Daily Current Affairs May 01
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 01. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 01| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 01
1. First-ever Kerala Olympic Games gets underway in which of the following place?
Answer: E) Thiruvananthapuram
- The first-ever Kerala Olympic Games was inaugurated by state Sports Minister V Abdurahiman at the University Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Athletes, bearing the torch and flag of the Games, took out a march across the city before reaching the inaugural venue.
- Olympic medallistsMary Kom, P R Sreejesh, Ravi Kumar Dahiya and BajrangPunia, along with Olympians from Kerala Sajan Prakash, Alex Antony, K T Irfan and M P Jabir accompanied the athletes in an open jeep.
- State Finance Minister K N Balagopal awarded the lifetime achievement award to boxer Mary Kom.
- The maiden Kerala Games is a mega multi-sporting event organised by the Kerala Olympics Association (KOA).
- As part of the Games, which will be held from May 1 to 10, a 21.1 km-long half marathon.
- The KOA said the prize money for the marathon is Rs 11 lakh for winners under various categories.
- The association expects over 1,000 participants in the marathon from across the country.
- Athletics, aquatics, archery, basketball, boxing, badminton, cycling, football, wrestling, hockey, judo, karate, kambadi (kabaddi), kho-kho, netball, rugby, shooting, wushu, tennis, table tennis, taekwondo, volleyball and weight-lifting will be part of the Games.
- Athletes and teams participating in the Kerala Olympic Games were selected through district-level events.
- More than 8,000 sportspersons are expected to participate in the Kerala Olympics.
2. Returning Carolina Marin claimed ___ European C’ships title?
Answer: C) 6th
- 2022 European Badminton Championships in Madrid.
- Carolina Marin claimed the European Championships title for the sixth consecutive time, making a winning comeback from a serious knee injury that she suffered a year ago.
- The Spaniard, who had opted out of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics last year due to an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury in her left knee, defended her European Championships crown for a fifth consecutive time.
- Marin now has one title more than Danish legend Peter Gade in the singles and equals Gillian Gilks for the most number of titles in one category (Gilks won six in mixed doubles).
- The last winner in the women’s singles category was Tine Baun, who retired almost a decade ago.
3. India won silver in Asian Youth Beach Handball at which of the following country?
Answer: A) Thailand
- India have won a silver medal at the second Asian Girls Youth Beach Handball Championship in Bangkok.
- The Indian girls twice defeated Hong Kong, while against the hosts Thailand they won once and lost another to finish second and bag a silver in the tournament held from April 25-30.
- The Indian team was represented by Anushka Chauhan, Jassi, SanjanaKumari, Chetna Devi, Vanshika Mehta, IshaMajumdar.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs May 01
4. UPI hits record high in April with ____ transactions worth Rs 9.83 trn?
A) 5.7 bn
B) 5.5 bn
C) 5.4 mn
D) 4.5 bn
E) 4.5 mn
Answer: B) 5.5 bn
- India’s flagship digital payment platform, Unified Payments Interface (UPI), has started the current financial year (FY23) on a positive note, with 5.58 billon transactions amounting to Rs 9.83 trillion processed in April.
- This is a record high for the payment platform, both in terms of volume and value of transactions since its inception.
- In March 2022, UPI breached 4 billion transactions in a month for the first time to Rs 9.6 trillion.
- Compared to March, volume of transactions was up 33 per cent and value of transactions was up 2.36 per cent.
5. GST collection touches record high at _____ lakh crore in April?
A) Rs 1.64 lakh crore
B) Rs 1.65 lakh crore
C) Rs 1.66 lakh crore
D) Rs 1.68 lakh crore
E) Rs 1.67 lakh crore
Answer: D) Rs 1.68 lakh crore
- The Ministry of Finance informed that the Goods and services tax (GST) collections have touched an all-time high of over Rs 1.68 lakh crore in April as the country witnessed an improvement in economic activities.
- The April collection is Rs 25,000 crore higher than that in March, having the second-highest collection of Rs 1.42 lakh crore.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs May 01
6. Govt to sell how many percent in Pawan Hans to Star9 for ₹211 cr?
Answer: A) 51%
- The government approved the sale of its 51% stake in Pawan Hans Ltd to Star9 Mobility Pvt. Ltd for ₹211.14 crore, completing the divestment process of its shareholding in the helicopter operator.
- The Pawan Hans stake sale is part of the government’s efforts to raise ₹65,000 crore from asset sales.
- State-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd owns the remaining 49% stake in the helicopter operator.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs May 01
7. Who among the following given additional charge of CBDT Chairman?
A) Sushant Singh
B) Harbajan Singh
C) Sangeeta Singh
D) Pawan Singh
E) Amrander Singh
Answer: C) Sangeeta Singh
- Sangeeta Singh, a 1986 batch Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer has been given additional charge of Chairman, Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), after incumbent JB Mohapatraretired as the head of the direct taxes administration body on April 30.
- Mohapatra, a 1985-batch Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer of the Income Tax department, was appointed as the full-time chairman in September 2021.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 01
8. Which of the following state celebrated it foundation day at science centre in Patan?
Answer: E) Gujarat
- Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel and Union Home Minister Amit Shah greeted people on the state’s foundation day and praised the hard-working citizens of the state for its development.
- Foundation day on May 1.
- Gujarat and Maharashtra were formed on this day after the enactment of the Bombay Reorganisation Act, 1960.
- Patan has located some 130 km from Ahmedabad.
9. Chhattisgarh govt launches scheme for doorstep delivery of how many public services?
Answer: B) 100
- Residents of 14 municipal corporations in Chhattisgarh can now avail around 100 public services, including delivery of birth, caste, income and marriage certificates, at their doorstep under a new scheme launched by the state government.
- Chief Minister BhupeshBaghel launched the scheme, titled ‘MukhyamantriMitaanYojna’ (Mitaan stands for friend), which will be implemented as a pilot project in 14 civic bodies, including the state capital Raipur and cities like Durg, Bilaspur and Rajnandgaon.
- People will have easy access to around 100 services, like obtaining birth, marriage, caste, domicile,income and death certificates, through this scheme.
10. Which of the following state CM inaugurated e-pension portal on Labour Day?
B) Andhra Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttar Pradesh
- On Labour Day, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the e-pension portal to ensure transparent and hassle-free disbursement of pensions to retired government employees.
- It is the effort of the finance department to end the pain and agony of the senior citizens.
- The portal will benefit around 11.5 lakh pensioners in the state.
- This system has been implemented for the state government employees and soon, other departments will also join the process which will benefit lakhs of people.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers