Daily Current Affairs March 05
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 05. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 05 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs March 05
1. World Obesity Day 2022:
- This day is celebrated every year on March 4.
- Previously, World Obesity Day was celebrated on October 11 but the date was later changed to March 4.
- Obesity happens to be one of the most common problems that can be found in almost all age groups around the world.
- In order to create awareness and shed light on the problem, World Obesity Day is observed on March 4, every year.
- Not only does the day encourage people to stop body-shaming others but it also helps in educating people.
- Apart from creating awareness and educating people across the globe, the issue helps in shedding light on how one can fight obesity problems via practical solutions.
- On this occasion, a global campaign is organized by the World Obesity Federation that is also backed by the World Health Organization.
- This year the theme of World Obesity Day is “Everybody needs to act”
- World Obesity Day goes way back to the year 2015, wherein a non-profit organization worked closely with World Health Organisation and Lancet Commission in helping spread awareness.
- Later in 2016, the focus was shifted to childhood obesity, while later in 2017, the idea was to treat obesity now and avoid consequences later.
- Obesity happens to be a serious problem that is dealt with by more than 800 people across the globe.
- Not only does obesity cause lethargicness but also causes an adverse impact on many vital organs like kidneys and liver.
- Therefore it is highly important for people to realize the effects of being overweight and should work towards addressing the problems caused by obesity, early.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs March 05
2. Cricket-Legendary cricketer Shane Warne dies at 52 in Thailand:
- Australian cricketer Shane Warne, one of the finest spin bowlers of all time whose talent and personality transcended the sport, died aged 52.
- Warne, who ended his spell-binding international career in 2007 with a remarkable 708 test wickets, died from a suspected heart attack in Koh Samui, Thailand, his family confirmed in a statement.
- Shane was found unresponsive in his Villa and despite the best efforts of medical staff, he could not be revived.
- The family requests privacy at this time and will provide further details in due course.
Credited for reviving the art of leg spin, Warne made his test debut in 1992 against India and by the time he ended his 15-year international career, the spinner had established himself as one of the all-time greats of the game.
- He also had 293 wickets from 194 one-dayers and won the man-of-the-match award when Australia beat Pakistan in the 1999 World Cup final.
- Thai Police said Warne and three other friends were staying in a private villa and one of them went to inquire about him after the former cricketer did not turn up for dinner.
- The friend did CPR on him and called an ambulance Chatchawin Nakmusik, an officer with the Bo Put police on Koh Samui.
- An emergency response unit then arrived and did another CPR for 10-20 minutes.
Then an ambulance from the Thai International Hospital arrived and took him there.
They did CPR for five minutes, and then he died.
- They did not know the cause of death but were not treating it as suspicious.
Warne’s death comes hours after another former Australian cricket great, wicket-keeper Rod Marsh died on Friday at the age of 74.
- Warne’s last post on Twitter, 12 hours before his death was reported, was a tribute to Marsh.
- Sad to hear the news that Rod Marsh has passed.
- He was a legend of our great game & an inspiration to so many young boys & girls. Rod cared deeply about cricket & gave so much-especially to Australia & England players.
- Sending lots & lots of love to Ros & the family.
- ALL-TIME GREATS Rated by the esteemed Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack as among the five greatest players of the 20th century, Warne was one of the game’s prominent crowd-pullers whose craft as well as his lifestyle often made headlines.
- The wily spinner frequently courted controversy and served a 12-month suspension after testing positive for banned diuretics in 2003.
- Often called the best captain Australia never had, he inspired Rajasthan Royals to the inaugural Indian Premier League title in 2008.
- Warne’s death prompted an avalanche of tributes from the cricketing world. His great Indian rival Sachin Tendulkar was “shocked, stunned & miserable” at the death of “Warnie”.
- There was never a dull moment with you around, on or off the field.
- Will always treasure our on field duels & off field banter.
- Australia test captain Pat Cummins called Warne a “once-in-a-century cricketer” and said the team, currently playing in Pakistan, were “numbed by the news”.
- So many of us in the playing group grew up idolising him and fell in love with this great sport as a result.
- The game of cricket was never the same after Shane emerged, and it will never be the same now he has gone. Rest in peace King.
