Daily Current Affairs April 30
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 30. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 30| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 30
1. World Veterinary Day was declared in which year?
Answer: C) 2001
- World Veterinary Day is observed on the last Saturday of April to celebrate the work of veterinarians globally.
- The day highlights the work and duties veterinarians have towards the society and the responsibilities they shoulder at a local, national and international level.
- World Veterinary Day was declared in 2001.
- “Strengthening Veterinary Resilience”.
2. International Dance Day is celebrated on?
A) April 29
B) April 27
C) April 25
D) April 28
E) April 30
Answer: A) April 29
- To celebrate this incredible art form, International Dance Day is celebrated on April 29 every year.
- It was first announced by the International Dance Council in 1982.
- To encourage participation and educate people across the world about different dance forms.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 30
3. Sindhu won bronze medal and lost to which country player in Badminton Asia Championship?
Answer: E) Japan
- Indian ace PV Sindhu settled for the bronze medal in the Badminton Asia Championships as she lost to Japan’s Akane Yamaguchi in the women’s singles semifinal.
- She had won her first Asian medal in 2014 after losing to China’s Wang Shixian in the semifinal.
- This was Sindhu’s ninth loss against the Yamaguchi in 22 meetings.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs April 30
4. IRDAI hiked exposure limit for insurers in BFSI sector to ____ per cent?
Answer: B) 30%
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has permitted insurers to have exposure to financial and insurance activities up to 30 per cent of their investment assets.
- The limit of 25 per cent of investment assets mentioned in Note No 8 to Reg 9 of IRDAI (Investment) Regulations 2016 stands revised to a limit of 30 per cent of investment assets.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 30
5. Who among the following to be new Vice Chief of Army?
A) Lt GenMukundNaravane
B) Lt GenMukundPande
C) Lt Gen Manoj Pande
D) Lt Gen BaggavalliSomashekar Raju
E) Lt Gen Manoj Naravane
Answer: D) Lt Gen BaggavalliSomashekar Raju
- Lt Gen BaggavalliSomashekar Raju will take over as the next vice chief of the Army Staff on May 1.
- Lt Gen Raju will succeed incumbent Lt Gen ManojPande.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 30
6. L&T collaborated with which IIT to develop Green Hydrogen Technology?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Indore
C) IIT Bombay
D) IIT Kharagpur
E) IIT Roorkee
Answer: C) IIT Bombay
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has signed an agreement with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay to jointly pursue research and development work in the Green Hydrogen value chain.
- Under the agreement, both the institutions would contribute towards development of the Green Hydrogen industry in India while developing technology in this field.
7. Which Shipyard to develop, build first indigenous hydrogen-fuelled electric vessels?
Answer: E) Cochin
- Kick-starting efforts of the country towards green shipping, the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) here will develop and build the first indigenous hydrogen-fuelled electric vessels, Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways, SarbanandaSonowal.
- The project will be carried out by the CSL in collaboration with Indian partners and unveiled the government’s plan for building hydrogen-fuelled electric vessels keeping pace with the Global Maritime Green Transitions.
8. SpaceX Falcon 9 launched ___Starlink satellites to low-Earth orbit; deployment confirmed?
Answer: D) 53
- SpaceX’s Falcon 9, the world’s first orbital class reusable rocket, launched 53 Starlink satellites to low-Earth orbit.
- This was the sixth flight of Falcon 9’s first stage booster, which previously launched Ax-1, the first all-private astronaut mission to the International Space Station (ISS), on April 8, 2022, and other missions.
- The Falcon 9 rocket lifted off from Space Launch Complex 40 (SLC-40) at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 30
9. Which country hosted the world’s largest cyber exercise?
Answer: B) Estonia
- The Tallinn-based NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence, abbreviated as CCDCOE, is organising the Locked Shields 2022, the largest and most complex annual international live-fire cyber defence exercise in the world.
- At the exercise, cyber experts practise the protection of national civilian and military IT systems and critical infrastructure in a large-scale cyber-attack.
- It is conducted under conditions of intense pressure, with teams countering series of sophisticated cyberattacks.
10. China, Russia, India and how many others countries on US property rights ‘Priority Watch List’?
Answer: E) 4
- The United States placed India, China, Russia and four other countries on its annual ‘Priority Watch List’ for intellectual property protection and enforcement.
- The other countries that have been put on the list issued by the Office of the US Trade Representative are Argentina, Chile, Indonesia and Venezuela.
- All seven countries on this year’s list were on last year’s, too.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 30
11. Samba became first district in India to cover 100% households under ABPMJAY- SEHAT scheme it is located in which state/UT?
C) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: C) Jammu and Kashmir
- The Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the Samba district of Jammu division has become the first district in India to cover 100% households under Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan ArogyaYojana (ABPMJAY)-SEHAT scheme.
- The district achieved this milestone after the conclusion of special registration drive organized by State Health Agency (SHA).
- The Samba district has a total of 62,641 families with 304510 people eligible for ABPM-JAY SEHAT golden cards.
- However, 100% family coverage for the Ayushman Bharat Golden card in the district is a major achievement for the UT Government.
- Worth to mention, the ABPMJAY SEHAT scheme is the world’s largest health insurance scheme fully financed by Government and the people with Ayushman Bharat Golden Card get free treatment up to 5 lakh in all government and empanelled private hospitals across India.
12. MoD procurement through GeM reaches all-time high of over _____ crore for Financial Year 2021-22?
A) Rs 15000
B) Rs 13000
C) Rs 19000
D) Rs 18000
E) Rs 16000
Answer: A) Rs 15000
- Procurement orders by Ministry of Defence (MoD) through Government e-Market (GeM) portal have reached an all-time high of Rs 15,047.98 crore for Financial Year 2021-22.
- It is a jump of more than 250 percent over the last financial year.
- The GeM was started in August 2016 to revamp the old tender process and bring greater probity and transparency in government procurement through digitisation.
- In a short span since its inception, the MoD has embraced the digital drive and embarked on this path with absolute resoluteness.
- Despite multiple challenges on ground, the results have been astounding.
- The MoD is committed to contribute significantly to the Government’s vision of promoting digitisation and transparency in consonance with Digital India.
13. Which Ministry signed MoU with ISRO to upskill technical staff?
A) Agricultural Ministry
B) Skill Ministry
C) Defence Ministry
D) Education Ministry
E) MSME Ministry
Answer: B) Skill Ministry
- With an aim to upskill the technical staff at the Department of Space in the Indian Space Research Organisation, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) signs a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- The MoU was signed by Shri Rajesh Aggarwal, Secretary MSDE and Shri S. Somanath, Secretary Department of Space/ Chairman ISRO.
- The programme is aimed at creating a formal framework for short-term courses to provide training for the skill development and capacity- building of the technical staff of ISRO as per the industry requirements, in the space domain in the country.
- More than 4000 ISRO technical employees will be trained in the programme over the course of the next 5 years.
- The location of the training will be the National Skill Training Institutes (NSTI) under MSDE located across India.
- The objective of the training programme is to boost the skills of various technical staff working across ISRO centres and units under Department of Space (DOS).
14. Which country launched pilot phase of open e-commerce network?
Answer: D) India
- India launched the pilot phase of open network for digital commerce (ONDC), a UPI-type protocol, in five cities with an aim to democratise fast growing e-commerce sector, help small retailers and reduce dominance of online retail giants.
- The initiative is also aimed at curbing the dominance of two large multinational e-commerce players, which control more than half of the country’s e-commerce trading, limit access to the market, and give preferential treatment to certain sellers and squeeze supplier margins.
- The ONDC is a set of standards for voluntary adoption by sellers or logistics providers or payment gateways.
- As many as 80 firms are currently working with the ONDC and they are at different stages of integration.
- These companies are making their apps for sellers or buyers or logistics or payment gateways.
- At the pilot phase, the target is to onboard 150 retailers in five cities – Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Shillongand
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Science and Technology