Daily Current Affairs January 25&26
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs January 25&26. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 25&26| Daily Current Affairs 2023
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs January 25&26
1. International Customs Day is observed on which date?
A) 22 January
B) 24 January
C) 25 January
D) 26 January
E) 28 January
Answer: D) 26 January
- Commemorating the maiden session of the World Customs Organization (WCO) held in 1953, International Customs Day is held every year on January 26.
- The day is celebrated to honour and spread awareness about the role played by Customs authorities in the smooth movement of goods across borders.
- The theme of International Customs Day 2023 is ‘Nurturing the next generation: Promoting a culture of knowledge-sharing and professional pride in Customs’
National Voters’ Day
- 13th National Voters’ Day 2023 is celebrated on 25 January.
- The main objective behind the celebration is to encourage, facilitate, and maximise enrolment, especially for new voters.
- The day has been celebrated since 2011 across the country to mark the foundation of the Election Commission of India, i.e. 25th January 1950.
- The theme for the year 2023 NVD, ‘Nothing Like Voting, I Vote for Sure’
National Tourism Day
- National Tourism Day is celebrated every year on January 25 across the country.
- Tourism Day is celebrated worldwide to raise awareness and influence within the international community, as well as to demonstrate how it affects social, cultural, political, and economic values.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs January 25&26
2. Richard Illingworth claimed his second David Shepherd Trophy for ICC Umpire of the Year 2022 after winning it in _____?
Answer: D) 2019
International Cricket Council’s annual awards:
- Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year: Babar Azam, Pakistan
- Men’s T20 Cricketer of the Year: Suryakumar Yadav, India
- Men’s Emerging Cricketer of the Year: Marco Jansen, South Africa
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy: Babar Azam, Pakistan
- Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy: Nat Sciver, England
- Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year: Nat Sciver, England
- Women’s T20 Cricketer of the Year: Tahlia McGrath, Australia
- Women’s Emerging Cricketer of the Year: Renuka Singh, India
3. In the Australian Open Tennis, which country’s duo of Luisa Stefani and Rafael Matos won the Mixed Doubles title?
- In the Australian Open Tennis, the Brazilian duo of Luisa Stefani and Rafael Matos won the Mixed Doubles title.
- They defeated the Indian pair Rohan Bopanna and Sania Mirza, 7-6, 6-2 on Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs January 25&26
4. Which company has tied up with Surat-based Goldi Solar to launch PadmalayaFinserve, a non-banking financial company (NBFC) focused on legal and insolvency financing?
Answer: E) LegalPay
- LegalPay, which is the country’s leading legal and insolvency financing start-up, has tied up with Surat-based solar manufacturing business house Goldi Solar to launch PadmalayaFinserve, a non-banking financial company (NBFC) focused on legal and insolvency financing.
- The NBFC plans to disburse Rs 1,000 crore worth of loans aimed towards legal expenses by FY24. Incidentally, LegalPay partners with various NBFCs to provide embedded legal financing to businesses at no-cost EMIs.
- The businesses can pay their legal costs using a credit line of up to Rs 50 lakh while the law firms get to expand their clientele on account of the flexible payment options.
5. BOB Financial Solutions Limited launched _______ dedicated to the Indian defence, paramilitary, and police personnel?
A) Neo Credit Card
B) Suraksha Credit Card
C) Kishore Credit Card
D) Varuna Credit Card
E) Vikram Credit Card
Answer: E) Vikram Credit Card
- BOB Financial Solutions Limited (BFSL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda, launched Vikram Credit Card dedicated to the Indian defence, paramilitary, and police personnel.
- theVikram Credit Card reinforces its commitment to address the credit needs of personnel who are selflessly guarding us and serving our country.
- BFSL already has exclusive cobranded credit cards with the Indian Army (Yoddha), Indian Navy (Varunah), Indian Coast Guard (Rakshamah) and Assam Rifles (The Sentinel).
Vikram Credit Card Features and Benefits:
- Lifetime Free (LTF) credit card
- Attractive reward points and activation gift of a complimentary OTT subscription.
- Accidental Death cover of R. 20 lakhs.
- 1% Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- LTF Add-Ons
- EMI offers
- Periodic merchant offers
6. Govt raises how much amount via maiden auction of Sovereign Green Bonds?
A) Rs 2,000 cr
B) Rs 3,000 cr
C) Rs 4,000 cr
D) Rs 5,000 cr
E) Rs 8,000 cr
Answer: E) Rs 8,000 cr
- The first tranche of Sovereign Green Bonds (SGrBs) worth Rs 8,000 crore was subscribed fully.
- As per the auction details provided by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), SGrB 2028 maturing in 2028 will have a coupon rate of 7.10, while SGrB 2033 maturing in 2033 will carry a rate of 7.29 per cent.
- Coupon rates of Sovereign Green Bonds are very much in line with the G-Sec.
- As announced in the Union Budget 2022-23, the central government as part of its overall market borrowings will be issuing SGrBs for mobilising resources for green infrastructure.
- The second auction of another Rs 8,000 crore will be conducted on February 9.
- SGrBs will be issued through uniform price auction and 5 per cent of the notified amount of sale will be reserved for retail investors, the RBI said, adding these papers will be reckoned as an eligible investment for SLR purposes.
- These bonds will be eligible for trading in the secondary market.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs January 25&26
7. How many persons won Padma Vibhushan award in Padma Awards 2023?
- For the year 2023, the President has approved conferment of 106 Padma Awards including 3 duo cases (in a duo case, the Award is counted as one) as per list below.
- The list comprises 6 Padma Vibhushan, 9 Padma Bhushan and 91 Padma Shri Awards.
- 19 of the awardees are women and the list also includes 2 persons from the category of Foreigners/NRI/PIO/OCI and 7 Posthumous awardees.
Padma Vibhushan (6)
|S.No||Name||Field||State / Country|
|Shri BalkrishnaDoshi (Posthumous)||Others – Architecture||Gujarat|
|Shri Zakir Hussain||Art||Maharashtra|
|Shri S M Krishna||Public Affairs||Karnataka|
|Shri DilipMahalanabis (Posthumous)||Medicine||West Bengal|
|Shri Srinivas Varadhan||Science & Engineering||United States of America|
|Shri Mulayam Singh Yadav (Posthumous)||Public Affairs||Uttar Pradesh|
|S.No||Name||Field||State / Country|
|Shri S L Bhyrappa||Literature & Education||Karnataka|
|Shri Kumar Mangalam Birla||Trade & Industry||Maharashtra|
|Shri Deepak Dhar||Science & Engineering||Maharashtra|
|Ms. Vani Jairam||Art||Tamil Nadu|
|Swami ChinnaJeeyar||Others – Spiritualism||Telangana|
|Ms. Suman Kalyanpur||Art||Maharashtra|
|Shri Kapil Kapoor||Literature & Education||Delhi|
|Ms. SudhaMurty||Social Work||Karnataka|
|Shri Kamlesh D Patel||Others – Spiritualism||Telangana|
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs January 25&26
8. The United States plans to test a spacecraft engine powered by nuclear fission by _____?
Answer: E) 2027
- NASA will partner with the U.S. military’s research and development agency, DARPA, to develop a nuclear thermal propulsion engine and launch it to space as soon as 2027.
- The planned 2027 demonstration, part of an existing DARPA research program that NASA is now joining, could also inform the ambitions of the U.S. Space Force, which has envisioned deploying nuclear reactor-powered spacecraft capable of moving other satellites orbiting near the moon.
- DARPA in 2021 awarded funds to General Atomics, Lockheed Martin and Jeff Bezos’ space company Blue Origin to study designs of nuclear reactors and spacecraft.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 25&26
9. UNESCO had designated the historic centre of Odesa, a strategic port city on Black Sea coast in which country, a World Heritage in Danger site?
- The United Nations’ cultural agency, UNESCO, said that it had designated the historic centre of Odesa, a strategic port city on Ukraine’s Black Sea coast, a World Heritage in Danger site.
- The status, awarded by a UNESCO panel meeting in Paris, is designed to help protect Odesa’s cultural heritage, which has been under threat since Russia’s invasion, and enable access to financial and technical international aid.
10. India and which country elevated their relationship to a strategic partnership covering political, security, defence, energy and economic areas and decided to take concrete steps against cross-border terrorism and radicalisation?
- India and Egypt elevated their relationship to a strategic partnership covering political, security, defence, energy and economic areas and decided to take concrete steps against cross-border terrorism and radicalisation.
- The two countries also exchanged MoUs in the fields of cyber security, culture, information technology, cooperation on youth matters and broadcasting.
- The prime minister said the two countries have also decided to take the bilateral trade between their countries to $12 billion in the next five years.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 25&26
11. Who unveiled the world’s first intranasal Covid vaccine iNCOVACC?
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya unveiled the world’s first intranasal Covid vaccine iNCOVACC and said it marks a ”glorious tribute to the call for Atmanirbhar Bharat”.
- He launched the vaccine in the presence of Union Minister of State for Science and Technology, Jitendra Singh.
- iNCOVACC is priced at Rs 325 per dose for large volume procurement by state governments and the Government of India.
- The vaccine is now available on CoWIN, and priced at Rs 800 for private markets and Rs 325 for supplies to the central and state governments.
- Developed by Bharat Biotech, iNCOVACC is the world’s first intranasal COVID-19 vaccine to receive approval for the primary two-dose schedule, and as a heterologous booster dose for adults.
- It is developed by the Bharat Biotech International Limited (BBIL) in collaboration with the Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), a PSU under the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology.
12. Which state announced that unemployment allowance would be provided to youths who don’t have jobs in the state?
- On Republic Day, ChhattisgarhCM BhupeshBaghel announced that unemployment allowance would be provided to youths who don’t have jobs in the state.
- The party has mentioned in its manifesto that ₹2,500 per month would be given to the unemployed youth of the state. The state has announced it when elections were due during the end of the year.
- Government officials are also studying the Rajasthan model of unemployment allowance.
- The Rajasthan government has been giving unemployment allowances since 2019 under the ‘MukhyamantriYuva Sambal Yojna’.
13. Which edition of National Child Science Congress begins at Ahmedabad in Gujarat?
Answer: D) 30th
- The 30th National Child Science Congress will begin at Ahmedabad in Gujarat. The five-day event which will be organized at Science City will conclude on 31st January.
- The program will be hosted by the Gujarat Council on Science and Technology (GUJCOST), the Gujarat Council of Science City, and SAL Education.
- More than 1400 delegates including child scientists, escort teachers, evaluators, and government officials will attend the congress.
14. Who inaugurates six-day mega event ‘Bharat Parv’ at Red Fort in New Delhi?
Answer: E)GKishan Reddy
- Union Minister for Culture, Tourism, and Development of North Eastern Region G Kishan Reddy inaugurated the Bharat Parv at Red Fort in New Delhi.
- This six-day mega event beginning January 26 will be celebrated till the 31st of this month as part of the Republic Day Celebrations.
- This event is being organized after a gap of two years in physical mode at the Lawns and Gyan Path in front of Red Fort.
15. NITI Aayog’s AIM, which organisation, and Intel India collaborate to bring change in education sector?
- The Atal Innovation Mission – NITI Aayog, Central Board of Secondary Education – Ministry of Education, and Intel India in New Delhi have collaborated to bring a change in the education sector by embedding future skills such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Tinkering in the formal curriculum.
- The aim of this collaboration is to align the National Education Policy 2020’s guidance to increase the pace of tech integration for youth, the need to bridge the future skills gap in the country, and optimize the current infrastructure towards making India AI-ready.
16. The third edition of the annual Orange festival 2023 held in which state?
- In Nagaland, the third edition of the annual Orange festival 2023 got underway at Rusomavillage, under Kohima district.
- The two day festival is being organised in collaboration with the department of Horticulture, Agriculture, Rural Development, Land Resources and Kohima Smart City.
- The Orange festival in Rusoma Village of Kohima district is conceptualised to recognise and celebrate the hard work of the orange growers while facilitating them the market linkages to sell their produce at one hub.
- At present, there are about 35,000 standing trees of orange plantation in Rusoma village and is generating an income of more than 40 Lakh rupees to the village.
- The two day orange festival also featured several stalls like sale of handicraft, organic vegetables and fruits, food items, sale of orange saplings, workshop on orange and coffee plantation and signature campaign on BetiBachaoBetiPadhao.
17. Which UT inaugurated northern India’s largest floating solar power project of 2000kWp worth Rs 11.70 crore?
- UT Administrator Banwari Lal Purohit inaugurated northern India’s largest floating solar power project of 2000kWp worth Rs 11.70 crore at waterworks, Sector 39.
- The inauguration was held in the presence of MP KirronKher. He also inaugurated a 500kWp floating solar project with fountains at Dhanas Lake. Adviser Dharam Pal, director (environment) Debendra Dalai and Mayor Anoop Gupta were present on the occasion.
- The floating solar power plant at waterworks, Sector 39, has been installed at a cost of Rs 11.70 crore, including 10 years O&M (operations and maintenance), and the 500kWp floating solar power plant with fountains has been installed at Dhanas Lake at a total cost of Rs 3.34 crore, including 10 years O&M for the plant as well as for the fountains.
18. Which railway station has been awarded the ‘Green Railway Station Certification with highest rating of Platinum’ by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC)?
A) Visakhapatnam railway station
B) Chennai railway station
C) Bengaluru railway station
D) Kolkata railway station
E) Mumbai railway station
Answer: A) Visakhapatnam railway station
- Visakhapatnam railway station of East Coast Railway has been awarded the ‘Green Railway Station Certification with highest rating of Platinum’ by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for adopting green concepts thereby reducing the adverse environmental impact.
- DRM/ Waltair, AnupSatpathy received the certification from Dr S Vijayakumar, Chairman, IGBC Visakhapatnam Chapter at a function organised at Visakhapatnam.
- The Environment Directorate of Indian Railways, with the support of the IGBC, has developed the Green Railway Station rating system.
- It addresses national priorities such as water conservation, handling of waste, energy efficiency, reduced use of fossil fuel, lesser dependence on usage of virgin materials and health and well-being of occupants.
19. South African government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for translocation of ___ cheetahs to Madhya Pradesh’s Kuno National Park (KNP)?
- South African government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for translocation of 12 cheetahs to Madhya Pradesh’s Kuno National Park (KNP), officials said.
- The South African environment ministry signed the pact days after it was approved by President Cyril Ramaphosa
- Kuno had earlier received eight cheetahs — three male and five female — from Namibia on Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s birthday on September 17. The second tranche of cheetahs is expected to arrive in the country by February-March, taking the total number of big cats from Africa in the national park to 20.
- The animal will return to a wild enclosure in India 69 years after the last recorded cheetah was hunted down in Chhattisgarh in 1952.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Science and Technology