Daily Current Affairs March 22
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 22. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 22 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs March 22
1. World Water Day 2022:
- World Water Day is observed on March 22 to raise awareness about the importance of water and educate people to conserve it.
- A principal focus of World Water Day is to support the achievement of United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal 6, which is to ensure safe water and sanitation for all by 2030.
- The theme of World Water Day this year is “Groundwater, making the invisible visible”.
History and Significance:
- The idea of observing a water day around the world was first mooted during the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development in Rio de Janeiro in 1992.
- That year, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution by which March 22 was declared World Day for Water.
- The observation began the next year, in 1993.
2. World Down Syndrome Day 2022:
- World Down Syndrome Day (WDSD) is observed every year on 21 March.
- It is a global campaign which is observed annually to spread awareness about Down Syndrome.
- According to the official website of the United nations (UN), Down syndrome occurs when an individual has an extra partial (or whole) copy of chromosome 21.
- It is not yet know why this syndrome occurs, but Down syndrome has always been a part of the human condition.
- First World Down Syndrome Day was celebrated in 2012.
3. World Poetry Day 2022:
- Poetry falls under the category of art and literature and provides a space for the human world to express their emotions.
- March 21 is celebrated as World Poetry Day and people across the world celebrate and honour the poets who have inspired generations after generations.
- Poetry has become a tool that can inspire, give a fresh start to a new relationship, mend broken ones and create harmony in the surrounding.
- Poetry is not just for happy hearts, but several sad and broken hearts as well that had stirred a revolution in the past.
- In 1999, World Poetry Day was adopted by UNESCO (United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization) during the 30th General Conference in Paris.
- The aim behind celebrating the day is to support linguistic diversity through poetry.
Poetry helps us promote and spread teachings from different languages.
- The approach is to preserve endangered languages and make more people aware of treasured forms of cultural and linguistic poetic expressions.
- The day is celebrated to foster the convergence between poetry and other forms of arts such as theatre, dance, music, and painting, and to raise the visibility of poetry in the media.
- Several schools, colleges, organisations publishers, and poets from all over the world celebrate this day.
- Besides, many poets come together and organise small gatherings where they read poetry and teach the art of writing poems, and spreads awareness of poetry to the public in general.
- Besides, schools, colleges, and other educational institutes organise poetry competitions for the students.
4. World Puppetry Day 2022:
- World Puppetry Day is celebrated every year on March 21 to pay tribute to the puppet artists around the world and make people aware of the art of puppetry.
- The day was recognized in 2002 by the Union Internationale de la Marionnette (UNIMA) with the aim to conserve the traditional art form and promote it.
- The first celebration was witnessed on March 21, 2003.
- In India, the art of puppetry is believed to have originated during the ancient Indus Valley Civilization.
- Archaeologists discovered a terracotta doll with a detachable head attached to a string.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 22
5. Hockey India to begin 2022 domestic season:
- Hockey India will begin the 2022 domestic season with the 2nd Hockey India Senior Women Inter-Department National Championship and the 2nd Hockey India Sub Junior Men Academy National Championship in New Delhi and Ghumanhera respectively.
- A total of six teams will vie for top honours at the 2nd Hockey India Senior Women Inter-Department National Championship 2022 at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium.
- The teams will play five matches each in the pool stage and the top two ranked teams will take on each other in the Final of the second edition of the Hockey India Senior Women Inter-Department National Championship.
- As many as 29 teams will compete in the 2nd Hockey India Sub Junior Men Academy National Championship 2022 which will be played at the Major Dhyan Chand Hockey Stadium in Ghumanhera.
6. Archery championship begins in Jammu:
- A week-long 41st NTPC Senior National Archery Men and Women Championship commenced at the Maulana Azad Stadium.
- BJP MP Jugal Kishore Sharma, also President of the Archery Association of Jammu and Kashmir, inaugurated the championship.
- A total of 1,015 participants from 42 teams from different states, Union Territories and Boards are taking part.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs March 22
7. India ranks 51st in global list of annual rise in housing prices:
- India ranks 51st in annual appreciation in housing prices with a 2.1 per cent rise in rates during the October-December quarter of the last year, according to property consultant Knight Frank.
- Global House Price Index tracks the movement in mainstream residential prices across 56 countries and territories worldwide using official statistics.
- The index tracks nominal and real price growth in local currencies.
- The rankings on the price movement have been accounted basis the nominal price growth change.
- The average annual price change across 56 countries and territories was recorded at 10.3 per cent.
- Turkey witnessed the highest annual price growth rate by 59.6 per cent in the year to Q4 2021, followed by New Zealand (22.6 per cent), Czech Republic (22.1 per cent), Slovakia (22.1 per cent) and Australia (21.8 per cent).
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 22
8. SUD Life, Vakrangee join hands to sell insurance policies in smaller towns:
- Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance (SUD Life) will tap customers living in smaller towns and rural areas through a partnership with Vakrangee.
- SUD Life is a joint venture between Bank of India, Union Bank of India, and Dai-ichi Life Japan.
- The partnership with the fintech player is at the forefront driving financial inclusion and social inclusion through its network of kendras, aims to increase company’s footprints and provide insurance services till the last mile across Bharat.
- The partnership of SUD Life, having more than 1.3 crore customers, with Vakrangee, currently having 19,230 kendras, mostly in tier 5 and 6 towns, will help the insurer expand its base in the interior areas of the country.
9. Bank of India invests nearly Rs 109 cr in NARCL:
- Bank of India (BoI) on Monday said it has invested nearly Rs 109 crore in National Asset Reconstruction Company Ltd (NARCL).
- Bank has invested Rs 108.81 crore in National Asset Reconstruction Company Ltd (NARCL), under preferential share issue.
- The bank’s shareholding in NARCL will come to 9 per cent as on March 21, 2022.
- Incorporated in July 2021, NARCL is an asset reconstruction company backed by the government.
- Shares of BoI closed at Rs 47.50 apiece on BSE, down by 1.14 per cent from previous close.
10. Equitas Small Finance Bank gets Board approval for amalgamation with Equitas Holdings:
- Equitas Small Finance Bank Ltd (ESFBL) announced that its Board of Directors has approved a Scheme of Amalgamation between Equitas Holdings Ltd (EHL) and ESFBL and their respective shareholders.
- This amalgamation is being pursued to comply with the central bank’s norms on small finance banks.
- The scheme pertains to the amalgamation of Equitas Holdings Limited (the transferor company) into and with Equitas Small Finance Bank Limited (the transferee company) and the dissolution without winding-up of the transferor company pursuant thereto.
- This amalgamation is being pursued to comply with the central bank’s norms on small finance banks, which require the promoter (EHL in this case) to reduce the stake in the subsidiary to 40% within five years of commencement of operations by SFB.
- As of June 30, 2021, Equitas Holdings held an 81.75% stake in Equitas SFB.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs March 22
11. HarperCollins India announces the publication of The Book of Bihari Literature:
- On the occasion of Bihar Day, HarperCollins India announces the publication of The Book of Bihari Literature, edited by poet-diplomat Abhay K, in October 2022.
- Abhay K. (b.1980) comes from Nalanda, Bihar, and is the author of ten poetry books.
- He received the SAARC Literary Award 2013 and was invited to record his poems at the Library of Congress, Washington, DC, in 2018.
- His translations of Kalidasa’s Meghaduta and Ritusamhara from Sanskrit won the KLF Poetry Book of the Year Award 2020-21.
About the book:
- The Book of Bihari Literature is the first-ever attempt to present a glimpse of the rich world of Bihari literature in English translation from among the many languages spoken in Bihar.
- Many of these works have been translated for the first time, making these accessible to the English-speaking world.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs March 22
12. Pramod Sawant to take oath as Goa CM:
- Pramod Sawant will take oath as the Chief Minister of Goa on March 28 and Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to attend the swearing-in ceremony.
- Sawant along with the BJP leaders met Governor PS Sreedharan Pillai stake a claim to form the government.
- In the recently concluded state Assembly polls, the BJP emerged as the single largest party in Goa, winning 20 seats in the 40-member state Assembly and reducing Congress to 11 seats.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs March 22
13. Devendra Jhajharia receives Padma Bhushan, first para athlete to do so:
- The legendary Devendra Jhajharia became the first para athlete to receive the Padma Bhushan, the country’s third highest civilian award.
- The 40-year-old Jhajharia received the prestigious award from President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Jhajharia is a multiple-time Paralympics medal winner, having won his maiden gold during the 2004 Paralympics in Athens, his second gold medal during the Rio Games in 2016, and a silver medal during the 2020 Tokyo edition last year.
- Tokyo Paralympics double medallist shooter Avani Lekhara received the Padma Shri for her excellent showing last year.
- Lekhara won a gold medal in the 10m air rifle standing event and a bronze in the 50m rifle 3 positions event.
- Alongside Jhajharia and Lekhara, gold medal-winning javelin thrower Sumit Anil, gold medallist in badminton Pramod Bhagat were the other Paralympic stars to be conferred with the honour.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs March 22
14. OneWeb partners with Musk’s SpaceX to resume satellite launches, overcome challenges posed by Russia-Ukraine war:
- Bharti Group-backed OneWeb has entered into a global agreement with Elon Musk’s aerospace company, SpaceX, to resume launching its low-earth orbit (LEO) satellites.
- The first launch with SpaceX is anticipated in 2022 and will add to OneWeb’s total in-orbit constellation that now stands at 428 satellites, or 66% of the (targeted 648-strong) fleet.
- OneWeb’s network will deliver high-speed, low-latency global connectivity.
- OneWeb, though, expects the India launch to be delayed beyond the May 2022 timeline due to challenges brought by the ongoing Russia-Ukraine war.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 22
15. India, Australia for effective ‘Code of Conduct’ in South China Sea:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Australian counterpart Scott Morrison called for an effective “Code of Conduct” in the South China Sea, which is fully consistent with international law.
- The importance of being able to exercise rights and freedoms in all seas and oceans of the Indo-Pacific region, consistent with international law, particularly the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), including freedom of navigation and overflight.
- Leaders affirmed their commitment to further strengthening cooperation in the Indian Ocean region and with other Indian Ocean countries, including their support for the Indian Ocean Rim Association.
- PM Modi welcomed Australia’s enhanced engagement in the Indian Ocean in maritime and disaster preparedness, trade, investment and connectivity.
- They reaffirmed their commitment to an inclusive and prosperous region in which the sovereignty and territorial integrity of all states is respected and countries are free from military, economic and political coercion.
- Moreover, the leaders underscored their commitment to the cooperation between India, Australia, Japan and the United States on advancing the Quad’s positive and ambitious agenda to promote regional stability and prosperity.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 22
16. Govt extends applicability of New Investment Policy-2012 for HURL’s 3 fertiliser plants:
- The government approved the extension of applicability of the ‘New Investment Policy-2012’ for three upcoming units of Hindustan Urvarak & Rasayan Ltd (HURL) at Gorakhpur, Sindri and Barauni.
- The government had announced the New Investment Policy (NIP) – 2012 in January, 2013 and its amendment in October, 2014 to facilitate fresh investment in the urea sector and to make India self-sufficient.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has given approval for the proposal of the Department of Fertilisers for extension of applicability of New Investment Policy (NIP)-2012.
- HURL, incorporated in June, 2016, is a joint venture of Coal India Ltd, NTPC and Indian Oil Corporation.
- It is reviving the erstwhile Gorakhpur and Sindri Units of FCIL and Barauni Unit of GFCL by setting up new gas based urea plants with an installed capacity of 12.7 lakh tonnes per annum each.
- The cost of the three HURL urea projects is Rs 25,120 crore.
- The commissioning of the three units will add 38.1 lakh tonnes per annum urea production in the country.
- The project will not only improve the availability of fertiliser to farmers but also give a boost to the economy in the region including development of infrastructure like roads, railways, ancillary industry etc. besides ensuring food security to the nation.
- These three facilities aim to meet the demand for urea in seven states Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Odisha.
- All three HURL units have various unique features like blast-proof control room equipped with DCS (distributed control system), ESD (emergency shutdown system) and environment monitoring systems.
- There is no offsite waste water disposal in these plants.
- The systems are operated by the highly motivated, dedicated, well-trained operators.
HURL-Gorakhpur unit has India’s first air-operated bullet-proof rubber dam of 65 metres length and 2 metres height.
17. Red Fort to host cultural festival ‘Bharat Bhagya Vidhata’:
- A10-day ‘Red Fort Festival Bharat Bhagya Vidhata’ event showcasing India’s history, art, heritage, culture and cuisine will be held at the iconic 17th-century monument.
- The festival is part of the government’s Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, celebrating 75 years of India’s Independence.
- It is a collaboration of the Union Culture Ministry and the Dalmia Bharat Group which has adopted the Red Fort as its Monument Mitra.
- The ‘Red Fort Festival – Bharat Bhagya Vidhata’ will include a projection on the exterior walls of the Red Fort showcasing India’s history, an exhibition of the nation’s achievements through the years and a host of cultural programs featuring the country’s vibrant arts and craftsmanship.
- The event will also feature a culinary explosion of regional cuisines and specially curated song and dance performances paying homage to the country’s glorious history of unity in diversity.
- Highlighting the history of India in engaging and interactive sequences, the Red Fort Festival – Bharat Bhagya Vidhata is planned as an annual event, underlining themes such as the freedom struggle, ideas, resolve and achievements at 75 and beyond.