Daily Current Affairs June 23
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 23. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 23| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs June 23
1. International Olympic Day is observed on?
A) June 22
B) June 25
C) June 23
D) June 24
E) June 21
Answer: C) June 23
- The world is celebrating International Olympic Day on June 23.
- The date coincides with the day IOC was founded in 1984
- The first modern Olympics were held in 1896 in Greece
- The day celebrates the benefits of sporting activities
- It is observed to celebrate the foundation of the modern Olympic Games.
- ‘Together for a peaceful world’.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs June 23
2. Ronaldo clinches silver in sprint event for his ____ medal?
Answer: E) 3
- Top Indian cyclist Ronaldo Singh dished out the best performance of his career as he clinched a silver medal in the sprint event of the senior category on the concluding day of the Asian Track Championship.
- This was his third medal of the championships.
- He had earlier won bronze medals in 1km time trial and team sprint events.
- Japan topped the combined medal tally with 18 gold, seven silver and two bronze.
- In the world class field, the Indian cycling team finished fifth with 23 medals (2 Gold, 6 Silver, 15 Bronze).
- Korea finished second with 12 gold, 14 silver and three bronze medals while Kazakhstan secured third place with four gold, four silver and three bronze.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs June 23
3. India jump two places to which spot in FIFA ranking?
Answer: A) 104
- The Indian football team reaped a good harvest of its impressive Asian Cup qualification campaign as it gained two places to jump to 104th in the latest FIFA world rankings.
- The Blue Tigers are placed just below New Zealand (103rd), who missed out on a 2022 FIFA World Cup spot after losing to Costa Rica 0-1 in the intercontinental play-off earlier this month.
- In the overall rankings, Brazil remained on top, three months after taking the top spot from Belgium (2nd).
- Argentina jumped one place to third at the expense of France (4th) who paid the price for four winless games in the UEFA Nations League.
- England, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal and Denmark complete the top-10.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 23
4. RBI taps top banks including ____, ICICI, SBI for blockchain-based trade financing project?
A) KarurVysya Bank
B) DBS Bank
C) Canara Bank
D) Indian Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: E) HDFC Bank
- HDFC bank, ICICI Bank and State Bank of India are among nearly a dozen top lenders the central bank is engaging with to run a blockchain-based pilot project centred on trade financing.
- If successful, it could help prevent loan frauds by the likes of Nirav Modi and MehulChoksi, fugitive borrowers that gamed the system to siphon off thousands of crores of rupees.
- Belgium-based SettleMint, US-based Corda Technologies and IBM would provide technology support for the project driven by the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Innovation Hub in Bangalore, three people familiar with the matter told ET.
- Axis Bank Bank of Baroda and Union Bank of India are also involved.
- The pilot project, called ‘proof of concept’ in industry parlance, will harness blockchain technology where ‘blocks’ of transaction data are stored in ‘chains’ with peer-to-peer access to enhance traceability of money flow.
5. IIFL Finance gets board’s approval to raise how manycr by issuing bonds?
Answer: A) 5000
- IIFL Finance is planning to raise debt capital worth Rs5,000 crore by issuing bonds on a private placement basis, the company.
- The bonds will be offered through public issue, subject to regulatory and statutory approvals.
- IIFL Finance is a non-banking finance company (NBFC), offering products such as home loans, gold loans, and business loans, including loans against property and medium & small enterprise financing, microfinance, developer and construction finance.
- It also offers capital market finance; catering to both retail and corporate clients.
6. World Bank approved project to promote rain-fed farming in which of the following state?
B) Uttar Pradesh
E) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttarakhand
- The World Bank has approved a project worth Rs 1,000 crore for taking rain-fed farming to new heights in the hilly regions of Uttarakhand.
- The project named Uttarakhand Climate Responsive Rain-fed Farming Project will be implemented by the watershed department.
- The state government had proposed the project which is aimed at reducing green house gas emissions for funding by the World Bank.
- The World Bank has agreed to fund the project.
- The project will also help in springshed management, boosting agricultural productivity, controlling migration and promoting cluster based agriculture.
- It will also boost climate friendly activities in the agriculture sector so that it becomes an economically viable option for the youth and farmers.
7. World Bank supports ASEAN States to reduce marine plastic pollution with how many million US dollar grant?
Answer: B) 20
- The World Bank will support ASEAN Member States to reduce marine plastic pollution with a US$20 million grant for the Southeast Asia Regional Program on Combating Marine Plastics (SEA-MaP), approved today by the World Bank Board of Executive Directors.
- Southeast Asia has emerged as a hot spot for plastic pollution because of rapid urbanization and a rising middle class.
- The economic costs are significant, with the direct damage to key blue economy sectors in the ASEAN Member States alone estimated at US$2.1 billion in 2015.
8. Which Small Finance Bank launched industry’s first customisable Credit Card, LIT?
A) Ujjjivan Small Finance Bank
B) Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
C) Suryoday Small Finance Bank
D) Equitas Small Finance Bank
E) AU Small Finance Bank
Answer: E) AU Small Finance Bank
- AU Small Finance Bank launched an innovative Credit Card product that brings a revolutionary change in the credit card landscape.
- The AU Bank LIT (Live-It-Today) Credit Card, by the largest small finance bank and one of the fastest-growing retail banks in India, offers a unique value proposition to cardholders – to choose the features they want and for the time period they want.
- While credit card companies offer attractive products in different categories, it is often difficult for customers to find the combination of all such features in one single card.
- This forces them to opt for multiple credit cards offering specific category rewards like Travel card for maximising travel related spends or co-branded cards for shopping on specific e-commerce sites.
- With the LIT Credit Card, the Bank has put the power to choose these features in the hands of the customers – all categories in one card.
- Further, they also get the freedom to switch on or off these features as per their changing lifestyle requirements.
- LIT credit card provides a higher degree of engagement to customers, through the AU0101 app as they can track their saving/earnings daily to maximize their benefits.
- Most importantly, the card hosts multiple benefits and customers can activate any feature on-the-go in real time for a small convenience fee.
- Cardholders can avail the best of both Cashbacks and Reward Points, using the features that are offered.
- The default validity period for each feature is 90 days.
- LIT Credit Card offers five categories of features, namely:
- Lounge Access: Wherein customers can opt for one or two lounge access per quarter
Milestone Benefits: By which, one can get more reward points or cashbacks
OTT & Lifestyle Memberships: Wherein they can get free membership to various platforms and services
- Accelerated Rewards (Online/Offline): Customers can get higher reward points for online and POS transactions
- Other Features: Including fuel surcharge waiver, cashback on grocery, and much more.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs June 23
9. Which insurance company and Policybazaar come together to launch ‘Smart Fixed-return Digital Plan, a short-term Online LI Savings Plan for millennials?
A) Max Life Insurance
B) Shriram Life Insurance
C) Reliance Nippon Life Insurance
D) Exide Life Insurance
E) Tata AIA Life Insurance
Answer: A) Max Life Insurance
- Max Life Insurance Company Ltd. has launched the ‘Max Life Smart Fixed-return Digital Plan a non-linked, non-participating, individual life insurance savings plan.
- The novel offering developed basis a consumer insight study helps the customers meet short-term financial goals with a minimum policy tenure of five years.
- The plan offers guaranteed tax-free returns up to 6.14% along with life cover protection at monthly premiums as low as Rs 3000/- and is also available to purchase on Max Life’s website and Policybazaar.com.
- The Smart Fixed-return Digital Plan targets the digitally-savvy millennials who prefer quick and hassle-free online onboarding.
- Offering higher returns as compared to traditional savings instruments, this product innovation combines guaranteed, tax-free offering and protection cover of life insurance, allowing young consumers to enjoy the dual benefits of savings and protection within a single product proposition.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs June 23
10. BrahMos Deputy CEO gets disaster management award,the award is presented by which ministry?
C) Tourism and Culture
D) External Affairs
Answer: C) Tourism and Culture
- BrahMos Aerospace Deputy CEO Sanjeev Joshi received the World Disaster Management Congress for Disaster Risk Reduction during the COVID-19 pandemic from 2020 to 2021.
- The award ceremony was held in the national capital and presented by Tourism and Culture G Kishan Reddy.
- Joshi was in Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) when the COVID crisis hit globally and collaborated on the efforts against the pandemic.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs June 23
11. ISRO’s PSLV-C53 to launch how many Singapore satellites?
Answer: D) 3
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will be launching – the second dedicated commercial mission of its commercial arm NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) – ‘PSLV-C53’ carrying three satellites from Singapore.
- The launch vehicle carrying DS-EO satellite along with two other co-passenger satellites is scheduled to lift off from the Second Launch Pad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.
- This will be the 55th mission of PSLV and 15th mission using the PSLV-Core Alone variant, and is the 16th PSLV launch from the second launch pad.
- A four stage, 44.4 m tall PSLV-C53 has a lift-off mass of 228.433 t, and would inject DS-EO satellite into an orbit with semi-major axis of 6948.137 + 20 km, at an altitude of 570 km measured from the equator, with a low inclination of 100+ 0.20.
- The three satellites are- DS-EO, a 365 kg and NeuSAR, a 155 kg satellite both belonging to Singapore and built by Starec Initiative, Republic of Korea, and the third satellite is a 2.8 kg Scoob-1 of Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
12. India’s GSAT-___ satellite launched, entire capacity leased to Tata Play?
Answer: B) 24
- NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) successfully undertook the launch of GSAT-24 in its first ”demand-driven” communication satellite mission post space sector reforms, leasing the entire capacity on board to Direct-to-Home (DTH) service provider Tata Play.
- Built by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for NSIL, GSAT-24 is a 24-Ku band communication satellite weighing 4180 kg with pan-India coverage for meeting DTH application needs.
- NewSpace India Limited (NSIL), a CPSE under the Department of Space, successfully undertook the launch of a GSAT-24 communication satellite on board Ariane-V (VA257 flight) from Kourou, French Guiana (South America).
- Ariane-V (VA257 flight), operated by French company Arianespace, also carried a Measat-3d communication satellite from Malaysia as another co-passenger.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 23
13. India, Norway to hold ____ task force meeting on Blue Economy?
Answer: D) 5th
- The India-Norway Task Force on Blue Economy for Sustainable Development will meet for the 5th time, the Norwegian Embassy.
- The meeting is chaired by Secretary Dr M Ravichandran, Ministry of Earth Sciences, and the Norwegian Ambassador, Hans Jacob Frydenlund.
- The Task Force was constituted after the initiative from Prime Minister Narendra Modi to support growth in the Blue Economy as the 6th dimension of his Vision of New India by 2030.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 23
14. AP govt cleared Adani green energy projects worth how many crores?
Answer: B) 15740
- In a boost to the green energy sector in Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has cleared pump storage projects proposed by Adani Green Energy with a total capacity of 3,700 MW.
- The project was cleared in the State Investment Promotion Board (SIPB) review meeting.
- Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy has cleared the proposal of investment of Rs 15,740 crore which is a part of the proposed total investment of Rs 60,000 crore by Adani Group in the state of Andhra Pradesh that was discussed during the World Economic Forum meet at Davos recently.
- The project will generate 10,000 jobs across four districts of Andhra Pradesh.
15. Defence Ministry approved setting up of ‘BRO Cafes’ at how many border locations across 12 states/UTs?
Answer: E) 75
- Ministry of Defence has approved setting up of wayside amenities under the brand of ‘BRO Cafes’ at 75 locations on different sections of roads with Border Roads Organisation across 12 states and Union territories.
- These are intended to provide basic amenities and comfort to tourists and lead to boosting of economic activities in border areas, besides generating employment for the local people.
16. SECL signed MoU with MP Power Generation Co for ____MW power plant?
Answer: A) 660
- Coal India subsidiary South Eastern Coalfields Limited (SECL) has signed MoU with the Madhya Pradesh Power Generation Company Limited (MPPGCL) to develop a 660 MW thermal power unit at an investment of Rs 4,665 crore.
- SECL said a joint venture company will be formed that will execute the 660MW supercritical thermal power plant in Amarkantak Thermal Power Station in Chachai.
- The MoU was signed by managing director of MPPGCL Bhanjit Singh and SECL General manager Arupdutt Chaudhary in presence of several senior officials.
17. PM Modi inaugurated_____ ministry’s new premises ‘VanijyaBhawan’?
Answer: C) Commerce
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the new premises of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry – ‘VanijyaBhawan’.
- Besides, Modi also launched a new portal called NIRYAT– a one-stop place for all info needed for India’s foreign trade.
- This new premise and the portal are a symbol of both physical and digital infrastructure, and it would reflect India’s aspiration of ‘AtmaNirbhar Bharat’ or a self-reliant India.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology