Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 19 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Shikhar Dhawan is related to which sports?
C) Table Tennis
Answer: E) Cricket
- India’s stand-in white-ball captain Shikhar Dhawan brought up 6000 ODI runs.
- As a result, he is now the 10th Indian batsman to do so in the 50-over format.
- He achieved the feat in the ongoing first ODI of the three-match series against Sri Lanka here at the R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo.
- Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Sourav Ganguly, Rahul Dravid, MS Dhoni, Mohammed Azharuddin, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj Singh, Virender Sehwag are the other nine batsmen who have scored more than 6000 runs in the ODI format.
- Earlier, India kept on taking wickets at regular intervals, but Chamika Karunaratne’s unbeaten 43-run knock helped Sri Lanka post 262/9. For India, Kuldeep Chahar, Yuzvendra Chahal, and Deepak Chahar returned with two wickets each.
2. The International Cricket Council inducted how many countries as the newest member countries at its 78th Annual General Meeting?
Answer: E) 3
- The International Cricket Council inducted Mongolia, Tajikistan and Switzerland as the newest member countries at its 78th Annual General Meeting.
- In addition, Zambia, having had their membership suspended at the ICC AGM in 2019, are no longer a member of the ICC due to continued non-compliance with ICC Membership Criteria.
3. Kevin Anderson beat Jenson Brooksby to win the Hall of Fame Open. He was related to which country?
E) South Africa
Answer: E) South Africa
- Kevin Anderson beat 20-year-old American Jenson Brooksby 7-6(8) 6-4 to win the Hall of Fame Open.
- The 35-year-old South African on Sunday captured his seventh ATP tour title, his first since the Maharashtra Open at Pune in January 2019.
- Greg Rusedski, then 19-years-old, was the youngest when he won the 1993 title on Newport’s grass courts, the only tourney played on grass in North America.
- The tournament is held in conjunction with enshrinement ceremonies into the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
- Anderson, a 2018 Wimbledon finalist, broke in the first game of the second set.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Maruti Suzuki India has tied up with which Bank for offering inventory financing to its dealer partners?
A) Federal Bank
B) Punjab National Bank
C) CSB Bank
D) RBL Bank
E) Bank of Maharashtra
Answer: E) Bank of Maharashtra
- The country’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India said it has tied up with Bank of Maharashtra for offering inventory financing to its dealer partners.
- This is the first time that Bank of Maharashtra will be offering dealer inventory financing to the company’s dealers.
- Bank of Maharashtra’s Mahabank Channel Financing scheme will provide comprehensive financing opportunities for MSIL’s dealer partners across the nation under the partnership.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
5. Which country has emerged as the fifth-largest foreign exchange reserves holder in the world?
Answer: B) India
- India has emerged as the fifth-largest foreign exchange reserves holder in the world after China, Japan, Switzerland and Russia.
- In a written reply in Lok Sabha, the Minister of State for Finance Pankaj Chaudhary said the country’s forex reserves stood at around 609 billion Dollars on 25th of June.
- He said the country’s foreign exchange reserves position is comfortable in terms of import cover of more than 18 months and provides cushion against unforeseen external shocks.
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
6. Which company has acquired TERA Finlabs?
Answer: E) Razorpay
- Fintech startup Razorpay said it has acquired TERA Finlabs, a Bengaluru-based startup that provides technology, risk, and capital solutions to enable embedded financing solutions for businesses.
- Razorpay had forayed into the business-to-business (B2B) small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) lending space with the launch of Razorpay Capital in 2019.
- This is Razorpay’s third acquisition in less than three years.
- Previously, Razorpay had acquired Thirdwatch – an Artificial Intelligence-driven company that helps reduce Return-to-Origin or RTO fraud losses in e-commerce – in 2018, and Open – a payroll management software company – in 2019.
Blackstone to acquire majority stake in Simplilearn for $250 million:
- Simplilearn Solutions said Blackstone will acquire a majority stake in the edutech company for USD 250 million (about Rs 1,860 crore).
- Simplilearn was founded in 2010 and the company has been profitable for the fourth year in a row.
- The platform offers over 100 programmes to help early to mid-career professionals acquire new-age digital skills across cloud, DevOps, data science, artificial intelligence and machine learning, digital marketing, cybersecurity and others.
7. Who has appointed as the Deputy Leader of the House in the Rajya Sabha?
A) Dr Harsh Vardhan
B) Nirmala Sitharaman
C) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
Answer: E) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- Union Cabinet Minister and senior BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi was appointed as the Deputy Leader of the House in the Rajya Sabha.
- The post fell vacant after Union Cabinet Minister Piyush Goyal was elevated to the post of Leader of the House in the Rajya Sabha last week.
- Mr Naqvi, who also holds the minority portfolio, is known for his extensive and wide knowledge of Parliamentary affairs and his cordial relations with various political parties
- He was the Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs in the first tenure of Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA government.
- Last month, Thawar Chand Gehlot, who was the Union Minister and Leader of the House in the Rajya Sabha, was appointed as the Governor of Karnataka
8. Which country has tested a Tsirkon (Zircon) hypersonic cruise missile, hitting a ground target off the coast of the Barents Sea?
Answer: C) Russia
- Russia has tested a Tsirkon (Zircon) hypersonic cruise missile, hitting a ground target off the coast of the Barents Sea at a range of more than 350 km (217 miles).
- The missile was fired from a ship located in the White Sea, the Admiral Gorshkov
9. External Affairs Minister spoke the inaugural session of which edition of CII-EXIM Bank Conclave on India & Africa Project Partnership?
Answer: A) 16
- The Covid-19 pandemic has provided the impetus for a stronger partnership between India and Africa with potential benefits to both as they build back sustainably after the crisis, experts attending the 16th CII-Exim Bank Digital Conclave on India-Africa Project Partnership affirmed.
- The three-day virtual conference, with the theme Harnessing the Africa-India Opportunity- Connect, Create, Collaborate, was organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the India Exim Bank with support from the Ministries of External Affairs and Commerce and Industry.
- Sessions focused on healthcare including vaccine access and equity, and digitization of the information technology, tourism, and hospitality sectors.
- The Asia External Representation Office of the Bank has been supporting and participating in the India-Africa conclave since 2014.
- India joined the African Development Fund, the concessional financing arm of the Bank Group, in 1982; a year later it became a member of the African Development Bank.
10. Which state police launches ‘Pink Protection’ for safety of women?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Kerala
- Kerala Police launched a new initiative called the ‘Pink Protection’ project for the protection of women in public, private and digital spaces.
- For the project, 10 cars, 40 two-wheelers including bullet bikes and 20 bicycles were allotted, which were flagged off by Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- The ‘Pink Protection’ project aims to prevent dowry-related issues, cyberbullying and humiliation in public places.
- The project has 10 components, one of which is activating the existing Pink Police Patrol system.
- The system has been named ‘Pink Janamaithri Beat,’ under which police officials will conduct regular house visits to collect information on domestic violence.
- They will collect information from panchayat members, neighbors and other locals and hand it over to the Station House Officers for further action.
- The Pink Beat system, in which specially trained women police officers have been deployed will be present at Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) and private buses and in front of schools, colleges and other public places including bus stops.
- Pink control rooms have been set up in all 14 districts to coordinate the activities.
- The Pink Shadow Patrol team will also be deployed to detect the presence of anti-socials in crowded areas and to take action.
- A bullet patrol team of woman police officers called ‘Pink Romeo’ was also launched as part of the project.
11. Which state/UT Mission Youth notifies Tejaswini Livelihood scheme for women entrepreneurs?
B) Jammu & Kashmir
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Jammu & Kashmir
- In its endeavor towards empowering women socially and economically, Jammu and Kashmir Mission Youth has notified Tejaswini Scheme for implementation in the Union Territory.
- The broad aim of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the young women of 18 to 35 years of age for setting up gainful self-employment ventures, suited to their skills, training, aptitude and local conditions. Under the scheme, female entrepreneurs shall be facilitated to avail financial assistance under Mudra from J&K Bank to the extent of Rs 5 lakh.
- K shall provide an amount of Rs 50,000 or 10 per cent of project cost as subsidy.
- Besides, interest component of the loan shall also be sponsored by Mission Youth as special incentive and repayment of loan will technically be interest free for the young female entrepreneurs who apply for assistance under the scheme.
- The scheme intends to provide assistance to all eligible young women who are domiciles of J&K and have a qualification of matriculation and above.
- It will also cater to enterprises where women entrepreneurs hold not less than 50 per cent of financial holding besides providing assistance to set up women centric businesses and micro start-ups.
- In view of low participation of women in various entrepreneurial and livelihood generation activities, Mission Youth has conceptualized this scheme for young women of J&K to uplift status of women in the society.
- Mission Youth has set a target to cover 2000 women entrepreneurs under the scheme during the current financial year.
- A budgetary component of Rs 12 crore has been earmarked by Mission Youth on account of government subsidy for the scheme for the current financial year.
- The scheme has the distinction of being the first of its kind under which repayment of financial assistance will be interest free.
- It has been specifically modeled to ensure that businesss set up by these young women turn into viable and flourishing enterprises.
- Mission Youth has decentralized implementation of the scheme for ensuring convenience to prospective women entrepreneurs.
- In this regard, a district level committee constituted under the Chairmanship of respective Deputy Commissioners shall implement the scheme and approve cases for assistance.
- Besides, concerned AD/DD Employment of each district has also been designated as Nodal Officers at District level to facilitate women entrepreneurs under the scheme.
12. Which state will launch his government’s new Dalit empowerment scheme, Dalita Bandhu on a pilot basis?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) West Bengal
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: E) Telangana
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will launch his government’s new Dalit empowerment scheme, now christened Dalita Bandhu, on a pilot basis from the byelection-bound Huzurabad assembly constituency.
- As per the scheme, an eligible Dalit family will get assistance worth Rs 10 lakh. After a review meeting, the chief minister’s office informed that a safety fund too will be created to help the beneficiaries in case of any emergency.
- In addition to Rs 1,200 crore announced earlier for implementation of the scheme across the state, the CM said Rs 1500 to Rs 2000 crore will be spent for the pilot project in Huzurabad.
- The launch date of the scheme will be announced soon.
- To begin with, the status of Dalit families in the constituency will be taken up.
- Based on guidelines and modalities, beneficiaries will be scrutinised and selected from 20,929 Dalit families.
- The sanctioned amounts will be deposited in the bank accounts of eligible beneficiaries.