Daily Current Affairs April 23
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 23. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 23| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 23
1. World Book and Copyright Day is celebrated on?
A) April 23
B) April 24
C) April 20
D) April 21
E) April 22
Answer: A) April 23
- World Book and Copyright Day are celebrated on April 23, to promote the enjoyment of books and reading.
- In 1995, UNESCO decided to celebrate April 23 as World Book Day or World Book and Copyright Day.
- The theme for World Book and Copyright Day 2022 is “Read, so you never feel low.”
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 23
2. Indian embassy in which of the following country hosted ‘friendship cricket tournament’ to celebrate AzadiKaAmritMahotsav?
Answer: B) Oman
- The Indian embassy in Muscat organised a Friendship Cup Cricket Tournament, timed with the commemoration of 75 years of India’s independence which is being celebrated as ‘AzadiKaAmritMahotsav’.
- The tournament saw the participation of four teams, one each from the embassies of India, the UK and the US and one team from the Oman Cricket Association.
3. Archery World Cup Stage 1 is conducted at which of the following country?
Answer: E) Turkey
- Indian men’s compound archery team of Abhishek Verma, Rajat Chauhan and Aman Saini downed France by one-point in a thrilling final to win the gold medal at the Archery World Cup Stage 1 at Antalya, Turkey.
- This was the men’s compound team’s first World Cup gold medal since Shanghai 2017.
- India, however, lost out on a second medal after the compound mixed pair of Verma and MuskanKirarto Croatia in the bronze medal playoff.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs April 23
4. Maharashtra to get how many crores loan under SIDBI Cluster Development Fund?
A) Rs 350 crore
B) Rs 450 crore
C) Rs 550 crore
D) Rs 600 crore
E) Rs 400 crore
Answer: D) Rs 600 crore
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) had provided the first approval under SIDBI Cluster Development Fund (SCDF) of Rs 600 crore to the Maharashtra government to meet the growing demand for skilled manpower.
- SIDBI, the principal financial institution engaged in the promotion, financing, and development of MSMEs, has accorded an in-principle approval for an amount of Rs 600 crore for reviving and upgrading various ITIs and Polytechnics, being run by the Directorate of Vocational Education and Training under the Department of Skills, Employment, Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs April 23
5. Who among the followingsigned MoU with WBSIDCL?
Answer: B) SIDBI
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), the leading financial institution for MSME sector, has entered into MoU with West Bengal Small Industries Development Corporation Limited (WBSIDCL) to develop the eco-system for micro and small enterprises in the state.
- The objective of this MoU is to enhance cooperation between the state government and SIDBI to further accelerate the development of MSMEs in West Bengal in a structured and planned manner and facilitate the entrepreneurs with handholding support and financial assistance from SIDBI at a competitive price, for meeting their financial and developmental needs.
- Under the MoU, WBSIDCL shall provide a dedicated desk to SIDBI for setting up an MSME facilitation desk, while the latter shall provide the required resources.
- After allotment of land to the eligible MSMEs, WBSIDCL shall forward a copy of the land allotment letter to SIDBI which shall undertake assessment of the applications originated through the MSME facilitation desk/WBSIDCL/other state agencies on fast-track basis.
- SIDBI may make payment towards eligible cost of land for the support of worthy projects directly to WBSIDCL, out of the loan sanctioned to the eligible MSME on merits.
6. Which of the following Bank signed MoU with CBDT and CBIC for tax collection?
A) DCB Bank
B) Yes Bank
C) Dhanalaxmi Bank
D) Axis Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: C) Dhanalaxmi Bank
- Dhanlaxmi Bank had signed a memorandum of understanding with Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) for collection of taxes.
- The bank has been authorised by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) based on the recommendation from the Controller General of Accounts for collection of various taxes.
- With this, customers will soon be able to pay their direct taxes and GST payments and other indirect taxes through the branch network and digital platforms of the bank.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 23
7. Who among the following appointed as ‘YuWaah’ board co-chair?
A) Ashwin Kimura
B) Ashwin Kumar
C) Ashwin Yardi
D) Rajiv Kumar
E) Suman Bery
Answer: C) Ashwin Yardi
- UNICEF’s ‘YuWaah’ – the Indian chapter of Generation Unlimited – has announced Ashwin Yardi, the CEO of Capgemini in India, to be its co-chair.
- Yardi will be a co-chair along with Yasumasa Kimura, the UNICEF Representative.
8. Who among the following stepped down as NitiAayog Vice Chairman?
A) Rajiv Khan
B) Rajiv Kishore
C) Rajiv Singh
D) Suman K Bery
E) Rajiv Kumar
Answer: E) Rajiv Kumar
- The government appointed Suman K Beryas the vice chairman of NitiAayog, following the sudden resignation of Rajiv Kumar.
- Bery will take charge from May 1, 2022.
- Kumar, an eminent economist, took over as vice chairman of NitiAayog in August 2017 after the then VC Arvind Panagariya exited the government think-tank to return to academics.
9. Who among the following named as the New Global Peace Ambassador 2022?
A) Arvind Singh
B) Pushkar Singh
C) Babita Singh
D) Kusheen Singh
E) Sabita Singh
Answer: C) Babita Singh
- Serial entrepreneur Babita Singh has been conferred as a Global Peace Ambassador for promoting Peace through Education, Sports, Art, Culture & Diplomacy at the India International Conclave 2022 held in collaboration with Asia Africa Consortium (AAC) that took place in Shangrila, New Delhi.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs April 23
10. New vessel named _____ inducted into Indian Coast Guard?
Answer: B) UrjaPravaha
- The Indian Coast Guard Ship (Auxiliary Barge) named UrjaPravaha has been inducted into the Indian Coast Guard at Gujarat’s Bharuch.
- Auxiliary Barge UrjaPravaha arrived in Kochi and will be under the operational command of Coast Guard District Headquarters-4 (Kerala and Mahe), in addition to auxiliary barge UrjaShrota, which was based here since 2017.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 23
11. NATO’s large-scale cyberdefense exercise Locked Shields underway in which of the following country?
Answer: D) Estonia
- Locked Shields, NATO’s annual live-fire cyberdefense exercise, began at the NATO Cooperative Cyber Defense Center of Excellence (CCDCOE) in Tallinn, Estonia.
- Over two days, more than 2,000 participants from 32 countries are practicing the protection of national IT systems and critical infrastructure under the pressure of a large-scale cyberattack.
12. India and which of the following country signed MoUs on nuclear energy, innovation partnership?
Answer: E) UK
- Amid the visit of the UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson to India, the two countries signed a number of agreements including two government-to-government Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) on Nuclear Energy Partnership and Global Innovation Partnership.
- The MoU on Cooperation on Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership was signed between India’s Department of Atomic Energy and the UK’s Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 23
13. First ever Global AYUSH Investment & Innovation Summit in Gandhinagar concludes on high note of ______ crore investments proposed?
A) Rs 9000 Crores
B) Rs 9500 Crores
C) Rs 9600 Crores
D) Rs 9800 Crores
E) Rs 8000 Crores
Answer: A) Rs 9000 Crores
- The first ever Global AYUSH Investment and Innovation Summit (GAIIS) at Gandhinagar concluded, with the AYUSH sector witnessing Letter of Intents (LoIs) of over Rs 9,000 crores.
- The investment proposals have come across major categories like FMCG, Medical Value Travel (MVT) and services, pharmaceuticals, technology & diagnostics, and farmers & agriculture.
- During the summit, more than 70 MoUs (Memorandum of Understanding) were signed between countries, prestigious research institutes, the farmers groups and industry.
14. Who among the following Minister attended FATF Ministerial Meeting in Washington D.C.?
A) Shri Anurag Thakur
C) Smt Nirmala Sitharaman
D) Shri Jai Shankar
E) Shri Narendra Modi
Answer: C) Smt Nirmala Sitharaman
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharamanattended the FATF Ministerial Meeting in Washington D.C. on 21st April 2022, conducted along-side the 2022 Spring Meetings of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- Providing strategic direction, by endorsing the FATF’s strategic priorities for the years 2022-24 and reinforcing Ministers’ commitment to ensure suitable funding for the delivery of the strategic priorities which are Strengthening the FATF Global Network, FATF systems of Mutual Evaluations, Enhancing International Beneficial Ownership Transparency, Increasing Capabilities to more effectively recover Criminal assets, Leveraging Digital Transformation, Ensuring Sustainable Funding for FATF Strategic priorities.
15. Who among the following to Hold Day-Long Workshop on ‘Innovative Agriculture’ on 25 April?
A) Agriculture Ministry
B) NITI Aayog
Answer: B) NITI Aayog
- As part of the AzadikaAmritMahotsav, NITI Aayog is organizing a day-long national workshop on ‘Innovative Agriculture’.
- The workshop will be addressed by Union Ministers Narendra Singh Tomarand ParshottamRupala, Gujarat Governor Acharya Devvrat, and NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Dr Rajiv Kumar, Member (Agriculture) Dr Ramesh Chand, and CEO Amitabh Kant.
- The workshop is expected to bring together stakeholders working in the field of innovative agriculture and natural-farming practices from India and abroad.
- Deliberations will be held in key areas related to the promotion of natural farming, itsrole in soil health restoration and climate change mitigation.
- Natural farming practices are mostly in harmony with the principles of agro ecology advocated by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
- It offers viable solutions to improve the livelihood of farmers while reducing the environmental impact of chemical agriculture.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy