Daily Current Affairs February 19
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs February 19. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 19 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs February 19
1. Soil Health Card Day:
- This day is being observed across the country on February 19.
- This day is observed in India because PM Modi launched the Soil Health Card Scheme on February 19, 2015, in Suratgarh, Rajasthan.
2. World Day of Social Justice:
- On 26 November 2007, General Assembly declared that February 20 will be celebrated annually as the World Day of Social Justice.
- The aim is to propagate equality as much as possible on various grounds and eradicate discrimination and injustice.
- Theme: “Achieving Social Justice through Formal Employment”.
- This year’s theme is to address some of the issues related to working conditions on digital labor platforms.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs February 19
3. Cricket-Rohit Sharma named India’s permanent test captain:
- IRohit Sharma ndia’s cricket board (BCCI) announced that Opening batsman has been named India’s permanent test captain.
- Rohit is now India’s captain across all 3 formats after he was earlier given the white ball captaincy.
- India plays Sri Lanka in three Twenty20 internationals starting on Thursday, before the two-test series next month.
- According to selection committee chairman Chetan Sharma, Fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah has been named vice-captain. Batsmen Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane were dropped from the Test squad.
- Note: Recently, Virat Kohli has resigned as captain of the India Test side following their 2-1 series defeat by South Africa.
4. Mumbai to host IOC session in 2023:
- The International Olympic Committee awarded India the right to host the IOC Session in Mumbai next year.
- The session will be hosted at the state-of-the-art, brand new Jio World Convention Centre. India will host the session for the first time since 1983.
- Mumbai received a 99% of the votes in favour of its bid from the delegates participating in the process, with 75 members endorsing its candidature in the session held at
- An IOC session is the annual meeting of the members of the IOC, comprising 101 voting members and 45 honorary members.
- It discusses and decides on the key activities of the global Olympics movement including adoption or amendment of the Olympic Charter, election of IOC members and office bearers and election of the host city of Olympics.
- Nita Ambani: Indian representative on the committee.
5. Nigerian sprinter Okagbare banned for 10 years for doping:
- Nigerian sprinter Blessing Okagbare received a 10-year ban for being part of an organized doping regimen” ahead of the Tokyo Olympics.
- The former world championships silver medalist was initially suspended in July just before she was due to run in the semifinals of the 100 meters at the Olympics.
- Okagbare tested positive for blood booster EPO in Nigeria in June, in addition to another failed test for human growth hormone in Slovakia in July.
- A ban of 5 years was imposed by the AIU for the presence and use of multiple prohibited substances and the suspension was doubled for her refusal to cooperate with the investigation.
- A ban of 10 year(s) is a strong message against intentional and co-ordinated attempts to cheat at the very highest level of our sport, Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) head Brett Clothier.
- Okagbare won the bronze medal in the long jump at the 2008 Olympics.
- That was later upgraded to a silver medal when a Russian athlete was banned for doping.
- At the 2013 world championships, she doubled up with long jump silver and 200-meter bronze.
- Okagbare also won the 100 and the 200 at the Commonwealth Games in 2014.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs February 19
6. Vistara partners with Allianz, offers optional travel insurance:
- Vistara has entered into an association with Allianz Partners to provide optional travel insurance to its passengers.
- “Effective February 16, Vistara customers have the option to avail travel insurance while booking their domestic or international flights.
- The option is currently available to Indian citizens residing in India, and will be extended to other global markets, including Singapore, United Arab Emirates, and Europe in the 2nd phase over the course of the year.
- Insured customers will be covered for medical emergencies including Covid-related illnesses, mandatory personal quarantine, and denial of boarding due to a suspected illness.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs February 19
7. Mahindra Electric ties up with CSC to promote EV adoption in rural India:
- Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd (MEML) has partnered with Common Service Centres (CSC) to promote adoption of electric vehicles.
- This will offer its range of electric vehicles like the Treo and Alfa to aspiring customers in the rural markets.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs February 19
8. SBI, BoB, Union Bank subscribe to shares of IDRCL:
- Public sector banks (PSBs) SBI, Bank of Baroda and Union Bank have subscribed to 99,000 shares each of the yet to be operational asset reconstruction company IDRCL.
- In a regulatory filing, State Bank of India (SBI) has acquired 99,000 shares of India Debt Resolution Company Ltd (IDRCL), equivalent to 12.3 % stake.
- It added that the holding will be brought down to 5 % by March 31, 2022.
- The acquisition is subject to execution of investment agreement.
- It added that its equity stake of 12.30 % in IDRCL will be reduced to 9.90 % by March 31, 2022.
- The shares are to be subscribed at Rs 10 apiece.
- Union Bank of India (UBI) has subscribed to 99,000 equity shares of face value of Rs 10 each in IDRCL towards the bank’s initial subscription in the asset reconstruction company.
- UBI will bring down the holding to 10 % in due course of time on subscription by other PSBs/FIs.
- IDRCL is yet to become PSBs & Public Financial Institutions (FIs) will hold a maximum of 49 % stake in IDRCL and the rest will be with private sector banks.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs February 19
9. J&K Bank bags Khadi India Award for PMEGP, among top 4 banks in country:
- For implementing the Union Government’s flagship scheme of Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) for the financial year 2020-21, J&K Bank has bagged 4th position across the country under the Khadi India Award.
- J&K Bank, Zonal Head Mumbai Rajesh Malla Tikoo received the award during the Banker’s Review Meeting.
- Organized by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) Mumbai, Union Ministry of MSME (GoI) in Mumbai.
- The Bank has sanctioned 12455 PMEGP cases with a sanction limit of Rs 797.37 crore during the FY 2020-21.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 19
10. India, UAE sign Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement:
- India & UAE Signed a Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) that will help bolster the strategic partnership and take bilateral economic and commercial engagement to the next level.
- CEPA was signed during a meeting between the Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal and UAE delegation led by Minister of Economy, Abdulla bin Touq Al-Marri and Minister of State for Foreign Trade Thani bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi, in critical areas of healthcare and food security.
- The 2 sides are also strengthening their cooperation in new areas of renewable energy, start-ups and fintech; Bilateral trade, investment and energy relations have remained robust.
- India is participating with one of the largest pavilions in the Dubai Expo 2020.
- UAE is India’s third-largest trade partner. It hosts a large Indian community which numbers close to 3.5 million.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 19
11. PM Modi inaugurates 550-tonne capacity Bio-CNG plant in Indore:
- PM Modi inaugurated 550-tonne capacity ‘gobar-dhan’ Bio-CNG plant in Indore city of Madhya Pradesh.
- This plant is based on the concept of waste-to-wealth innovation. Plant is Situated on the Devguradia trenching ground, the 550-tone per day capacity Bio-CNG plant is the biggest of its kind in the entire Asian continent.
- Note: PM stated, Ethanol blending in petrol used to be only 1 % to 2 % 7 to 8 years ago in India, which is now reaching around 8 %.
12. Sikkim govt, BRO sign road construction framework agreement:
- The Sikkim Government and the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) signed a road construction framework agreement for encouraging convergence of work related to, the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
- It was inked by the Sikkim,Rural Development Secretary C S Rao and Brigadier SP Singh, for BRO; Both will construct a road from Dikchu to Rangrang.
- ‘The MGNREGA job card workers will be paid Rs 212 – their daily wage under MGNREGA while BRO will make some additional payment to bring the workers at par with BRO workers.
- Special Secretary MGNREGA Sarika Pradhan; Colonel Nilajit Srivastava, Director Planning HQ Swastik.
13. India’s Largest Career Counselling Project Paramarsh Launched In Bikaner:
- Minister of State Parliamentary Affairs – Arjun Ram Meghwal, Bikaner, Ministry of Labor and Employment – National Institute of Career Service (NICS), Directorate of Education, Bikaner in partnership with Edumilestones, has launched its largest initiative of career counselling for students and teachers training in career counselling in Bikaner, Rajasthan.
- After a successful pilot conducted last year, where Edumilestones, conducted a career awareness workshop across 100 schools.
- This year, Arjun Ram, has set a plan to expand the knowledge across 1000+ public and private schools in Bikaner in association with Edumilestones.
- In February 2022, It is expected that more than 1.6 lakh students to be benefitted across 1000+ public and private schools.
- The aim of this project is to set up a career guidance cell at the school level.
- To execute on the ground, from every school, one teacher is nominated as a career ambassador. As per data, confirmation of 1050 career ambassadors received.
- The project will be executed in IV phases in January starting from 28th January.
- In phase I, 1000+ teachers were jointly trained and certified by NICS and Edumilestones to act as Career Ambassadors for their respective schools.
- Furthermore, Tapan Misra – SAC ISRO and Dr. Anshuman Tripathi – Board Member of NSA, graced the training sessions with their inspiring presence.
- In phase II to be executed on 15th February 2022 a mass career awareness workshop will be conducted by shortlisted 200+ Certified Career Analysts from Edumilestones for 1.6 lakhs students across 1000+ schools.
- In phase III, this workshop will be followed by Edumilestones’ AI based psychometric assessment.
- There is a plan to handover online and offline career library to each and every student for regular reference and career exploration.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers