Daily Current Affairs April 29
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 29. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 29| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 29
1. Arjun Munda inaugurated ‘Kudo Sports Complex’ in which of the following state?
Answer: D) Nagaland
- The Union Minister Shri Arjun Munda in an endeavour to encourage mass participation and promote excellence in sports among tribals, inaugurated the ‘Kudo Sports Complex’ in Dimapur, Nagaland.
- The establishment of Complex is being funded by the Union Ministry of Tribal affairs.
- The Union Minister also laid the foundation stone for Kohima Village Multipurpose Community Building and laid the foundation stone for Eklavya Model Residential School in Kiphire, Nagaland.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs April 29
2. RBI extended cash credit limit for wheat procurement from which state/UT?
A) Madhya Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Punjab
- The Punjab government said the RBI extended the cash credit limit (CCL) for the ongoing wheat procurement from the state.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the CCL of Rs 3,378.15 crore till the end of May. With this, the sanctioned limit of Rs 24,773.11 crore for April-end has been enhanced to Rs 28,151.26 crore up to May-end.
- Wheat procurement for the central pool from Punjab started in April.
3. Which Bank unveiled pre-approved personal loan under Project WAVE?
A) HDFC Bank
B) Axis Bank
C) Canara Bank
D) Indian Overseas Bank
E) Indian Bank
Answer: E) Indian Bank
- Public sector Indian Bank has unveiled pre-approved personal loan product under Project ‘WAVE’.
- In January 2022, the Chennai-based bank launched the digital transformation initiative – World of Advance Virtual Experience ”WAVE” to launch its first digital product ”Pre-Approved Personal Loan (PAPL)” that aims to provide customers with instant loan disbursements.
- The service available for existing customers and hold regular income and pension accounts and PAPL loan product can be availed of through mobile application, bank’s website and through internet banking facility.
- The loan would carry an interest rate of 10 per cent per annum with no foreclosure charges.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs April 29
4. Which version of ‘Reporting India’, book by veteran journalist Prem Prakash?
Answer: C) Bengali
- Book – “Reporting India: My Seventy-Year Journey as a Journalist”
- Authored – Veteran journalist Prem Prakash.
- The book, launched in 2020, was named by the Kalinga Literary Festival (KLF) as the Book of the Year in the non-fiction category in 2021.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 29
5. Who among the following gotaddl charge of DG Council of Scientific and Industrial Research?
A) Rajesh S Gokhale
B) Rajesh Sharma
C) Rajesh Verma
D) Rajesh Kumar
E) Rajesh Prakash
Answer: A) Rajesh S Gokhale
- Secretary of Department of Biotechnology Rajesh S Gokhalewas given additional charge of the post of Director-General, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)-cum-Secretary, Department of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- In 2005, he was awarded the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology – the most prestigious science award in India – in the category of Biological Sciences.
- He has been honoured with several other prestigious awards including the BM Birla Young Scientist Award in 1999, and Wellcome Trust International Senior Fellow 2003-08.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs April 29
6. Which Tunnel received IBC Best Infrastructure Project award?
B) Atal Tunnel
E) Bhatan Tunnel
Answer: B) Atal Tunnel
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) Engineering Marvel Atal Tunnel built in Rohtang of Himachal Pradesh received Indian Building Congress (IBC) ‘Best Infrastructure Project’ in New Delhi.
- More than thirty state of the art infrastructures were nominated for the prestigious awards, the strategic tunnel was adjudged by the Jury of IBC as the Best Projects for Excellence in Built Environment in 2021.
- Director General BRO, Lt General Rajeev Chaudhry received the award during 25th annual Convention of IBC for the stupendous achievement of BRO in constructing this engineering marvel connecting Manali to the Lahaul-Spiti Valley.
7. Indian snow leopard conservationist won UK wildlife charity award,what is his name?
A) Dr Rajesh Mishra
B) Dr Deepak Mishra
C) Dr Sandeep Mishra
D) Dr Charudutt Mishra
E) Dr Rohit Mishra
Answer: D) Dr Charudutt Mishra
- Dr Charudutt Mishra, a snow leopard conservationist from India who has been working across the world to protect the big cat with a pioneering community-led approach has won a prestigious nature award in London.
- Mishra was presented the 100,000 pounds Whitley Gold Award from UK wildlife conservation charity Whitley Fund for Nature (WFN), which supports grassroots conservation leaders.
- The award is geared towards enabling the “ground-breaking” snow leopard conservationist to replicate ethical community engagement on every continent.
- Mishra, who is the first international Executive Director of the Snow Leopard Trust (SLT).
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 29
8. World’s most powerful space telescope now ready for instrument commissioning who designed it?
C) Space X
Answer: E) NASA
- With the completion of the seventh and final stage of alignment, NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope is now capable of capturing crisp, well-focused images with each of its four powerful onboard science instruments.
- The telescope’s alignment can be seen in a series of test images that capture the World’s most powerful space observatory’s full field of view.
- For this test, Webb pointed at a part of the Large Magellanic Cloud, a small satellite galaxy of the Milky Way, providing a dense field of hundreds of thousands of stars across all the observatory’s sensors.
9. Tata Power signed MoU to install up to how many EV charging points across Maharashtra?
Answer: C) 5000
- Electric utility company Tata Power informed the exchanges that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO) to install up to 5,000 EV charging points across its members’ developer properties in Maharashtra.
- The company said the MoU was signed at The Real Estate Forum, 2022 in Mumbai in the presence of Aaditya Thackeray, Minister of Tourism & Environment, Maharashtra.
- These chargers will be made available as public/ semi-public charging stations based on the nature of the premises.
10. Which IIT developed structured model for bacteria-based cement production?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Bombay
C) IIT Kharagpur
E) IIT Guwahati
Answer: A) IIT Madras
- The Indian Institute of Technology, Madras Researchers had developed a structured model to help in the production of bio-cement, which is an alternative sustainable process for cementation.
- It has the potential to reduce Carbon Dioxide (CO2) emissions in the future called ‘Microbially Induced Calcite Precipitation’ (MICP), this process is used to make bio-cement using bacteria (Ex: S pasteurii).
- The Research was focused to gain better understanding of the MICP process with a long term aim to scale up manufacturing of Bio-Cement.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs April 29
11. Anti-ship version of _____ missile successfully test-fired?
Answer: D) Brahmos
- An anti-ship version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully test-fired jointly by the Indian Navy and the Andaman and Nicobar Command.
- The Andaman and Nicobar Command is the only tri-services command of the Indian armed forces.
- On April 19, the Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully test-fired the BrahMos missile from a Sukhoi fighter jet on the Eastern seaboard.
- March month, the Indian Navy successfully test-fired an advanced version of the Brahmos missile from a stealth destroyer in the Indian Ocean.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 29
12. Which country will not host World University Games in 2023 – FISU?
Answer: B) Russia
- The International University Sports Federation (FISU) had decided to postpone the Russian city of Yekaterinburg’s hosting rights for the 2023 World University Games.
- FISU has already barred Russian and Belarusian athletes and officials from taking part in its events until at least the end of the year over Moscow’s military intervention in Ukraine.
- It has also stripped Russia and Belarus of three events scheduled to take place in 2022.
- Russian Sports Minister Oleg Matytsin – who last year vacated his position as president of FISU over a court ruling on Russian doping violations – said last month that Russia would invite “friendly countries” to take part in its national university games.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 29
13. Nitin Gadkari inaugurated ___ NH Projects and ___ CRIF Projects in Hyderabad?
A) 10 & 12
B) 7 & 12
C) 12 & 7
D) 12 & 12
E) 7 & 7
Answer: C) 12 & 7
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated 12 National Highway Projects of total length of 460 Km worth Rs. 8000 Croreand 7 CRIF Projects in Hyderabad in presence of Union Minister Shri G Kishan Reddy, MoS Gen V. K. Singh, Shri VemulaPrashanth Reddy, MPs, MLAs, MLCs and dignitaries.
- The NH Projects of a total length 460 KM with an investment of ₹ 8,000 Crore will boost the interstate connectivity by enabling seamless travel from Telangana to Maharashtra, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
- The fast paced Highway development will boost trade and commerce in the region and create sustainable employment opportunities for the youth.
14. Maha Cabinet approved how many crore gene bank project?
A) Rs 172 crore
B) Rs 127 crore
C) Rs 162 crore
D) Rs 126 crore
E) Rs 182 crore
Answer: A) Rs 172 crore
- The Maharashtra Cabinet approved a gene bank project that aims to conserve genetic resources in the state, including marine and animal diversity and seeds of local crops at an estimated cost of more than Rs 172 crore.
- The Maharashtra Gene Bank project, which will be executed by the forest department, aims to conserve genetic resources in the state, including marine diversity, seeds of local crops and animal diversity.
- A separate unit will be formed under the chairmanship of the Principal Chief Conservator of Forest for the project.
15. Centre to issue commemorative coin to mark Jawaharlal Darda’s birth centenary,value of the denomination?
A) Rs 500
B) Rs 1000
C) Rs 50
D) Rs 400
E) Rs 100
Answer: E) Rs 100
- The government will soon issue a commemorative coin of Rs 100 denomination to mark the birth centenary of Jawaharlal Darda, a former Congress leader and founder of the Lokmat group of newspapers.
- The reverse face of the quaternary alloy coin shall bear Darda’s image in the centre.
- The coin will carry the inscription ‘Birth Centenary of Shri Jawaharlal Darda’ in Hindi and English on the upper and lower periphery.
- ”A year ‘1923’ and ‘2023’ in international numerals shall be flanked respectively on the right and left middle periphery of the coin”.
- Born in 1923, Darda rose to prominence from humble beginnings and went on to become a successful businessman and later a minister in the Maharashtra government for several terms from 1978 to 1995.
- Darda passed away on November 25, 1997.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Books and Authors
Science and Technology