Daily Current Affairs March 03
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 03. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 03 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs March 03
1. 46th Civil Accounts Day to be celebrated tomorrow, 2nd March 2022:
- The 46th Civil Accounts Day will be celebrated on 2nd March 2022 at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, Janpath, New Delhi.
- Finance Secretary Dr. T.V. Somanathan, and Smt. Sonali Singh organised the event and Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman was participated in this event
E-Bill processing system, announced in Union Budget 2022-23, to be launched:
- Finance Minister Smt. Sitharaman will launch a major e-governance initiative – the Electronic Bill (e-Bill) processing system as part of ease of doing business and Digital India eco-system.
- A Budget 2022-23 announcement, the e- Bill system will be implemented across all Central Ministries and Departments.
- This will be a further step to enhance transparency, efficiency and faceless- paperless payment system.
- Suppliers and contractors will now be able to submit their claim online which will be trackable in real time basis.
- A short film on the CGA organisation will showcase the citizen centric initiatives of the Civil Accounts Organisation, including the various payment modes initiated in Government, reforms initiated recently and use of latest technology in the development and management of PFMS (Public Financial Management System).
- The PFMS is a unified IT platform through which the Government Payments including all DBTs, non-tax receipts and accounting functions are performed.
2. World Wildlife Day 2022:
- March 3 is observed as the World Wildlife Day every year, with an aim to appreciate and celebrate beautiful varied forms of wild flora and fauna across the globe.
- The day also urges everyone to raise awareness about the need to conserve them.
- As per the United Nations (UN), continued loss of species, habitats, and ecosystems also threatens all life on Earth, including humans.
- People everywhere rely on wildlife and biodiversity-based resources to meet all our needs, from food to fuel, medicines, housing, and clothing.
- Millions of people also rely on nature as the source of their livelihoods and economic opportunities, according to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES).
Theme And Significance:
- The theme for World Wildlife Day 2022 is ‘Recovering key species for ecosystem restoration’ by the UN.
- To draw attention to the conservation status of some of the most critically endangered species of wild fauna and flora and to drive the discussion towards imagining and implementing solutions to conserve wildlife.
- According to data from the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List of Threatened Species, over 8,400 species of wild fauna and flora are critically endangered, while close to 30,000 more are understood to be endangered or vulnerable.
- Species that are critically endangered include African Forest Elephant, Black Rhino, Cross River Gorilla, among others.
- While Indian species that are endangered include Indian rhinoceros, Snow Leopard, Olive Ridley sea turtle and Bengal Tigers, among others.
- Based on the above-mentioned estimates, it is suggested that over a million species are threatened with extinction.
- The main factors that contribute to the extinction of species include human activities such as habitat loss due to urbanisation, overexploitation, moving species from their natural habitat, global pollution and climate change.
- Illegal wildlife trade is also unsustainable, harming wild populations of animals and plants and pushing endangered species toward extinction.
- It also brings several public health consequences, such as the spreading of zoonotic pathogens.
- This year, World Wildlife Day is expected to drive debates on the immediate need to reserve the fate of the critically endangered species of animals and birds.
- This will be taken to restore their habitats and ecosystems and promote sustainable use by humanity.
History of World Wildlife Day:
- On December 20, 2013, at its 68th session, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) proclaimed March 3, as the UN World Wildlife Day to celebrate and raise awareness of the world’s wild animals and plants.
- It is the day of signature of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) in 1973.
- The UNGA resolution also designated the CITES Secretariat as the facilitator for the global observance of this special day for wildlife on the UN calendar.
- World Wildlife Day has now become the most important global annual event dedicated to wildlife.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 03
3. India’s Shri Nivetha, Esha, Ruchita win gold in women’s 10m air pistol team event:
- The Indian trio of Shri Nivetha, Esha Singh, and Ruchita Vinerkar combined to win the gold medal in the women’s 10m air pistol team event of the ISSF World Cup here.
- The Indians shot 16 in the gold medal contest to finish on the podium for the country’s third medal, and second gold, in the year’s first World Cup on Wednesday night.
- India leads the standings with three medals two gold and silver. Germany’s Andrea Katharina Heckner, Sandra Reitz, and Carina Wimmer settled for the silver medal after managing 6 in the fight for the top prize.
- The three Indian women had topped the qualification stage 2 with a total score of 574 on their way to the gold medal match.
- Behind the Indians were Heckner, Reitz and Wimmer, with 571.
- Esha, Shri Nivetha, and Ruchita had also topped qualification stage 1 with a total score of 856.
- Earlier in the day, Olympian Saurabh Chaudhary, Gaurav Rana, and Uchaganve Kedarling Balakrishna missed out on a bronze medal in the men’s 10m air pistol team competition.
- In the bronze medal match, the Indian pistol team finished with a total of 6 to finish at fourth place, behind Italy’s Torracchi Alessio, Monna Paolo, and Tesconi Luca, who aggregated 16.
- In Qualification Stage 2, the Indians totaled 581, ahead of their Italian counterparts(577).
- In the first qualification, the Indians aggregated 765.
- Before that, the Indian team of Rudrankkash Balasaheb Patil, Divyansh Singh Panwar, and Srinjoy Dutta failed to secure a place in the bronze medal contest by a point in the men’s 10m air rifle team event.
- The Indian men’s rifle team aggregated 624.1, only a point less than Czech Republic’s Ales Entrichel, Jiri Privratsky, and Filip Nepejchel’s total score of 624.2.
- The Czechs went on to win the bronze medal ahead of Austria.
- The Indian team of Shreya Agarwal, Ayushi Gupta, and Rajshree Sancheti finished seventh in the qualification stage 2 of the women’s 10m air rifle team event with a total score of 625.0.
- Eight other countries besides India have claimed the 10 gold medals distributed so far, but none have more than one yet.
- Germany and Italy are joint seconds on the table with one gold, two silver, and one bronze medal each.
- A total of 17 countries have won medals so far.
- Over 500 athletes from 60 nations are taking part in the World Cup which has 20 medal sets on offer.
4. BCCI announces RuPay as official partner for Tata IPL:
- The Indian Premier League Governing Council announced RuPay as an official partner for Tata IPL.
- This will be a multi-year partnership, said a joint statement. Praveena Rai, Chief Operating Officer.
- IPL provides high voltage entertainment to all Indian cricket lovers, RuPay offers tech-led, innovative, and customized offerings to people across the country, being accepted in India and internationally.
- With RuPay’s venture into IPL as the official partner, we feel it is one of the best ways to define the tech-savvy, youthful, contemporary brand personality of RuPay.
- This association of IPL and RuPay, the flagship product of NPCI, brings together two of India’s best homegrown brands and is set to create a huge impact on millions of Indians across the globe, encouraging digital payments adoption in a faster and seamless manner.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs March 03
5. Oscar-winning producer Alan Ladd Jr. dies at 84:
- Alan Ladd Jr., the Oscar-winning producer and studio boss who as a 20th Century Fox executive greenlit “Star Wars” MGM/United Artists died at the age of 84.
- His two stints at the studio were less successful than his time at Fox, but movies he made there included Moonstruck 1987, Rain Man 1988 A Fish Called Wanda 1988 and Thelma Louise 1991.
- As studio head at Fox and MGM (twice), Ladd affectionately known as “Laddie” was involved in some 14 best-picture nominees, including “Young Frankenstein” (1974), “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” (1975), “Chariots of Fire” (1981) and “Blade Runner” (1982). As an independent producer, Ladd Jr. helped steer films including “Once Upon a Time in America” (1984), “The Right Stuff” (1983) “Gone, Baby Gone” (2007) and Mel Gibson’s “Braveheart” (1995), for which he won best picture.
- All films Ladd produced or greenlit movies that won more than 50 Oscars and 150 nominations.
- Ladd to form the independent production company Ladd Co. On his own, Ladd produced, beside “The Right Stuff” and “Blade Runner,” films like “Body Heat” and “Police Academy.”
- But Ladd Co., weighed down by some disappointments and hefty budgets for films like “The Right Stuff,” struggled to be profitable.
- His two stints at the studio were less successful than his time at Fox, but movies he made there included “Moonstruck” (1987), “Rain Man” (1988) “A Fish Called Wanda” (1988) and “Thelma & Louise” (1991).
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 03
6. Axis Bank commits USD 150 mn loan to healthcare sector:
- Axis Bank has committed a USD 150 million (about Rs 1,140 crore) loan for strengthening India’s healthcare infrastructure by signing an MoU with IPE Global for the SAMRIDH Healthcare Blended Finance Facility, in the aftermath of the pandemic.
- The continued threat of new variants has reinforced the need to boost investments and partnerships in the health sector.
- Under this partnership, Axis Bank will provide affordable finance of up to USD 150 million through SAMRIDH, to support health enterprises and innovators who would otherwise not have access to affordable debt financing.
- It will help them increase production and provide advanced health solutions to address COVID-19 along with other health emergencies, especially across the vulnerable communities of India from tier 2 and 3 cities.
- SAMRIDH is an initiative supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- It leverages philanthropic capital and public sector resources, to offset barriers for commercial investments in small and medium health enterprises.
- With this, SAMRIDH can scale up market solutions and innovations in the healthcare value chain.
- It will help supplement the manufacturing and distribution of pharmaceuticals, facility expansion of public and private hospitals, nursing homes, small clinics, laboratories, and warehouses.
- The healthcare segment has been a key focus area for Axis Bank and we have been supporting various entities impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Our partnership with SAMRIDH will enable the bank to extend the much-needed debt support to more entities that are working to strengthen India’s healthcare infrastructure, in order to deal with the third wave of the pandemic and any other emerging healthcare challenges.
- USAID/India Mission Director Veena Reddy said the private enterprise is a powerful force for lifting lives, strengthening communities, and accelerating sustainable development.
- Increasing access to affordable capital for small enterprises with solutions for greater reach will enable long-term impact.
- This new partnership between Axis Bank and SAMRIDH will further our joint efforts to provide innovative healthcare solutions to some of the most vulnerable people in India.
- IPE Global is an international development consultancy group providing expert technical assistance in developing countries.
7. PayU and VTEX join hands to offer merchants multiple local payment methods:
- PayU has collaborated with VTEX, one of the largest global digital commerce platforms, to offer multiple payment solutions to VTEX merchants.
- The unique integration by VTEX to support their merchants in India will provide businesses seamless access to PayU’s payment solutions.
- The integration aims to simplify payment methods for merchants using the VTEX platform.
- PayU platform will be available for VTEX’s merchants when they are doing business in India.
- The integration will give direct access to multiple local payment methods in India including credit cards, debit cards, UPI, wallets, net banking, and others.
- VTEX merchants include global players operating in different industries.
- The integration will offer VTEX merchants affordability and accessibility features and increase transactional volumes.
- Using PayU, VTEX merchants can offer customized bank-based offers on debit & credit cards to consumers, making purchases more affordable and improving business.
- In addition, merchants can monitor business performance, initiate refunds, access transaction data, view trends and reports of transactions right from the VTEX dashboard itself, without switching applications.
- The integration will also pave way for international brands to enter the Indian market and would reduce the go-live time since the payment methods will be quicker and easier for consumers.
- In addition to providing VTEX merchants with payment solutions specific to the Indian market we’re excited to provide them with offers engine option.
- Increasing affordability for retail consumers is a key focus at PayU and with the offers engine option, merchants can increase sales, bring in new customers, and increase ticket size.
- We look forward to seeing the great things VTEX merchants do with this integration.
- Our strategic alliance with PayU will enable us to better position our eCommerce solution to merchants in India.
- Enabling a pre-integrated payment solution, out of the box and ready to be used, will enable faster time to revenue for clients using VTEX’s eCommerce platform, access to all the different payment methods, and allow access to the high-quality service provided by PayU India.
- About PayU India PayU is regulated under the Reserve Bank of India and has solutions to meet the digital payment needs of Indian merchants.
- It provides online payment solutions to businesses through local payment methods.
PayU also developed LazyPay in 2017, an alternate lending platform to offer credit solutions.
8. Patanjali launches triple benefit credit card with PNB on Aatma Nirbhar Bharat principle:
- Patanjali and Punjab National Bank launched a credit card with triple benefits in Uttarakhand’s Haridwar in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- The triple benefits of the co-branded credit card include the discount of 5 to 10 per cent on purchase, insurance cover of up to Rs 5 lakh along with other conveniences.
- With the support of PNB and RuPay, it will be our effort to make 1 crore credit cards very soon.
- Elaborating on how he would spread the word about the credit card, to rope in at least 1 crore out of his 5 crore followers on social media.
- The card has a limit of Rs 10 lakh at present.
- This is in accordance with the commitment of Prime Minister Narendra Modi of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat.
9. RBI cancels licence of Maharashtra-based Sarjeraodada Naik Shirala Sahakari Bank:
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the licence of Maharashtra-based Sarjeraodada Naik Shirala Sahakari Bank Limited Shirala, Dist. Sangli as it has failed to comply with the regulations and does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
- The RBI said that continuance of the bank is prejudicial to the interests of its depositors, the bank with its present financial position would be unable to pay its present depositors in the full and public interest would be adversely affected if it is allowed to carry on its banking business any further.
- It is prohibited from conducting the business of ‘banking’ which includes acceptance of deposits and repayment of deposits as defined in Section 5(b) read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 with immediate effect.
- On liquidation, every depositor would be entitled to receive deposit insurance claim amount of his/her deposits up to a monetary ceiling of Rs 5,00,000/- (Rupees Five lakh only) from Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) subject to the provisions of the DICGC Act, 1961.
- As per the data submitted by the bank, more than 99 per cent of the depositors are entitled to receive the full amount of their deposits from DICGC.
- As of January 27, 2022, DICGC has sanctioned Rs 64.70 crore of the total insured deposits under the provisions of Section 18A of the DICGC Act,1961 based on the willingness received from the concerned depositors of the bank.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs March 03
10. Mahindra Group partners Google Cloud for digital transformation to fuel next phase of growth:
- Mahindra Group and tech giant Google Cloud announced collaboration as part of the homegrown conglomerates digital transformation strategy to fuel its next phase of business growth.
- Under the collaboration, Mahindra groups digital, data and cloud centre of excellence, referred to as Mahindra Digital Engine MDE, will use Google Clouds secure and reliable infrastructure and advanced data analytics technology.
- The group is building for the future with advanced cloud-based technologies and data-driven strategies to speed decision making and maximise synergies across its business.
- By utilising Google Cloud’s best-in-class infrastructure and data capabilities, we can innovate faster for competitive differentiation, advance our enterprise sustainability goals, and strengthen our talent pool by attracting the best tech talent in the industry.
- As Mahindra Group’s trusted innovation partner, we are leveraging our expertise to help the Group bring its enterprise and consumer ecosystems closer together.
- Our multi-faceted, multi-year collaboration with Mahindra is a great example of the value we bring to customers and our unique ability to help them accelerate their digital transformation strategies, drive sustained business impact, and unlock long-term competitive advantage.
- The partnership is aimed at driving innovation across the group’s multiple business units, including its core operations, customer-facing channels and employee experience.
- The partnership will also embed an agile culture within MDE that will foster innovation, embrace change, and build capabilities by cultivating the right talent.
- Under the collaboration, Mahindra group will migrate its business-critical applications from its on-premises data centres to Google Cloud under the RISE with SAP programme as well as its data warehouse and data lake.
- This will enable teams across the group to gain a deeper understanding of customers’ demands and preferences than was available previously.
- Further, this shift will help in anticipating trends and consumer sentiments to accelerate product innovation and drive a personalised customer experience via new digital platforms; as well as simplify complex data management, lower the total cost of ownership, and improve security and governance.
- Mahindra group plans to fully migrate off its on-premises infrastructure over the next two to three years.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs March 03
11. VP Naidu releases booklet on 75 years of History of Sir C R Reddy College:
- Vice President also unveiled the statue of Shri Maganti Ravindranath Chowdary and released a booklet on 75 years of History of Sir C R Reddy College.
- The need for revisiting our history textbooks with an Indian perspective in order to instill a sense of pride in our glorious cultural heritage among the younger generation.
- Addressing the 75th Anniversary Celebrations of Sir C R Reddy Educational Institutions, Eluru in Andhra Pradesh, the Vice President reminded the students that India was once known as a ‘Vishwa Guru’ and called upon them to revisit our roots and protect and preserve our tradition and culture.
- Emphasizing the need to re-establish ourselves, he urged everyone to strive hard to develop India into a powerful India that is free from hunger, corruption and there should be no discrimination against anybody.
- Everything cannot be left to the Government alone, rather, individuals, industry, philanthropists, and civil society all must come together to bring about the desired change.
- Stressing the need for value-based education, education should be treated as a mission for promotion of the nation.
- Highlighting the role of ‘Guru’ in Indian tradition, he asked the students to always remember the contribution of their teachers in their lives.
- Talking about ethics in politics, Shri Naidu urged the people to select and elect their representatives on the basis of 4Cs – Character, Calibre, Conduct, and Capacity to strengthen democracy and discourage other 4Cs – caste, cash, community and criminality.
- Praising NEP-2020 for its focus on education in mother tongue, the Vice President opined that one must learn as many languages as possible, but primacy should be given to building a strong foundation in the mother tongue first.
- Further underscored the need to transform teaching methodologies to make universities thriving hubs of knowledge and innovation and appealed to all states and educational institutions to implement NEP-2020 in letter and spirit.
- Sharing his success mantra with students, Shri Naidu emphasized the need for dedication, perseverance, hard work, discipline, self-belief and a strong will to achieve excellence and reach one’s goal.
- Please remember that be it studies or sports, a champion is not made in a day.
The Vice President urged educational institutions to give equal importance to studies, sports, co-curricular and recreational activities.
- He wanted the young students to inculcate the spirit of service in line with age old Indian philosophy of share & care.
- Recalling the contribution of Sri Cattamanchi Ramalinga Reddy, the distinguished educationist.
- People will forever remain grateful to him for his work in furthering the cause of education in Andhra Pradesh.
- He also lauded Sir CR Reddy for his efforts to ensure education to all sections of the society and urged the youth to take inspiration from his life and build an India that will be free from every type of discrimination.
- On this occasion, the Vice President also unveiled the statue of Shri Maganti Ravindranath Chowdary and released a booklet on 75 years of History of Sir C R Reddy College.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs March 03
12. Dr Manish Doshi, CEO of Concept Medicals awarded the ‘Champions of Change Award’ by Telangana governor:
- Dr Manish Doshi, MD and CEO of the Surat-based Concept Medical Group of companies, was honoured by Telangana Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan with the ‘Champions of Change Award Telangana’ for his outstanding work in the field of healthcare over the years on February 25.
- The other awardees of Champion of Change Award Telangana were Saina Nehwal from sports, Kajal Agarwal, Allu Arvind, Konidela Ram Charan Teja and Rashmika Mandanna from films, M Mahender Reddy, IPS, Director General of Police, Telangana, G Kishan Reddy, Minister of Tourism, Telangana and KT Rama Rao, Minister of State for Urban development.
- The Champions of Change Award Telangana, organised by Interactive Forum on Indian Economy (IFIE), a Non-Profit Company recognised by the Government of India, at Hyderabad is aimed at honouring those doing exemplary work in the fields of social welfare, culture, education, health care, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, special contribution in aspirational districts, corona warriors and for the national unity.
- Former Chief Justice of India, Justice KG Balakrishnan heads the eminent jury to select the Champions of change awardees in the country.
- The entire Concept Medical family applauds the commendable and consistent efforts of Dr Manish Doshi who has led from the front to bring positive change for the betterment in the field of healthcare in the country.
- Concept Medical is a research-oriented organization that works to develop ground-breaking and innovative medical devices.
- With a mission “Converting concepts into reality” Concept Medical delivers medical devices which address the unmet clinical needs in the cardiovascular and peripheral interventional field.
13. NMCG receives ‘Special Jury Award’ in recognition of the significant work done for Ganga rejuvenation:
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga was awarded the ‘Special Jury Award’ at the 7th India Industry Water Conclave and 9th edition of FICCI Water Awards, held virtually, from 2nd to 3rd March, 2022.
The citation with the Award reads:
- The Jury wishes to recognize the extremely important work NMCG is engaged in, to bring about a paradigm shift in water management, even as they endeavor to revive river Ganga.
- The Jury would like to emphasize the need to work even further on involving primary stakeholders to build a real Jan Andolan around the river Ganga and to pay greater attention to bringing together all departments and agencies whose joint efforts are needed to revive the river Ganga, recognizing that rejuvenating the river requires working on its entire riverscape, with its inter-connected hydrological and ecological systems, not limited only to the main stem of the river but also including all different orders of streas and their catchments, as also the aquifers that provide base-flows to the river.
- The Citation underlines the complexity of the task of rejuvenation of the entire Ganga basin and the importance of engaging with diverse stakeholders particularly the people-river connect which forms the basis of NMCG’s approach to the challenging task.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 03
14. Ministry of Defence offers 4 projects to Indian Industry for design and development:
- The Ministry of Defence has offered four projects related to the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force to the private sector for design and development.
- Three out of the four projects that have been offered to the Indian industry for design and development are related to the Indian Air Force.
- The projects include communication equipment with Indian security protocols (Routers, Switches, Encryptors, VoIP Phones and their software) Airborne Electro-Optical pod with Ground-Based System; and Airborne Stand-off Jammer.
- One project is related to the Indian Army.
- The Indian industry has been offered to work on the design and development of the Indian Light Tank of the Indian Army.
- The industry will be provided financial support for prototype development of these projects.
- This is for the first time since the launch of industry-friendly Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP) 2020 that the Indian Industry has been involved in the development of big-ticket platforms such as Light tank and Communication Equipment with Indian security protocols.
- The Ministry of Defence has also given ‘Approval In-Principle’ (AIP) for five projects under an industry-funded initiative referred to as Make-II.
- Projects under ‘Make-II’ category involve prototype development of equipment/system/platform or their upgrades or their sub-systems/sub-assembly/assemblies/components, primarily for import substitution/innovative solutions, for which no Government funding will be provided for prototype development purposes.
- The indigenous development of these projects in the country will help harness the design capabilities of Indian defence Industry and position India as a design leader in these technologies.
15. Defence Ministry to host 12th edition of biennial Defence exhibition, DefExpo 2022, from 10-14 March in Gujarat:
- Ministry of Defence is hosting the 12th edition of prestigious biennial defence exhibition, DefExpo 2022, at Gandhinagar in Gujarat from 10th to 14th March.
- This mega defence international exhibition will be focused on land, air, naval, internal homeland security and electronic systems.
- Government believes that India has tremendous potential to emerge as a global defence manufacturing hub.
- The DefExpo seminars will be held in a hybrid format, enabling the speakers as well as the audience to participate in various seminars virtually.
- The seminars will be streamed worldwide.
- They will be conducted by leading industry fora, international fora, think-tanks, media houses, Indian industry, DRDO, Ministry of Civil Aviation, and state governments.
- Leading international and national experts from defence and aerospace sectors have been invited as speakers for the seminars.
- The details of the seminars are available on DefExpo 2022 website and DefExpo 2022 mobile app.
16. Bhupender Yadav releases DTE’s State of India’s Environment 2022:
- Bhupender Yadav, Union minister of environment, forests and climate change, released Down To Earth’s Annual State of India’s Environment Report 2022 is being held at CSE’s state-of-the-art residential environmental training facility, the Anil Agarwal Environment Training Institute (AAETI), in Nimli, Alwar district, Rajasthan organised by Delhi-based non-profit Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) March 1, 2022.
- Reducing consumption and forming a self-restrained society is the only way that we can live with nature harmoniously.
- The Anil Agarwal Dialogue is a four-day annual conclave of journalists.
- It is back in its physical form after a pandemic- and lockdown-induced hiatus of almost two years.
- Three extremely critical issues that confronted India climate change, desertification and the sustainability-affordability linkage.
- By 2030, we plan to have 500 GW from renewable energy.
- Railways will be electrified by 2030 that will reduce 80 billion tonnes of emissions.
- We also plan to employ LED bulbs at a large scale, which can reduce 40 billion tonnes of emissions. We are also focussing on hydrogen.
- If we can make hydrogen sustainable and affordable, we can bring big changes in the world.
17. Telangana tops country in terms of Per Capita Net State Domestic Product at Current Prices:
- Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation, the Telangana State has ranked the highest in the country among states with a population over one crore in terms of growth rate in terms of Per Capita Net State Domestic Product at Current Prices.
- Telangana state began its journey in 2014 with the spirit of a “startup state”.
- The resolve was to remain nimble, open to growth, and committed to creating a unique model of good governance.
- It is being held at CSE’s state-of-the-art residential environmental training facility, the Anil Agarwal Environment Training Institute (AAETI), in Nimli, Alwar district, Rajasthan.
- Under the leadership of Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao evidence shows that it has grown to be not only to be a startup state but a unicorn at that.
- GSDP in Telangana increased from Rs 359434 crores in 2011-12 to Rs 1,154,860 crores in 2021-22.
- The state’s GDP has grown by 31.12 per cent in the past decade one of the highest jumps for any state in the country.
- All this growth has taken place while COVID-19 has ravaged most of the economies.
- In terms of the percentage growth in GSDP, Telangana has shown the most rapid bounce-back increasing its growth rate by around 17 percentage points from 2020 to the current time further evidence of the resilience and efficacies of the governance of the state.
- The secret sauce of this success has been targeted policies to transform the agricultural sector and simultaneously boost the growth for the IT and the pharma sectors.
- The Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TSR) Government under the leadership of Chief Minister KCR is running schemes like Rythu Bandhu focused on farmers, world’s largest lift irrigation project Kaleshwaram aimed at providing water to the fields of Telangana, and Arogya Laxmi that ensures the provision of basic and supplementary food and nutrition to pregnant and lactating women.
18. MyGov launches Sabka Vikas MahaQuiz series:
- “Sabka Vikas MahaQuiz series” aims to sensitise the participants about the various government schemes and initiatives.
- The government under the leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi is committed to the ideals of “Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas, Sabka Prayaas” to build an Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
- In order to build awareness amongst citizens about good governance, MyGov has launched the “Sabka Vikas MahaQuiz” series, on 1st March 2022.
- This is a year-long project and consists of 14 episodes, all hosted at Quiz.MyGov.in
“Sabka Vikas MahaQuiz series” aims to sensitise the participants about the various government schemes and initiatives.
- The government has been working to ensure basic necessities to all citizens of the country through various programmes and schemes for the holistic welfare of all citizens, especially the poor and marginalised sections of society.
- This includes yojanas that resulted in the unprecedented number of houses built (PM Awas Yojana), water connections given (Jal Jeevan Mission), bank accounts (Jan Dhan), direct benefit transfer to farmers (PM KISAN) or free gas connections (Ujjwala) and many more lifechanging interventions for the poor.
How to participate in the Quiz:
- Log in to Quiz.MyGov.in
- Select one of the total 14 quizzes on the flagship schemes
- Each new quiz will be launched after the end of the previous quiz
- The quiz will be available in Hindi & English and all other major languages
- Every week, top 1000 winners will be announced and every winner will receive Rs 2000/- each
- One participant can participate only once in a quiz. Multiple entries from the same entrant will not be considered and will be discarded
- At the end of 52 weeks, there will be a bumper prize for those who took part in all the quizzes
- This is a timed quiz with 20 questions to be answered in 700 seconds
- The first quiz is on Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PM-GKAY).
- PM-GKAY is a pro-poor package intended to reduce the challenges encountered by the poor as a result of disruptions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.