Daily Current Affairs February 26
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs February 26. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 26 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs February 26
1. KarandeepKochhar wins Gujarat Open Golf Championship 2022 title:
- KarandeepKochhar carrying forward his rich vein of form from last season, lifted the title on a dramatic final day at the Gujarat Open Golf Championship 2022 held at the Kalhaar Blues & Greens Golf Club.
- Chandigarh-based Karandeep (64-75-69-70), who was overnight tied fourth and two off the lead, came from behind with a steady two-under 70 on day four to sign off with a 10-under 278 total and wrap up his fourth title at the Rs 40 lakh event.
- Arjun Prasad (73-65-70-71), who like his good friend Kochhar was also overnight tied fourth, came within striking range of his maiden title before narrowly missing out.
- The Delhi golfer totalled nine-under 279 following a final round of 71 to secure his second runner-up finish on the PGTI. Ranjit Singh of Chandigarh, the joint overnight leader, submitted a card of 74 to claim third place at eight-under 280.
- Bengaluru’s M Dharma and Kapil Kumar of Delhi, the other two joint leaders after round three, shot scores of 75 to end the week in tied fourth place at seven-under 281.
- Twenty-two-year-old KarandeepKochhar, who secured second place on the PGTI Order of Merit last year courtesy of his two wins, made a slow start with two birdies and two bogeys on the front-nine as his approach shot on the eighth was the highlight having landed within six feet to set up a birdie.
2. India win 2 medals in Asian Fencing:
- Indian Epee men’s cadet Team and the Foil girl’s team bagged a bronze each at the Asian Junior and Cadet Fencing Championship here in Uzbekistan.
- Epee men’s team lost to Kazakhstan 24-45 in the semifinal. Foil Girls team lost 34-45 to the hosts Uzbekistan in another semifinal.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs February 26
3. Odisha’s former CM HemanandaBiswal dies at age 82:
- Former Odisha Chief Minister and prominent tribal Congress leader Hemananda Biswal died.
- Biswal also represented Sundergarh Constituency in the Lok Sabha, and was a six-time MLA from Jharsuguda district, besides being the state’s chief minister twice.
- He was elected chief minister for the first time for the period December 7,1989 to March 5, 1990 and again from December 6,1999 to March 5, 2000.
- He was the first tribal chief minister of Odisha. He was elected to the Assembly for the first time in 1974 and continued till 1977.
- Later he become an MLA in 1980 and held the post till 2004from Laikera Assembly segment.
- Biswal started his career from panchayat politics after a brief stint as a school teacher in Jharsugudda district.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs February 26
4. USCC International Intellectual Property Index:
The Top 5 Countries in the International Intellectual Property Index
|1||United States of America|
Total countries: 55.
- India has improved its overall IP score from 38.4 per cent to 38.6 per cent, and the country is ranked 43 out of 55 countries on the International Intellectual Property Index, according to US Chambers of Commerce report.
- India’s overall score has increased from 38.40 percent (19.20 out of 50) in the ninth edition to 38.64 percent (19.32 out of 50) in the 10th edition.
- This reflects a score increase on indicator 32.
- In July 2021, the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Commerce released a Review of the Intellectual Property Rights Regime in India.
- It is the first major attempt at assessing the state of India’s IP policy regime since 2016 and the National Intellectual Property Rights Policy.
Governments must make a choice:
- They can embrace dangerous policies to roll back international and domestic IP protections and deprive their economies of the many benefits strong IP ecosystems provide.
- Or, they can make conscious policy decisions to invest in their IP framework until every individual with an idea has a fair shot at the competition for leadership, success, and, ultimately, tomorrow.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs February 26
5. NHPC signs Rs 1,020 cr securitisation facility with HDFC Bank:
- NHPC has inked a pact with HDFC bank to securitise return on equity of its 540-MW Chamera-I Power Plant in Himachal Pradesh.
- ”NHPC Ltd has signed a facility agreement with HDFC Bank Ltd to securitise the return on equity of Chamera-I Power Station (3 X 180 MW), Himachal Pradesh, for a tenor of 10 years,”.
- The amount of the securitisation facility has been arrived Rs 1,016.39 crore or 5.24 per cent per annum discounting rate linked with three-month T-bills.
- In December 2021, NHPC’s board had approved the proposal for monetisation by securitisation through bidding process of return on equity (RoE) of Chamera-1 Power Station (3 X 180 MW), Himachal Pradesh, and further to monetise RoE of one or more power stations for 5 or 10 or 15 years in one go or rollover.
6. IDBI Bank launches liquidity management solution for institutional clients:
- IDBI Bank has launched Corporate Liquidity Management Solution (C-LMS) and Government Liquidity Management Solution (G-LMS) to meet the liquidity management needs of institutional customers.
- LMS and G-LMS provide real-time, web-based and formula driven liquidity management solution.
- These solutions provide tools to institutions for enhanced visibility of liquidity position across the organisation, helping them in forecasting and projecting the cash positions at a glance.
- Additionally, C-LMS helps corporate customers to automate the transfer of funds across various accounts of the entity.
7. Reliance General Insurance participates in PMFBY’s policy distribution drive:
- Reliance General Insurance has announced its participation in the Pradhan MantriFasalBimaYojana’s (PMFBY’s) nationwide doorstep crop insurance policy distribution mega drive.
- The insurer has set up special camps at gram panchayat and village levels to educate farmers, who are enrolled with Reliance General Insurance under the PMFBY, about their existing crop insurance policies.
- Through this initiative, the farmer will receive first-hand information and details of their crop insurance such as sum insured amount, types of crops insured and the premium amount.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs February 26
8. World Bank appoints its India head as VP, Operations at Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency:
- The World Bank’s India head, Junaid Kamal Ahmad, has been appointed as one of the vice presidents of the global lending institution. Ahmad, 61, will assume his new role from April 16.
- Ahmad who as Vice President, Operations would head the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) is the second Bangladeshi national to be appointed to such a high position in the history of the bank.
- Fayez Choudhury was the first Bangladeshi national who became the vice president on the administration side.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs February 26
9. Physicist Deepak Dhar, first Indian selected for Boltzmann Medal:
- Senior theoretical physicist Deepak Dhar has been selected for the prestigious Boltzmann Medal by the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP).
- Dhar, professor emeritus in the Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune, shares the prize with John Hopfield, of the Princeton University.
- Prof Deepak Dhar (Emeritus Professor) from our Department has been chosen for the Boltzmann Medal!
- The Boltzmann Medal is awarded once every three years by the Commission on Statistical Physics of the IUPAP, the only global physics organization run by the physics community itself.
- Dhar is the first Indian to receive it.
10. Odisha wins two gold medals in 2nd National Taxation Awards, 2021:
- Odisha has won gold in two categories reformist state government and tax commissionerate – in the 2nd National Taxation Awards for the year 2021.
- The award was received by Sushil Kumar Lohani, Commissioner of CT & GST, Odisha on behalf of the state in an award ceremony held at New Delhi.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 26
11. Japan Navy Chief on 4-day visit to India:
- Admiral Hiroshi Yamamura, the Chief of Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF), arrived and interacted with Navy Chief Admiral R Hari Kumar.
- On arrival, Admiral Hiroshi Yamamura was accorded a 50-men Guard of honour at the majestic South Block lawns.
- The Chief of Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF) is on a four-day visit to India.
- Earlier, Admiral Yamamura paid homage to the fallen heroes at the National War Memorial. Incidentally, the Memorial celebrated its third anniversary on Feb 25.
- Admiral Yamamura is a distinguished speaker at the International Maritime Seminar (IMS), being conducted by the Indian Navy on February 27 at Visakhapatnam, as part of the Indian Navy’s multinational biennial exercise Milan 2022.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 26
12. J-K Police launches emergency helpline ‘Dail 112′:
- Police in Kashmir has launched ‘Dial 112’ helpline where citizens can call for police help, fire brigade and ambulance services.
- The helpline has been launched under the Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) project.
13. Mandaviya launches Polio National Immunization Day – 2022, administers polio drops to children:
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya launched the “Polio National Immunization Day – 2022” by administering polio drops to children aged less than five years, As a part of the national immunization drive.
14. Arunachal Pradesh launches drone-based plantation program on pilot basis:
- A pilot project on plantation using drone technology was launched at Doimara Reserve Forest area under Khellong Forest Division, Bhalukpong in West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh on the occasion of its 36th Statehood.
- This is the first experimental phase of the project where 200 ha of degraded land under Doimara Reserve Forest will be planted using seedballs to be dropped from a drone called “Seedcopter”.
- The project is undertaken by the Department of Environment, Forests & Climate Change, Govt of Arunachal Pradesh in association with MarutDronetech Pvt Ltd, a leading startup company in this technology.
- The project of drone-based plantation is a part of introduction of drone technology in the State under forestry sector.
- It will continue for nearly 15 days during which two lakh seedballs will be planted over 200 ha area.
- The technology includes creating seedballs from mixture of clay and manure having seed at the core of it.
- These seedballs dropped from drones at specific intervals reach the ground and germinate gradually after few days. The seedballs are specially transported from Hyderabad for this project.
- The Department of Environment, Forests & Climate Change has seen a shift under leadership of Minister (EF&CC) Mama Natung towards introduction of technology-based solutions to overcome the challenges faced due to the difficult terrain of Arunachal Pradesh.
15. India rolls out national strategy to build ecosystem necessary for 3-D printing:
- GoI has released a national strategy for additive manufacturing (commonly known as 3D printing) to encourage collaboration between academia, government and industry with the goal of making India a global hub for design, development and deployment of 3D printing.
- To enhance India’s position in the global 3d manufacturing landscape achieve a market share of 5% and contribute nearly $1 billion to the GDP by 2025.
- The global 3D printing products and services market was valued at $12.6 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17% between 2020 and 2023, according to Statista, a market research firm.
16. WEF and India’s NIUA to collaborate on sustainable cities development programme:
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) and the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) on February 24 signed a MoU to collaborate on a jointly designed ‘Sustainable Cities India programme’.
- which will aim to create an enabling environment for cities to generate decarbonization solutions across the energy, transport, and the built environment sectors.
- This initiative comes after Prime Minister Narendra Modi stated India’s commitment to turn net zero by 2070 as a climate mitigation response at COP26.
17. MNRE approves development of 400MW solar project in Kinnaur:
- SJVN and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has approved development of 400 MW solar park by the company at Kinnaur in Himachal Pradesh.
- An in-principle approval has been accorded by the ministry for development of this project under Ultra Mega Renewable Energy Power Parks of its solar park scheme.
18. Cabinet approves up to 20 per cent FDI in LIC under automatic route:
- The Union Cabinet approved amendment in the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy to facilitate FDI up to 20 per cent in IPO-bound Life Insurance Corporation of India Limited.
- FDI up to 20 per cent under the automatic route is being allowed in LIC.
- Other minor enhancements in the existing FDI Policy have also been carried out in order to provide an updated, consistent and easily comprehensible FDI framework.
- The FDI policy reform will further enhance Ease of Doing Business in the country, leading to larger FDI inflows and thereby contributing to growth of investment, income and employment.
- The government has approved listing of shares of LIC, which is a statutory corporation established under LIC Act, 1956, on the stock market through an IPO by part-sale of government stake in it and raising fresh equity capital for LIC.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance