Daily Current Affairs April 17
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 17. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 17| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 17
1. World Heritage Day is observed on?
A) April 15
B) April 17
C) April 18
D) April 19
E) April 16
Answer: C) April 18
- The International Day for Monuments and Sites, also known as World Heritage Day.
- The Day is celebrated every year on April 18.
- First observed in
- Observed by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- The aim in celebrating this day is to spread awareness about the cultural heritage and diversity on the planet.
- “Heritage and Climate”
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 17
2. Who among the following defeated SAI to win HI Women’s Junior Academy National Championship title?
A) Tamil Nadu
B) Madhya Pradesh
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Madhya Pradesh
- Second Hockey India Junior Women Academy National Championship in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
- Winner: Madhya Pradesh
- Runner: SAI Academy
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs April 17
3. Who among the following announced strong financial results for FY2022?
A) Max Life Insurance
B) SBI Life Insurance
C) Oriental Life Insurance
D) Bajaj Alliance Life Insurance
E) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
Answer: E) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance has delivered another strong financial performance leading to a 33% year-on-year growth in the Value of New Business (VNB) for FY2022.
- The VNB margin, a measure of profitability, expanded to 28% and absolute VNB stood at 63 billion.
- This was led by a robust growth of 25% in new business sum assured and 20% in Annualised Premium Equivalent for the same period.
- During FY2022, Annuity and protection new business premiums grew by 29% and 35% year-on-year respectively.
- New Business Sum Assured of the Company grew to 7,731.46 billion for FY2022 making ICICI Prudential Life Insurance the leader in the private sector.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 17
4. Atomic Energy Commission Chairman Vyas got how many year extension?
Answer: A) One
- The government has granted an extension of one year to Atomic Energy Commission Chairman KamleshNilkanth Vyas.
- The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet has approved the extension in service to Vyas for a period of one year beyond May 3, 2022, or ”until further orders”.
- This is the second extension for Vyas, who was first appointed to the post in September 2018.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs April 17
5. The ‘Export Excellence Awards 2017-2021’ held at which of the following city?
Answer: D) Mumbai
- The ‘Export Excellence Awards 2017-2021’ of apex plastics industry trade body The Plastics Export Promotion Council (PLEXCONCIL) in Mumbai.
- Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Shri Piyush Goyal exhorted the Indian Plastic Industry to take the sector from the current level of around Rs.3 lakh crores of economic activity to 10 lakh crores in around 4-5 years.
- This would be a national service from the plastics industry; this will create at least 1 – 1.5 crore jobs.
- The industry as one which gives lot of impetus for job creation, especially in MSME sector.
- The Plastic industry to emerge as a benchmark for quality & carve its way towards a larger global market share.
- The industry that it needs to reduce the volume of imports and become self-reliant.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 17
6. India’s first radio channel for visually-impaired people ‘Radio Aksh’ launched in which of the following city?
Answer: E) Nagpur
- Country’s first-ever radio channel for the visually impaired, named ‘Radio Aksh’ has been launched in Nagpur, with the Blind Relief Association Nagpur and SamdrushtiKshamataVikasAvamAnusandhan Mandal (Saksham).
- It will help the visually-impaired gain seamless access to education resources and audiobooks.
- Educational resources encompassing a variety of subjects are made available through this platform on digital platforms owned by visually-impaired people, who can access this vast bank of information from anywhere as unlike the FM and AM Radio, the technology of Internet Radio is used, which knows no geographical limitations.
7. India plans standalone renewable battery power bank at an investment of how many crores?
A) Rs 2000 crore
B) Rs 3000 crore
C) Rs 2500 crore
D) Rs 4500 crore
E) Rs 5000 crore
Answer: A) Rs 2000 crore
- India is setting up a first-of-its-kind standalone renewable battery power bank envisaging an investment of Rs 2,000 crore to make green energy available on tap for discoms and grid operators during peak demand, but spike in prices of lithium — a key ingredient for making batteries — and supply chain disruptions due to the Russia-Ukraine conflict may weigh on industry response.
- The tender floated by SECI (formerly Solar Energy Corporation of India Ltd), the government entity implementing India’s solar and wind energy plans, earlier this week, the project will have storage capacity to supply 500MW for two hours, or 1,000MWh (megawatt hour).
Defence – Daily Current Affairs April 17
8. Indian Coast Guard gets new hoverport at which of the following state?
B) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Gujarat
- Director-General of Indian Coast Guard (ICG) VS Pathaniainaugurated the hoverport at Okhaand laid the foundation stone for a Coast Guard jetty at Vadinar, both located in Gujarat’s coastal DevbhumiDwarka district.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 17
9. BRO to construct world’s highest tunnel at Shinku La Pass at ______ feet altitude?
A) 16,580 feet
B) 15,680 feet
C) 18,560 feet
D) 16,680 feet
E) 16,560 feet
Answer: A) 16,580 feet
- The Border Roads Organisationwill construct the world’s highest tunnel at Shinku La Pass at 16,580 feet to connect Himachal Pradesh to Ladakh.
- The Centre has already made ‘Project Yojak’ of BRO to execute this ambitious project.
- This tunnel, to be completed by 2025, will change the economy of Zanskar Valley.
- The south portal of the tunnel will be at Shinku La and the north portal at Lakhang.
10. Skill India International Centre to come up in which of the following state?
Answer: C) Odisha
- India’s first Skill India International Centre will be set up in Bhubaneswar for training youths with an aim to enhance overseas opportunities for the skilled workforce.
- A memorandum of understanding was exchanged between the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and the Skill Development Institute (SDI) in presence of Union Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
- Under this collaboration, the Skill India International Centre will be set up for high-quality training of the youth, especially the aspirants from Odisha aiming to work overseas.
- The centre will host training facilities to provide skills as per the demand of the international employers in countries like Canada, Australia and the Gulf nations.
- It will have services like mobilisation, counselling, skill training, pre-departure orientation, foreign language training, placement and immigration and post-placement support.
- A National Academy for Skill Teachers will be set up at the SDI campus for skill training of teachers and assessors.
- A memorandum of cooperation was signed between the NSDC and Odisha Skill Development Authority (OSDA) to promote international workforce mobility for skilled and certified workers from Odisha to other countries.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Science and Technology