Daily Current Affairs January 30
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs January 30. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 30| Daily Current Affairs 2023
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs January 30
1. National Cleanliness Day is observed on which date?
A) January 31
B) January 30
C) January 29
D) January 28
E) January 27
Answer: B) January 30
- National Cleanliness Day in India is celebrated every year on January 30 with the aim of promoting cleanliness and sanitation as a way of life.
- The significance of this day lies in its ability to raise awareness about the importance of maintaining cleanliness and the role of each individual in keeping the environment clean.
- The history of National Cleanliness Day dates back to 2014, when the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modilaunched the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, a nationwide cleanliness campaign aimed at transforming India into a clean and hygienic nation. The campaign focuses on creating awareness about the importance of cleanliness and hygiene and encouraging citizens to take responsibility for keeping their surroundings clean.
- The theme for National Cleanliness Day 2023 is “Swachh Bharat: Swasth Bharat.”
World Neglected Tropical Diseases Day:
- World Neglected Tropical Diseases Day (World NTD Day) is a global healthcare event celebrated on 30th January every year since 2021 with the goal of celebrating achievements made toward control of the World Neglected Tropical Diseases and encouraging everyone to join the growing movement in eradicating and eliminating Neglected Tropical Diseases.
- This year 2023, World NTD (Neglected Tropical Diseases) Day theme is “Act Now. Act Together. Invest in Neglected Tropical Diseases”.
World Leprosy Day:
- World Leprosy Day (WLD) is a global healthcare event to raise awareness of leprosy, which has been recognised on the last Sunday of every January for the past 69 years.
- This year, World Leprosy Day 2023 is observed on 29 January.
- In India, leprosy awareness event is recognised as “Anti-Leprosy Day” which is celebrated on 30 January, , on the occasion of Martyr’s Day (Shaheed Diwas) because Mahatma Gandhi was committed deeply to the cause of Leprosy (Hansen’s disease).
- This year 2023, World Leprosy Day theme is “Act Now. End Leprosy.”
Sports – Daily Current Affairs January 30
2. Jonatan Christie won Indonesia Masters Badminton in Jakarta. He is related to which country?
- Badminton world number three and home hero Jonatan Christie secured his first Indonesia Masters title, as South Korean star An Se-young roared back to win her second women’s championship in Jakarta.
- Christie calmly dispatched unseeded compatriot Chico Aura Dwi Wardoyo 21-15, 21-13 in the 44-minute final in front of a roaring hometown crowd.
- In the women’s singles final, world number two An Se-young made a stunning comeback to beat Spain’s three-time world champion Carolina Marin 18-21, 21-18, 21-13.
- She last won the Indonesia Masters in 2021, held on the resort island of Bali in a bio-secure bubble because of the pandemic.
- Earlier this month, An also won the India Open title but could only finish runner-up in the Malaysia Open.
3. _______ joins Khelo India as powered by sponsor to empower India’s next sports icons?
A) Sports For All
B) Reliance Industries Ltd
D) Indian Oil Corporation
E) Tata Consultancy Services
Answer: A) Sports For All
- Sports For All (SFA), India’s largest multi-sport tech driven competition organisers, will bolster Khelo India Youth Games (KIYG) mission by reviving the sports culture at the grass-root level as it joins the sporting revolution as a powered by sponsor for the next five years.
- SFA is focused on developing youth sports in the country, bolstering India’s dream of winning more Olympic medals.
- Through this strategic partnership, SFA will invest ₹12.5 crores over the next five years to contribute in developing India’s sporting DNA.
- Khelo India is a monumental programme introduced by the government to build a strong framework for all sports played at the grassroots in India and establish the country as a sporting superpower. To accomplish the mission, the program has been divided into twelve different verticals which include developing state level Khelo India centres, talent identification and development, sports for women, promotion of sports amongst people with disabilities and much more.
4. Prajnesh Gunneswaran beat Khumoyun Sultanov of which country in the final of the $25,000 ITF men’s tennis tournament in Al Zahra, Kuwait?
Answer: E) Uzbekistan
- Prajnesh Gunneswaran beat Khumoyun Sultanov of Uzbekistan 6-2, 7-6(5) in the final of the $25,000 ITF men’s tennis tournament in Al Zahra, Kuwait.
- It was the 11th title in the professional circuit for Prajnesh, who was ranked a career-high 75th in 2019.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs January 30
5. Which instituted is topped in the ranking of the Top Management and Business School 2023 released by Indian Institutional Ranking Framework?
A) Indian Institute of Management, (IIM) Ahmedabad
B) Indian Institute of Management, (IIM) Kolkata
C) Indian Institute of Management, (IIM) Bengaluru
D) Indian Institute of Management, (IIM) Lucknow
E) Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi
Answer: A) Indian Institute of Management, (IIM) Ahmedabad
- Indian Institutional Ranking Framework released the Top Management and Business School 2023. This year, IIM Lucknow has jumped one place and has secured fourth rank.
- IIM Ahmedabad has taken over the first position followed by IIM Bengaluru and IIM Kolkata in second and third position respectively.
- The top three position has been attained by the public institutions while among the private institutions Mittal School of Business of Lovely Professional University (LPU), Jalandhar have gone up from 84 position last year to 41 in 2023 while MYRA School of Business, Mysuru went up by 60 ranks and getting placed at 30 in 2023.
Top 5 Business School in India – Government:
|1||Indian Institute of Management, (IIM) Ahmedabad|
|2||Indian Institute of Management, (IIM) Bengaluru|
|3||Indian Institute of Management, (IIM) Kolkata|
|4||Indian Institute of Management, (IIM) Lucknow|
|5||Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi|
Top 5 Business School in India – Private:
|1||Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur|
|2||Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon|
|3||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune|
|4||S P Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai|
|5||Symbiosis Centre For Management & Human Resource Development (SCMHRD), Pune|
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs January 30
6. Canada’s CPPIB invests _______ in Indian co IndoSpace’s new fund?
A) $105 million
B) $305 million
C) $405 million
D) $505 million
E) $205 million
Answer: E) $205 million
- Indian warehouse and parks developer IndoSpace said the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) will invest $205 million in the company’s new real estate fund.
- The investment from Canada’s biggest pension fund is part of IndoSpace’s new fund targeting $600 million in equity commitments.
- CPPIB’s latest investment in the Indian property developer will take its partnership with the company to over $1 billion in assets, IndoSpace said in a statement.
- IndoSpace is a joint venture between the Everstone Group, a Southeast Asia-focussed private equity, and U.S.-based investors GLP and Realterm.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs January 30
7. Who is appointed as the new Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI)?
A) Dr Raj Singh Raghuvanshi
B) Dr Vishnu Singh Raghuvanshi
C) Dr Rajeev Singh Raghuvanshi
D) Dr Sakthi Singh Raghuvanshi
E) Dr Siva Singh Raghuvanshi
Answer: C) Dr Rajeev Singh Raghuvanshi
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has recommended the name of Dr Rajeev Singh Raghuvanshi as the new Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI).
- Earlier on November 11 last year, Dr V G Somani’s term as DCGI which came into effect on Nov 16, 2022, was extended for three months. This was done the second time, as he had also got an extension in the month of August 2022.
- Dr Kiran Kumar Karlapu, Deputy Secretary, Department of Health and Family Welfare issued the circular regarding the extension of DCGI for a further period of three months.
- Dr V G Somani was appointed as the Drugs Controller General of India in the month of August 2019.
- DCGI heads the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) which is responsible to ensure quality drug supply across the country. It also has the authority to give approval to new drugs and regulate clinical trials.
8. Who has been appointed as the new Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force?
A) Air Marshal A P Thiru
B) Air Marshal A P Prabhu
C) Air Marshal A P Singh
D) Air Marshal A P Krishna
E) Air Marshal A P Pandu
Answer: C) Air Marshal A P Singh
- Air Marshal A P Singh has been appointed as the new Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force.
- He will succeed Air Marshal Sandeep Singh, who will retire from service.
- Air Marshal A P Singh is currently serving as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Central Air Command.
- He was commissioned into the fighter stream of the IAF on December 21, 1984.
- Air Marshal A P Singh is an alumnus of National Defence Academy, Defence Services Staff College and National Defence College.
- He also led the MiG 29 Upgrade Project Management Team in Moscow, Russia. He was the Project Director (Flight Test) at National Flight Test Centre looking after the flight testing of Light Combat Aircraft Tejas and Air Defence Commander at the South Western Air Command.
- Prior to taking over as Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Central Air Command, he was Senior Air Staff Officer at the Eastern Air Command.
9. Petr Pavel has been elected president of which country?
B) Czech Republic
Answer: B) Czech Republic
- Retired Nato commander Petr Pavel has been elected president of the Czech Republic, winning voters over with a promise of full commitment to Nato and a vow to “restore integrity” to the presidency.
- In the second round of voting Pavel comfortably beat former prime minister Andrej Babiš, who had the backing of incumbent president Miloš Zeman.
The Czech Republic:
President: Petr Pavel
Currency: Czech koruna
Awards – Daily Current Affairs January 30
10. Which state/UT tableau has been selected as the best state tableau among 17 States and Union Territories which participated in the Republic Day parade at Kartavya Path in New Delhi?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Uttarakhand
- The best marching contingents and tableaux of Republic Day Parade 2023 have been announced. Separate results – one by a panel of judges and other through an online public vote conducted by MyGov – have been declared.
- Three panels of judges were appointed for assessing the performance of Marching Contingents from three Services, Marching Contingents from Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)/other auxiliary forces and tableaux from various States/Union Territories and Ministries/Departments. On the basis of the assessment of the panels, the results are as under:
- Best Marching Contingent among the three services – Punjab Regiment Centre Contingent
- Best Marching Contingent among CAPF/other auxiliary forces – Crpf Marching Contingent
- Best three Tableaux (States/UTs)
First – Uttarakhand (Manaskhand)
Second – Maharashtra (Sade Tin Shaktipithe & Nari Shakti)
Third – Uttar Pradesh (Ayodhya Deepotsav)
- Best Tableau (Ministries/Departments) – Ministry of Tribal Affairs (Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRSs))
- Special Prize
Central Public Works Department (Biodiversity Conservation)
‘Vande Bharatam’ Dance Group
- In addition to the panel of judges, a web page was created on MyGov platform for online registration of citizens for watching the Republic Day Parade and Beating the Retreat Ceremony 2023 online. An online poll was conducted by MyGov for the citizens to vote for their favourite Tableaux from States/UTs and Ministries/Departments as also amongst the Marching contingents to select the best amongst popular choice category.
- The online poll for the popular choice was conducted between January 25-28, 2023 on MyGov web page. The results are:
- Best Marching Contingent among the three services – INDIAN AIR FORCE MARCHING CONTINGENT
- Best Marching Contingent among CAPF/other auxiliary forces – CRPF MARCHING CONTINGENT
- Best three Tableaux (States/UTs):
First – Gujarat (Clean-Green energy efficient Gujarat)
Second – Uttar Pradesh (Ayodhya Deepotsava)
Third – Maharashtra (Sade tin Shaktipeeth and Nari Shakti)
- Best Tableau (Central Ministries/Departments) – CAPF (Ministry of Home Affairs)
11. Who bags inaugural Shane Warne Men’s Test Player of the Year award?
A) Mark Taylor
B) Mark Waugh
C) Dean Jones
D) Charles Bannerman
E) Usman Khawaja
Answer: E) Usman Khawaja
- Australia opening batter Usman Khawaja capped his second comeback as a Test opener by claiming the inaugural Shane Warne Award as the men’s Test player of the year.
- Named in honour of the legendary leg-spinner Shane Warne, who passed away last March, Khawaja polled 22 votes to win ahead of Marnus Labuschagne (20) and Steve Smith (16).
- Khawaja has been Australia’s top run-scorer in the five-day format since rejoining the Test team in January of last year, with 1020 runs at 78.46 during the voting period. In the Test against South Africa at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), he finished the voting session with an undefeated 195; this was his third straight Test century there.
- Along with his Australian teammates Pat Cummins, Nathan Lyon, and Marnus Labuschagne, Khawaja was selected for the ICC Test Team of the Year. Meanwhile, Veteran opener David Warner was named Men’s ODI Player of the Year. Warner beat his teammate Steve Smith to win the Men’s ODI Player of the Year award, who were locked on 25 votes for this tightly-contested award, with that pair one vote ahead of Travis Head.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs January 30
12. The Indian Air Force has kick-started a mega exercise covering the Northeastern region. What is the name of that exercise?
A) ‘Poorvi Surat’
B) ‘Poorvi Shakti’
C) ‘Poorvi Aakash’
D) ‘Poorvi Varuna’
E) ‘Poorvi Pravi’
AnsweR: C) ‘Poorvi Aakash’
- The Indian Air Force has kick-started a mega exercise covering the Northeastern region to check its combat readiness amid a fresh spike in tension with China along the Line of Actual Control in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The IAF’s frontline fighter jets including the Rafale and Su-30MKI aircraft, and other assets deployed in the region are engaged in the exercise named ‘Poorvi Aakash’.
- The Shillong-headquartered Eastern Air Command is carrying out the exercise.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 30
13. Which country will be the partner country for Telangana’s flagship pharma – biotech event, BioAsia 2023?
AnsweR: A) UK
- The United Kingdom will be the partner country for Telangana’s flagship pharma – biotech event, BioAsia 2023. This was announced by Jayesh Ranjan, Principal Secretary, Industries, Commerce and Information Technology, Government of Telangana.
- With the theme of – “Advancing for ONE: Shaping the next generation of humanized healthcare”, BioAsia is all set to be held between 24 -26 February 2023 in Hyderabad.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 30
14. Mughal Garden in Delhi University’s North Campus has been renamed as _________?
A) Mahatma Gandhi Centenary’ Garden
B) ‘Bharathiyar Centenary’ Garden
C) ‘King Akbar Centenary’ Garden
D) ‘Vishnu Centenary’ Garden
E) ‘Gautam Buddha Centenary’ Garden
Answer: E) ‘Gautam Buddha Centenary’ Garden
- Mughal Garden in Delhi University’s North Campus has been renamed as ‘Gautam Buddha Centenary’ Garden, an official said.
- The garden does not have a Mughal design, was the rationale given by the university behind the rechristening, which was done on January 27.
- The Rashtrapati Bhavan too had changed the name of its famed Mughal Gardens to ‘Amrit Udyan.’
- The Gautam Buddha statue has been standing in the garden for at least 15 years.
- The garden was neither built by the Mughals nor has it a Mughal garden design.
- A typical Mughal garden — based on Persian architectural design — features canals and pools along the axes, as well as fountains and waterfalls, and over time also came to incorporate such features as terraces, and water channels lined with concrete or blue tiles.
15. Which edition of the World Spice Congress (WSC) was scheduled to be held during February in Navi Mumbai has been rescheduled to September 15-17?
AnsweR: E) 14th
- The 14th edition of the World Spice Congress (WSC) which was scheduled to be held during February in Navi Mumbai has been rescheduled to September 15-17.
- The WSC is organised by the Spices Board with the active participation of spice trade associations like the Indian Spice & Foodstuff Exporters’ Association, Mumbai; Indian Pepper and Spice Trade Association, Kochi; Indian Chamber of Commerce, Kolkata; and the Federation of Indian Spice Stakeholders, Unjha, Gujarat.
16. The first International Financial Structure Working Group meeting under the G-20 Indian Presidency was inaugurated in which place by Narendra Singh Tomar and Pashupati Kumar Paras?
Answer: E) Chandigarh
- The first International Financial Structure Working Group meeting under the G-20 Indian Presidency was inaugurated in Chandigarh by Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar and Food Processing Industries Minister Pashupati Kumar Paras.
- On this occasion, the Union Agriculture Minister said, India is developing rapidly due to science and innovation, as both are closely related to the future of India.
- The theme of India’s G-20 chairmanship, “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” or ‘One Earth, One Family, One Future’, underlines the message of equitable development and a shared future for all.
- India’s endeavour will be to facilitate constructive dialogue, share knowledge and work together towards the collective aspiration for a secure, peaceful and prosperous world.
India’s G-20 Sherpa Mr Amitabh Kant inaugurates India’s first Model G-20 Summit organised by Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini’s Indian Institute of Democratic Leadership:
- India’s G-20 Sherpa Mr Amitabh Kant inaugurated India’s first Model G-20 Summit organised by Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini’s Indian Institute of Democratic Leadership.
- The two-day Model G-20 Summit starting today has been organised at the Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini’s Uttan campus near Mumbai to celebrate India’s presidency and take the idea of G-20 to the youth.
- Dr Vinay Sahasrabuddhe, President of ICCR and Vice Chairman of Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini chaired the inaugural ceremony.
- A total of 150 youngsters from across the country will participate in this two-day programme and get into the roles of delegates representing the G-20 countries.
- The best two delegates will be awarded a cash prize of 15,000 and 10,000 rupees.
- Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini, the parent organisation of IIDL is also the Secretariat of the G-20 Civil Society engagement group – Civil-20.
17. Which state approved a state floriculture mission with an initial investment of Rs 150 crore, covering 20,000 farmers?
- The Assam Cabinet approved a state floriculture mission with an initial investment of Rs 150 crore, covering 20,000 farmers.
- Several other important decisions were taken at the cabinet meeting, including setting up of an additional CM secretariat at Dibrugarh, a new Raj Bhavan at Tezpur and converting employment exchanges into youth welfare offices.
- Under it, the area of flower cultivation will be expanded from 2,200 hectares to 3,288 hectares within three years.
- He also announced a slew of projects and schemes worth around Rs 1,500-2,000 crore for Dibrugarh district.
18. Which state/UT launched a website, www.raasman.com, which provides real-time data on the sources of air pollution in the city?
- Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched a website, www.raasman.com, which provides real-time data on the sources of air pollution in the city and is expected to help the Delhi government frame effective policies to curb it.
- The website reflects data collected and processed by two laboratories — a ‘super site’ and a mobile laboratory. The laboratories were used for the “real-time source apportionment study”, under which data on Delhi’s air were collected over many months and a model (software) created, which shows the sources of air pollution by using air from the surroundings as input.
- The study is being conducted by various institutes, including IIT Kanpur, IIT Delhi and The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), at a cost of around ₹12 crore for the Delhi Pollution Control Committee.
19. The West Bengal Cabinet on Monday gave its nod to a scholarship scheme meant for OBC students, which entails an annual academic grant of _____?
A) Rs 400
B) Rs 300
C) Rs 600
D) Rs 500
E) Rs 800
Answer: E) Rs 800
- The West Bengal Cabinet gave its nod to a scholarship scheme meant for OBC students, which entails an annual academic grant of Rs 800.
- The ‘Medhashree’ scheme was launched by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee earlier this month, who had criticised the BJP-led central government’s move to discontinue scholarships for students of backward castes and minority communities.
- The cabinet also gave its approval to trifurcate the Mohammad Bazar Police Station and set up two police stations – Rampur and Deucha – in Birbhum district, a senior official said.
Over All Review
Business And Economy