- It has been a terrible couple of days for Australian cricket with the passing of Rod Marsh and now Shane.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 05
3. PayPal shuts down its services in Russia citing Ukraine aggression:
- The Ukrainian government officials had been calling on PayPal to quit Russia.
- Payments company PayPal Holdings Inc shut down its services early in Russia, citing “the current circumstances,” joining many financial and tech companies in suspending operations there after the invasion of Ukraine.
- Under the current circumstances, we are suspending PayPal services in Russia.
He added that the company “stands with the international community in condemning Russia’s violent military aggression in Ukraine.
- A company spokesperson said PayPal will support withdrawals for a period of time, ensuring that account balances are dispersed in line with applicable laws and regulations.
- PayPal, which had only allowed cross-border transactions by users in Russia, stopped accepting new users in the country.
- Ukrainian government officials had been calling on PayPal to quit Russia and help them with fundraising.
- Since the beginning of the invasion, PayPal has helped raise over $150 million for charities supporting response efforts in Ukraine, one of the largest efforts we’ve seen in such a short period of time.
- PayPal’s suspension in Russia also applies to its money transfer tool Xoom. Rivals Wise and Remitly earlier suspended some services in Russia.
4. IOB extends ₹1,000 cr loan to JKIDFC:
- Indian Overseas Bank is one of the first public sector banks to lend to JKIDFC.
- PSU lender Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) announced that it has sanctioned a loan of ₹1,000 crore to Jammu and Kashmir Infrastructure Development Finance Corporation Ltd (JKIDFC).
- The sanction is part of the Bank’s business plan to widen credit growth and funding infrastructure development across the nation. The bank has already disbursed ₹500 crore of the sanctioned amount.
- The loan, guaranteed by the Union Territory of J & K, is extended towards part funding for the completion of the languishing infrastructure projects in J&K and other new projects that are a priority for the state.
- IOB is one of the first public sector banks to lend to JKIDFC.
5. IBBI, IBA partner to improve creditors’ handling of bankruptcy cases:
- Bankruptcy rule-maker Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) and the Indian Banks Association (IBA) have tied up to improve how creditors, key players in turning around distressed businesses, perform their functions during bankruptcy proceedings.
- IBBI, in a statement, said it will conduct awareness and capacity building programmes for financial creditors on topics related to bankruptcy, along with the IBA.
- The deal was signed at an event focusing on ‘committee of creditors’ the panel of lenders whtakes key decisions in the case of defaulting businesses.
- The regulator has in recent months been tweaking the rules on how the committee of creditors should handle decision making, after a parliamentary panel last year flagged the need for a code of conduct for creditors.
- One of the key concerns the panel pointed out was the steep haircut allowed by creditors in the case of bankrupt companies.
- IBBI had in December pointed out that the committee of creditors which decides on the fate of companies ending up in bankruptcy tribunals should be fair and transparent in its decisions.
- It had also said that the manner of rescuing a company is as important as the rescue itself.
- IBBI is of the view that the manner of rescue must ensure optimum utilisation of the limited resources in the economy and promote availability of credit and entrepreneurship.
- The conduct of the committee of creditors and its members must be above board, to justify their exalted position in the Bankruptcy Code.
- The latest partnership between IBBI and the IBA was signed by senior officials from both the sides.
- Timely resolution of insolvency cases potentially impedes the value erosion of assets of corporate debtors and, therefore, it is in the interest of stakeholders including creditors and resolution professionals to conclude the process well within the stipulated timeline.
- Mital highlighted the need for quick approvals of resolution plans. He also urged banks to suggest ways to improve the resolution process.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs March 05
6. Hari Shyamsunder to take over as CEO of Navi AMC:
- Navi Mutual Fund announced that Mr. Hari Shyamsunder, currently the Fund Manager of Navi AMC Limited is proposed to take charge as CEO, subject to the requisite corporate approvals being obtained.
- He will take over from Mr. Saurabh Jain who resigned from this current role.
- Mr. Jain will be moving to another role within the Navi Group where he will lead a new business vertical.
- with 12 of those years being in the asset management industry.
- He joined Navi AMC Limited in 2021 after over a decade at Franklin Templeton where he was a co-portfolio manager and research analyst.
- He is a CFA Charterholder and has a PGDM from IIM Bangalore.
