Daily Current Affairs January 22
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs January 22. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 22 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs January 22
1. India won the U-19 Men’s Asia Cup 2021:
- The Yash Dhull-led young Indian side hammered Sri Lanka by 9 wickets in the final of the U-19 Men’s Asia Cup 2021 to seal their eighth title at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
- Riding on a fine unbeaten 56 from Angkrish Raghuvanshi, India gunned down the 102-run target in just 22 overs to seal a crushing win against Sri Lanka.
- In the last eight editions of the U-19 Asia Cup before this, India had won the title seven times, which includes a shared trophy in 2012.
- The team also owns the record of having never lost a final. In this edition, India finished second in the group, having lost to Pakistan, before beating Bangladesh to make the final.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs January 22
2. Narendra Modi tops list of world’s most popular leaders:
- The survey released by Morning Consult Political Intelligence is based on data collected from January 13-19, 2022.
|1||Narendra Modi||India’s Prime Minister|
|2||Andrés Manuel López Obrador||Mexican Presiden|
|3||Mario Draghi||Italian Prime Minister|
|4||Fumio Kishida||Japan PM|
|5||Olaf Scholz||German chancellor|
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs January 22
3. Reliance Jio partners with University of Oulu over development of 6G technology:
- Reliance Jio’s Estonia unit, (Jio Estonia OÜ) is partnering with the University of Oulu for exploring 6G, the upcoming next generation of telecom technology after 5G.
- According to an official announcement by the company, 6G is supposed to build on the capabilities of 5G and will have higher capacities and will bring new advancements.
- It should be noted that in India, Jio like other telecom players, is carrying out 5G testing.
- The commercial rollout for 5G is yet to begin in the country
- Jio is hoping the efforts will help create 6G-enabled products in the field of defence, automotive, industrial machinery, consumer goods, and experiences such as urban computing and autonomous traffic settings.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs January 22
4. Mia Mottley is appointed as prime Minister of Barbados:
- Barbados Prime Minister Mia Mottley was sworn in for a second term after her party appeared to have swept every legislative seat in the first elections the island nation held as a republic since casting off the British monarchy.
5. Arvind P. Jamkhedkar will be the next Chairman of the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR):
- Archaeologist and historian Arvind P. Jamkhedkar will be the next Chairman of the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR).
- He will replace Prof. K. Sudershan Rao, whose term as ICHR chief was mired in controversy.
- The post fell vacant after Prof. Rao’s retirement.
- Prof. Jamkhedkar is at present Chancellor of Deccan College, Pune, known in academic circles for its archaeology department.
- Prof. Jamkhedkar was selected as National Lecturer in Archaeology by the University Grants Commission in 1984.
- He has published 13 monographs/contributions to excavation reports and 50 research articles, apart from about 20 articles in Marathi.
- As an archaeologist, Prof. Jamkhedkar has conducted 19 excavations at different sites in Maharashtra.
Chanchal Kumar appointed as MD, NHIDCL:
- Senior IAS officer Chanchal Kumar (IAS:1992:BH) was appointed as Managing Director, National Highways & Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd. (NHIDCL), Ministry of Road Transport & Highways.
- According to an order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), he has been appointed to the post in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary.
- Presently, he is posted in the cadre state Bihar as Principal Secretary, Chief Minister Secretariat with additional charge of Principal Secretary, GAD, Principal Secretary, Public Grievances, Mission Director, Bihar Administrative Reform Mission.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs January 22
6. Sushmita Sen wins International Association of Working Women Award:
- Bollywood actress and former Miss Universe Sushmita Sen is elated on being conferred the International Association of Working Women Award for an outstanding performance by a female actor in a TV series for her show ‘Aarya 2’.
- The award is presented by the DC South Asian Film Festival (DCSAFF), which is currently underway virtually starting from January 16 to January 30.
- The actress credits the team of ‘Aarya’ for working tirelessly for the show that is now gaining global recognition.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 22
7. Swedish Saab announced that its AT4 weapon has been selected by the Indian Armed Forces through a competitive program for a single-shot weapon:
- Swedish Saab announced that its AT4 weapon has been selected by the Indian Armed Forces through a competitive program for a single-shot weapon.
- AT4 will be used by the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force.
- According the company, this order includes the AT4CS AST, which can be fired from confined spaces such as from inside buildings, bunkers and other urban environments.
- The AT4CS AST offers a tandem warhead with a breach or blast mode, which is optimized to defeat enemies within buildings and to destroy structures, which can create a point of access into them.
- Saab says that AT4 is one of the most popular and successful support weapon families on the market. Operated by a single soldier, this single-shot system has proven efficacy against structures, landing craft, helicopters, armored vehicles and personnel.
- Its 84 mm caliber warhead offers enhanced power and performance.
Over All Review
Business And Economy