Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 18 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Nelson Mandela International day is observed on July 18. He was former President of which country?
b) South Korea
d) South Africa
Answer: d) South Africa
- This day was first celebrated on July 18, 2010, after the United Nations in November 2009 officially declared Nelson Mandela International Day.
- Originally, this day was Mandela’s idea to celebrate his birthday as Mandela Day.
- On his 90th birthday, Mandela said, “It is time for new hands to lift the burdens. It is in your hands now.”
- However, there were some groups that started celebrating this day from July 18, 2009.
- In 2014, the UN General Assembly introduced the Nelson Mandela Prize, an award recognising the achievements of those who dedicate their lives to the service of humanity.
Theme of day 2021:
- The theme for this year’s Nelson Mandela International Day is “One Hand Can Feed Another.”
2. G Made Gowda passed away. He was related to which field?
Answer: D) Politician
- Gandhian and former MP G Made Gowda died of age-related illness at a hospital in Mandya district.
- Inspired by Mahatma Gandhi, Gowda took part in the freedom struggle and was imprisoned for various periods between 1942 and 1947.
- His participation in the freedom movement laid the foundation for his political life.
- He was six-time MLA from Kirugavalu Assembly constituency between 1962 and 1989 and was elected to the ninth and 10th Lok Sabha.
3. Which Bank adjudged the best Public Sector Bank (PSB) in the country for its outstanding performance in the field of Agriculture Credit, Micro Finance, Financial Inclusion and Technology adoption?
A) Federal Bank
B) Punjab National Bank
C) CSB Bank
D) RBL Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: B) Punjab National Bank
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) honoured PNB for its remarkable contribution to rural customers with a “Special Commemorative Award”.
- Speaking on the occasion, CH. S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao, MD & CEO of PNB, said, “Despite the impact of the pandemic, PNB has been at the forefront of developing India’s agriculture and MSME sectors.
- Last year, the bank ran the Village Contact Program, a campaign that covered more than 30,000 villages across the country, thereby identifying significant opportunities in agriculture and MSME credit.
- Further, the bank improved access to social security schemes like Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojna, Suraksha Beema Yojna and Atal Pension Yojna.”
- ”One of the campaign objectives was to enhance digitization to the last mile for financial inclusion, such as issuance of debit cards and bringing rural communities under the PNB One Mobile App, which has yielded great results.
4. Which state govt approves new solar energy policy?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttar Pradesh
- Under the new solar energy policy, the Uttar Pradesh Government has approved a proposal for setting up solar power plants at the cost of Rs 7,500 crore by 2022 in order to produce 1,535 MW of solar energy, the 24 new plants have currently increased solar power production to 1,140 MW in the state.
- Besides, the government has laid a network for rural electrification in the state.
- With the efforts of the Yogi government, solar rooftops of 225 MW capacity have been installed in the state while markets and roads in the countryside are lit up with solar street lights.
- Under the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Solar Street Light Scheme, solar street lights have been installed in 25,569 markets.
- Apart from this, installation of 13,791 solar street lights in selected revenue villages under Mukhyamantri Samagra Gram Vikas Yojana is underway.
- Furthermore, 19,579 solar pumps have been installed to help farmers in the irrigation of their farms.
5. Which state government has got the in-principle approval from the central government to set up a ‘Cultural Centre’?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Haryana
6. Ordnance Factory in which place hands over Fifteen 12.7 mm M2 NATO Stabilized Remote Control Gun to Indian Navy & 10 to Indian Coast Guard?
Answer: E) Tiruchirappalli
- Ordnance Factory Tiruchirappalli hands over Fifteen 12.7 mm M2 NATO Stabilized Remote Control Gun to Indian Navy & 10 to Indian Coast Guard.
- It is manufactured with transfer of technology agreement from Elbit Systems, Israel.
- The gun is meant for marine applications and can remotely engage targets.
- It is equipped with an inbuilt CCD camera, thermal imager and a laser range finder for observation and tracking of targets through day and night operations.
7. Which State/UT launched Parvarish, a scheme for the development and rehabilitation of children affected and orphaned due to Covid-19?
B) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: c) Chandigarh
- For children who have lost one or both the parents due to Covid and have been placed in child-care institutions, their educational, medical and nutritional expenses will be borne by the department of social welfare and a fixed deposit of Rs 3 lakh will also be made in the child’s name.
- The amount can be withdrawn after they attain the age of 21 years.
- Financial support under the scheme will also be extended to Covid positive children wherein monthly financial assistance of Rs 2,500 will be provided for three months to meet their nutritional needs and it will be applicable to children found Covid positive after January 1, 2021.