- I am looking forward to Hari taking charge and continuing the exciting journey of Navi AMC.
- He is a mutual fund industry veteran with a proven track record in portfolio handling and research. I am confident that Hari will further strengthen our mutual fund business.
- I also take this opportunity to thank Saurabh for setting up a great foundation for Navi AMC Limited.
- He has got the business to a strong start and I look forward to him creating a similar impact in his new strategic role within the group.
- I wish both Saurabh and Hari good luck in their new roles and being part of the exciting journey ahead for the Navi Group.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs March 05
7. DRDO develops MMICs Onboard EOS 04:
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) developed Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits (MMICs) have been used in radar imaging satellite modules of EOS 04, which was launched by ISRO on February 14, 2022.
- Many of the Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits (MMIC) were designed/ developed and produced at Solid State Physics Laboratory (SSPL) DRDO and Gallium Arsenide Enabling Technology Centre (GAETEC) foundry of DRDO.
- The TR-Modules used in the payload for Radar imaging have been developed using these MMICs.
- More than 30,000 modules have been produced at GAETEC foundry for various space missions.
- This is an example of collaborative achievement between two advanced technology departments of Government of India along with support of industry partners.
- The use of indigenously designed and developed MMICs is an important step towards Atmanibhar Bharat.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 05
8. North Korea fires ballistic missile in extension of testing:
- North Korea fired a ballistic missile into the sea, according to its neighbours’ militaries, extending Pyongyang’s streak of weapons tests this year amid a prolonged freeze in nuclear negotiations with the United States.
- South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said the missile fired from an area near the North Korean capital flew about 270 kilometers (168 miles) eastward at a maximum altitude of 560 kilometers (348 miles) before landing in waters between the Korean Peninsula and Japan.
- U.S. and South Korean intelligence officials were closely analyzing the launch.
- The launch was North Korea’s ninth round of weapons tests in 2022 as it continues to use a pause in diplomacy to expand its military capabilities while attempting to pressure the Biden administration for concessions.
- The flight details roughly matched an earlier assessment by the Japanese military and were similar to North Korea’s previous launch that was also conducted from the Sunan area near Pyongyang.
- North Korean’s last launch was designed to test a camera system it plans to install on a spy satellite that is under development.
- The missile was fired just as the international community is responding to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, while also in the middle of the Beijing Paralympics.
- Cancelled an appearance at a military academy graduation to respond to the launch, calling it ”absolutely unacceptable”.
- The U.S. Indo Pacific Command the launch did not pose an immediate threat to U.S. personnel or territory, or that of its allies.
- It called on North Korea to refrain from further destabilising acts and said it was closely consulting with South Korea and Japan as well as other regional allies and partners over the launch.
- Officials in Seoul convened an emergency National Security Council meeting and called on the North to refrain from actions that further raise tensions in the face of an international crisis created by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, and at a time when South Korea is holding a presidential election.
- They also vowed stronger cooperation with the United States to deal with the North Korean threat and more closely monitor its nuclear and missile facilities as well as a nuclear testing ground that had been active until 2017.
- The launch came as South Koreans waited in long lines Saturday morning for early voting ahead of a presidential election.
- Two major candidates have clashed over whether South Korea should continue to pursue engagement with the belligerent North or take a harder line to check its nuclear threat.
- Lee Jae-myung, the candidate for the ruling center-left party who has called for a conciliatory approach toward Pyongyang, criticized the launch but reiterated his commitment to dialogue.
- The North’s other tests this year included a purported hypersonic missile and its first launch since 2017 of an intermediate range missile with a potential of reaching Guam, a major U.S. military hub in the Pacific.
- Analysts say North Korea could up the ante in coming months and possibly resume its testing of major weapons like intercontinental ballistic missiles as it tries to move the needle with Washington, which is now preoccupied with Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and regional competition with China.
- The (Kim Jong Un) regime may be unhappy with Washington coordinating global efforts against Russian aggression in Ukraine and disappointed with Seoul’s inward focus ahead of the South Korean presidential election.
- But North Korea does not simply test missiles for international attention. Pyongyang’s current priorities are military modernisation and domestic politics.
- During a ruling Workers Party conference called by North Korean leader Kim Jong Un last month, Politburo members issued a veiled threat to resume the tests of nuclear devices and ICBMs, which Kim had unilaterally suspended in 2018 to make room for diplomacy with then-President Donald Trump.
- But negotiations have stalled since 2019, when the Americans rejected North Korea’s demands for major sanctions relief in exchange for dismantling an aging nuclear facility, which would have amounted to a partial surrender of its nuclear capabilities.
- The Biden administration has offered open-ended talks with Pyongyang but shown no willingness to offer badly needed economic benefits unless the North takes real steps to cut down its nuclear weapons and missile program.
- The North’s claim that it is testing camera systems for spy satellites suggests it could possibly conduct a banned long-range rocket test disguised as a space launch to advance its weaponry and apply more pressure on Washington.
- Some analysts predict that North Korea will launch a rocket carrying a satellite ahead of a major political anniversary in April, the birthday of state founder Kim Il Sung, the late grandfather of Kim Jong Un.
9. India, Bangladesh hold Commerce Secretary Level Meeting in New Delhi:
- The Commerce Secretary level meeting between India and Bangladesh was held in New Delhi.
- The Indian delegation was led by Commerce Secretary B.V.R. Subrahmanyam and the Bangladesh delegation was led by Senior Secretary in Commerce Ministry of Bangladesh Tapan Kanti Ghosh.
- Both sides held extensive discussions on a variety of issues of mutual interest including development of railway infrastructure, port infrastructure, Joint Study on Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement CEPA, Border Haats, Regional connectivity through Multi-Modal Transportation, Harmonization of Standards, Mutual Recognition Agreement.
The delegation of both the countries appreciated that there has been significant growth in bilateral trade in recent years.
- Bangladesh is the 6th largest trade partner of India.
- For facilitation of trade between India-Bangladesh through railways, a Detailed Project Proposal has been approved for developing container handling facility at Sirajganj Bazar.
- For running freight trains between India-Bangladesh, 900 metre new siding line constructed at Benapole.
- For allowing import of all commodities from India by rail through Darsana, the construction of loading and unloading platform completed at Darshana.
- A Detailed Project Proposal has been approved For the development of Rail and Road-based ICD at Ishwardi.
- There was consensus over the use of returning empty railway wagons or containers by Bangladesh which will reduce the overall logistics cost of India’s exports to Bangladesh.
- The Border Haats which were closed due to covid restriction would be opened soon.
- 24×7 operationalization of Petrapole-Benapole Integrated Check Post ICP to be implemented soon.
- There has been substantive progress made on ICP or Land Customs Stations.
Regional connectivity through multi-modal transport will be strengthened between the two countries.
- CEPA study to be finalized at the earliest and CEO forum to have the first meeting soon.
- The meeting was preceded by the 14th meeting of the Joint Working Group JWG on Trade, at the level of Joint or Additional Secretaries of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India and Ministry of Commerce, Government of Bangladesh on 2nd and 3rd of this month in New Delhi.
- Comprehensive discussions were held on various areas of mutual interest.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 05
10. BSE joins hands with Tamil Nadu govt’s M-TIPB to promote listing of MSMEs:
- Stock exchange BSE on Saturday announced its collaboration with the MSME Trade and Investment Promotion Bureau (M-TIPB), Government of Tamil Nadu, for promoting awareness among micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) of the state about the benefits of listing.
- Through this association, M-TIPB will provide support in mobilising the SME representatives through district industries centres and will also help in mobilising state or regional associations to encourage their SME members to attend capacity building programmes.
- While, the BSE will provide the capacity building and soft support to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Tamil Nadu for fulfilling listing requirements.
- Further, the BSE will also provide all intellectual and manpower support to create awareness among SMEs across Tamil Nadu, about benefits of listing.
- ‘Through M-TIPB’s deep reach and network, we aim to further increase awareness amongst MSMEs about the benefits of listing.
- The BSE will also appoint a nodal person as single point contact in Tamil Nadu for providing end-to-end solution and facilitating SMEs with respect to registration/ listing on the platform.
- Sakthivel S, general manager of M-TIPB, said the BSE has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital markets.
- Tamil Nadu SMEs will get opportunity to raise funds through IPOs by listing in the BSE SME platform.
- The BSE was the first stock exchange in the country to launch the SME platform.
- The SME platform started its journey in March 2012.
- Since then, over 363 companies have listed on the BSE SME platform and raised over Rs 4,000 crore.
11. Navy successfully test-fires BrahMos cruise missile from INS Chennai:
- The Indian Navy successfully demonstrated the accuracy of an extended-range land-attack Brahmos supersonic cruise missile from the stealth destroyer INS Chennai.
- The missile hit its intended target with pinpoint accuracy after traversing an extended range trajectory and performing complex manoeuvres.
- Both Brahmos missile and INS Chennai are indigenously built and highlight the cutting-edge of Indian missile and ship-building prowess.
- They reinforce the Indian Navy’s contribution towards the Atma Nirbhar Bharat and Make in India endeavours, stated Navy officials.
- This achievement established the Indian Navy’s ability to strike even deeper and influence land operations further away from the sea when and where required.
12. Indian Army organizes 3-day winter festival in J-K’s Gulmarg:
- Indian army Dagger Division in collaboration with the Jammu and Kashmir Tourism department organized a three-day winter festival at the world-famous tourist resort Gulmarg.
- The festival was inaugurated by General officer commanding (GOC) 19 Infantry Division Ajay Chandpori in presence of other officers.
- The event will continue till March 6 in which actors and singers from outside Kashmir valley will participate.
- GOC 19 Infantry Division said the winter festival started today and will continue till March 6.
- The event has three main aims: first is to maintain peace and tranquillity that is obtained in the valley.
- We want to showcase to the country at large and the world how normalcy is strengthening here.
- Second, we want to showcase the full potential of the Gulmarg for the tourists who come here and third is to provide opportunities for the youth.
- There are many youths in the valley who are inspirational and looking for opportunities.
- Through these activists, we will showcase the talent of the youth.
- The participants lauded this step taken by the Indian army as it will boast Tourism in Gulmarg.
- I have participated the cycling here and got the first position.
- I want to say to all those youth sitting at home that they should participate in the event and utilise the maximum benefit of the opportunities.
13. DPIIT extends scheme for footwear, leather sector until FY26:
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has notified continuation of a central sector scheme – Indian Footwear and Leather Development Programme (IFLDP) with an approved expenditure of Rs 1,700 crore till March 31, 2026.
- The department will also constitute an empowered committee, a steering committee and an advisory committee to ensure effective implementation of the sub-schemes under IFLDP, according to a notification by the department.
- IFLDP aims at encouraging development of infrastructure for the leather and footwear sector, addressing environment concerns specific to the leather and footwear sector, facilitating additional investments, employment generation and increase in production.
- The six sub-schemes that would be implemented under IFLDP are Sustainable Technology and Environmental Promotion (STEP); Integrated Development of Leather Sector (IDLS); Mega Leather, Footwear and Accessories Cluster Development (MLFACD); Establishment of Institutional Facilities; Brand Promotion of Indian Brands in Leather and Footwear Sector; and Development of Design Studios.
- The ten-member empowered committee will be chaired by DPIIT secretary. It would also consists of representatives from NITI Ayog, Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Department of Commerce, Ministry of MSME, and Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- The committee will monitor the implementation of Indian Footwear and Leather Development Programme.
- The Steering Committee will be chaired by Additional Secretary/Joint Secretary (Leather and Footwear), DPIIT.
- It will have members from different ministries including MSME and commerce.
- The committee will ensure effective implementation, lay down procedures, decide normative prices for standard plant and machinery required for the modernization programme, accord sanction of financial assistance from Government, and monitor and follow up disbursal of financial assistance from Government to the industrial units under the sub-scheme IDLS.
- The Advisory Committee will also be chaired by DPIIT’s chaired by Additional Secretary/Joint Secretary (Leather and Footwear). Chairman, Council for Leather Exports and Chairman, Council for Footwear, Leather and Accessories would be the members besides other representatives.
14. Haryana CM launches portal for those seeking financial aid on medical grounds:
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar Saturday launched a portal for the convenience of applicants seeking financial assistance on medical grounds under the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund.
- This portal will ease the process for applicants seeking financial assistance on medical grounds
- Launching the portal, Khattar said that after re-examining the earlier process, directions were given to digitise it through the SARAL Portal for the convenience of the general public.
