Daily Current Affairs February 21
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs February 21. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 21 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
1. Mizoram Foundation Day
- Mizoram celebrates its foundation day on 20 February,It came into existence on this date in 1987.
- The name of the state comes from the words Mi (meaning people), Zo (which signifies a lofty place, such as a hill) and Ram (land), that is Mizoram basically means “Land of the hill people”.
- The Mizo National Front (MNF), a political organisation established in 1961, stated that the independence of Greater Mizoram was its primary goal.
- The MNF launched Operation Jericho on 28 February, 1966, to throw out the Indian troops stationed in the region.
- The Union government sent fighter jets to bomb the city of Aizawl on 5 and 6 March the same year.
- It marked the only time in Indian history that the country used its air force to quell an insurrection among its own citizens.
- After the Mizo District Council delegation met then prime minister Indira Gandhi in 1971, it was decided Mizoram would be a Union Territory (UT).
- Mizoram was declared as a separate UT in 1972 under the Northeast Areas (Reorganisation) Act, 1971.
- It became the 23rd state of India after the 53rd Amendment to the Indian Constitution, 1986.
- Mizoram, as well as the state of Arunachal Pradesh, came into existence on 20 February, 1987.
2. Arunachal Pradesh Foundation Day 2022:
- Northern States Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh celebrate their Foundation Day on February 20, since 1987.
- The Indian Government declared this after the 53rd Amendment of the Indian Constitution in 1986.
- Arunachal Pradesh is the extreme northern part of the country, which is also known as the ‘land of the rising sun’.
- The country at the edge of the Himalayas is proud to be called the land of dawn and lit mountains.
- India became an independent nation in August 1947 and back then, Arunachal Pradesh was called North-East Frontier Agency (NEFA), which was administered by the Assam State.
- In 1972, NEFA became a Union Territory and a part of it was named Arunachal Pradesh.
- On February 20, 1987, it became a full-fledged state and became the 25th state of Union India.
- The state near the Himalayas shared its borders with Bhutan to the west, a Tibetan region to the North, Myanmar and Nagaland to the South and Southeast and Assam to the South and Southwest region.
- Internationally, the state also shares its borders with China.
- The Chinese claimed this region to be theirs and in 1962, they claimed to split over with the Sino-Indian War.
- Arunachal Pradesh has the lowest population density of any other state of India.
- Itanagar is the capital of the state where Arunachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly, the seat of the government is located.
- The city is inhabited by tribes of Nyishi, Adi, Apatani, Tagin and Galo.
- The Ita fort is one of the most prominent historical sites of the state.
- The literal meaning of the fort is called the fort of bricks which was built in the 14th or the 15th century.
- The Jawaharlal Nehru Museum and the Ganga Lake are other historic sites.
3. International Mother Language Day:
- International Mother Language Day is being observed globally on February 21 (Monday) to promote linguistic and cultural diversity and multilingualism.
- It was approved by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization or UNESCO in 1999.
- According to UNESCO, the day was recognised on the initiative of Bangladesh and has been observed throughout the world since the year 2000.
- Globally, 40 % of the population does not have access to an education in a language they speak or understand.
- This day is a step towards showing commitment to the development of mother language in public life.
- Theme: “Using technology for multilingual learning: Challenges and opportunities”.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs February 21
4. Indian Businesses Rank 5th In Their Concern For Climate Change, Says Report:
- According to advisory firm Deloitte report, Indian businesses have ranked 5th based on their concern for climate change and Indian companies are more likely to be implementing tougher climate actions compared with their global counterpart.
- The Deloitte survey, done across 21 countries during September-October 2021, has found a higher number of top-level executives in India responding to the issue of climate change compared to the survey conducted in January-February 2021.
- Deloitte said 2,000 top-level executives participated in the survey, including 163 CXO from India.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs February 21
5. JPMorgan becomes first bank to enter the metaverse, opens a lounge in Decentraland:
- The largest bank of the US, JPMorgan, has ventured into metaverse with the opening of a lounge in the blockchain-technology based virtual world Decentraland.
- JP Morgan has become the first bank to launch itself in the metaverse.
- The bank has named the lounge as Onyx, which is the bank’s suite of permissioned Ethereum-based services.
- Onyx features a digital image of the bank’s CEO Jamie Dimon.
- Users can create their virtual avatars, build virtual spaces and roam in the lounge.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs February 21
6. Airtel joins undersea cable consortium:
- Bharti Airtel has joined the SEA-ME-WE-6 undersea cable consortium to scale up its high-speed global network capacity to serve India’s fast growing digital economy.
- “Airtel is participating as a major investor in the SEA-ME-WE-6 & is anchoring 20 % of the overall investment in the cable system, which will go LIVE in 2025.
- The 19,200 Rkm SEA-ME-WE-6 will connect Singapore and France and will be amongst the largest undersea cable systems globally.
- The other consortium members of SEA-ME-WE-6 include Bangladesh Submarine Cable Company, Dhiraagu, Djibouti Telecom, Mobily, Orange, Singtel, Sri Lanka Telecom, Telecom Egypt, Telekom Malaysia and Telin.
- “Through SEA-ME-WE-6, Airtel will add a significant amount of 100 TBps capacity to its global network,”.
- Airtel had acquired 1 fiber pair on the main SEA-ME-WE-6 system and will co-build 4 fiber pairs between Singapore–Chennai–Mumbai as part of the cable system.
- “Airtel will land the SEA-ME-WE- 6 cable system in India at new landing stations in Mumbai and Chennai,”.
- SEAME-WE-6 will be fully integrated with Nxtra by Airtel’s large data centers in Mumbai and Chennai to enable global hyperscalers and businesses.
- “Undersea cable systems along with data centers are vital infrastructure for supporting 5G and the digital economy.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs February 21
7. Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2022:
- Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2022 was held in Mumbai.
- Some of the big winners of the night were Pushpa: The Rise (Film of the Year), Shershaah (Best Film), Ranveer Singh (Best Actor), Kriti Sanon (Best Actress), Manoj Bajpayee (Best Actor in Web Series), Raveena Tandon (Best Actress in Web Series) and Anupama (Television Series of The Year).
- Here is the complete list of all the winners:
|Film of the Year||Pushpa: The Rise|
|Best Actor||Ranveer Singh|
|Best Actress||Kriti Sanon|
|Best Director||Ken Ghosh|
|Outstanding Contribution To Film Industry||Asha Parekh|
|Best Actor in Supporting Role||Satish Kaushik|
|Best Actress in Supporting Role||Lara Dutta|
|Best Actor in a Negative Role||Aayush Sharma|
|Critics Best Film||Sardar Udham|
|Critics Best Actor||Sidharth Malhotra|
|Critics Best Actress||Kiara Advani|
|People’s Choice Best Actor||Abhimanyu Dassani|
|People’s Choice Best Actress||Radhika Madan|
|Best Debut||Ahan Shetty|
|Best International Feature Film||Another Round|
|Best Web Series||Candy|
|Best Actor in Web Series||Manoj Bajpayee|
|Best Actress in Web Series||Raveena Tandon|
|Television Series of the Year||Anupama|
|Best Actor in Television Series||Shaheer Sheikh|
|Best Actress in Television Series||Shraddha Arya|
|Most Promising Actor in Television Series||Dheeraj Dhoopar|
|Most Promising Actress in Television Series||Rupali Ganguly|
|Best Short Film||Pauli|
|Best Playback Singer Male||Vishal Mishra|
|Best Playback Singer Female||Kanika Kapoor|
|Best Cinematographer||Jayakrishna Gummadi|
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 21
8. India offers credit line for economic, trade cooperation with Iran:
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar stressed on India’s readiness to open a credit line for economic and trade cooperation with Iran, during his talks with Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference.
- During the meeting, the two Foreign Ministers agreed on the development of bilateral economic and trade cooperation, regardless of the developments in Vienna.
- EAM Jaishankar reaffirmed India’s determination to develop cooperation with Iran in the fields of oil, industry, agriculture and trade.
9. India and UAE sign first free trade agreement:
- India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) firmed up a Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) during a virtual summit.
- The Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with UAE will reduce import duties on the majority of Indian exports to the country.
- This is the first major trade deal that has been implemented by the Narendra Modi government after coming to power in 2014.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 21
10. India’s first Biosafety Level-3 mobile laboratory launched in Maharashtra:
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare announced that India’s first Biosafety level-3 containment mobile laboratory was launched in Nashik, Maharashtra.
- This laboratory will be able to access remote and forested areas of the country where specially trained scientists from ICMR can investigate outbreaks using samples from humans and animal sources.
- To strengthen healthcare infrastructure through the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission.
12. Government plans ‘Heal by India’ for positioning country as global source for health sector:
- GoI is to promote ‘Heal by India’ for strengthening the country’s educational institutions in the health sector and enhancing education to churn out quality human resources in health, thus helping them become eligible to work anywhere in the world.
- The Union Health Ministry recently organised a Chintan Shivir — ‘Heal by India’ for two days.
13. Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs sanctions Rs 2.26 cr for festival of Medaram Jathara 2022:
- Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs has sanctioned 2.26 crore rupees for various activities pertaining to the festival of Medaram Jathara 2022.
- This year it is being celebrated from Wednesday till 19th of this month.
- Under the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, the Government has announced that tribal culture and heritage will be the cynosure of 2022.
- The Ministry continuous support of this festival aims to generate awareness and a harmonious bond between the visitors and the Tribal communities of Telangana.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy