Daily Current Affairs January 28&29
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs January 28&29. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 28&29| Daily Current Affairs 2023
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs January 28&29
1. The 17th Data Protection Day will be celebrated globally on ______?
A) January 22
B) January 23
C) January 24
D) January 26
E) January 28
Answer: E) January 28
- The 17th Data Protection Day will be celebrated globally on January 28.
- The celebrations are aimed at raising awareness about the right to data protection and various ways in which people can keep their data safe.
- This important celebration was initiated by the Council of Europe.
- The Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe decided to launch Data Protection Day in 2006. January 28 was chosen for the annual celebrations.
- Data Protection Day marks the anniversary of the opening of the global data protection Convention, Convention 108. For over 40 years, Convention 108 has influenced and shaped privacy and data protection. Data Protection Day is now celebrated globally and it is also known as ‘Privacy Day’ in some parts of the world.
- The theme for this year is ‘Think Privacy First’.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs January 28&29
2. India win inaugural Women’s U-19 T20 World Cup with thumping win over which country team?
- Indian U19 Women’s cricket team wrote the history at Senwes Park stadium South Africa.
- India defeated England by 7 wickets in T20 World Cup final to become the first women’s Indian cricket team to win a world championship.
- England skipper Grace Scrivens is the player of the tournament.
- Titas Sadhu wins the player of the match.
3. ArynaSabalenka of which country wins Women’s singles title defeating Kazakhstan’s Elena Rybakina in Australian Open Tennis?
Answer: A) Belarus
- In Australian Open 2023, fifth seed Belarus’ ArynaSabalenka came from a set down to beat the Twenty-second seed Kazakhstan’s Elena Rybakina in the final of the Australian Open women’s singles.
- Sabalenka defeated Rybakina 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 to claim her maiden singles Grand Slam.
Czech pair wins Australian Open doubles for 7th major title:
- Katerina Siniakova and BarboraKrejcikova have extended their Grand Slam tournament winning streak to 24 matches with a 6-4, 6-3 win over Japan’s Shuko Aoyama and Ena Shibahara to win the Australian Open women’s doubles title.
- It was the seventh Grand Slam doubles title by the Czech pair, who broke their Japanese opponents’ serve in each of the first games of the sets.
- The Czech players won last year’s Australian Open, Wimbledon and U.S. Open doubles titles.
Novak Djokovic wins his 10th Australian Open title, equaling Rafael Nadal’s record 22 Grand Slam:
- In Tennis, Novak Djokovic beats StefanosTsitsipas 6-3 7-6 (7-4) 7-6 (7-5) to win his 10th Australian Open.
- Djokovic equals Rafael Nadal’s men’s record of 22 Grand Slam titles and the Serb will now be world number one in ranking. Tsitsipas is still waiting for first major title.
- Djokovic won his first Grand Slam in 2008 on Rod Laver Arena.
- His 22 major championships — which include seven from Wimbledon, three from the U.S. Open and two from the French Open — are tied with Rafael Nadal for the most by a man in the history of tennis.
- This was also the 93rd ATP tour-level title for Djokovic, allowing him to break a tie with Nadal for the fourth-most. Jimmy Connors holds that mark, at 109.
4. Germany won third Hockey World Cup title defeating which country at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar?
Answer: C) Belgium
- Germany won its third Hockey World Cup title after defeating Belgium in penalty shootouts 5-4 at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar.
- In a ceremony held on the eve of the FIH Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup 2023 Bhubaneswar-Rourkela final, FIH President TayyabIkram presented the FIH President’s Award to VK Pandian, Secretary to the Chief Minister of Odisha, for his outstanding contribution to hockey.
- Two-time champions Netherlands clinched the bronze medal at the ongoing FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup after defeating three-time champions Australia 3-1 in the third-place match at Bhubaneswar With this, the Netherlands has finished their World Cup campaign in third position while Australia has finished in fourth position.
List of the winners for the 2023 FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup awards:
Best Player- NiklasWellen
Best Goalkeeper- Vincent Vanasch
Best Junior Player- Mustapha Cassiem
Hero Top Scorer- Jeremy Hayward
Best Team Goal Celebration Award- Korea
Fan’s Choice Award- Christopher Ruhr
Fair Play Award- Belgium
Maximum Team Goals Award- Netherlands
Best Forward of the Tournament Award- NiklasWellen
Best Midfielder of the Tournament Award- Victor Wegnez
Best Defender of the Tournament Award- Jeremy Hayward
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs January 28&29
5. Naba Kishore Das passes away. He is the Health Minister of which state?
- In Odisha, the state health minister Naba Kishore Das has succumbed to his injuries while undergoing treatment in a private hospital in capital Bhubaneswar.
- Earlier, after being shot at his chest during a program in Brajarajnagar in Jharsuguda district, Mr Das was rushed to the hospital in Jharsuguda and subsequently airlifted to the Apollo hospital.
- According to reports, the culprit, a police ASI on duty, was nabbed soon after he allegedly shot at the minister at point blank range when he was alighting from his vehicle to attend a program.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs January 28&29
6. Delhi Metro has partnered with which payments bank to provide one more smart card top-up facility to commuters?
A) NSDL Payments Bank
B) FINO Payments Bank
C) Jio Payments Bank
D) Paytm Payments Bank
E) Airtel Payments Bank
Answer: E) Airtel Payments Bank
- Delhi Metro has partnered with Airtel Payments Bank to provide one more smart card top-up facility to commuters.
- This new initiative is focused on contributing to the government’s vision of Digital India and financial inclusion by taking digital transaction services to the doorstep of every Indian
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs January 28&29
7. NMDC signs up Champion Boxer NikhatZareen as its Brand Ambassador. What is the headquarters of NMDC?
- National miner and India’s largest producer of iron ore, NMDC, has signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) with World Boxing Champion and gold medal winner of Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games , NikhatZareen to represent NMDC as its brand ambassador.
- Epitomizing strength, a quality that is indispensable to NMDC, the company has chosen to be represented by someone who shares their commitment to bring honour to the country.
- NikhatZareen represents the strength, courage, agility and national pride that goes with the brand of the NMDC.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 28&29
8. CsabaKorosi arrived in India for a three-day visit. He is the president of which organisation?
- President of the 77th Session of the United Nations General Assembly, CsabaKorosi arrived in New Delhi on a three-day visit to India.
- This is his first bilateral visit to any country since he assumed UNGA Presidency in September last year.
- PGA will deliver a public address at the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) on his Presidency theme of “Solutions through Solidarity, Sustainability and Science in the UN”.
Minister of State MeenakshiLekhi to visit Greece from January 30:
- Minister of State for External Affairs MeenakashiLekhi will be on a two-day visit to Greece starting from January 30, according to an official press release from the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Prior to this Lekhi had concluded her latest four-nation official visit to the Latin America and Caribbean region with a bilateral visit to Bolivia on January 20.
- This was her first visit to the country and came nearly four years after a State Visit by the President of India to Bolivia in March 2019.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 28&29
9. The Jammu and Kashmir government has approved a project worth how much amount to promote niche crops as unique heritage of the Union Territory?
A) Rs 246 crore
B) Rs 346 crore
C) Rs 446 crore
D) Rs 546 crore
E) Rs 146 crore
Answer: E) Rs 146 crore
- The Jammu and Kashmir government has approved a project worth Rs 146 crore to promote niche crops as unique heritage of the Union Territory, which will be implemented in the next five years.
- The project aims at diversifying and expanding the area of niche crops over an area of 11,100 hectare, thus ensuring livelihood security for 1,11,000 targeted beneficiaries with a revenue realisation of Rs 2,238 crore.
- These crops are grown on 32,000 hectares, with a total annual production of 24,000 metric tonnes, making a substantial contribution of Rs 945 crore to the Union Territory’s GDP.
- Additionally, the project will take up creation of one mini spice park, two modern rice mills, and eleven grading and processing units in target clusters, which will be linked with available NABL laboratories and e-trading centres of UT.
- Promotion of niche crops is one of the 29 projects, which were approved by the Jammu and Kashmir administration after being recommended by the UT level apex committee for holistic development of agriculture and allied sectors in J&K.
J&K Lt Guv launches QR code-based labels of 13 GI, non-GI registered crafts:
- Jammu and Kashmir Lt Governor Manoj Sinha launched QR code-based labels of 13 GI and non-GI registered crafts here, terming the move as a landmark in preserving and promoting priceless artistic and cultural heritage of the Union Territory.
- This is an important landmark in preserving and promoting priceless artistic and cultural heritage of J&K UT. QR code-based mechanism would help in ensuring product quality, genuineness and boost global demand for J&K handmade products.
- the products for which the QR code-based labels were launched included Kashmir pashmina, Kashmir sozni, kani shawl, paper machie, khatamband, Kashmir walnut wood carving (GI-registered crafts), and namdah, crewel, chain-stitch, silverware, filigree, copperware and willow wicker (non-GI crafts).
- J&K has become the first region in the country to issue QR (Quick Response) based labels for all its crafts. The process of getting GI registration for 10 other crafts is under process.
10. A two-day inception meeting of the Startup-20, the new engagement group of G20 initiated by India, has begun in which place?
Answer: E) Hyderabad
- A two-day inception meeting of the Startup-20, the new engagement group of G20 initiated by India, has begun in Hyderabad.
- Union Tourism Minister G Kishan Reddy, G-20 Sherpa Amitabh Kant, Startup-20 Chair ChintanVaishnav, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, DIPTYCH secretary Anurag Jain, G-20 Secretariat JS Asish Sinha JS participated while about 180 delegates from G-20 member countries and nine special invitee countries besides stakeholders including Startups, investors and innovators attended the inaugural meeting.
- Startup-20 Engagement Group will work to harmonise the global startup ecosystem through consensus-based definitions and promote a global community of knowledge sharing among startup ecosystems to explore opportunities.
- Three meetings will be held in Sikkim, Bangalore and Andaman before the Summit to be held in Gurugram in July.
G20 presidency Troika meeting held under Chairpersonship of Ms. Arti Ahuja, Secretary, Labour & Employment:
- The Troika meeting under the G20 presidency between India, Brazil and Indonesia was held under the Chairpersonship of Ms. Arti Ahuja, Secretary, Labour & Employment through Video conferencing.
- The Troika is the format in which the G20 Presidency works, it comprises the country which is currently holding the Presidency, the country holding the Presidency earlier, and the country which will be the upcoming Presidency holder.
- This time India (current President), Indonesia (previous President), and Brazil (upcoming President) form the Troika.
11. Which Ministry launched the national logistics portal–marine (NLP-M), which is a single-window platform aimed at bringing all trade stakeholders together and reducing the cost of logistics through real-time mapping and provisioning?
- The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways launched the national logistics portal–marine (NLP-M), which is a single-window platform aimed at bringing all trade stakeholders together and reducing the cost of logistics through real-time mapping and provisioning.
- The platform aims to minimise regulatory complexities by centralising all necessary documentation, compliance certifications, and formal procedures necessary for the EXIM trade. The commerce ministry had also launched a similar single window portal for establishing businesses in 2021.
- The NLP-M is based on four core tenets — carrier, cargo, banking and finance, and regulatory bodies and Participating Government Agencies (PGAs). The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) said digitisation in trade can help eliminate many logistics obstacles.
- The portal will now replace the port community system (PCS) being used by ports for logistics mapping.
- NLP-M has been developed by PortallInfosystems, with Ernst & Young as the project management consulting firm.
12. India’s first glass igloo restaurant in Jammu and Kashmir’s which place?
Answer: A) Gulmarg
- A glass igloo restaurant in the middle of the snow-covered mountains in Gulmarg has become the centre of attraction for tourists in the hill station in Kashmir.
- This unique glass igloo restaurant is developed by Kolahoi Green Heights, a hotel in Gulmarg.
- The hotel claims it is the first glass igloo restaurant in the valley. It is worth noting that earlier they had built the valley’s first snow-covered restaurant.
13. Which company has signed a MoU with Rolls Royce Solutions of Germany for manufacture of high-quality marine diesel engines at the former’s plant in Ranchi?
A) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers
C) Marine Operating Company Private Limited
D) Kattupalli Shipyard
E) Hindustan Shipyard Limited
Answer: A) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers
- Defence PSU Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Ltd has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Rolls Royce Solutions of Germany for manufacture of high-quality marine diesel engines at the former’s plant in Ranchi, an official said.
- The Indian Navy’s Chief of Material Vice Admiral Sandeep Naithani was present at the signing of the MoU, he said.
- Under the agreement, GRSE and Rolls Royce Solutions will co-operate in the licence production and localisation of the technologically advanced MTU S4000 governmental marine engines.
- These engines, which are at present imported, are used for fast patrol vessels, interceptor boats and fast attack crafts built by GRSE and other shipyards in the country
14. The Sports Ministry has launched a mobile application for the athletes taking part in the upcoming Khelo India Youth Games 2023. It will take place on how many cities in Madhya Pradesh?
- The Sports Ministry has launched a mobile application for the athletes taking part in the upcoming Khelo India Youth Games.
- The Games will be held in Bhopal from January 30 to February 11.
- A total of six thousand athletes are set for competition that will take place in eight cities of Madhya Pradesh – Bhopal, Indore, Ujjain, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Mandla, Khargone, Balaghat and in New Delhi.
- The Khelo India Youth Games will feature a total of 27 disciplines, with water sports being included for the first time in the history of the games.
15. Uttar Pradesh cabinet approves scheme named Uttar Pradesh Millets Revival Programme to encourage cultivation, processing of millets. the state government will pay _______?
A) ₹136.26 crore
B) ₹146.26 crore
C) ₹156.26 crore
D) ₹166.26 crore
E) ₹186.26 crore
Answer: E) ₹186.26 crore
- An official statement claimed that, the Uttar Pradesh cabinet approved a plan to promote the production, processing, and consumption of millets in the state.
- According to the statement, the cabinet approved the “Uttar Pradesh Millets Revival Programme” (UPMRP).
- The statement asserted that the state government will pay ₹186.26 crore for the operation of the UPMRP from 2022–23 (1 January, 2023) to 2026–27.
- All 75 of the state’s districts will participate in the implementation of this initiative.
- Farmers will receive a mini-kit of millet seeds for free every year for four years, starting in 2023–2024
16. The iconic ‘Mughal Gardens’ in RashtrapatiBhavan has been renamed as ______?
Answer: E) AmritUdyan
- The iconic ‘Mughal Gardens’ in RashtrapatiBhavan has been renamed as ‘AmritUdyan’, the President House announced.
- Spreading over 15 acres, the lawns boast of more than 150 rose varieties besides several seasonal and winter flowering plants including tulips, Asiatic lilies, daffodils, and hyacinth. This year, visitors will see specially cultivated tulips of 12 unique varieties, which are expected to bloom in phases.
- Edwin Lutyens, the architect of New Delhi, designed the Mughal Gardens and William R Mostoe, who was the coadjutor and son of a professional gardener developed it.
- The design was inspired by Char Bagh pattern, the four-part garden laid out with axial paths that intersect at the centre, introduced to India by the Mughals. Hence, it was being called Mughal Gardens though it was never officially named so, said individuals aware of the matter.
- Sir Edwin Lutyens submitted the scheme of a formal garden for the Viceroy’s House in 1918 and from the beginning.
- President DroupadiMurmu will grace the opening of the gardens of RashtrapatiBhavan – UdyanUtsav 2023. The gardens will open for the general public on January 31 2023 and will remain open till March 26 except on Mondays.
17. The Ministry of Education, Government of India has released All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2020-2021. The Ministry has been conducting All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) since which year?
Answer: E) 2011
- The Ministry of Education, Government of India has released All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2020-2021.
- The Ministry has been conducting All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) since 2011, covering all higher educational institutions located in Indian Territory and imparting higher education in the country.
- The survey collects detailed information on different parameters such as student enrollment, teacher’s data, infrastructural information, financial information etc.
- For the first time, in AISHE 2020-21, HEIs have filled data using entirely online data collection platform through the Web Data Capture Format (DCF) developed by Department of Higher Education through the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- Enrollment in higher education increases to 4.14 crore, crossing the 4 crore mark for first time; increase of 7.5% from 2019-20 and 21% from 2014-15
- Female enrollment reaches 2 crore mark, increase of 13 Lakh from 2019-20
Significant increase of 28% in enrolment of SC students and 38% in enrolment of Female SC Students in 2020-21, compared to 2014-15.
- Substantial increase of 47% in enrolment of ST students and 63.4% increase in the enrolment of Female ST Students in 2020-21, compared to 2014-15.
- Significant increase of 32% in OBC Student enrolment and 39% in Female OBC Students, since 2014-15.
- Notable increase of 29% in Student Enrolment and 34% in Female Student Enrolment in the North Eastern Region in 2020-21 since 2014-15.
- Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) has improved from previous year for all social groups
Enrollment in Distance Education has increased by 7% in 2020-21 from 2019-20
Number of Universities has increased by 70, number of Colleges has increased by 1,453, in 2020-21 over 2019-20
- Gender Parity Index (GPI) has increased from 1 in 2017-18 to 1.05 in 2020-21
Total number of faculty/teachers increases by 47,914 from 2019-20
Over All Review
Banking and Finance