Daily Current Affairs April 24
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 24. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 24| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 24
1. National Panchayati Raj Day is observed on?
A) April 21
B) April 20
C) April 22
D) April 24
E) April 23
Answer: D) April 24
- National Panchayati Raj day is celebrated across India on April 24.
- The day is also marked to honour the passing of the 73rdConstitutional Amendment Act in 1992.
- The day was first celebrated in April 2010.
- The day is of utmost significance as in the year 1957, a committee was established under the chairmanship of BalwantraiMehta,that was aimed at bringing on reforms for the central power system.
- Celebrated without any theme.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 24
2. Asian Wrestling C’ships 2022 Ravi Dahiya clinched gold for the ___ time?
Answer: B) 3
- Gold – Ravi Kumar Dahiya(57kg) 3rdStraight Win.
- Silver – BajrangPunia(65kg) and GouravBaliyan(79kg).
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs April 24
3. BHIM UPI goes live at NEOPAY terminals in which of the following country?
Answer: E) UAE
- NPCI International Payments Ltd (NIPL), the International arm of the National Payment Corporation of India has announced that BHIM UPI is now live at NEOPAY terminals, across the UAE.
- This initiative will empower millions of Indians who travel to the UAE, to safely and conveniently make payments using BHIM UPI.
- NIPL and NEOPAY, the payment subsidiary of Mashreq bank, partnered last year to create the acceptance infrastructure in the UAE.
- With the acceptance of BHIM UPI in the UAE, Indian tourists can now make seamless payments through BHIM UPI across NEOPAY enabled shops and merchant stores.
- This partnership will play a key role in transforming the P2M payment experience for Indian travelers in the UAE.
- The implementation of BHIM UPI in the UAE is a stepping stone toward providing a major boost to digital payments in the country.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs April 24
4. India’s first modern fantasy fiction adventure released who among the following is the publisher?
B) Rupa Publication
D) Penguin Random House
E) Harpen Collins
Answer: C) StoryMirror
- Book – “The Adventures of Sugi and Banshee”.
- Author – Kanika Mittal
- Publisher – StoryMirror
- Released on World Book Day.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 24
5. Who among the following appointedVishakhaMulye as CEO?
A) Aditya Birla Capital
B) Adani Group
C) Hindustan Unilever
D) ITC Limited
E) Wipro Limited
Answer: A) Aditya Birla Capital
- VishakhaMulyehas been appointed as the next Chief Executive Officer of Aditya Birla Capital.
- Mulye replaces Ajay Srinivasan.
- Mulye, currently the Executive Director of ICICI Bank, will join Aditya Birla Capital on June 1, 2022, and will operate as the CEO with Srinivasan for a month to ensure a smooth transition of leadership.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 24
6. Which of the following company announced new partnership to protect mangroves in Raigad district?
Answer: B) Apple
- Apple announced a new partnership with the Applied Environmental Research Foundation and Conservation International to protect the mangrove ecosystem and the livelihoods that depend on it in the Raigad district of Maharashtra.
- The goal of the partnership is to help transition the local economy to one that relies on keeping mangroves intact and healthy.
- AERF will also engage Conservation International to verify the climate benefits of the mangroves, accounting for the carbon sequestered in both the trees and soil.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs April 24
7. IAF arming with which country chopper fleet with Israeli NLOS anti-tank guided missiles?
Answer: D) Russia
- The Indian Air Force is arming its Russian-origin helicopters with the Israeli ‘Non-Line of Sight (NLOS) ATGMs’ which can hit ground targets from distances up to 30 km.
- The Israeli Spike NLOS anti-tank guided missile is being integrated into the Russian-origin fleet of Mi-17V5 helicopters which can take out targets from long ranges and can prove to be very effective against enemy armoured columns in times of conflict.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 24
8. Nitin Gadkari inaugurated ____ National Highway Projects worth Rs 5569 cr in Maharashtra’s Aurangabad?
Answer: A) 7
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkariinaugurated 7 National Highway Projects worth Rs 5569 crores in Aurangabad district.
- Road transport in the city is important in the development of tourist centers in Aurangabad district, which is a major tourist destination of the state.
- The construction of roads, many ponds have been constructed on the lines of Buldhana pattern and the soil and stones have been used for the construction of roads.
- This will help in reducing the water crisis by increasing the groundwater level.
- The construction of such ponds in the district has increased the water capacity to 14 lakh cubic meters till date.
9. PM inaugurated, lays foundation stone of projects worth how many crores in J-K?
A) Rs 25000 Crore
B) Rs 15000 Crore
C) Rs 20000 Crore
D) Rs 10000 Crore
E) Rs 30000 Crore
Answer: C) Rs 20000 Crore
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation of multiple development projects worth over Rs 20,000 crore in Jammu and Kashmir, including the opening of the Banihal-Qazigund road tunnel to establish all-weather connectivity between the two regions of the union territory.
- Modi, who celebrated the Panchayat Raj Diwasat Palli Gram Panchayat in Samba, the youth of Jammu and Kashmir will get employment opportunities through overall development of the union territory.
- This is the prime minister’s first visit to J-K after the abrogation of Article 370 on August 5, 2019.
10. Which country to host accountants World Congress for the first time in 118 yrs?
Answer: E) India
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is set to host 21stWorld Congress of Accountants (WCOA), the kumbh of accountants, for the first time in 118 years of its existence.
- About 6000 top accountants from 130 countries will participate in the programme physically.
- The event will take place in newly built Jio World Convention Centre in Mumbai.
- The WCOA, a forum for thought leadership and global exchange of views, is held every four years since it started in 1904.
- The theme this time would be ‘Building Trust Enabling Sustainability’.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Books and Authors
Science and Technology