- Now applicants can simply apply on the SARAL Portal through her/his Parivar Pehchan Patra Identity (PPP-ID), upload relevant documents like medical bills, OPD bills, etc and seek financial assistance on medical grounds from CMRF.
- The application is further marked to the login of public representatives of the concerned area.
- Thereafter, the application will go to the deputy commissioner, who in turn will forward it to the concerned tehsildar and civil surgeon for verification of land details and medical documents, respectively.
- A district-level committee will meet fortnightly and recommend cases for grant of financial assistance on medical grounds to the Chief Minister’s Office.
- The amount shall be transferred directly to the account of the applicant or beneficiary.
- After launching the portal Our government’s mandate is to ensure good governance across the state.
- Our aim is to provide benefits to the applicants within the stipulated time frame.
15. Minister of State for Electronics and IT, Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar inaugurates NIC Tech Conclave 2022:
- Conclave focuses on Emerging Technologies applicable especially in e-Governance.
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) organized the #TechConclave2022 focused on Emerging Technologies applicable especially in e-Governance, with the theme “Next Gen Technologies for Digital Government”.
- The event was attended by Shri K. Rajaraman, Secretary, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Dr. Rajendra Kumar, Additional Secretary, MeitY, Dr. Neeta Verma, Director General, NIC,along with other dignitaries from Centre and State Governments.
- Addressing the event, Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar said that NIC plays an important role in bringing technology into Government & Governance.
- He further added that anticipating planning for the future of Technology for the Government, is embedded in the DNA of NIC.
- Shri K. Rajaraman, Secretary, MeitY congratulated NIC for its innovative products and the Conclave is going to serve as an opportunity to devise innovative ways of working, new things that can be done for the citizens.
- He also congratulated NIC Team for its transformative flagship product, eOffice.
Dr. Rajendra Kumar, Additional Secretary, MeitY during his address said that the continuous efforts of MeitY and NIC in building larger platforms which aim at changing the entire paradigm of Digital Government, and making the services seamless, easily accessible, improve the ease of living and doing business, will yield results in the time to come.
- Dr. Neeta Verma, DG, NIC in her welcome address said that the Digital India program launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister has changed the Digital profile of the country.
- The tremendous growth in broadband networks, mobile apps, digital payments, cloud infrastructure, and vibrant start-ups ecosystems are leading to a whole lot of technology-led innovation around us.
- Commemorating Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav at NIC, MoS Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar released the ebook titled #75DigitalSolutionsfromNIC.
- The ebook outlines the benefits of various Government Schemes & initiatives achieved, through Digital Transformation facilitated with the help of NIC developed technology-driven solutions for the Citizens, Businesses, and the Government.
- The eBook is available at: https://uxdt.nic.in/flipbooks/75-Digital-Solutions-from-NIC/
- MoS also released the book titled “Citizen Empowerment Through Digital Transformation in Government” edited by Dr. Neeta Verma, DG NIC.
- The book captures the technology-led transformation of various sectors & their evolution presented from the lens of NIC officers working on PAN India digital infrastructure and services.
- Dr. Anand Deshpande, Founder, Chairman and Managing Director, Persistent Systems delivered a keynote address on NextGen Technologies for Digital Government.
- He talked about the need to focus on the concept of Nano-Entrepreneurs. He highlighted technologies to invest and leverage in coming times Data &Machine Learning, Applications & APIs, Metaverse, Web3 & Crypto and Security & Privacy.
- In her keynote address, Ms. Daisy Chittilapilly, President, CISCO India, and SAARC that technology is India’s greatest ally.
- As work patterns are getting redefined and new business models are getting redesigned, technology can be used for greater good and inclusive growth.
- NIC’s Tech Conclave 2022 will enrich the IT Managers of the Government Ministries/ Departments on the latest ICT technologies and their use cases on the latest technologies and industry best practices.
- It will also provide a platform for IT Secretaries of State Governments to better know the new technologies and applications which can be rolled out in the states.
- It will facilitate interaction among Industry and IT managers of the Government, contributing immensely to the capacity building especially in the Government functioning across the country, and help in delivering high-quality citizen-centric services.