Daily Current Affairs March 23
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 23. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 23 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs March 23
1. Bihar Diwas 2022:
- Bihar Day or Bihar Diwas is observed on March 22 every year.
- The day marks the formation of the state of Bihar.
- This year, the state is celebrating the 110th Bihar Diwas.
- The day will be celebrated with zeal and enthusiasm at Gandhi Maidan and Sri Krishna Memorial from March 22 to March 24.
- Regional artists will showcase their performances at a separate pavillion.
- Stalls from various government departments will be set up at the event.
- It was on this day that the British carved out the state from Bengal in 1912.
- Bihar Day is a public holiday in the state.
- The Bihar Diwas 2022 theme is ‘Jal, Jeevan, Hariyali’.
2. World Meteorological Day 2022:
- World Meteorological Day will be observed on 23rd March every year.
- World Meteorological Day is observed as it celebrates the establishment of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
- World Meteorological Day helps people to understand and realise their role in protecting the atmosphere of the Earth.
- It makes people more aware of their surroundings.
- The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) came into existence on 23 March, in the year 1950.
- The WMO looks after four aspects that include weather, climate, water, and environment.
- This organization was formed on 23 March 1950.
- This intergovernmental organization has the membership of 193 UN member states.
- The organization has worked towards making the world a better place to live.
- The headquarters of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) is situated in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The International Meteorological Organization (IMO) form the roots of the WMO.
- The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) was inspected by Vienna International Meteorological Congress 1873.
- The significance of World Meteorological Day is that it concentrates on the global acknowledgement of different issues related to planet Earth.
- The day helps to raise awareness against various issues and concerns of the Earth across the world.
- World Meteorological Day 2022 has the theme “Early Warning and Early Action”.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 23
3. Ash Barty retires from tennis at age 25; won 3 Grand Slams:
- Ash Barty retired from tennis at age 25 while ranked No. 1 and less than two months after winning the Australian Open for her third Grand Slam singles title.
- She was the Wimbledon junior champion at age 15 in 2011, presaging a promising professional career, but left the tour entirely for nearly two years in 2014 because of burnout, overwhelmed by the pressure and travel required.
- Barty went on to win singles major championships on three different surfaces on clay at the 2019 French Open 2021.
- Barty won 15 tour-level titles in singles and another 12 in doubles since first turning pro in 2010.
- She spent 121 weeks at No. 1 in the rankings, including the last 114 in a row.
- Her announcement was all the more stunning from an on-court perspective given her recent run of success.
- Barty had won 25 of her last 26 matches and three of her past four events.
4. ICICI Bank partners with Chennai Super Kings, launches co-branded credit card:
- ICICI Bank has launched a co-branded credit card in partnership with Chennai Super Kings (CSK), one of the most successful cricket teams in India.
- Called ‘Chennai Super Kings ICICI Bank Credit Card’, the card has been specially designed with a range of exclusive privileges for millions of cricket fans of the iconic team.
- To an exclusive set of co-branded credit cards offered by the Bank to enable sports enthusiasts to connect with their favourite teams as well as avail benefits of a credit card.
- Four years ago, ICICI Bank launched a co-branded credit card with Manchester United, a professional football club of England.
How to apply for ‘Chennai Super Kings ICICI Bank Credit Card’:
- Customers can apply for the ‘Chennai Super Kings ICICI Bank Credit Card’ by sending an SMS ‘KING’ to 5676766.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 23
5. ICICI Lombard partners with Airtel Payments Bank for smartphone insurance:
- Airtel Payments Bank customers can now buy smartphone insurance through a fast, paperless, and secure digital process from ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company on the Airtel Thanks app.
- Airtel Payments Bank has further strengthened its insurance offering available on its digital platform.
- The smartphone insurance solution from ICICI Lombard provides financial protection against damage to the phone and its screen resulting from accidents or liquid spills.
- This smartphone insurance customers can file up to two claims during the policy period, and it also includes free pickup & delivery, making it a unique offering in the market, the insurance firm claimed.
- With a monthly premium starting at ₹1299, customers can get an insurance sum that is equivalent to the purchase price of their smartphone.
- Customers can get this insurance on their own until ten days after purchasing a smartphone priced between ₹10,000 to ₹100,000.
