occasion of Shaheed Diwas virtually inaugurated the Biplobi Bharat Gallery at Victoria Memorial Hall in Kolkata.
- The gallery provides a holistic view of the events that led to Independence, highlighting the contributions of revolutionaries in the freedom struggle.
- Urging the youth of the country not to underestimate their strength and potential, the prime minister asserted that India will reach great heights as a superpower due to the hard work of today’s youngsters.
- The country is now assessing its past glorious heritage with new insight.
- We have set up Dr Ambedkar National Memorial in Delhi and Bhagwan Birsa Munda Memorial Park in Ranchi among other such structures to boost heritage tourism.