Daily Current Affairs February 27
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs February 27. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 27 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs February 27
1. Nadal beats Norrie in Acapulco for his 91st career title:
- Rafael Nadal earlier in the week that he wasn’t aware of his career statistics.
- The 35-year-old Spaniard defeated Cameron Norrie 6-4, 6-4 to win the Mexican Open and extend his career-best start for a season to 15-0 as he won his 91st ATP title.
- Nadal, who won his third title in 2022, including the Australian Open for his record 21st Grand Slam singles title, is three victories from tying Ivan Lendl’s total of 94 for third place for most championships in the Open Era.
- Jimmy Connors leads with 109 and Roger Federer has 103.
Tsitsipas bags his maiden ATP Doubles Title in Acapulco:
- The doubles pair of StefanosTsitsipas and Feliciano Lopez beat fourth-seeded pair of Marcelo Arevalo and Jean-Julien Rojer 7-5, 6-4 to win the men’s doubles title of ATP Mexico Open.
- With this win, Tsitsipas went on to clinch his first-ever ATP doubles title.
- The Greek now has seven ATP Singles Tour titles and one ATP Doubles title to his name while this was former doubles World No. 9 Feliciano Lopez’s sixth ATP Tour doubles title.
- The first set was a closely fought battle in which the Greek-Spanish pair won 7-5 while the second set was comparatively a much easier affair which they won 6-4 to wrap up the final match in straight sets against the Dutch-Salvadorian pair of Rojer-Arevalo.
2. Ladakh LG inaugurates first-ever Ice Wall Climbing Competition-2022:
- Ladakh Lieutenant Governor RK Mathur inaugurated the first-ever Ice Wall Climbing Competition-2022, at Ganglas in Leh.
- North West Frontier of Indo Tibetan Border Police, ITBP, has organized the Two-Day competition.
- Apart from the ITBF, Ladakh Police, Ladakh Mountain Guide Association, Students and a team from Nubra, nearly 100 participants from various units of North West Frontier ITBP are participating in the competition.
3. India defeat Spain in FIH pro-league Hockey tournament:
- Indian Women defeated Spain 2-1 at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar in FIH pro-league Hockey tournament.
- For India, Jyoti and Neha scored one goal each. Segu Marta scored the lone goal for Spain.
- In Men’s section, India defeated Spain 5-4 at the same venue.
- India’s Harmanpreet Singh scored two goals followed by ShilanandLakra, Varun Kumar and Shamsher Singh one each.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs February 27
4. GRSE Bags Twin Awards at ICC PSE Excellence Awards 2021:
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd, was conferred 2 major awards in the categories of ‘CSR and Sustainability (Winner) & ‘Corporate Governance’ (Runner up) of 11th ICC PSE Excellence Awards.
- The awards were announced by Dr Bhaskar Chatterjee, Former Secretary of the Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) and Chief of the Jury Committee.
- GRSE, a Mini Ratna Category 1 Defence PSU and a leading warship building company,
- The PSE Excellence Awards is an initiative by the Indian Chamber of Commerce, to acknowledge the efforts of PSEs and their extraordinary contribution to shaping up the Indian economy.
- PSE Excellence Awards was started in the year 2010 by ICC along with the Department of Public Enterprises, Ministry of Heavy Industries.
- These awards are conferred in Operational Performance Excellence, Corporate Governance, Human Resources Management Excellence, R&D & Technology development, CSR & Sustainability, Best Turnaround, Innovation in Business and Company of the year categories.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs February 27
5. China’s new-generation rocket launches 22 satellites into space:
- China’s new Long March-8 rocket placed 22 satellites in space, setting a domestic record for the most spacecraft launched by a single rocket.
- The rocket blasted off at the Wenchang Spacecraft Launch Site in the southern Hainan Province.
- These satellites will be mainly used for commercial remote sensing services, marine environment monitoring, forest fire prevention and disaster mitigation.
- The mission marked the 409th flight of the Long March carrier rockets.
6. North Korea fires suspected missile into sea off east coast:
- North Korea launched a suspected ballistic missile into sea, in the North’s apparent eighth round of weapons tests so far this year.
- North Korea last month conducted seven rounds of missile tests in what some experts called an attempt to perfect its weapons technology.
- North Korea later halted testing activity after the start of the Winter Olympics in China, which is its last major ally and economic pipeline.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 27
7. Bihar govt launches helpline for students trapped in Ukraine:
- With the evacuation of Indian students trapped in Ukraine picking up speed, the Bihar government has started helplines for boys and girls hailing from the state who had gone to the war-torn country for pursuing higher education and are now anxious to make an exit in the wake of the military crisis.
- The helpline numbers issued by the state Disaster Management Department are 0612-2294204, 0612-1070 and 7070290170.
- The Ministry of External Affairs has issued an advisory, urging Indian nationals in Ukraine to avoid thronging border checkpoints ”without prior information” because of obvious security risks.
8. Union minister Tomar launches initiative on crop insurance documents for farmers:
- Narendra Tomar launched the ‘Meri Policy, Mere Haath’ initiative aimed at motivating farmers to insure their crops.
- The initiative to deliver documents of Pradhan Mantri FasalBimaYojana (PMFBY), also called Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme, to farmers across the country was launched at a function held in BudhiBarlai village, some 35 kilometres from the district headquarters.
- Govt Going to send policy papers (documents) to farmers across the country who have got their crop insured.
- The money of PMRBY and Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN), a Central government scheme that offers income support to all landholding farmer’s families, was being transferred into bank accounts directly without any room for middlemen and touts.
- So far, 36 crores farmers have opted for PMRBY and Rs one lakh crore has been disbursed as relief to those who suffered crop damage during natural calamities in the last six years.
9. India launches Operation Ganga, flies back 219 nationals from Ukraine:
- India brought back the first batch of 219 Indians from war-hit Ukraine as part of ‘Operation Ganga’, as another flight with 250 nationals was headed back from Bucharest, Romania.
- The second flight from Bucharest has taken off for Delhi with 250 Indian nationals.
The flight, Air India flight 1942 from Bucharest to New Delhi.
- The flight had taken off from the Henri Coanda International Airport, Bucharest, Romania in the afternoon and brought home the 219 passengers, mostly students.
- More evacuation flights are being operated and the second flight is likely to land in Delhi.
- Over 16,000 Indians mostly students are waiting to be evacuated from Ukraine.
Most students are enrolled in various universities in Ukraine for programmes in medicine and engineering.
10. Sadia Tariq bags gold medal at Moscow C’ship:
- India’s Sadia Tariq clinched gold medal at the Moscow Wushu Stars Championship, which is being held in the Russian capital from February 22 to 28.
- Sadia, who hails from Srinagar, defeated a local Russian at the championship, which is an approved event in the Annual Calendar Training and Competition of the Sports Authority of India.
Over All Review
Science and Technology