- After submitting smartphone details, the insurance is automatically issued without a device health check.
- Keeping user experience the company also offers tech-driven solutions such as the ‘IL TakeCare App’ where customers can purchase policies, manage claims, and renew policies seamlessly.
- Additionally, the company offers its customers the option to buy insurance through different channels at their convenience.
6. SBI Card, Nature’s Basket join hands to launch International Gourmet Card:
- SBI Card announced the partnership with Nature’s Basket, India’s leading premium grocery store brand, to launch the first-of-its-kind credit card, ‘Nature’s Basket SBI Card’.
- This credit card will be an important addition to SBI Card’s already robust premium portfolio.
- Nature’s Basket SBI Card will cater to the fast-evolving gourmet taste of premium consumers, the first-of-its-kind ‘Nature’s Basket SBI Card’ will address their unique lifestyle-related spend needs, including grocery and gourmet.
- SBI and Nature’s Basket will introduce the card in two variants ‘Nature’s Basket SBI Card’ and ‘Nature’s Basket SBI Card Elite’ to enable cardholders to derive maximum value from their spending at Nature’s Basket stores along with other key spend categories such as international travel, dining, and entertainment.
- The card will be available from the fortnight of April 2022.
Key Highlights of Nature’s Basket SBI Card:
- Nature’s Basket SBI Card’ variants will enable cardholders to earn up to 20 Reward Points on every ₹100 spent at Nature’s Basket stores and up to 10 Reward Points on every ₹100 spent on dining, movies, and international travel, unparalleled benefits such as complimentary Bookmyshow movie tickets, Taj gift vouchers, Nature’s Basket welcome gift vouchers, and access to higher tiers of Nature’s Basket loyalty program, among others.
- Nature’s Basket SBI Card Elite cardholders will also be able to use the card to avail complimentary access to airport lounges while traveling domestically and internationally. Nature’s Basket SBI Card Elite will offer 8 complimentary visits per year to domestic lounges and 6 complimentary visits per year to International Priority Pass lounges.
- The cards will be launched through the Visa platform.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs March 23
7. Kotak, Axis acquire nearly 8 pc stake each in ONDC:
- Kotak Mahindra Bank and Axis Bank have acquired 7.84 per cent stake each in the open public digital infrastructure framework entity ONDC.
- Both the banks have invested Rs 10 crore each in the entity.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has subscribed to 10,00,000 equity shares of Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) for a consideration of Rs 10 crore, translating into an equity shareholding of 7.84 per cent in ONDC.
- Axis Bank has allotted 10,00,000 equity shares of face value of Rs 100 each for a consideration of Rs 10 crore. Post allotment, the shareholding of the bank in ONDC is 7.84 per cent.
- ONDC was creating an open public digital infrastructure to develop and transform the Indian digital commerce ecosystem for both goods and services.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs March 23
8. Rage Coffee onboards Virat Kohli as investor and brand ambassador:
- The Delhi based FMCG Company that manufactures, markets, and distributes innovative packaged coffee products “Rage Coffee” has onboarded Virat Kohli as an investor and brand ambassador.
- Previously Rage Coffee had raised $5 million of growth capital as part of its Series A funding round led by Sixth Sense Ventures in Aug 2021.
- A caffeine innovation brand, Rage popularity is driven by a strong community.
- The brand has swiftly scaled up to new territories since its inception in 2018 selling extensively online and expanding the offline network, covering over 2500 offline touch points across India.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs March 23
9. Mohamad Reza Masoumi from Iran bags 13th Greenstorm photography award:
- Mohamad Reza Masoumi from Iran has won the 13th edition of the prestigious Greenstorm Global Photography Award, is organised in association with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- The theme for this year’s festival was ‘Restore Green Lineage’ based on the UNEP theme for 2021 World Environment Day Ecosystem Restoration.
- This year’s award saw a whopping 3,519 entries submitted by photographers from 42 countries.
- The winners were awarded cash prizes worth Rs 1 lakh.
- Masoumi’s winning entry depicts a breathtaking sight of a man-made forest in Iran spreading through the region of Khalkhal.
- It exhibits a remarkable human attempt to restore the balance of nature by revitalising the environment.
- The first runner-up for the award is Jophel Botero Ybiosa from the Philippines.
- Hadi Dehghanpour from Iran, was chosen as the second runner-up for the award.
10. Abel prize for 2022 goes to American mathematician Dennis P. Sullivan:
- One of Abel prize winner Dennis Parnell Sullivan’s key breakthroughs is in developing a new way of understanding rational homotopy theory, a subfield of algebraic topology, The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters has awarded the Abel prize for the year 2022 to American Mathematician Dennis Parnell Sullivan.
- He is with the Graduate School and University Center of the City University of New York and the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
- The citation mentions that the award has been given, “For his groundbreaking contributions to topology in its broadest sense, and in particular its algebraic, geometric and dynamical aspects.”
- Topology is a field of mathematics which was born in the nineteenth century and has to do with properties of surfaces that do not change when they are deformed.
- Topologically, a circle and a square are the same; similarly, surfaces of a doughnut and a coffee mug with one handle are topologically equivalent, however the surface of a sphere and a coffee mug are not equivalent.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs March 23
11. Asteria Aerospace launches drone software platform SkyDeck:
- Jio Platforms’ subsidiary Asteria Aerospace, a drone manufacturer and solution provider in India has launched its drone operations platform SkyDeck.
- SkyDeck is a cloud-based software platform to deliver a Drone-as-a-Service (DaaS) solution for various industry verticals, such as agriculture, surveying, industrial inspections, and surveillance and security.
- SkyDeck provides a unified dashboard and services for drone fleet management, scheduling and executing drone flights, data processing, and visualization, and AI-based analysis of aerial data captured using drones.
- Features of SkyDeck, to ensures operational transparency, improves collaboration between stakeholders and provides secure and centralized management for scaling drone programs across multiple applications.
- With the launch of SkyDeck the need of the hour with integrated drone hardware, software, and operations solutions.
- SkyDeck simplifies the use of drones to generate aerial data and turns that digital data into business insights to power drone applications at scale.
12. Defence Ministry clears Indian Army’s Rs 4,000 crore proposal for surveillance satellite to keep eye on China, Pak border:
- To boost the Indian Army, the Defence Ministry cleared Rs 4,000 crore proposal for a dedicated surveillance satellite to keep an eye on the activities along the borders with China and Pakistan.
- The Defence Acquisition Council cleared the proposal for a made in India dedicated satellite for the Indian Army.
- The project for the satellite GSAT 7B will be carried out in partnership with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and would help the Indian Army enhance its surveillance in border areas.
- The Indian Navy and Air Force already have dedicated satellites of their own and the approval to this will help the Indian Army to achieve the capability.
- The satellite built by ISRO would also help the Make in India programme initiated by PM Modi to develop indigenous industry in the country.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 23
13. Punjab CM launches anti-corruption helpline number:
- Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann launched an anti-corruption helpline number that will allow people to upload videos of officials asking for a bribe or indulging in other malpractices.
- The number 9501200200 launched on the martyrdom day of legandary freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev, and called it ”an anti-corruption action line”.
- People to send videos of those who demand bribe or commission for any work to this number.
- The staff will inquire into it and whosoever is found guilty, be it an officer, our minister or an MLA, strict action will be taken against them.
- He urged people to share only corruption-related videos on this number.
14. J-K Lieutenant Governor flags off ‘Spring Run for Drug-Free Srinagar’:
- With an aim to make Srinagar drug-free, a spring run was flagged off by Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha at Nehru Park.
- The participants took an oath on the occasion they pledged to say “yes to life and no to drugs”.
- They also pledged to maintain a healthy lifestyle and would help create awareness about the ill effects of drug abuse in society.
- In the spring run to create awareness and also promote sports culture.
15. Union Home Secretary inaugurates 8th INTERPOL Liaison Officers conference-2022 at CBI HQ:
- The Union Home Secretary Ajay Kumar Bhalla inaugurated the one-day 8th Interpol Liaison Officers’ Conference organised on a virtual platform.
- The conference that was themed on “Tracking Crime and Criminals Globally” has been organised by CBI which is the National Central Bureau (NCB) for INTERPOL in India.
- The participants including Interpol Liaison Officers (ILOs) from States, Union Territories, other Law Enforcement Agencies and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) attended the conference.
- ILOs play a key coordinating role in the execution of Letters of Request and Mutual Legal Assistance Requests from other countries which are forwarded to them for execution.
- Ministry of Home Affairs has issued comprehensive guidelines on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters.
- These guidelines have provided a detailed process for seeking assistance from abroad by sending Court issued Letter of Request, the MHA issued Mutual Legal Assistance Requests and a detailed outline for examination of witnesses using the latest technical means.
- ILOs’ conferences are being organised by the International Police Cooperation Unit (IPCU) of CBI since 2003.
- Seven Conferences have been organised so far.
16. Mandaviya to inaugurate Step-Up to End TB – World TB Day Summit:
- Union Health Minister Dr Mansukh Mandaviya will inaugurate the “Step-Up to End TB- World TB Day Summit” on the occasion of World Tuberculosis Day at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The chief guest at the Summit will be the Governor of Uttar Pradesh, Anandiben Patel, will attend virtually.
- India’s accelerated pace of innovations and achievements for eliminating TB by 2025, five years ahead of the TB-related SDG targets of 2030.
- It will provide a forum to showcase the National TB Elimination Programme’s learnings and successes and frame it in a manner that inspires more forward-looking policies across infectious diseases, and not just TB alone.
- Union Health Minister will award well-performing states and districts for achieving improved levels of TB elimination.
17. 11th edition of literature festival Jashn-e-Adab to begin:
- The three day festival, to be held at India International Centre (IIC), celebrates the rich cultural and literary legacy of Urdu and Hindi.
- The inaugural event of ‘Jashn-e-Adab’ will see participation of eminent poets, including Vigya Vrat, Javed Mushiri, Gautam Raj Rishi and Ehya Bhojpuri.
- Lyricist Sameer Anjaan, actor Pankaj Tripathi, Punjabi singer Jasbir Jassi and Urdu poet Farhat Ehsaas are among those headlining the 11th edition of Jashn-e-Adab Sahityotsava.
- To mark World Theatre Day on March 27, Asmita Theatre Group will present ”Court Martial” a play written by Swadesh Deepak and directed by Arvind Gaur.
18. Indian Railways develops indigenous ATP system Kavach for train safety:
- Indian Railways has developed the Automatic Train Protection (ATP) system called Kavach for enhancing safety of running trains.
- KAVACH is developed indigenously by RDSO (Research Design and Standards Organisation) in association with three Indian vendors and is adopted as the National Automatic Train Protection (ATP) system.
- KAVACH will aid Loco Pilot to avoid Signal Passing at Danger (SPAD) and over speeding.
- It will also help the trains to run during inclement weather such as dense fog.
- The salient features to controls the speed of the train by automatic application of the brakes in case of Loco Pilot failure.
- The total expense on development of this technology is Rs. 16.88 crore.
- Nearly 1,098 km of network route in South Central Railway is under Kavach.
- Indian Railway has conducted trials of Kavach on absolute block section.
- At present Kavach roll out is planned on New Delhi-Howrah and New Delhi – Mumbai section which is targeted for completion by March 2024.
19. Kerala to introduce carbon-neutral farming methods:
- Kerala is set to become the first State in the country to introduce carbon-neutral farming methods in selected locations, for which the government has set aside ₹6 crore in the 2022-23 Budget.
- It was introduced to create awareness of improving soil health through climate-smart agriculture practices.
- In the first phase of carbon-neutral farming will be implemented in 13 farms under the Agriculture department and tribal areas, and steps are on to convert the State Seed Farm at Aluva a carbon-neutral farm.
- In the second phase, model carbon-neutral farms will be developed in all the 140 Assembly constituencies.
- The carbon-neutral agriculture was the need of the times for environmental balance and improved health and safe sustenance of future generations.
New farming methods:
- The Agriculture department was involved in a process of adopting new farming methods in phases, which would reduce carbon emissions and help carbon to be stored in the soil.
- Improving soil health through integrated farming methods, rotation of crops, adoption of fertigation, precision farming methods, changing the ways in which the soil is irrigated and limiting the indiscriminate use of fertilizers were important for preventing soil degradation and thus reducing carbon footprint in agriculture.