Daily Current Affairs April 16
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 16. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 16| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 16
1. World Voice Day was 1st celebrated on?
Answer: D) 1999
- Every year on April 16, the world celebrates World Voice Day.
- This day is commemorated to raise awareness and education about the value of speaking in our daily lives.
- On April 16, 1999, the Brazilian Society of Laryngology and Voice, chaired by Dr. Nedio Steffen, declared the day as Brazilian Voice Day.
- “Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with deeper meaning”-Maya Angelou
- “The message behind the words is the voice of the heart”– Rumi
- “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice“– Steve Jobs
- “The human voice is the organ of the soul”-HenryWadsworth Longfellow.
2. Save the Elephant Day 2022 is observed on?
A) April 14
B) April 16
C) April 15
D) April 13
E) April 12
Answer: B) April 16
- The Day is celebrated on April 16 every year.
- The Day is established by the Thailand-based Elephant Reintroduction Foundation.
- The Day aims to change this alarming trend by educating people about elephants and the plights they face, encouraging everyone to do their bit and help save them from extinction.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 16
3. Tamil Nadu won the National Basketball Championships title for _____ time?
Answer: A) 10th
- 71st Senior National basketball crown at the Nehru Indoor Stadium,Chennai.
- Winner: Tamil Nadu (10th title)
- Runner: Punjab
Awards – Daily Current Affairs April 16
4. Which of the following scheme selected for Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration?
A) Jan DhanYojana
E) Mudra Yojana
Answer: C) UDAN
- Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) flagship Regional Connectivity Scheme UDAN (UdeDeshkaAamNagrik) has been selected for Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration 2020 under the category “Innovation (General) – Central”.
- This scheme emphasises on Good Governance, Qualitative achievements, and last mile connectivity rather than only on achievement of quantitative targets.
- The award consists of a trophy, scroll and an incentive of Rs 10 lakhs.
- A special event is been organized by Government of India at VigyanBhawan on the occasion of “Civil Service Day” where the representative of the ministry will be facilitated with the award.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 16
5. Which of the following country launched Zhongxing-6D satellite?
A) South Korea
B) North Korea
Answer: E) China
- China successfully launched Zhongxing-6D, a new satellite into space, from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in southwest China’s Sichuan Province.
- The satellite, launched at 8 p.m. (Beijing Time) by a Long March-3B carrier rocket, entered the planned orbit successfully.
- The launch of Zhongxing-6D which marked the 415th mission for the Long March series carrier rockets will provide reliable, stable and safe radio and television transmission and communication services.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 16
6. The Global Ayush Investment and Innovation Summit to be held at which of the following place?
Answer: A) Gandhinagar
- The Union Ministry of Ayushannounced that it will organise the Global Ayush Investment and Innovation Summit during April 20-22, 2022 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The summit will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The three-day event will witness participation of industry leaders, academicians, and scholars to deliberate upon ways to promote traditional medicines, and systems.
- As part of the summit, 5 plenary sessions, 8 roundtables, 6 workshops, 2 symposiums, 90 eminent speakers and 100 exhibitors will be present.
- There will also be multiple initiatives to stimulate Ayush exports in international markets.
7. Which of the following ministry organised National Conference on Localisation of SDGs on Healthy Village and Socially Secured Village?
A) Ministry of Home Affairs
B) Ministry of Agriculture and rural developement
C) Ministry of External affairs
D) Ministry of Panchayati Raj
E) Ministry of Finance
Answer: D) Ministry of Panchayati Raj
- The National Conference on Localisation of SDGs on Healthy Village and Socially Secured Village– fifth in the series of National Conferences organized by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj to mark Iconic Week celebrations in commemoration of AzadiKaAmritMahotsav.
- Shri Ravi Shankar Shrivastava DG, IGPR&GVS and Secretary, Ministry of Panchayati Raj released the Panchayat material in Braille script and assured that it would be translated in every language.
8. Which edition of ‘HunarHaat’ to be inaugurated in Mumbai?
Answer: B) 40th
- The 40th edition of ”HunarHaat”, a platform to preserve, protect and promote local artisans and craftsmen, will be inaugurated Union Minister Anurag Thakur.
- ”HunarHaat” is strengthening Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call for ”vocal for local” and ”Aatmanirbhar Bharat”.
- At least 1,000 artisans and craftsmen from all over the country will participate in the 40th edition of the initiative.
- ”HunarHaat” has provided a platform to craftsmanship and handicrafts from far-flung areas of the country and has given them national and international recognition.
9. PM Modi unveiled _____ feet statue of Lord Hanuman in Gujarat’s Morbi?
Answer: E) 108
- On the occasion of Hanuman Jayanti, Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a 108 feet statue of Lord Hanuman in Gujarat’s
- The statue is the second of the four statues being built in the four directions across the country, as part of the ‘Hanumanji Char Dham’
- The statue has been set up in the west, at the Ashram of BapuKeshvanandji in Morbi.
- The first statue of the series was set up in the north in Himachal Pradesh’s Shimla in 2010.
- The work on the third statue, in the south at Rameswaram has started.
10. Union Health Minister addressesed Ayushman Bharat ____ anniversary celebrations?
Answer: C) 4th
- The Health Minister will connect with primary health care team members in more than 75,000 AB-HWCs and citizens who have received services, through teleconsultations
- The celebration will witness the launch of Indian Public Health Standards and Public Health Management Cadre (PHMC)
- With the Union Health Ministry organising a week-long celebration under the “AzadiKaAmritMahotsav” to mark the fourth anniversary of Ayushman Bharat- Health and Wellness Centres (AB-HWCs) from April 16 to April 22.
Over All Review
Science and Technology