Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 17 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. International Justice Day is observed on which date?
A) July 13
B) July 14
C) July 15
D) July 16
E) July 17
Answer: E) July 17
International Justice Day: Theme:
- This year’s World Social Justice Day subject is “Social Justice in the Digital Economy”.
- Technological developments over the last decade have aided humans in navigating the perilous terrain of a globe ravaged by Covid-19.
World Emoji Day:
- On July 17 every year, World Emoji Day is celebrated globally to promote the usage of emojis on digital platforms like WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Emoji is a Japanese word that means picture word.
- In the beginning, there were emoticons and now after emojis, the world is slowly moving to animated emojis, stickers, and animated stickers that make the messaging experience even more engaging.
History of emoji:
- The first emoji was developed in the year 1999 by an engineer in Japan. Shigetaka Kurika at that time worked in a Japanese telecom company NTT Docomo.
- After that, he created 176 emojis for the release of a mobile integrated service called i-mode.
- In 2007, a software internationalisation team at Google petitioned to get emoji recognised by the Unicode Consortium, a nonprofit group that works to maintain text standards across computers.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
2. Tata Power ties up with which company to provide end-to-end EV charging stations?
Answer: E) HPCL
- Tata Power has joined hands with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) to provide end-to-end electric vehicle (EV) charging stations at the latter’s retail outlets at multiple cities and major highways across the country, according to a statement released.
- Under the pact, Tata Power will provide its EV charging infrastructure at HPCL petrol pumps for users.
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
3. Reliance acquires how much pc stake in Just Dial for Rs 3,497 crore?
Answer: B) 40.95
4. Bashar Assad is appointed as President of which country?
C) New Zealand
Answer: B) Syria
5. Who won Norman Borlaug National Award for Excellence in Agricultural Research?
A) Sathish Chakraborthy
B) Kajal Chakraborthy
C) Sakthi Chakraborthy
D) Sankar Chakraborthy
E) Varadhan Chakraborthy
Answer: B) Kajal Chakraborthy
- The research to develop nutraceutical products from seaweeds for the treatment of lifestyle diseases including diabetes has brought national recognition to Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) principal scientist Kajal Chakraborthy.
- He bagged the prestigious Norman Borlaug National Award for Excellence in Agricultural Research instituted by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) functioning under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
- The award, which is announced every five years, carries a cash prize of Rs 10 lakh.
6. The Indian Navy has received the first two of its MH-60R Multi Role Helicopters (MRH) from which country?
C) New Zealand
Answer: E) USA
- After a long wait of more than a decade, the Indian Navy has received the first two of its MH-60R Multi Role Helicopters (MRH) from the United States Navy.
- These helicopters were handed over in a ceremony which was held at US Naval Air Station North Island in San Diego.
- MH-60R helicopter is an all-weather helicopter designed to support multiple missions with state-of-the-art avionics/ sensors.
- 24 of these helicopters are being procured under Foreign Military Sales from the US government.
7. Which state will launch a flagship startup promotion scheme Accelerate Startups in AP (ASAP) for early stage startups to offer plug-and-play office space and access to a network of investors and mentors?
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: D) Andhra Pradesh
- It will also set up a Rs 100 crore ‘fund of funds’, in partnership with a consortium of Venture Capitals and Private Equity firms and universities, for funding startups in the state.
- This has been announced in the state’s new AP Information Technology Policy 2021-24, which was formally notified after the Cabinet cleared it on June 30.
8. Which company and the World Resources Institute India have entered into a pact to work on strategising for India’s transition towards a net-zero emission trajectory?
C) NITI Aayog
Answer: E) CESL
- Convergence Energy Services Ltd (CESL) and the World Resources Institute India have entered into a pact to work on strategising for India’s transition towards a net-zero emission trajectory.
- Under the partnership, WRI India will support CESL in building adaptative business models to help state governments realise their targets, including decentralising renewable energy and improving battery storage capacities.
9. Which state has approved the draft of Mukhyamantri Kisan Mitra Bijli Yojana to provide relief to farmers?
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Rajasthan
- The Rajasthan government will give a grant of Rs 1,000 every month to the agricultural consumers on electricity bills.
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has approved the draft of Mukhyamantri Kisan Mitra Bijli Yojana to provide relief to farmers.
- According to a statement, agricultural consumers will be able to get a grant of Rs 1,000 per month on electricity bills or a maximum of Rs 12,000 per year.
10. MeitY enables map services in UMANG App through MOU with which Organisation?
Answer: E) MapmyIndia
- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) has taken various initiatives in the recent past to ease the lives of citizens by facilitating online delivery of Government services.
- To further enhance the initiatives of the Digital India Programme, and keeping in view the theme of ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’, MeitY has enabled map services in “UMANG App ” through an MOU with MapmyIndia.
- To further increase usefulness to citizens, the map functionality will be shortly enabled in many more services such as:
- ESIC – Users can view ESIC centres such as hospitals/dispensaries on the map view and navigate to them.
- Indian Oil – Service is to locate nearby retail and distributors of Gas stations as well as fuel filling stations.
- NHAI: Users can view the toll plazas and toll rates information while travelling.
National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) provides information corresponding to nearby police stations on the map.
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (Meri Sadak) will help users to raise complaints of damaged roads (under PMGSY) by selecting the road on the Mapmy India platform.
11. The Zurich Airport International signed a shareholder agreement with NIAL in Lucknow for the development of which airport?
A) Noida International Airport
B) Hyderabad International Airport
c) Kolkata International Airport
D) Chennai International Airport
E) Varanasi International Airport
Answer: A) Noida International Airport
12. Centre launches how many new routes to boost regional aerial connectivity from Madhya Pradesh to Maharashtra, Gujarat?
Answer: B) 8
- The Civil Aviation Ministry launched eight new routes to bolster the aerial connectivity from Madhya Pradesh to Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Union Minister of Civil Aviation Jyotiraditya Scindia, along with Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan and Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar virtually flagged off the eight new routes
- Operations will be started in eight new routes including Gwalior-Mumbai-Gwalior, Gwalior-Pune-Gwalior, Jabalpur-Surat-Jabalpur, and Ahmedabad-Gwalior-Ahmedabad route.