Daily Current Affairs January 27
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs January 27. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 27| Daily Current Affairs 2023
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs January 27
1. International Holocaust Remembrance Day is observed on which date?
Answer: C) January 27
- The United Nations designated January 27 as the International Holocaust Remembrance Day in honour of six million Jews killed in the Holocaust and millions of other Nazism victims under the Hitler regime between 1933 and 1945.
- The Holocaust, also called as the Shoah, was Hitler’s “Final Solution” for eliminating Jews within Germany’s grasp. By the end of the heinous act, around two-thirds of Europe’s Jewish population had been killed, according to Holocaust encyclopedia
- The UN General Assembly in its 42nd plenary session adopted the 60/7 resolution and declared January 27 as International Holocaust Remembrance Day on November 1, 2005.
- The theme of this year’s Holocaust remembrance and education is “Home and Belonging”.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs January 27
2. Which life insurance Policyholders Can Now Pay Premiums with NPCI’s UPI 123PAY?
A)Pramerica Life Insurance
B) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
C) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
D) HDFC Life Insurance
E) Max Life Insurance
Answer: D) HDFC Life Insurance
- HDFC Life has announced that it has collaborated with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to offer a first – UPI 123PAY.
- UPI 123PAY is a payment facility through a pre-defined IVR (Interactive Voice Response).
- This platform will enable customers to make financial transactions with or without an internet connection. Customers can avail this service in various regional languages such as Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Kannada, Tamil, etc.
- A voice based payment feature, UPI 123PAY was developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and launched by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to increase the digital penetration of financial services.
- UPI 123PAY enables smart phone and feature phone users to digitally undertake a host of transactions based on four approaches, including voice payment based via IVR number, proximity sound-based payments, missed call-based payment approach, app based scan and pay on feature phone.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs January 27
3. Who has been nominated by US president Joe Biden for the post of Air Force brigadier general, the US State Department?
A) Varun Chari
B) Ravi Chari
C) Ragu Chari
D) Raja Chari
E) Renuka Chari
Answer: D) Raja Chari
- Indian-American astronaut Raja Chari has been nominated by US president Joe Biden for the post of Air Force brigadier general, the US State Department said.
- Air Force Col. Raja J Chari for appointment to the grade of brigadier general. Chari is currently serving as the Crew-3 commander and astronaut, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Johnson Space Center, Texas.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs January 27
4. Who was awarded the coveted Dr Ambedkar Award for Contribution to India?
A) Sanjay Krishnan
B) Sunil Krishnan
C) Varun Krishnan
D) Karthick Krishnan
E) Nagaraj Krishnan
Answer: B) Sunil Krishnan
- Global Entrepreneur Sunil Krishnan was awarded the coveted Dr Ambedkar Award for Contribution to India at the hands of Governor Bhagat Singh Koshiyari.
- The recent recipient of the prestigious Dr BabasahebAmbedkar Award for Contribution to India — for Spreading Indian Cuisine Globally WithMoksh, Sunil Krishnan is one of the most revered entrepreneurs and restauranteurs in South Africa, known for his tantalising cuisine that appeals to global taste buds.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs January 27
5. The Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bengaluru handed over the primary payload of the country’s first mission named ________ to sun to ISRO for integration with the other payloads on board the satellite?
Answer: E) Aditya-L1
- The Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bengaluru handed over the primary payload of the country’s first mission to sun to the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for integration with the other payloads on board the satellite.
- Called Aditya-L1, the mission to observe the sun from a vantagepoint 1.5 million kilometres from the earth, is likely to be launched by June or July this year after being delayed repeatedly through the pandemic.
- The satellite will be carried by India’s trusted rocket Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, said ISRO chairperson S Somanath at a ceremony where he was given a 3D model of the payload.
- The payload handed over called ‘Visible Emission Line Coronograph’ (VELC) will be the main payload among seven designed to study various aspects of the sun like its atmosphere, solar wind acceleration and the origin of coronal mass ejection.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs January 27
6. India flight-tested a hypersonic technology demonstration vehicle (HSTDV) from the Abdul Kalam Island off which state?
- India flIndia flight-tested a hypersonic technology demonstration vehicle (HSTDV) from the Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast paving way for development of hypersonic cruise missiles.
- Developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the hypersonic air-breathing scramjet technology was put to test for the second time in the last three years.
- Mounted on a solid rocket motor, the cruise vehicle was tested to achieve the desired flight path at a velocity of six times the speed of sound (nearly 02 km/second) apart from the separation mechanism at hypersonic velocities.
- During the first test on June 12, 2019, the cruise vehicle was mounted on an Agni-I solid rocket motor, which took it to an altitude of 30 km, where the aerodynamic heat shields were separated at hypersonic Mach number.
- ight-tested a hypersonic technology demonstration vehicle (HSTDV) from the Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast paving way for development of hypersonic cruise missiles.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 27
7. The inaugural edition of the 16-day bilateral air exercise between the Indian Air Force and the Japan Air Self-Defence Force has concluded in Japan. What is the name of the exercise?
A) Veer Suvendar 2023
B) Veer Guardian 2023
C) Veer Tharan 2023
D) Veer Puraskar 2023
E) Veer Kishore 2023
Answer: B) Veer Guardian 2023
- The inaugural edition of the 16-day bilateral air exercise between the Indian Air Force and the Japan Air Self-Defence Force has concluded in Japan.
- The exercise, ‘Veer Guardian 2023’, involved precise planning and skilful execution by both the air forces.
- It said the JASDF participated in the exercise with its F-2 and F-15 aircraft, while the IAF contingent participated with the Su-30 MKI aircraft. The IAF fighter contingent was complemented by one IL-78 flight refuelling aircraft and two C-17 Globemaster strategic airlift transport aircraft.
8. India and which country sign MoU on cultural cooperation?
- To strengthen the cultural ties with the Arab Republic of Egypt, Ministry of Culture signed Memorandum of Understanding on cultural cooperation between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Shri G. Kishan Reddy, Culture Minister of Republic of India participated in the delegation-level talks headed by Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi, and President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi of the Arab Republic of Egypt on the occasion of the celebration of India’s 74th Republic Day.
- The Memorandum of Understanding was signed and exchanged on 25.01.2023 by Shri G. Kishan Reddy, Culture Minister of Republic of India, and Shri Sameh Hassan Shoukry, Foreign Minister of the Arab Republic of Egypt in the presence of Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi and President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- For continued Cultural cooperation, the MoU for a period of five years (05) has been signed. Under the aegis of MoU on Cultural Cooperation signed between India and Egypt, both countries look forward to witnessing a host of cultural activities happening in due course in the realm of Music, Dance, Theatre, Literature, Library, Organising Festivals in respective countries and Research and Documentation etc.
9. Which country Elected as Vice-chair at the 12th session of Intergovernmental Technical Working Group?
- In the recently concluded 12th Session of the Intergovernmental Technical Working Group (ITWG) on Animal Genetic Resources (AnGR) at Rome during 18 -20 January 2023, India was elected as Vice-chair and represented Asia & Pacific region.
- Dr B N Tripathi, Deputy Director General (Animal Sciences), ICAR, and the National Coordinator, Vice-chaired the Session and also act as Rapporteur.
- The Working Group was established by the FAO’s Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (CGRFA), functions to review technical issues; advise and make recommendations to the Commission and further implement the Commission’s programme related to AnGR at the global level.
- Earlier to the ITWG Session, the Global National Coordinators’ Workshop was held at FAO Head Quarter, from 16-17th January 2023.
10. Which country has announced a new federal investment to build and commercialise the world’s first photonic-based, fault-tolerant quantum computer?
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has announced a new federal investment to build and commercialise the world’s first photonic-based, fault-tolerant quantum computer.
- According to a news release from the Prime Minster’s website, the investment of 40 million Canadian dollars ($32 million) will enable Xanadu Quantum Technologies Inc.,
- Supported through the government’s Strategic Innovation Fund, this project of 177.8 million Canadian dollars ($142 million) is expected to create 530 new highly skilled positions in the high-tech and quantum computing fields.
- Earlier this month, Canada launched its National Quantum Strategy, which invests an additional 360 million Canadian dollars ($288 million) to help solidify Canada as a global leader in quantum technologies.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 27
11. The Centre has notified how many grievances appellate committees that will address users’ complaints against social media and other internet-based platforms?
- The Centre has notified three grievances appellate committees that will address users’ complaints against social media and other internet-based platforms.
- According to the notification, each of the three GACs (grievances appellate committees) will have a chairperson, two whole-time members from different government entities and retired senior executives from the industry for a term of three years from the date of assumption of office.
- The first panel will be chaired by the chief executive officer of the Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Retired Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Ashutosh Shukla and Punjab National Bank’s (PNB) former chief general manager and chief information officer Sunil Soni have been appointed as the whole-time members of the panel.
- The second panel will be chaired by the joint secretary in charge of the Policy and Administration Division in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Indian Navy’s retired Commodore Sunil Kumar Gupta and Kavindra Sharma, former vice-president (consulting), L and T Infotech, have been appointed as the whole-time members of this panel.
- The third panel will be chaired by Kavita Bhatia, a senior scientist at the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Former traffic service officer of the Indian Railways Sanjay Goel and former managing director and chief executive officer of IDBI Intech KrishnagiriRagothamarao have been appointed as the whole-time members of the third panel.
12. Which edition of BRICS summit is all set to take place in South Africa’s Durban in late August 2023?
- The 15th BRICS summit is all set to take place in South Africa’s Durban in late August this year.
- The foreign ministers of Brazil, Russia, India, and China met for the first time on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly in 2006, kicking off BRIC cooperation.
- Later in April 2011, South Africa participated, for the first time, in the 3rd BRICS Summit held in Sanya, China.
- Since 2009, the BRICS leaders have convened 14 formal meetings and 9 informal meetings.
- Earlier in 2013, the fifth annual BRICS summit was held in Durban, South Africa. It was attended by the head of state or heads of government of the five member states Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- In June 2009, the BRIC leaders held their first meeting in Russia, upgrading BRIC cooperation to Summit level.
- The BRIC leaders met for the first time in Russia in June 2009, elevating BRIC cooperation to Summit status
13. Which state has launched an initiative ‘Mo Mobile, Mo Market’ to facilitate products of women-led farmers producers organisations (FPOs) on the digital platform?
- ORMAS has launched an initiative ‘Mo Mobile, Mo Market’ to facilitate products of women-led farmers producers organisations (FPOs) on the digital platform.
- The products of women led FPOs will be available in the Market Mirchi platform developed by CTARA, IIT Bombay to facilitate the rural farmers especially women to sell their agriculture and horticulture products directly to potential buyers across the country at a favourable price.
- The Market Mirchi platform will help the FPOs promote the products which will ease in achieving the business turnover as per the business plan for creating a sustainable channel for overall growth of the women farmers.
14. ‘Athidhi’ app for migrant workers in which state goes live in April?
- The government’s ‘Athidhi’ mobile app, which will link migrant workers in the state and provide each with a unique identification number, is being readied for launch in April.
- Proposed by Finance Minister K N Balagopal in the last Budget, the app is being developed by the Comprehensive Health Insurance Agency of Kerala (CHIAK), a nodal agency under the ministry of labour.
- The government has allotted `40 lakh for the app. A 2021 State Planning Board study found that there are 31 lakh migrant workers in Kerala, with the majority working in building and construction. The government hopes to bring all of them under ‘Athidhi’.
- For instance, the ‘Aawaz’ card, a health insurance scheme to provide free medical treatment worth Rs. 15,000 a year and insurance coverage of Rs. 2 lakh for accidental deaths, was introduced in 2018.
- Furthermore, last July, the Migrant Workers’ Welfare Board launched the ‘Guest’ app for the registration of migrant workers. The app was developed by the Building and Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Fund Board. But only around 1.5 lakh migrant workers across the state have registered on the mobile app.
15. SAMEER, India’s premier R&D institute under which ministry, has signed a pact with Siemens Healthineers to contribute towards the development of technologies for advancing healthcare and diagnostic access in the country?
- SAMEER, India’s premier R&D institute under the IT Ministry, has signed a pact with Siemens Healthineers to contribute towards the development of technologies for advancing healthcare and diagnostic access in the country, according to an official statement.
- Minister of State for Electronics and IT Rajeev Chandrasekhar, who was present on the occasion of the signing of the memorandum of understanding, noted that it will make available low-cost MRIs as part of the Prime Minister’s vision of providing quality and affordable healthcare and diagnostic access for every Indian.
- Digital India Programme launched by the Prime Minister in 2015 has paved way for the nation to move from being a consumer of technology to a producer of technology, devices and products.
16. Who virtually inaugurated the National Summit on Quality of Biologicals?
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, virtually inaugurated the National Summit on Quality of Biologicals.
- Dr Bharati Pravin Pawar, Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare and Dr V K Paul, Member (Health), NITI Aayog, also addressed the summit through video message.
17. INTERPOL Secretary General Jurgen Stock virtually addresses which edition of INTERPOL Young Global Police Leaders Programme?
- INTERPOL Secretary General Jurgen Stock virtually addressed the 3rd INTERPOL Young Global Police Leaders Programme (YGPLP) being held in New Delhi.
- The event which is being organised by the Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI) began on the 25th of January and will conclude on the 2nd of February.
- As many as 59 participants from 44 countries are taking part in the programme.
18. Which organisation launched a massive outreach programme in all the districts through a revamped ‘Nidhi AapkeNikat’ programme for expanding its presence across the country?
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, EPFO, launched a massive outreach programme in all the districts through a revamped ‘Nidhi AapkeNikat’ programme for expanding its presence across the country.
- The aim of this programme is to reach all the districts on 27th of every month and strengthen the relationship between the organization and its stakeholders. In this direction, EPFO organized camps in 685 districts.
- The programme was e-launched by Labour and Employment Secretary Arti Ahuja from the EPFO Headquarters, in the presence of Central Provident Fund Commissioner and other officials.
- The event was attended online by more than 850 participants, including members of Parliament, members of Legislative Assemblies, CBT Members, Regional Committee members, District Collectors, officials from state and district administration, representatives from industrial bodies and officers from the field offices.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Science and Technology