Daily Current Affairs March 04
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 04. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 04 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs March 04
1. National Grammar Day – March 4, 2022:
- On March 4, we let our inner nerd out for National Grammar Day!
- The day was established in 2008 by Martha Brockenbrough, the founder of the Society for the Promotion of Good Grammar.
- The day’s motto is: “It’s not only a date, it’s an imperative: March forth on March 4 to speak well, write well, and help others do the same!”
- We take that imperative seriously, so this National Grammar Day, we are celebrating the idiosyncrasies of the English language by studying up on common grammar mistakes, proofreading our correspondence.
2. Employee Appreciation Day 2022:
- Every year, the 1st Friday of March is widely known as Employee Appreciation Day.
This year the crucial day falls on March 4.
- Historically speaking, Dr Bob Nelson was the one who added this day as an unofficial holiday in 1995.
- He realised the reality that the fulfillment of an organization is closely proportional to worker delight and stressed the significance of boosting worker morale.
- His inspiration came from a study that concluded that strengthening the worker-company bond by recognizing the employee’s efforts might be quite beneficial.
Why celebrate this day:
- Created to make room for acknowledging the blood, sweat and tears of the workforce towards their professional responsibilities.
- The diligence of personnel and bestowing them with due popularity, this day aims at bringing cheer and happiness to working professionals.
- Around 70% of personnel have expressed how they might feel highly motivated if bosses mentioned or conveyed a ‘thank you’ to them for their hard work.
- After all, ‘empathy’, ‘gratitude’ and ‘flexibility’ are at the heart of maintaining the bond and retaining the freshness and zeal alive in a healthy work environment.
- It promotes worker retention when they feel their opinion is valuable, trusted, recognized and be a part of their work family.
Significance of this day:
- What could be more amazing than making personnel feel valued, and create the vibe that makes them realise they matter!
- Appreciation Day is an amazing chance to create a wonderful impact on personnel and ensure a healthy work environment to invest in mentally and physically.
- It’s clearly out there that employee appreciation ramps up the productivity of the organization.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 04
3. Virat Kohli becomes sixth Indian batter to score 8,000 Test runs:
- Indian batter Virat Kohli achieved yet another milestone during his historic 100th Test match as he became the sixth Indian batter to score 8,000 Test runs for India.
- His milestone came against Sri Lanka in the 1st Test match here at the PCA IS Bindra stadium.
- Virat Kohli joins legends like Sachin Tendulkar (15,921), Rahul Dravid (13,288), Sunil Gavaskar (10,122), VVS Laxman (8,781) and Virender Sehwag (8,586) who amassed 8,000 or more runs in Test cricket for India.
- Virat Kohli has struck 27 centuries and 28 half-centuries en route to his 8,000 runs in the longer format of the game with the highest score of 254 not out.
4. Cricketer Mithali Raj on board as Usha International’s brand ambassador:
- Usha International announced Mithali Raj India’s greatest female batter and currently the Test and ODI Captain of the Indian women’s national cricket team as its brand ambassador across all product categories.
- With a career spanning over two decades, Mithali is the highest run-scorer in women’s international cricket and the recipient of several coveted awards, including the Wisden Leading Woman Cricketer in the World (2017), Arjuna Award (2003), the Padma Shri (2015) and the Major Dhyanchand Khel Ratna (2021).
- This association by the brand resonates perfectly with Usha’s ‘play’ ethos, which is aimed at promoting an active and healthy lifestyle amongst audiences.
- Having Mithali Raj onboard is our salute to the millions of Indian women who actively challenge the status quo with their new thinking and determination, and don multiple hats.
- Mithali’s determination to stay the path is inspirational to all the women out there who are following their dreams and breaking conventional stereotypes to shatter the glass ceiling.
- At Usha, we celebrate the resilient spirit women embrace to play pivotal roles in nurturing future women achievers across domains sports stadiums and boardrooms alik.
- Commenting on her association with Usha International, India’s leading consumer durables brand, cricketer Mithali Raj said, “Usha is a familiar household name that I grew up with sewing machine, fans, and yes, kitchen appliances it’s a brand that delivers on its promise.
- It’s a brand whose values I admire and identify with as they really are walking the talk.
- I discovered Usha Play, which is an integral part of Usha, and how it provides inclusive platforms supporting the youth, especially girls, at the grassroots level, teaching them valuable lessons on the sports field, breaking gender barriers as they played together.
- The work they do is commendable and rare and representing such a brand makes me proud.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs March 04
5. Former Army Chief Gen Sunith Francis Rodrigues passes away:
- General (retd) Sunith Francis Rodrigues, who headed the Indian Army between 1990 and 1993 and served as the governor of Punjab between 2004 and 2010, passed away.
- He was 88.
- General M M Naravane, Chief of Army Staff (COAS), and all ranks of the Indian Army express heartfelt condolences on the sad demise of General Sunith Francis Rodrigues, who passed away.
- Known as a thinker and strategist, he leaves behind a legacy of utmost dedication and service to the nation, it noted.
- ‘General S F Rodrigues was COAS of the Indian Army between 1990-93.
- In addition to his more than 40 years of illustrious service in the army, he served two terms on the National Security Advisory Board and was governor of Punjab between 2004 to 2010.
- Since his retirement, he has been engaged in social and literary pursuits and has also delivered numerous talks on strategic issues.
- The nation and the Indian Army will always be indebted to his invaluable contribution and service to the nation.
6. Australia great Rod Marsh passes away:
- Former Australia wicket-keeper Rod Marsh passed away at 74.
- He suffered a heart attack in Queensland and in induced coma at Royal Adelaide Hospital until his death.
- Marsh played 96 Tests, scoring three centuries and also claimed a then world record of 355 dismissals for a wicket-keeper behind the stumps.
- He also played a major role in harnessing stars such as Ricky Ponting and Brett Lee at the Australian Cricket Academy in Adelaide.
- Marsh was later hand-picked by England to lead their own academy in the lead-up to the 2005 Ashes series.
- He also served as a selector for England, before returning to Australia later in his career to replace John Inverarity as chairman of selectors from 2014 until he departed in 2016.
- He was a true legend of the game who has been part of international cricket for more than 50 years.
- His skill and talent with the gloves was exceptional, holding the world record for the number of dismissals at the time of his retirement.
- But his legacy has gone way beyond what he achieved on the field.
- An ICC Hall of Fame inductee in 2009, he played a significant role in developing young cricketers all around the world, including through his time as the inaugural director of coaching at the ICC Cricket Academy in Dubai, a facility that future generations of players from all countries will continue to benefit from.
- He will be sorely missed and the thoughts of everyone at the ICC are with his family and friends.
- Australia captain Pat Cummins echoed Allardice’s sentiments ahead of the historic first Test between Australia against Pakistan in Rawalpindi.
- Rod was a colossal figure in Australian cricket who gave close to 50 years of incredible service to Australian cricket, from his debut in the Ashes series of 1970/71, through to his time as National Selector, when many of the current group of Australian men’s players came into close contact with him.
- He was brilliant to deal with because he knew the game insideout, but also had a way of dealing with you to put you at your ease.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 04
7. KMBL partners with Indian Oil for credit card:
- Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMBL) has partnered with Indian Oil Corporation Limited to launch the Indian Oil Kotak co-branded fuel credit card.
- Indian Oil strongly believes in transforming fueling experiences by delivering best value to its customers.
- This partnership will help Indian Oil and Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited to further strengthen their brand reach and deepen customer engagement.
- This new co-branded credit card will be another initiative to promote the Government’s vision of a Digital India.
- More than 98 pc of the Indian Oil’s 33,000 plus fuel stations accept credit card, debit card and wallet payments.
- Fuel now accounts for a significant proportion of a family’s monthly budget, and our intent with the Indian Oil Kotak fuel credit card is to give our customers the best value power-packed card that enables them to earn more on their high-ticket regular card spends such as fuel, dining and groceries.
- We are delighted to partner with a Maharatna like Indian Oil to launch the Indian Oil Kotak Credit Card and look forward to welcoming Indian Oil customers to the Kotak family.
- The collaboration will offer more value to customers in the form of an enhanced rewards programme giving customers value on fuel spends and on special non-fuel and frequent-spend categories, such as dining and groceries.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs March 04
8. BSE joins hand with Cotton Guru Maha FPO Federation:
- Leading stock exchange BSE has collaborated with Cotton Guru Maha FPO Federation that will enable the bourse to reach out to a large stakeholder group in the cotton value chain.
- Cotton Guru Maha FPO Federation is a market-facing company, which is responsible for value-addition and marketing of member Farmer Producer Organisations and farmers.
- BSE will be able to enable the Cotton Guru Maha FPO’s members to effectively participate in knowledge-sharing initiatives to understand the benefits, techniques and strategies of risk management using cotton futures contracts.
- The MoU with Cotton Guru Maha FPO will enable the exchange to reach out to a large stakeholder group in the cotton value chain in one of the of the most prominent cotton growing, processing and textiles regions of the country.
- BSE not only provides a robust and efficient platform for price discovery and risk management in cotton but also undertakes several educational and awareness activities to sensitize stakeholders about the modalities of using the exchange platform.
- The pact also signals a long-term engagement between BSE and Cotton Guru to undertake several educational and awareness activities to sensitize cotton stakeholders about the modalities of using the exchange platform.
- Against the current backdrop of COVID and geopolitical uncertainty, awareness of risk management for cotton stakeholders is crucial as several factors like rainfall, pest attacks, exports have a bearing on cotton trade and prices.
- BSE aims to facilitate collaboration in fields like organising educational awareness events for cotton value chain participants, including farmers across Maharashtra, and joint representation to ministries and regulators for further development of the sector, and work together for designing of new products on commodities contracts.
- Both parties would together participate in seminars and various other programmes with mutual understanding to educate the people/community about the commodity derivatives markets, its benefits and encourage commodity stakeholders to hedge on exchanges.
- Further, both entities will cooperate in the growth and development of value chain participants and enable them to face competition and manage price risks better.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs March 04
9. Justice Shrivastava appointed acting chief justice of Rajasthan HC:
- According to a notification issued by the Department of Justice in the law ministry Justice Manindra Mohan Shrivastava was appointed acting chief justice of the Rajasthan High Court as incumbent Justice Akil Abdulhamid Kureshi is set to retire.
- Justice Kureshi was heading the Tripura High Court when he was transferred to the Rajasthan High Court last October.
- Justice Kureshi, one of the senior-most high court judges in the country, served in the Gujarat High Court and was in news due to his non-elevation as a judge of the apex court.
10. Aviation industry veteran Sanjiv Kapoor appointed Jet Airways CEO:
- Aviation veteran Sanjiv Kapoor will be the new chief executive officer of Jet Airways.
Kapoor, who has previously worked as chief operating officer at SpiceJet and chief strategy and commercial officer at Vistara, resigned as president of Oberoi Hotels.
Jet Airways stopped operations in April 2019.
- The Jalan-Kalrock consortium, comprising UAE-based entrepreneur Murari Lal Jalan and UK-based Kalrock Capital, was selected two years later to revive the airline.
- Kapoor will join Jet on April 4.
- Earlier, the company appointed Sri Lankan Airlines chief Vipula Gunatileka as its chief financial officer.
- Sanjiv as the CEO and Vipula as the CFO.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs March 04
11. Ram Chandra Prasad Singh presents Ispat Rajbhasha Sammaan Awards:
- The meeting of Hindi Advisory Committee of the Ministry of Steel was held at Madurai, Tamil Nadu under the chairmanship of the Union Minister of Steel, Shri Ram Chandra Prasad Singh.
- The Vice Chairman of the meeting, the Minister of State for Steel and Rural Development, Shri Faggan Singh Kulaste also graced the occasion.
- The Committee reviewed the progress of Hindi in detail and appreciated the efforts being made by the Ministry for promoting the progressive use of Hindi in official work.
- The Minister of Steel welcomed the suggestions given by the members for promoting the use of Hindi in the Ministry and its Undertakings.
- Shri Ram Chandra Prasad Singh assured the members for taking appropriate and prompt action on their constructive suggestions.
- Minister of State for Steel apprised the members about the status of usage of Hindi in the Ministry and its Undertakings.
- Earlier, Additional Secretary (Steel), Smt. Ruchika Chaudhry Govil welcomed the Committee. The meeting was being held after a period of 3 years.
- The disruption was due to the prevailing pandemic in the country. Deputy Director (OL), Smt. Aastha Jain made Power Point Presentation on effective implementation of Hindi.
- CMDs of each of the 8 PSUs also presented their achievements in using and propagating the use of Hindi.
- On this occasion, Shri Ram Chandra Prasad Singh awarded “Ispat Rajbhasha Sammaan” awards and Commendation Certificates for the year 2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-21 to the Undertakings for their excellent performance in the usage of Official Language Rajbhasha.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs March 04
12. SpaceX successfully launches 47 Starlink satellites to low orbit:
- Elon Musk’s space venture SpaceX has successfully launched 47 Starlink satellites.
- The Starlink 4-9 mission lifted off from pad 39A at Kennedy Space Center in Florida and was SpaceX’s ninth of a planned 52 launches this year.
- The mission, flown by Falcon 9 booster “B1060”, has completed 11 flights since its debut in June 2020.
- The 47 Starlink satellites have now joined 2,000-plus others in the programme’s first-generation constellation orbiting Earth, providing high-speed, low-latency Internet across the globe, even in remote regions.
- Starlink is currently approved to expand its constellation to 12,000 satellites, though SpaceX has applied to launch a further 30,000.
- Thursday’s launch was the sixth Starlink mission of the year already for SpaceX. All of the launches were successful.
- But during the third mission, conducted on February 3, of the 49 Starlink satellites 38 failed to reach their intended orbit due to a geomagnetic storm, burning up as they re-entered Earth’s atmosphere.
- SpaceX’s next Starlink launch is scheduled for March 8 from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station (CCSFS) Launch Complex 40.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 04
13. Union MoS for MSME inaugurates Summit on Plastics Recycling & Waste Management:
- Union Minister of State for MSME inaugurated International Summit on Plastics Recycling & Waste Management being organized by Ministry of MSME in association with The All-India Plastics Manufacturers’ Association (AIPMA) at New Delhi.
- Ministry of MSME also launched two special initiatives – ‘Sambhav’ and ‘Svavlamban’ to promote entrepreneurship amongst youth, especially in aspirational Districts all across the country.
- The Mega International Summit emphasizes on “Know your Waste and how Recycling is the right thing to do, which is to be done in a right way”.
- The 2-day Summit scheduled at New Delhi will bring together distinguished speakers -National and International from the Government and Industry to deliberate upon challenges and opportunities in the Plastics.
- The summit will be attended by more than 350 MSME’s physically and more than 1000 MSMEs virtually from all over the country. Besides, international delegates from different countries will be attending the mega summit virtually.
- This Mega Event is an effective platform to bring together the stakeholders and experts to discuss the impact and possible solution for MSMEs and open new business opportunities in the Plastics industry and the Recycling Sector with a great belief in the vision of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- As part of the Iconic Week Celebrations under Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, Ministry of MSME is conducting Sambhav- National Level Awareness Program (NLAP) in Webinar Mode in 1300 colleges across the country through its field offices and organising more than 200 Nukkad Natak in 46 Aspirational Districts under a Special Drive called Svavlamban to promote entrepreneurship amongst youth population and spreading awareness on Schemes of Ministry and its Initiatives.
- Recycling plastic is one of the foremost steps towards innovation and sustainability in this industry.
- Considering the global potential and employment opportunities, the Plastic industry will play a major role in the success of the “Make in India” policy of the Government of India.
- Emphasizing on the role of Plastics and Recycling Mr. Kishore P. Sampat, President, AIPMA.
- AIPMA have organized various virtual events with MSME-DIs of different states on Plastic Waste Management and Recycling Technologies to generate awareness and to bring our members up to speed on Extended Producers Responsibility (EPR) and New Plastic Waste Management Policies.
- Shri Arvind Mehta, Chairman, Governing Council, AIPMA mentioned A sustainable, plastic waste management lies on the ability to recover & recycle plastics profitably.
- There is huge scope for formalizing this sector and vastly improving both quality and capacity of recycling. This mega conference would open up many business opportunities for MSME’s in the recycling and waste management sector in the country.
14. WCD Ministry, UNICEF YuWaah facilitate NaariShakti conversation on STEM:
- As part of the Ministry of Women and Child Development’s ‘Iconic Week’ celebrating International Women’s Day under the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’, UNICEF YuWaah facilitated the #NaariShakti conversation, on ‘STEM and Financial Literacy for Young Women’.
- The event was graced by Smt Smriti Zubin Irani, Union Minister for Women and Child Development.
- Adolescent girls from different parts of India joined the event.
- The event started with the panel on ‘Young Women in STEM: Opportunities, Challenges and Solutions’ focused on uniting diverse voices and sparking a commitment to gender equality in STEM.
- The panel discussed how we can nurture young women to form an interest in science, to pursue higher studies and careers in STEM-related fields, etc.
- The panel also discussed the importance of women’s participation in STEM and benefits to India’s economic and social growth along with the Government Programs promoting women’s participation in STEM.
- Union Minister Smriti Zubin Irani interacted with young girls from civil society, NGOs and SHGs and two students from Atal Tinkering Lab, NITI Aayog on the need for STEM education and Financial Literacy for girls and young women, encouraging them to pursue STEM careers and focus on financial literacy.
- This was followed by an immersion session by Neha Nagar, Entrepreneur, Investor and Finance Social Media Influencer on ‘Financial Literacy for girls and women.
- Speaking on the occasion, We need to do better in our conversations around STEM.
- We need to encourage young girls to actively take part in scholastic & academic events, explore virtual labs, pursue science for the sake of excellence in science from the perspective of research, as much as we encourage our young boys.
- And the focus has to be driven at a primary stage in order to achieve the desired results.
Prof. K Vijay Raghavan, Principal Scientific Adviser to Govt of India mentioned, Women have contributed immensely in the field of STEM, yet unfortunately there is a small percentage of women that have gained recognition for their contributions.
- Recently, we have started to acknowledge their efforts which is a stepping stone towards a better, more inclusive workspace culture.
- We also need to introduce more programs in the field so that more and more young women can actively participate in the process of development.
- Young women face various social, cultural barriers regularly.
- The preconceived notion of women either being less capable to take up more technical subjects like STEM is deeply rooted in our society as such it creates a mind block in our young women, ultimately affecting their choices of careers.
- Parents and academicians must use gender-inclusive choice of words while addressing such situations, in order to not give rise to any biases.
- Science and Gender Equality are both very vital for the achievement of the internationally agreed upon SDGs, including the 2030 agenda.
- In this aspect, boosting the number of women and young girls entering careers in STEM is crucial for the overall development of any nation.
- We need to actively start creating programs to empower young women and better utilise their potential.
- Dr. Rajendra Kumar AS MeiTY, highlighted ‘Of the 5 Million professionals in the IT sector in India, about 36% are women.
- The digital world is where we have seen increased participation from women, and we hope to encourage this trend further.’
- More girls studying and working in STEM, and how we enable STEM access to the most marginalised girls will be the test of our success, especially as India enters a period of demographic transition to a 1 billion strong working age population.
- It is the full and equal participation of women that will turn India’s transition into a demographic dividend.
15. Centre ties up with start-up to develop new daylight harvesting tech:
- In a bid to improve energy efficiency in buildings, the Centre has signed an agreement with a start-up to harvest daylight for illumination of basements.
- The Technology Development Board, a statutory body under the Department of Science and Technology, has signed a memorandum of understanding with Hyderabad-based Skyshade Daylights Private Limited in the presence of Science & Technology Minister Jitendra Singh.
- TDB will give Rs 5 crore to Skyshade for developing new technologies for basement illumination on a 24×7 basis.
- The company was engaged in design and build operations of large skylight domes for building atriums and solar thermal technologies.
- The start-up has now come up with two more innovative solutions, namely human centric-climate adaptive building facades and central integrated daylighting system.
- These two systems will give a new horizon to daylighting and these products are easily affordable, adaptable and economically viable.
- Daylighting basically meant bringing natural sunlight inside the rooms.
- The solar energy spectrum has 45 per cent energy as visible light and this can be used to harvest building illumination for about nine to 11 hours a day.
- The minister said the technology used was completely indigenous, economically viable and easy to deploy and needed minimal maintenance.
- Moreover, the proposed technologies can harvest huge quantities of sunlight for a building and make it available for illumination, reducing electrical lighting energy consumption by 70-80 per cent.
- The minister said using daylight harvesting technologies could also reduce air-conditioning costs.
16. IIT-Kanpur, Ordnance Factory Medak develop India’s 1st soft recovery system:
- The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur and Ordnance Factory Medak (OFMK), Telangana, a unit of Armoured Vehicles Nigam Limited, in a joint effort have developed India’s first soft recovery system (SRS) for supersonic projectile.
- The SRS bears the potential to arrest the motion of a 30mm supersonic projectile moving at a speed of roughly Mach 3 – three times the speed of sound within a distance of nearly 50 metres.
- The technology has been developed under leadership of Nachiketa Tiwari of IIT-K and Alok Prasad, General Manager of OFMK.
- An SRS is used for the recovery of a projectile after initial impact with minimum damage to ensure the development of smart and intelligent warheads with maximum effectiveness and minimum collateral damage.
- Acquisition of SRS technology is a prerequisite for the development of smart and guided munitions, as it can provide a test bed to prove out smart munition designs.
- It is a milestone in the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ initiative of the Government of India.
- With increased kill probability by the SRS technology, the artillery will be able to fire killer projectiles which will be more lethal and accurate, thereby cutting on the cost to neutralise targets.
- IIT-K advocates for multi-stakeholder collaboration for holistic development in the research and innovation sector.
- It will assist in the effective recovery of supersonic projectiles.
- At present, only a few countries have an SRS and now India has also joined their league.
- The IIT-K team was involved in concept development, design and virtual validation of the SRS and testing of sub-assemblies while AVNL’s OFMK was instrumental in fabricating and assembling the 50-metre long assembly to exacting standards.
- They also developed the test infrastructure for the SRS.
17. Indigenous anti-collision system ‘Kavach’ to avoid rail accidents successfully tested by Indian Railways:
- Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw has announced that ‘Kavach’ System, the anti-collision test conducted by the Indian Railways to check the indigenous developed system to avoid rail accidents is successful. He held an on-site inspection today near Secunderabad.
- The indigenously developed Automatic Train Protection (ATP) system, Kavach, was designed to help the Railways achieve – zero accidents.
- ‘Kavach’ automatically stopped the train before 380 metres of other Locomotive at the front. He tweeted about the successful test of Kavach.
- The test involved two trains – one with the railway minister on board and the other with the Chairman of the Railway Board – hurtle towards each other at full speed.
- Both the trains stopped 380 metres apart. The Kavach will be the world’s cheapest automatic train collision protection system.
- The railway authorities informed that once implemented, it will cost 50 lakh rupees per kilometre to operate compared to about 2 crore rupees worldwide.
18. India’s first green charging station in the pipeline:
- In a first of its kind initiative, the National Highway for Electric Vehicle (NHEV), an organization for promoting electrification of the country’s transportation systems, is constructing a green charging hub along the Jaipur-Delhi-Agra E-highway.
- The charging station will have a restaurant, coffee lounge, a bank, an ATM, a showroom and other amenities for the customers to use while their vehicle is charging.
- While the electric charging stations itself provides an emission free environment, what makes the new initiative unique is that it will also use green construction techniques for such EV stations apart from providing a wholesome look and feel of the place.
- The prototype of the station suggests that the new set up will be creating a net zero carbon infrastructure.
- The aim is to reduce carbon footprint to zero or move towards net-positive.
- The property will incorporate solar panels to provide renewable energy and the green patches will be accessible to the people as green terraces or playing field.
- This will engage the people waiting at the station. They can eat their meals or just hang out for a while, while their cars are getting charged.
- As per the research conducted by the team, no charging station in the world resembles the one in the pipeline.
- We are looking at the whole infrastructure and the built use or the built form as green in its own nature. We are not creating the structure with concrete; we are looking at sustainable and green materials.
- These stations are aimed to replace petrol pumps in the future.
- The idea of the station is not just green infrastructure, it is also looking at the EV charging station payback and lifecycle.
- Once the lifecycle is achieved, the next step is looking at how we are recycling it, and converting it to be sustainable on its own.
- In the last two months, two electric vehicle (EV) charging stations were inaugurated in Gurgaon. The two charging stations, one in Sector 52, and the other in Sector 86, can charge more than 1,500 cars in one day.
- The city now has two of the largest electric vehicle charging stations in the country.
30 more e-highway charging stations will be constructed in 90 days from their date of allocation to PSUs/private entities.