Daily Current Affairs February 20
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs February 20. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 20 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs February 20
1. Dubai Tennis Championships: Jelena Ostapenko beats Veronika Kudermetova to claim singles title:
- Jelena Ostapenko beated Veronika Kudermetova by 6-0 6-4 to claim the Dubai Tennis Championships trophy.
- Ostapenko eased to victory after 65 minutes of play and is now projected to rise in the rankings from No.21 to No.13.
- Former World No.5 Ostapenko will return to the Top 20 for the first time since October 2018.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs February 20
2. SEBI reconstitutes advisory committee on alternative investment policy:
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has reconstituted its alternative investment policy advisory committee, which advises SEBI on a range of issues that impact further development of the AIF space.
Alternative Investment Policy Advisory Committee:
- The committee has now 20 members.
- The panel was constituted by SEBI in March 2015, earlier had 22 members.
- Till now, the committee has submitted three reports on the AIF (Alternative Investment Fund) industry.
- The committee is chaired by Infosys co-founder N R Narayana Murthy.
- Committee includes members from SEBI, Ministry of Finance, AIF players and industry associations.
- Gopal Srinivasan, chairman and managing director, TVS Capital Funds; Gopal Jain, co-founder and managing partner, Gaja Capital; Vipul Roongta, managing director and CEO, HDFC Capital Advisors; and RenukaRamnath, chairperson, Indian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (IVCA).
- Other members: Prashant Khemka, founder and partner at White Oak Capital Management; GautamMehra, partner at PwC; Subramaniam Krishnan, partner at Ernst & Young; Deepak Ranjan, deputy director, DEA, Ministry of Finance; MahavirLunawat, vice chairman, Association of Investment Bankers of India (AIBI); and Sujit Prasad, executive director at SEBI.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 20
3. Maha’s 1st naval museum to be set up in Kalyan:
- Anaval museum will be set up near the Durgadi Fort in Kalyan town of Maharashtra’s Thane district with an aim to attract tourists. It will be the state’s first naval museum.
- The museum will be in the shape of a ship & will showcase the naval history, from the period of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and development thereafter.
- The foundation for the Mega project under the Smart City development program was laid by state Tourism and Environment Minister Aaditya Thackeray.
- According to the release, Kalyan Dombivli Municipal Corporation (KDMC) plans to develop the Ulhas river front from the Durgadi Fort to Gandhari village for recreational activities and the project is scheduled to be completed within 3 years.
4. Assam becomes first state to launch night navigation mobile app in rivers:
- The first night navigation mobile application in rivers in the country was launched, by CM Himanta Biswa Sarma, for ferries plying on Brahmaputra river.
- The inaugural night journey of an Inland Water Transport ferry fitted with the system sailed between Guwahati and North Guwahati at 9 pm and completed the return journey also in about an hour.
- This app was developed by the transport department in association with K Raju, the principal scientist of IIT Madras and will survey the draft of the rivers.
- Biswa also launched ten Aadhar-based contactless services of the department as part of its efforts to make public service delivery efficient and hassle free.
- These services are expected to reduce footfalls at District Transport Offices (DTOs) by about four lakh annually.
5. 48th Khajuraho Dance Festival begins today in Madhya Pradesh:
- In Madhya Pradesh, the 48th Khajuraho Dance Festival will begin.
- The week-long festival will conclude on the 26th of this month.
- AIR Correspondent reports, Renowned artists from across the country and the world will perform at the festival, which will be inaugurated by Madhya Pradesh Governor Mangubhai Patel.
- The festival will be held beside the famous Khajuraho group of temples, which is a world heritage site.
- It will showcase the cultural landscape of Indian dance styles, art and travel-related exhibitions.
- During the event, the National Kalidas Award will be presented to eminent dancers for the years 2019-20 and 2020-21.
- The Madhya Pradesh State Rupankar Kala Award will also be presented during the festival.
Over All Review