Daily Current Affairs June 22
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 22. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 22| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs June 22
1. Which day is celebrated as the World Music Day 2022?
A) June 19
B) June 17
C) June 20
D) June 21
E) June 15
Answer: D) June 21
- World Music Day is celebrated every year on June 21.
- World Music Day was first observed in France in the year 1982.
- It was organised by the then French Minister of Culture, Jack Lange.
- It was on the Summer Solstice that Jack Lange came together with Maurice Fleuret and commenced the Fete de la Musique in Paris.
- It is also why World Music Day is alternatively known as Fete de la Musique.
- Fleuret was the main man behind initiating and organising the World Music Day.
- He was a French composer, music journalist, and radio producer by profession.
- To celebrate this day, people from music backgrounds, both veterans and budding artists, come out to showcase their talent.
- On this day, free concerts are organised for everyone to attend.
- It is a massive cultural exchange and also brings society closer.
- “Music on the intersections”.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 22
2. Which Bank launched EXIM trade portal, SIB TF Online?
A) Axis Bank
B) South Indian Bank
C) Bank of Baroda
D) DBS Bank
E) Karnataka Bank
Answer: B) South Indian Bank
- South Indian Bank has launched a new portal called ‘SIB TF Online’ for its corporate EXIM customers.
- The portal facilitates a platform for trade-related payments to foreign entities remotely.
- The customer can initiate the payment request over SIB TF Online after uploading the relevant supporting documents for the transaction.
- The bank plans to launch SIB TF Online in phases, with the initial version allowing three types of import remittances such as advance remittance for Imports, remittance against import bill received from overseas bank for collection (Bank-to-Bank Foreign Inward Collection Bill) and payment against Import documents received by the importer directly from overseas suppliers.
- In the subsequent phases, the portal would facilitate all other forex transactions as well.
- SIB TF Online has been hosted on the home page of Corporate Internet Banking (SIBerNet) and would allow corporates to transact 24×7, in a safe and paperless manner.
3. World Bank approved additional how many million dollar to improve education results for children in Gujarat?
Answer: A) 250
- The World Bank Board of Executive Directors today approved additional financing of $250 million for Outcomes for Accelerated Learning (GOAL), a program which aims to improve education results for children across the state of Gujarat.
- This financing will benefit an additional 3,000 schools that have been disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The education system in the State of Gujarat ensures schooling for almost 12 million students, 65 percent of which are in remote regions or ‘priority districts’, and where literacy and gender gaps are most pronounced.
- Priority districts also tend to lag in terms of access to education, school infrastructure, and learning outcomes.
- Following the COVID-19 crisis, the state estimated learning losses of about 10 percent, with students in priority areas being disproportionately impacted.
4. CBI booked DHFL in ‘biggest’ banking fraud of how many crore; 17 banks hit?
Answer: C) 34615
- The CBI has booked Dewan Housing Finance Ltd, its former CMD Kapil Wadhawan, director DheerajWadhawan, and others for bank fraud of Rs 34,615 crore, making it the biggest such case probed by the agency.
- Following the registration of the case on June 20, a team of over 50 officials from the agency carried out coordinated searches on 12 premises in Mumbai belonging to the FIR-listed accused which also include Sudhakar Shetty of Amaryllis Realtors and eight other builders.
- The action came on a complaint from the Union Bank of India (UBI), the leader of the 17-member lender consortium which had extended credit facilities to the tune of Rs 42,871 crore between 2010 and 2018.
- The bank has alleged that Kapil and Dheeraj Wadhawan in criminal conspiracy with others misrepresented and concealed facts, committed criminal breach of trust, and abused public funds to cheat the consortium to the tune of Rs 34,614 crore by defaulting on loan repayments from May 2019 onwards.
5. Which Bank launched online SB account opening facility?
A) Axis Bank
B) South Indian Bank
C) Bank of Baroda
D) DBS Bank
E) Karnataka Bank
Answer: E) Karnataka Bank
- The city-headquartered private sector Karnataka Bank launched online SB account opening facility through ‘video-based customer identification process’ (V-CIP).
- The facility enabled in the corporate website of the bank empowers prospective customers to open a savings account through online process and complete KYC verification through a video call at their place of convenience.
- The end-to-end paperless digital process leverages the bank’s application programming interface (API) that auto-fills the account opening form, validates PAN/Aadhaar number instantly and completes the know your customer (KYC) process through a video call.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs June 22
6. India’s digital sector valuations will crossed USD 1 trillion by which year?
Answer: D) 2025
- India supports innovation across every sector and its digital sector valuations will cross USD 1 trillion by 2025, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi as he underlined the role of BRICS countries amid the global focus on post covid recovery.
- The Prime Minister made these remarks at the opening ceremony of the BRICS Business Forum being hosted by China in a virtual mode.
- This year India is expecting 7.5 per cent growth.
- India’s success is based on technology-led growth with innovation and startups.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs June 22
7. Which of the following country appointedPaalLongva deputy central bank chief?
Answer: B) Norway
- Norway’s government has appointed PaalLongva as deputy chief of the country’s central bank.
- Longva has been head of operations at the finance department of the finance ministry since 2011.
- His responsibilities will focus on “central bank operations”, rather than on Norway’s $1.2 trillion sovereign wealth fund, which is managed by a unit of Norges Bank.
- Longva will be the first deputy chair of the bank’s executive board, as well as first deputy chair of the bank’s monetary policy and financial stability committee.
- Longva takes on the role left vacant by Ida Wolden Bache, who was appointed central bank governor in March.
8. Centre government appointed as new chief justices for how many high courts?
Answer: B) 6
- The Centre notified the appointment of new chief justices in six high courts.
- The Ministry of Law and Justice notified the appointment to six high courts namely Delhi, Telangana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan and Gauhati.
- Satish Chandra Sharma, Chief Justice of Telangana High Court has been transferred to Delhi High Court in the same capacity. The other five high court judges have been elevated as chief justices.
- VipinSanghi, the acting Chief Justice of Delhi High Court was appointed in the same capacity in Uttarkhand.
- Justice UjjalBhuyanof Telangana High Court has been elevated as the chief justice of Telangana High Court.
- Justice AmjadAhtesham Sayed of Bombay High Court has been appointed as Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court.
- Justice ShindeSambhajiShiwajiof Bombay High Court has been appointed as Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court.
- Justice RashminManharbhaiChhayaof Gujarat High Court has been appointed as Chief Justice of GauhatiHigh Court.
- The Centre’s notification comes after a month after the names were recommended by the Supreme Court collegium led by Chief Justice of India N V Ramanaon May 17.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 22
9. Garuda Aerospace, HiiLSE to set up drone manufacturing facility in which of the following country?
Answer: A) Malaysia
- Drone start-up Garuda Aerospace has partnered with HiiLSE Global SdnBhd (HiiLSE Drones) to set up its first aerospace plant in Malaysia, the company.
- Described as HiiLSE Garuda Aerospace Plant, the facility spread across 2.42 hectares would be set up at an investment of Rs 115 crore.
- The partners aim to focus on providing cutting-edge technology to both the government and private sectors all across the region.
- Claimed to be the first and largest in Southeast Asian region once it becomes operational, the facility is expected to generate 3,000 jobs.
10. BAPS launched research institute in which of the following country?
Answer: D) USA
- Driven by the increasing interest in Sanskrit language and traditional Indian knowledge, a top Hindu spiritual organization has launched a first of its kind research institute in the United States.
- The BAPS Swaminarayan Research Institute in New Jersey was formally inaugurated by Mahant Swami Maharaj, who joined the ceremony virtually from Ahmedabad, with the lighting of the inaugural lamp, symbolizing the spreading of the light of knowledge throughout the world.
11. EAM S Jaishankar to embark on four-day visit to attend Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in which of the following country?
Answer: E) Rwanda
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar will be on a four-day visit to Kigali in Rwanda to attend the 26th Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM).
- He will be leading the Indian delegation to the CHOGM, which had earlier been postponed twice due to Covid-19 pandemic.
- The theme of the summit is – Delivering a Common Future: Connecting, Innovating, Transforming.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 22
12. India will need to invest how many billion dollar to meet its 2030 climate goals?
Answer: C) 223
- India will need a $223 billion investment to meet its wind and solar capacity goals for 2030, according to a new report released by research company BloombergNEF (BNEF).
- The BloombergNEF report titled “Financing India’s 2030 Renewables Ambition” said corporate commitments from Indian power companies could help India achieve 86% of its 2030 goals of building 500GW of cumulative renewable energy generation capacity.
- India has already installed 165GW of renewable energy by 2021.
- Central Electricity Authority (CEA) has forecast that India’s reliance on coal will drop from 53% of installed capacity in 2021 to 33% in 2030, whereas solar and wind together will make up 51% by then, up from 23% in 2021.
- India has already invested around $ 75 billion in renewable energy in the past eight years 2014 to 2021 to install 165 GW of renewable energy which now needs to treble to $ 223 billion to meet India’s 500 GW goal by 2030.
13. Okinawa Autotech to set up third plant in which of the following state/UT with ₹500-crore investment?
B) Madhya Pradesh
E) New Delhi
Answer: A) Rajasthan
- Electric two-wheeler maker Okinawa Autotech will set up a mega factory in Karoli, Rajasthan with an investment of ₹500 crore and it will be fully operational from October 2023.
- This is the company’s third plant after its two factories in Rajasthan.
- This mega factory will be spread across 30 acres of land and will provide employment to more than 5,000 people.
14. Which State/UT government signs MoU with entigrity, commits upto INR 150 crore investment?
B) Madhya Pradesh
E) New Delhi
Answer: D) Gujarat
- Ahmedabad-based outsourcing and fintech company, Entigrity Pvt. Ltd entered into a partnership with the Government of Gujarat.
- Aims to invest INR 150 crores and create 3,000 jobs in the IT & Outsourcing Industry of the state.
- The company signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Gujarat under its IT/ITES policy 2022-27.
- As part of the Government’s IT/ITeS policy 2022-27, under this MOU, the company intends to generate an upwards of 3,000 employment opportunities across Gujarat and invest upto INR 150 crores in the coming 3 to 5 years.
15. Culture Minister G Kishan Reddy inaugurates ‘Jyotirgamaya’ festival showcasing talent of unsung performers in in which of the following state/UT?
B) Madhya Pradesh
E) New Delhi
Answer: E) New Delhi
- Union Culture Minister G. Kishan Reddy inaugurated Jyotirgamaya – a festival showcasing the talent of unsung performers in New Delhi.
- As part of AzadiKaAmritMahotsav and on the occasion of World Music Day, SangeetNatakAkademi has organised this festival to showcase the talent of rare musical instruments from across the country, including street performers and train entertainers.
16. DP World set up new technology centre in which city?
Answer: C) Bengaluru
- Dubai-based multinational logistics firm DP World had set up a new technology centre in Bengaluru as part of its strategy of building a holistic digital ecosystem for trade.
- The new Bengaluru office, which will work on new technology solutions products to improve global trade and supply chain, is the second such facility opened by the company this year, following the establishment of a technology centre in Hyderabad in May this year.
- DP World’s presence in the Indian technology market has grown rapidly to match its ambitions in the digital trade sphere.
- At the beginning of 2021, the company had just 50 employees in the country, which has already grown to more than 450 with the opening of the first two offices.
- As this exponential growth continues, the company’s headcount is expected to reach as many as 800 by the middle of next year.
- Employees at the new centre will take on a variety of roles, from developers, product and project management, quality assurance and automation to UX Design, system analysts and system design, fulfilling DP World’s vision of building technologically advanced integrated services to help trade flow.
17. PM Modi launched the scheme worth of how much amount in Gujarat?
A) Rs 25,000 crore
B) Rs 22,000 crore
C) Rs 26,000 crore
D) Rs 30,000 crore
E) Rs 21,000 crore
Answer: E) Rs 21,000 crore
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched schemes worth Rs 21,000 crore in Gujarat, hardly six months away from assembly elections in his home state in December.
- He laid the foundation stone for Railway projects worth more than Rs 16,000 crore—works that include a new 357-km long Palanpur-Madar section of a dedicated freight corridor (DFC).
- He laid foundation stones for the redevelopment of Surat, Udhna, Somnath and Sabarmati railway stations.
- Modi dedicated 138,000 houses worth Rs 1,800 crore in urban areas and Rs 1,530 crore in rural areas: they were constructed as part of the Pradhan MantriAwasYojana(PMAY) scheme.
- He inaugurated schemes across verticals at a public meeting called ‘Gujarat Gaurav Abhiyan’ in Vadodara.
- The meeting also saw the launch of projects in railways, housing and education in central Gujarat.
- Urban poor families got 750,000 houses and 450,000 middle class families got help in constructing homes from the central government, Modi told the meeting.
- He launched the ‘MukhyamantriMatrushaktiYojana’ nutrition scheme for pregnant and lactating mothers.
- With an outlay of Rs 800 crore, the scheme will see monthly supply of 2 kg of chickpeas, 1 kg of yellow split pigeon peas (toor dal) and 1 kg of edible oil free of cost from AnganwadiCentresfor three years.
- The Central University of Gujarat is also set to receive its own long pending permanent campus with Modi laying the foundation stone for the same in Kundhela village near Vadodara.
- The permanent campus of the central university will be constructed at a cost of around Rs 425 crore and will be able to carry a capacity of over 2,500 students.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy